Upgrade spell quests!

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
moritheil
Sojourner

Upgrade spell quests!

Postby moritheil » Fri Feb 08, 2002 2:56 pm

With the exception of ress.

That is all.

*nodme*
Nikelon
Sojourner

Postby Nikelon » Fri Feb 08, 2002 3:12 pm

Hey! At least wait to upgrade gate/relo/inferno and all that invoker stuff until I get them! I don't care about anyone but ME! :P

-Nikelon Zol'Lek -Blazing Pain-
Grintor
Sojourner

Postby Grintor » Fri Feb 08, 2002 3:59 pm

downgrade moritheill.

not all players have an equal chance at these quests. it took a lot of begging before rokub finally took pity and helped me do my gate/relocate quests, as i had no idea where to even start. this whole anal thing about not sharing spell quest info with folks who need it is just stupid, and upgrading it will just make it worse for the part time players.
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Fri Feb 08, 2002 7:30 pm

Why?

They've all been tweaked and updated over the last couple of years, they should be fine. They're not all supposed to be uber-hard you know. Image

------------------
<B>Shevarash -- Code Forger of Sojourn3
</B>
Jorus
Sojourner

Postby Jorus » Fri Feb 08, 2002 7:56 pm

Dragonscales is reasonably hard. No details, but you do kill some relatively difficult mobs, particularly with some relatively recent upgrades.

I can't speak to any of the other spell-quests though. My impression of ress is that it _is_ hard, but now that the quest is known by a reasonable number of people it should be doable (with help of course).

Regards,
Jorus
Gort
Sojourner

Postby Gort » Fri Feb 08, 2002 11:46 pm

The Scry, Spiritwalk and Group Heal quests are more time consuming than anything, not on any par as ress, but they did take time and effort.

I enjoyed them, and given what I knew of the old Group Heal quest, I was good with it as is.

Thanks,

Toplack
Maladryn
Sojourner

Postby Maladryn » Sat Feb 09, 2002 4:06 am

I enjoyed the Inferno and Meteorswarm quests.. They were both challening, long, and annoying too. Meteorswarm isn't a good enough spell I don't thikn for the quest involved but inferno is definitely on par.
Bopple
Sojourner

Postby Bopple » Sat Feb 09, 2002 4:23 am

Hey, there are the quest spells that are not in yet. Even if upgrade were to be needed, those got the priorities i think.
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Mon Feb 11, 2002 5:52 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Shevarash:
<B>Why?

They've all been tweaked and updated over the last couple of years, they should be fine. They're not all supposed to be uber-hard you know. Image

</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not going to name names... I just found it odd that a group of 9 was called in to a mob that I did solo, and later found was for a quest. I wrote a rant on this and realized it was highly inflammatory, but basically I question the point of getting a group that could sneeze at the mob and kill it. If there could be some way to force soloing I think that would be nice, and a true test of skills for the quest.

I have more I could say, but it would seriously leak quest details, so I think that shall be all for now.
torkur
Sojourner

Postby torkur » Mon Feb 11, 2002 10:41 pm

Some quest mobs you can't solo. As an invoker, I couldn't solo the gate quest mobs really even at 41 unless I spent like 6 hours fleeing with holy water, just cause I get hit too hard and don't have stone/blur/etc like most mage types get.....and for meteor swarm, I wouldn't recommend some of the fights solo either if you know of where we have to travel to do the bloody thing.....there's a reason I haven't finished it at 42.5 yet. :P
Rivan
Sojourner

Postby Rivan » Tue Feb 12, 2002 3:41 pm

*Scratches head*

The shadow walk quest (aka relocate for illusionists) can be done by one person alone (it's meant that way) and it's still considered really really hard by those that have done it - even those who have played awhile.

Btw. Nightmare is THE coolest quest i've ever seen - spell or equipment.

Rivan
torkur
Sojourner

Postby torkur » Tue Feb 12, 2002 5:17 pm

I dunno if I wanna wandering Jot alone to try to start getting relocate and not really looking forward to air plane when I bother to finish swarm quest either, so in theory they might be soloable with luck, but this is my first time questing spells so I'm giving the noob perspective in them. Seem hard enough to me. :P
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Wed Feb 13, 2002 5:28 am

Hm, perhaps I should say I don't mean upgrade ALL spell quests... just that some of them should perhaps be looked at.

I do agree, I would not be able to solo those parts of certain quests involving Air plane and other such zones Image

Torkur, I'm almost certain you're doing something wrong. I can't say anything else here, but I know of vokers that have soloed that.
torkur
Sojourner

Postby torkur » Wed Feb 13, 2002 6:08 am

Heh, I talked to a couple vokers who've done swarm especially, even helped do some of the quest before 41 and trust me, I know it well enough now and am not wrong. It sucks. Most items are a matter of finding or trading stuff for, yes, but some are killing and I don't have the ac nor hp to do them, so getting help from a stoner or fhealer is nice and would suck to half to solo.

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”