Chaos New Year!

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Chaos New Year!

Postby Shevarash » Sun Jan 06, 2002 3:00 pm

Chaos New Year is now over.

It was, overall, a great success and alot of fun for those that wanted to let loose and get into it.

Of course, that kind of utter chaos is not everyone's idea of a good time, and that's ok - hell, this MUD specifically caters to people who dislike chaotic pkilling. That's why we only do it once in a while. If you're one of those people next time, please, let others enjoy it, and go do something else for the day: read a book, mow the lawn, start a cult...

...Sojourn will be back for you when it's all over.

Your feedback, suggestions, and constructive criticisms are all welcomed of course. Image

------------------
<B>Shevarash -- Code Forger of Sojourn3
</B>
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Sun Jan 06, 2002 3:32 pm

the temptation to enter an unexplored zone is too great (i'm really sorry about this, i didn't mean ti disrespect the gods).

i suggest closing off the planes and high level zones like scorps and MD. Also, ban players for the rest of the festivites if they attempt explore any zone or set their home to tiamat's lair and set them to level 1.
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Sun Jan 06, 2002 3:37 pm

Good point Dalar, next time we'll unload the newer highlevel zones.
Rellanor
Sojourner

Postby Rellanor » Sun Jan 06, 2002 6:47 pm

Well As one of the People with "God HPs" Trusts me they wheren't godly I could have been killed easily by 2 guys who knew what to do or even 1 guys if he had good eq if he was of a damage dealing class like druids shamans opposite allign cleric invoker "this is a guess since I never saw one on" the other 2 people with high set hp where Ushug and Gormal they where set as servents to a demon who wanted to destroy WD.

They where set as Avatars I guess to destroy WD I was latter set as an Avatar to help in the fight to reclaim WD as Avatars Ushug and I never used our HP to kill and loot other players who didn't have the hp to face us I can't speak for Gormal cause he logged off hours before the real Avatar fun began.

As far as Chersra said I don't agree with it there was Just me on the good side and all I did was holy word rooms full of evil race in wd as a lvl 50 troll warrior he should be able to flee out if he is dieing and didn't want to. if he wanted to stand till then end then he riskes death like everyone else. Ushug never died while I was fighting him in wd but that was becouse he had an avernus and the huge hp his was 10000 or so mine was 5000 or so I did die a couple of times.

I personally liked the Idea of haveing the added aspect of avatars and atleast 1 god playing a part in the battle for WD.

The pcorpse looting I agree it was bad and once Ushug and Myself decided to have the big battle the 2 of us and Weylarii tried our bests to have a loot free pk.

if there is anything that truely unbalanced the PK it wasn't Ushug or my hp it was Archery Weylarii killed me before I became an Avatar 2 times 1 time it was 1 shot from 917 hp to death I never even saw the arrow all I saw was Weylarii takes aim and starts fireing wildly or something to that affect the other time I only had about 720 hp same result tho.

even with it's short comeings I loved it and so did most of the poeple I talked to. Evils and Goods Killed each other in the streets of WD and all across the mud with few cases of players getting angered the only times I saw where when highlvl groups formed and killed lone players in various stages of battle readiness ranging from 1hp naked to 1k fully memed and equiped. but even that should be looked at as random chance when the forces of chaos run free.

Rellanor -Holy Essence- EC (Avatar of Torm) Defender of WD
Nekler BlazingWolf
Sojourner

Postby Nekler BlazingWolf » Sun Jan 06, 2002 8:33 pm

Overall I liked it for the few hours I played. As my first experiance with pkill it was a fun one. Only things I didn't like were some people had god set hps, and the corpse looting. I know plooting is part of pkill, but its not very fun to get back to your corpse and find you have no eq. Of course you can loot someone elses corpse, but then you put them in the same situation.

Would have to agree with cherzra about the lever, but make it just level you up to 50 and give you a bag of equipment instead. No people walking around with godly hps.

Overall was fun and look forward to the next time this happens. Great work gods!
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Mon Jan 07, 2002 6:44 am

Once I was made an avatar I didn't loot anyone. And no way you could've killed me rellanor:P 10k hp troll with ultra magic restistance insane stats perm everything owns everything:P except when i ko'd myself first round vs rolart...that was quality.

Gormal -Servant of the Demon - (troll)
Taegost
Sojourner

Postby Taegost » Mon Jan 07, 2002 12:22 pm

<cough, cough>
Since my modem still isn't functioning properly, I wasn't able to take a big part in the Chaos, however, I did play for about 10 minutes, and here's what I noticed... Well, besides the fact that I'm blind and didnt' realize I could have been set to level 50, but anyhoo...
At level 23, all it took me was one Sticks to Snakes spell to take out a fully equipped level 50... And it never reached my 4th snake, ever, and only one person survived, I think because they had an autoflee trigger set, but he(she?) was still pretty hurt...
I believe the damage should have been toned down a bit, kinda like the arena...
Uhmm, but as for anything else, I HATE MY MODEM, I wish it would die, I can surf the web and play Diablo II just fine, but I can't play a simple text-based game... <sigh>
I'm going to right the manufacturer a really nasty letter, thru the years since I've discovered it, Sojourn has always been my home away from home...
It killed me when it went down, and of course I was in the Navy for the first part of it being back up...
But anyhoo...
Chaos rulez Image

------------------
Taegost, The one and ONLY STUPER DRUID(tm)
ssar
Sojourner

Postby ssar » Mon Jan 07, 2002 2:01 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gormal:
<B>Once I was made an avatar I didn't loot anyone. And no way you could've killed me rellanor:P 10k hp troll with ultra magic restistance insane stats perm everything owns everything:P except when i ko'd myself first round vs rolart...that was quality.

Gormal -Servant of the Demon - (troll)</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

AND except if chaos lasted several more hours and I hunted you down..

You were mine, Giblet! Mine!

Mogr -Temporary Minion of Lloth-
Trogar
Sojourner

Postby Trogar » Mon Jan 07, 2002 2:38 pm

I thought the pkill was fun. I'm glad it happened. ANyone who didn't like it could stay offline for 24 simple hours.

The pkill was far from perfect. THe end was a bit lame, as others mentioned.

There is one point no one mentioned! Next time, when a PC dies, make them load in WD. The last pkill I was a barb who loaded in WD, and being a dwarf this time in MH made it less fun.

Walking to WD naked with no hp and no eq is extreamly risky Image

All in all it was good. I'm disapointed it had to end earlier for poor reasons.

Trogar
Abue
Sojourner

Postby Abue » Mon Jan 07, 2002 7:13 pm

Wish I wasn't so small During Chaos. I could have pkilled more people. I pkilled 3 people casted shadow bolt on a troll a few times and never died. Glad next weekend will be normal again.

Abue
Aedaris
Sojourner

Postby Aedaris » Tue Jan 08, 2002 1:44 am

Chaos

Overall it was fun, except dying to players in one hit. Ohh yeah and walking from mh to wd after a death sucked, Ask trogar.
sok
Sojourner

Postby sok » Tue Jan 08, 2002 2:13 am

chaos was prolly most fun for warrior cuz of all the artifacts. i played a warrior and cleric. clerics rock cuz of word. wished there were more folks on ep so i could tap their bootie. getting organized was insane. loading in hyssk was cool. cuz i would loot corpse on ep. word. drop my eq that i wore. kill myself on guildmaster. pick up my eq and i have eq on storage if i get whacked. i had so much extra eq it wasn't funnny. but it took 4 hrs of playing b4 i figure out this trick. anyways. good job, wished i could finish jot w/ 10k ushug tank Image
Jasix Prowlingwolf
Sojourner

Postby Jasix Prowlingwolf » Wed Jan 09, 2002 8:53 am

It was hell fun.

I dont really agree with the !loot rule. I got nothgn against Ushug or any other evil that tried to kill us in WD but my view is. "Tough Titties" Our group hung about for 20 mins while you ran back to WD to loot your corpses cause Mogr deemed it a good thing to do... It was but if you come to WD to kill and you fail then... SUFFER!!!

Had it been caster eq I would have looted it, was better then what I had... but then maybe we should make Pkill Choas stuff none pkill.... then we cant loot each other... HMMM now I am confused... to kill or not to kill to loot or not to loot?? Hey give me back my Avernus I EARNED it :P *snicker* You can bet very few would have given Mogr back the sacraficial dagger had they been able to kill him but i do admire his efforts to do what is right for others.

If looting of courses is a reason to be upset then why not have a shit load of bags full of eq in each guild hall so when you die you pick up your fresh bag of goodies and carry on... Kind of like newbie eq when you die under lvl 5 ... we all know it could be coded... *poke Shevy* heheh tho i think you guys all do too much for us as it is.
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Wed Jan 09, 2002 1:50 pm

i left after i saw some bullshit with one of the god set hp folks telling a group member to hand over some eq or he was going to slay him. thats when i decided pk christmas wasnt any fun.

you couldve slayed the 10k hp trolls with a 3 or 4 man group couple invokers major para maybe someone to bash his ass. might take a dozen tries but you could do it.

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 09, 2002 9:49 pm

Lets clear up a few things about the Avatars during Chaos.

I made them. I set their hitpoints up a bit, I gave them uber setbit gear that looked really cool. I did a few goodies and a few evils (equal on both sides)

I then sethome them both to various places next to WD and told them to have a war. It was a blast, evils trying to take over the town, goodies defending, etc. ALL of the people I gave eq to/setbit were told they were not allowed to loot (cept for their own gear if they die), and to my knowledge none did. Most of them didn't even initiate combat, they let you other people kill them.

So going off about how unfair it was is kinda pointless.

As for where you pop, you guys know during chaos if you asked nice some of us would have reset yer hometown to TP or so, that walk is not fun if you die all the time....just a thought.

-Gargamel

------------------

Gargauth the Outcast
Jurdex
Sojourner

Postby Jurdex » Wed Jan 09, 2002 10:48 pm

This is just feedback for next year's chaos if there is one.

Chaos was fun. However, the part where I got fed up and logged off was where these goodie avatars decided to kill me. Then they repeatedly killed me as I tried to get my corpse... Walk in room. 1 hit killed from uber avatar there to defend wd.. Bug verarb to well.. Walk in, 1 hit death.. Repeat 3-4 times. See this happen to friends.. roll eyes. logoff.

So some of the avatars did initiate combat. Image

It was fun, I just didn't like not having a chance against someone. Dying to a backstab or whatever is fine, because someone bested me with skill. Or dying to a group is fine, they had numbers. I just dislike dying because someone got an arti and uber hps. This same avatar killed about 4-5 of my guild members as well.

I think the whole avatar thing is way cool, it just sucked for everyone who wasn't an avatar being killed by them. Thats all.

Dornax
Jurdex

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”