question for new orleans people

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Mikayla
Sojourner

question for new orleans people

Postby Mikayla » Thu Feb 06, 2003 3:02 pm

what would you suggest for being the best days to come to mardi gras, and lets get everyone together :)
Her Royal Bitchness Eye Aeturnum
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Thu Feb 06, 2003 7:52 pm

I'm not from New Orleans but I've been to Mardi Gras 4 times....

The weekend before fat tuesday is the busiest time. Which may or may not be what you want. If your planning to meet up with people then I would say try for something a bit earlier when its not so crowded.

And dont forget to visit Mother's Restaurant on poydras street for breakfast AND lunch. Please mail me a fried shrimp po boy :)

Corth
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Grungar
Sojourner

Postby Grungar » Thu Feb 06, 2003 9:13 pm

Yeah, uh, I'm gonna be in New Orleans for I dunno how long at the ACS meeting thingy in late March, so... Foodage recommendations? Entertainment recommendations? That would be super cool. Thank you, drive through.

- Grungar "I was really disappointed when I found out that 'The Big Easy' didn't refer to a person..." Forgefire
Mikayla
Sojourner

Postby Mikayla » Mon Feb 10, 2003 2:57 pm

come you mean to tell me all the people in new orleans dont wanna have a get together party thing? :)
Selenar
Sojourner

Postby Selenar » Sun Feb 16, 2003 11:13 pm

Not with you! /tease

-Sel
SuckaPUNCH!
Jurdex
Sojourner

Postby Jurdex » Tue Feb 18, 2003 11:57 am

Sorry, I didn't see this thread until someone direct my attention to it..

The parades actually start up this weekend, but if you're planning to come down for Mardi Gras and you have the ability to make your trip whenever you want, I'd definitely come for the weekend leading up to Mardi Gras Day..

So that would be either Thursday or Friday.. either the 27th or 28th of February I'd plan to come down, that way everything is going strong, the crowds are wild and you get to see the best parades (as if that is what you tourists really come for, heh).

Now, the prices for plane tickets and hotel reservations and everything increase exponentially the closer you get to Mardi Gras Day (which is March 4th this year)... so I don't know what luck you'll have with that or anything.. hope this helps.

Anything else you need to know just ask, and I'll help as best I can.

Dornax
Jurdex
Mikayla
Sojourner

Postby Mikayla » Tue Feb 18, 2003 3:21 pm

jurdex, my wife and myself will be in new orleans for mardi gras on march 1st and 2nd, dont know about anything after that
Gort
Sojourner

Postby Gort » Wed Feb 19, 2003 7:07 am

Check in Check Out in Slidell had the best po boys I'd had down there.... its across the lake.

The parades were actually a lot of fun, so is the Vampire tour, tho I don't think it runs during Mardi Gras.

Toplack
"In the immortal words of Socrates, I drank What?!" Real Genius

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”