moonsea PDF

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
cherzra
Sojourner

moonsea PDF

Postby cherzra » Thu Jan 17, 2002 12:32 pm

OK, since I'm a normal law-abiding citizen I tried to purchase the moonsea box from TSR so I can better write a zone for the mud on a certain town there, but it's been out of print for years.

Now, they do sell the electronic version online. For a measly 5 bucks you can download it. That's peanuts so I clicked on purchase - however, they won't sell it to people outside of the US! And I'm outside of the U.S.

I found no other online store that sells it, so this is the only way of getting it. Anyone have it?
Taegost
Sojourner

Postby Taegost » Thu Jan 17, 2002 1:20 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by cherzra:
<B>OK, since I'm a normal law-abiding citizen I tried to purchase the moonsea box from TSR so I can better write a zone for the mud on a certain town there, but it's been out of print for years.

Now, they do sell the electronic version online. For a measly 5 bucks you can download it. That's peanuts so I clicked on purchase - however, they won't sell it to people outside of the US! And I'm outside of the U.S.

I found no other online store that sells it, so this is the only way of getting it. Anyone have it?</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not totally sure about that set, I'd try either Amazon.com or Barnes&nnoble.com (I know that one is wrong, I'll check it out and get back to ya)
Altho I think B&N stopped selling AD&D stuff a while back... <shrug>
Another decent text would be the 3rd edition Forgotten Realms Compendium, I'm still in the process of reading it, but it's very good in detailing how the entire FR works, history, attitudes, etc. and it goes into detail about locales, also.
I'd also look for Volo's Guides (If they're even still around...)
And maybe even the TSR games they came out with a couple years ago, they're usually pretty close to the "theme"
That and the novels... I'm trying to remember the name of one of the trilogys about King Kendrick... I think it might be the Moonshae trilogy or something... I know one of the books is called the "Coral Kingdom", pretty good book, talks a little about Corwellian tradition and EM Image

------------------
Taegost, The one and ONLY STUPER DRUID(tm)
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Thu Jan 17, 2002 2:17 pm

I don't think the Moonsea set is there, but if you haven't seen this site, probably most of you have, you might want to check it out.

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/DnDDownloads_classics.asp
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Thu Jan 17, 2002 3:35 pm

If it's just 5 bucks, I'll buy it, email you a copy, and then delete the one I have. Mmmm... abiding by the law Image

- Ragorn
5 Bucks is a small price to pay for more realistic zones
Nokie
Sojourner

Postby Nokie » Thu Jan 17, 2002 3:44 pm

Woah that's a really cool site, thanks for the link Ashiwi! Area makers could probably get a lot of use from this.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ashiwi:
http://www.wizards.com/dnd/DnDDownloads_classics.asp</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Thu Jan 17, 2002 3:46 pm

Heh, that site is one of the reasons I HAD to get a cablemodem.

HOW many megs????
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Thu Jan 17, 2002 3:58 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ragorn:
<B>If it's just 5 bucks, I'll buy it, email you a copy, and then delete the one I have. Mmmm... abiding by the law Image

- Ragorn
5 Bucks is a small price to pay for more realistic zones</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am above the law! Image
Taegost
Sojourner

Postby Taegost » Thu Jan 17, 2002 4:40 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ragorn:
<B>If it's just 5 bucks, I'll buy it, email you a copy, and then delete the one I have. Mmmm... abiding by the law Image

- Ragorn
5 Bucks is a small price to pay for more realistic zones</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What are these "law" things that the police officers keep telling me I'm breaking?
And how do you "break" something that you can't even see?

------------------
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Thu Jan 17, 2002 5:10 pm

perhaps your thinking of darkwalker series.. cant remember all the titles think there was 3 and one of them was darkwalker on moonshae. one of them was pool or well or somethin cant remember.
Fezbozz
Sojourner

Postby Fezbozz » Thu Jan 17, 2002 5:31 pm

I actually have the moonsea campaign expansion. I could email you the info from it you need cherzra if ya want me to.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Thu Jan 17, 2002 5:41 pm

Hmm... weren't there 2 trilogies set in the Moonshaes? I think the Moonshae Trilogy and the Druidhome Trilogy.

Not that either of those have anything to do with the Moonsea region, which is kind of in the middle of the continent of Faerun, whereas the moonshaes are in the Sea of Swords off the west cost of Faerun.
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Thu Jan 17, 2002 7:21 pm

If you mean Moonshaes, Cherzra, I have it. Email me.

It's 5 meg tho.
Taegost
Sojourner

Postby Taegost » Thu Jan 17, 2002 7:23 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Sarvis:
<B>Hmm... weren't there 2 trilogies set in the Moonshaes? I think the Moonshae Trilogy and the Druidhome Trilogy.

Not that either of those have anything to do with the Moonsea region, which is kind of in the middle of the continent of Faerun, whereas the moonshaes are in the Sea of Swords off the west cost of Faerun.</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, there were, I was thinking of Druidhome, thank you Image
They don't really have much to do with the areas of the Moonshaes, but they do offer some insight into the social and moral structures of the MOonshaes as well as some of their traditions.

------------------

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”