Since Turg knows everything about boxing

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Daz
Sojourner

Since Turg knows everything about boxing

Postby Daz » Sun Feb 23, 2003 3:22 pm

This is for you, and you know why I am posting it.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/boxing ... p/?cnn=yes

Etienne has a tendency to go down -- seven times in one fight alone -- and was selected as an opponent because of his weak chin and lack of elusiveness.

Etienne, "The Black Rhino," was picked as an opponent because he figured to give Tyson an easy target. He didn't disappoint.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/boxing ... tienne_ap/

To ensure that he does win, promoters came up with what they believe to be a perfect opponent in Etienne -- a raw fighter who stands in front of his opposition and isn't afraid to trade punches.

Even better is that Etienne tends to go down after he's hit with those punches -- seven times in one fight alone against soft-hitting Fres Oquendo.
Shevarash OOC: 'Muma on Artificial Intelligence - Muma OOC: 'someday the quotes really will just become AI and then i'll talk to the AI and be like, hey you come from me, but it will get angry at me and revolt and try to kill me or something heheheh. like in the movies''
Gerad
Sojourner

Postby Gerad » Sun Feb 23, 2003 8:29 pm

stfu
<I>When a man lies, he murders some part of the world
These are the pale deaths, which men miscall their lives
All this I cannot bear to witness any longer
Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?</I>
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Mon Feb 24, 2003 7:18 pm

The funny thing is, is that that guy that lost could whoop any one of our asses within seconds. Mike tyson > you. If tyson would drop his attempt at technical fighting and go back to brawling, he would be a bad ass MF'er again. Next tyson/lewis fight my cash is on tyson...
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Mon Feb 24, 2003 7:34 pm

Tyson is old, has more than his share of brain damage, and hasn't been able to beat any real competition in years. I bet old man George Foreman could come out of retirement and KO iron mike with a big belly roundhouse. Hes just a big circus sideshow. Undoubtedly, most people that watched the stupid fight were hoping he would do something nuts like bite his opponent's genitals off or something. Its really sad.
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Keran
Sojourner

Postby Keran » Mon Feb 24, 2003 8:32 pm

Tyson is really entertaining if nothing else. Without any certainty I am sure that his own reality is warped/jaded by his own life experience, so I can't really blame him for much. He really is a domesticated animal, and on occassion runs loose. That tat has gotta go. He's a beast for doing 2500 situps with 20 lbs on top of him. I wish him all the best and hopefully he can surround himself with some people that can take care of his finances adequately. It was a good run while it lasted.

Toarn
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Mon Feb 24, 2003 9:35 pm

Kifle wrote:The funny thing is, is that that guy that lost could whoop any one of our asses within seconds. Mike tyson > you. If tyson would drop his attempt at technical fighting and go back to brawling, he would be a bad ass MF'er again. Next tyson/lewis fight my cash is on tyson...

Ill take any bet you have on Tyson if he fights lennox lewis again. Tyson is a has-been, and all he can do is beat up on some never-was'es. He's too old to win matches against people who actually know how to box. If they fight again, the same thing will happen. Lewis will use his reach to punish Tyson for 8 rounds, and tyson will sit there and take it because he doesn't know how to block a punch.
Mysrel tells you 'have my babies'
You tell Mysrel 'u want me to be ur baby daddy?'
Mysrel tells you 'daddy? No, I think you have the terminology wrong'
You tell Mysrel 'comeon now we both know i would be the top'
Mysrel tells you 'can be where ever you want to be, yer still getting ****** like a drunken cheerleader'
Galkar
Sojourner

Postby Galkar » Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:09 am

Several things going on here that I'm surprised haven't been brought up. This is why I think Tyson is still trying to fight.

Tyson brings publicity. This equals money. Tyson may be old and washed up, or maybe not, but he's still getting paid. And I'm sure he knows he's getting old, but for the money he and his opponents make, win or loose, my 180lb 5'10" ass would get in the ring with him and take that one punch. :P
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Tue Feb 25, 2003 9:44 am

Yeah, thats the really sad part about it. He actually *needs* to get paid at this point in his carear.
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Tue Feb 25, 2003 12:14 pm

Mike Tyson is a brand name. Do you think Etienne went into the fight thinking he would win? No, he stepped into the ring to try to keep himself from getting hurt long enough to pick up that check and go home. His mouthpiece was out before he even hit the canvas. Post-jail Tyson fights are all spectacles of humor and nothing else. He hasn't been a serious boxing contender in years.

And Tyson ain't shit if Little Mac could knock his pansy ass out.
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Tue Feb 25, 2003 1:35 pm

8)

Yeah, well Little Mac had that crazy uppercut thing where he flashed. Did you ever see one of the normal boxing contenders glow all of a sudden before leaping 3' feet into the air like a nuclear piston into their opponent's face?
Galkar
Sojourner

Postby Galkar » Tue Feb 25, 2003 2:29 pm

Never could beat that forkin game. I could go untouched, all the way to Tyson, but couldn't get the timing down. Bah.
Gura
Sojourner

Postby Gura » Tue Feb 25, 2003 8:20 pm

I'll just say one thing about tyson, he has the capability to knock out just about anyone in one punch...so as for him fighting lennox lewis again...its possible he could win but he's gotta get lucky and land that haymaker he throws.
Dornax says 'And for the right amount of information ye might get some nookie out of Nokie..'

Nokie wiggles his bottom.
Teba tells you 'let me do my job you volo twinker!'
Bobidibble GCC: 'yeah i admit gura is a better warrior then i am, no shame in it... perhaps someday i shall be as pimp'
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Tue Feb 25, 2003 10:28 pm

well little mac might have had the flashing uppercut but he didn't have all the crazy shiznat that fighters like super macho man and Soda Popinski had. Little mac had to live by his wits against some much more super-powered competition.

Goddamned slippery mage.
Kossuth
Staff Member - Admin

Postby Kossuth » Tue Feb 25, 2003 10:40 pm

Great Tiger > you.

That is all.
Kossuth -- TorilMUD Administrator

Astine OOC: 'ask not what I do to your mom, ask what my mom will do to you'

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”