how squids are affected by the changes

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
turg
Sojourner

how squids are affected by the changes

Postby turg » Mon Feb 17, 2003 7:30 am

I just wanted to say I'm a bit displeased with the changes made to psionics. I can understand how invokers wer e abit overpowered, but I also believe psionic attacks were downgraded. My ultrablast does no more than ancentrial fury or any other classes area damage at a much lower circle. It seems to be like the other death field which is a much lower level skill. Now I realize squids are utility with rift and shift but these skills are only used to save time....rarely is there a time when i cant have a mage relocate to the targets and meet on smoke...so to downgrade their damage so much is a bit rough. Now there are also some skills that are completely useless for the squids and should have been looked at before downgrading damage.

1. combatmind works as a skill to improve the combat fighting of a pet...but theres no pets in the game this has ever worked for where ive noticed a huge difference and no squids to my knowledge use this skill.

2. tower of iron will is supposed to allow group members to not be vulnerable to psionic attacks at higher levels. This eeither doesnt work or theres no message when it does work, I believe its the first of the two possibilties.

3. synaptic static is supposed to make a mob forget people spells etc etc. Another skill ive never seen work and it just gets me aggro to the mob. If it worked like feeblemind it might be cool but it jut doesnt work and it yet another skill that isn't used.

4. Globe was a skill temporarily put in before we had mages with globe. This skill is still on our list and should be removed.

5. project force, mindblast, deathfield, ultrablast, detonate etc etc are our damage skills. Ive noticed they are all doing much less damage, and if they aren't well deathfield does the same about as ultrablast right now. This has been tested with domming followers and using skills redomming and reporting mobs hps....since i dont hit mobs with melee its a fairly accurate measure.

I would just like to understand why a level 47 skill like this would take such a dump and why it wasn't added in the news like the reduction in invoker-type spells. I really would hate to see all these damage-doing classes to be made into util chars again.

I understand the need to change the way the game was played, we relied too much on area damage. But I believe the damage was nerfed just a little too much. I hope this post is being made in the middle of changes while tweaks are still being done.....well I can only hope...

Turgoraximus
Ixixalax too
Oosh
Sojourner

Postby Oosh » Mon Feb 17, 2003 8:08 am

very well done, and long over do.

Praise the Tuna!

de Oosh!
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Mon Feb 17, 2003 8:16 am

Turg -

Psi Damage is currently very messed up, it should be fixed next boot! For the record: I do not plan on downgrading Psi damage at all yet, though that may happen after further evaluation. For now, starting next boot anyways, they'll do the same damage as before.

Sorry squiddies :)
Shevarash -- Code Forger of TorilMUD
turg
Sojourner

hi

Postby turg » Mon Feb 17, 2003 8:31 am

i love you shevy, the things i could do to u with my tentacles......

Ixixalax

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”