Another North Korea thread.

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Another North Korea thread.

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Mon Mar 03, 2003 5:47 am

This scares me. Especially the last three paragraphs of that article. One of which is,

"Washington and its allies cut off oil shipments to the impoverished communist state. The North responded by saying it would reactivate its frozen facilities. It also expelled U.N. monitors and withdrew from the global Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty."

Just got to wonder when the shit is really going to hit the fan.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/cms.dll/html/uncomp/articleshow?artid=39110877
Wacko. Completely.
Shevarash OOC: 'what can I say, I'm attracted to crazy chicks and really short dudes'
Grungar
Sojourner

Postby Grungar » Mon Mar 03, 2003 11:41 am

Yeah, here's a little snippet of a conversation I had with my younger brother about the situation in North Korea

Bro: I'm tellin ya, if Kim lets loose with the zergling rush, we're as good as gone
Bro: we don't have our firebats upgraded to level 2
Me: That's exactly what I'm saying
Me: And no stimpacks, either
Bro: I proposed to congress that we allocate more SCVs for an academy, but they shot the bill down, saying "we require more vespene gas."
Me: Damn the vespene gas, think of the carnage that he could unleash!

Too much Battle.net for us.

- Grungar "C++ > Me" Forgefire
Gerad
Sojourner

Postby Gerad » Mon Mar 03, 2003 11:59 am

I read on my wireless web that North Korea said that if they are attacked, they will use nuclear weapons. This was an official statement, I read it on CNN...

...oh yes, its all just because the poor north koreans need power. Uh huh.

Would some of you like some pepper for those words?

-g
<I>When a man lies, he murders some part of the world
These are the pale deaths, which men miscall their lives
All this I cannot bear to witness any longer
Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?</I>
Gerad
Sojourner

Postby Gerad » Mon Mar 03, 2003 12:00 pm

Grungar wrote:Bro: I proposed to congress that we allocate more SCVs for an academy, but they shot the bill down, saying "we require more vespene gas."

That is funny as hell dude :D

-g
<I>When a man lies, he murders some part of the world

These are the pale deaths, which men miscall their lives

All this I cannot bear to witness any longer

Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?</I>
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Mon Mar 03, 2003 2:50 pm

Gerad wrote:...oh yes, its all just because the poor north koreans need power. Uh huh.

Would some of you like some pepper for those words?
-g

Of course you are ignoring the fact that the U.S., has at no point shown any inkling of a desire to attack North Korea, via nuclear means or otherwise. This is all North Korea stirring up dust to attract attention, because we are giving them absolutely none. You need controversy for the media to be interested, so this is North Korea creating controversy. Since the U.S. refuses to participate as the other side of this controversy, North Korea has chosen to play both hands. They make up fake claims of nuclear pre-emptive strike(seriously, do you think this would ever happen?) , and U.S. invasion plans of North Korea, when none such plans even exist because we are currently ignoring North Korea. This is all part of an effort to attract attention to North Korea when the world is focused on Iraq, an effort that can be seen in part by North Korea's offer of sanctity toward Saddam Hussein. If the public doesn't care or worry about North Korea, then the government won't act to stop them, so the North Korean government has to stir up some dust to get the media to listen to them, so the public will read it and begin to care about them, so that the masses will force the government to deal with them. Its not going to work, but its a decent plan considering how dire their situation really is. We can't even attack Iraq via standard military means, and we're going to launch a pre-emptive nuclear strike against North Korea...suuuurrreeee...stories like this always bring a great deal of credit to the integrity of (ready guys?) the "liberal media". :wink:

But while we are on the subject, why is it that we need to act multilaterally against Iraq, but everyone thinks North Korea is "America's problem"? Could it be because there is no oil there, so the rest of the world isn't interested in North Korea? Surely the humanitarian french would apply their high moral values and try and help the starving people of North Korea in their time of need...but France remains quiet as people starve to death. Perhaps if total-fina-elf were to set up shop in North Korea, we would hear more about the morality of dealing with that dictator from mr. Chirac...
Mysrel tells you 'have my babies'
You tell Mysrel 'u want me to be ur baby daddy?'
Mysrel tells you 'daddy? No, I think you have the terminology wrong'
You tell Mysrel 'comeon now we both know i would be the top'
Mysrel tells you 'can be where ever you want to be, yer still getting ****** like a drunken cheerleader'
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Mon Mar 03, 2003 3:29 pm

I'm gonna hold my breath until you give me what I want! Hello! Did you hear me? I'm gonna hold my breath until I DIE unless you give me what I want! I know you see me over here, and I'm gonna do it, too, you just watch me. Here I go, I'm holding my breath. This is really it, I'm gonna do it and it's gonna all be your fault, so give me what I want. I'm gonna count to five... One... I'm gonna do it, you'll be sorry! Two... I know I promised to be good in order to get a snack, but I WAS good until you caught me, and if you don't give me two snacks now I'm gonna hold my breath until I turn purple and fall over and everybody's gonna see how bad you really are. Three... Don't make me jump up and down and yell, because I will and then everybody will see how bad you really are because you made me do it. Now you're really making me mad because I hate it when you pretend to ignore me when I know you can see me over here and I KNOW you can hear me, and if you don't give me what I want I'm gonna hold my breath until I turn BLUE and my tongue swells and my eyes pop out! Four... When I choke you're gonna be in sooooo much trouble and I'll just be over here laughing because I told you so, yeah, laughing while I'm choking because it's gonna be so funny to see how much trouble you're gonna be in, and when I'm choking because you won't give me what I want then you'll be really sorry! Four and a half...
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Mon Mar 03, 2003 3:45 pm

lol so true. Its funny to see that psycho screaming for attention while we ignore his commie ass.
Mikayla
Sojourner

Postby Mikayla » Mon Mar 03, 2003 5:16 pm

LOL that was so funny ashiwiwiwi, but it is so true :)
Her Royal Bitchness Eye Aeturnum

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”