Cause and effect

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Corth
Sojourner

Cause and effect

Postby Corth » Wed Aug 20, 2003 2:14 am

<a href=http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sos2/message/5220>this</a>

leads to...

Erevan wrote:Closed. The thread isn't going anywhere and Shev has already responded to the thread's initial intent/question.

.... Someone really ought to make an independent and non-guild related bbs already...

Corth
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Wed Aug 20, 2003 5:34 am

YOU CAN DO EEET NOKIE!
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Tanji Smanji
Sojourner

Postby Tanji Smanji » Wed Aug 20, 2003 6:22 am

It's just no fun without drama, thread locking and favoritism. Now afk to get into the RP-quest.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Wed Aug 20, 2003 6:23 am

let's not forget the cheating

Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'

Re: Cause and effect

Postby Guest » Wed Aug 20, 2003 1:45 pm

Corth wrote:<a href=http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sos2/message/5220>this</a>

leads to...

Erevan wrote:Closed. The thread isn't going anywhere and Shev has already responded to the thread's initial intent/question.

.... Someone really ought to make an independent and non-guild related bbs already...

Corth

If you would prefer that I let threads get out of hand to the point where, o I don't know, people add your email address to shitloads of spam mailing lists, I can certainly do that. If not, and a thread gets somewhat out of hand, yes, I will close it. I will also point out that MORTALS on all occasions where I closed threads yesterday asked that I close the thread because of flaming, etc. If you look at how many threads I have closed, you can easily see that I don't do it that often.

And if you want to create an independent BBS, feel free to do so. It wouldn't bother me in the least. It would give me less to do while I am supposed to be working, and less flaming to try to keep under control. O, and then other people could deal with stuff like players putting other players emails on mailing lists....

Erevan
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Wed Aug 20, 2003 11:32 pm

I fail to see how locking any threads might have prevented Cherzra from putting my email address on mailing lists, or for that matter, posting Miax's personal information....

But on the other hand, I can certainly understand your point of view. Once Shev has spoken there isnt any real need for additional conversation... right?

Please dont allow me to keep you from getting your rl work done... a response isn't necessary.

Corth
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Thu Aug 21, 2003 1:57 am

stop the lawyer on lawyer crime

muma
Sojourner

putting my feelings into words (serious mode)

Postby muma » Thu Aug 21, 2003 11:09 pm

Since the springtime, I have noticed that a lot of conflict has risen between the players and the staff members. Maybe this has been going on longer. I don't know, and perhaps my perception is very warped - it probably is. I have many thoughts going through my head, so I don't know what to say or how to begin.

Basically, I look at Sojourn as an online community shared by some intelligent, fun, and interesting people. It is more than a game to me. If this is unhealthy I don't care. I'm proud to be a sojourner :) , and I enjoy being a part of Sojourn because it fits my persona.

I fear that Sojourn won't always be there. Yes, I know, fear is the mind killer. That is why I'm posting here. I really want everyone to work out there issues with each other.

Here is what I'm suggesting. Why can't we all have a meeting on the MUD where the players and the staff members can politely converse about all the needs of Sojourn? When this occurs I would hope that all actually listened to one another. Perhaps a date could be set for a certain amount of time, so that everyone who cares will have time to think about what they would like to say. I also hope that when this happens all sojourners will be open minded to each other, as long as nothing offensive is said. Most of you are older than myself, so I assume this (offensive remarks) shouldn't be hard to avoid. If you truly care, you will respect someone's opinion whether or not you agree. Alas, no one is perfect so we can all be forgiving of one another.

Well, along with my fears I have hope, and I hope that we will all find some way to get along.

Ps. Yes I know I'm always _not_ serious because I actually don't like to be that way at all. I just want to continue having fun here.
PPs. :P :P :P :P :P :P ::P :P :P :P :P hehe
Es gibt keinen Löffel!
Miax OOC: 'Your blood freezes as you hear the rattling death cry of Shevarash.'
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Thu Aug 21, 2003 11:26 pm

Muma, why would we need to schedule a time for this? We have a BBS, which is suppose to be a place where you post ideas.

muma
Sojourner

yeah, but

Postby muma » Fri Aug 22, 2003 1:24 am

Dalar,

BBS works, but think of it this way. You can get your point across better, or better understand someone elses point if it's more interactive.

BBS vs MUD is kind of like emails vs icq. if you're arguing with someone. they're more likely to assume all kinds of things if they can't confirm something with you via icq rather than thru an email.

this is why long distance relationships don't work for example. in comparison to being with the person in real life often.

I'm just saying, why not have everyone chat on the MUD about the problems? what can it hurt?

Does my point make sense? or am i crazy! ;)
Es gibt keinen Löffel!
Miax OOC: 'Your blood freezes as you hear the rattling death cry of Shevarash.'
rylan
Sojourner

Re: yeah, but

Postby rylan » Fri Aug 22, 2003 2:22 am

muma wrote:Does my point make sense? or am i crazy! ;)

Yes and Yes :P
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Fri Aug 22, 2003 5:33 am

Muma it's a wonderful thought .. but do you know who pollyanna is/was??

people ENJOY to disagree .. where you (muma) would giggle and laugh and say how silly .. they enjoy the thrill of debate with another intellignet (read coherent) human being

despite your best efforst and well-based intentions .. this wont make people any less mean or nasty ...

besides which, as dartan posted .. this is the venue for such discussion ... where we should be relatively free of retribution, etc .. and allow our opinions to flow ...

- Jen and her damn elipses ... ... ... ... ...
Rausrh
Sojourner

Postby Rausrh » Fri Aug 22, 2003 3:47 pm

Ambar wrote:...people ENJOY to disagree...

Do not!
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Fri Aug 22, 2003 6:25 pm

Rausrh wrote:
Ambar wrote:...people ENJOY to disagree...

Do not!

Your mom!
Mysrel tells you 'have my babies'
You tell Mysrel 'u want me to be ur baby daddy?'
Mysrel tells you 'daddy? No, I think you have the terminology wrong'
You tell Mysrel 'comeon now we both know i would be the top'
Mysrel tells you 'can be where ever you want to be, yer still getting ****** like a drunken cheerleader'
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Fri Aug 22, 2003 8:08 pm

3nj0ying?
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'
Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'
Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”