A sorry for gura and jot group

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Zsasz
Sojourner

A sorry for gura and jot group

Postby Zsasz » Thu Feb 07, 2002 3:27 pm

Well let me start this off by apologizing to my group yesterday...you know who you are.

For the last little while RL has been keeping me pretty busy. I haven't had much time to log on and play, and the few times I did I basically felt like taking my warrior out and trying to get up to 50th. Seems like everytime I log him on people keep telling me to log him off and play my enchanter. Help them out with item, help them get exp....playing a drow warrior is stupid...blah blah on and on. After a while it just gets to you. See I play the warrior to relax me, I like slashing things. I LOVE dual wielding, I picture him in a rythmic dance sidestepping blows, I see Mad Martigan fighting. God I love that movie.

I'm also a fairly addictive personality, which was another big reason I have been trying to avoid playing, so I could get my work done. And well I started to crumble again, brought the warrior out a few days before and started having fun with him. Still same old forget drow warriors they suck, but all in all was having fun. Anyways I put off some studying I should have done and didn't finish off two of my assignments on time. Started feeling guilty again. Then yesterday I had to go pick up someone important to me after work, She was sick and needed to go home. I was two hours late getting to her. She was sitting downstairs in the lobby and looked absolutely retched. She slowly got up and stumbled to the car making me feel even worse.

Prior to that, and the reason for the sorry, I did something stupid, usually fight with wimpy toggled off so didn't think anything of it when it was annouced not to flee for fight, actually didn't think at all about it kept thinking I hope this fast cause I'm a dead man. Anyways I fled when wimpy kicked in, I turned it off right away. But the damage had been done. Nothing happened to group because of it...but it could have been bad. As it was we were in a hard fight and group was dropping like flies so I guess peeps moods weren't at highest. Makes it worse when it is announced not too a million times and someone goes and does it. It's noobish. And we all know how we feel about going into a zone with noobs.....scary, done slowly, train them.

Anyways I felt terrible so I said I was sorry right away. However Gura, I believe it was, started in on me. He/She was right of course. But at the time, with my being late and all, having already apologized and since I tend to just drop things. Having seen other people get yelled at. I broke, snapped, decided to delete all my charscters. Said no to my addiction, no more would I leave that poor, beautiful woman stranded, no longer not get assignments done. I left the group abruptly, rented out and option 6. closed off computer and rushed off to get Gf before she died from her flu.

You know she's a great gal. I got there and she said nothing....nothing except "you ok?". Asked if I was mudding and when I told her I was and that I was sorry. I deleted Gaz and I would be deleting rest this wouldn't happen again. She got upset with me. Said I loved that game, it was my escape. Said I'd regret it in 2 weeks tops. She said if I needed to have some time away to go for it but that I was just feeling like a schmoe for having not been there for her. Later in the evening She said that even if I never went anywhere in life...that if all I did was sit in front of a computer and mud all day and night she'd support me. HEH at this I laughed and said "ACCEPTED!!!!". Anyways the feeling of being horrible passed. I guess we all feel that way sometimes. Put off our real lives to do something in game....it's like a whole other real world sometimes for some of us. And we feel guilty for it. And if other people say the wrong thing at the wrong time it set's us off. Makes us do rash things, try and delete characters....gazhads still there don't know how he made it but saw his corpse and logged him on. Fate I guess, I'm boggled but glad. Heh and so now I've had a close call with deleting myself. I just felt terrible about putting to much stuff off and yesterday was final the blow.

As for now, I'm just gonna log on when I can and enjoy the game. It may interfere with RL from time to time, but not like yesterday anymore. Heh in car I kept thinking what the hell if my child was being born would I keep putting off going to the hospital? "zone will be done in 30 mins I prolly got 30 mins come on!!! come on!!!! hurry!!!"

Anyways sorry Gura if I snapped at you and sorry for rest about me leaving so fast.
and once again...sorry I didn't check to see if I had wimpy on or off it's usually off and I had other things on my mind. For now I'm gonna go kiss a char I thought died and go home tonight and make a real great gal feel like the girl she is.

------------------
The problem with the world is that everyone
is a few drinks behind.
> --Humphrey Bogart
Klurg
Sojourner

Postby Klurg » Thu Feb 07, 2002 3:42 pm

Heh no apology needed for that. If you have RL appointments by all means they should go first and people tend to take this game too seriously at times. Besides we all knew that most people up in that kosty fight have been around for pretty long. Not to mention people that have been around for a while tends to get all high about themselves and thinks it entitles them to scold people. Everyone makes mistakes maybe a little less with some experince with the game but drop those blown up egos we are all here to have fun if u take newbies to zones be sure to tell them exactly what to do and what not to do. AND expect fuckups it always happens and thats a part of fun imho... Oh well now im ranting again Image

PS: I didnt imply that u are a noob Gazhad Image

/Klurg Thunder Belly
Jegzed
Sojourner

Postby Jegzed » Thu Feb 07, 2002 3:48 pm

The only moron there was that stupid ogre that decided to take on Kost straight up with no ghealer and only one cleric.. Multiple times!

Oh.. that was me.. nevermind...
Klurg
Sojourner

Postby Klurg » Thu Feb 07, 2002 3:57 pm

its a well known fact that u arent the brightest of ogres jegzed but hey we dont put u down for that! :P

/Klurg Thunder Belly
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Thu Feb 07, 2002 6:57 pm

Hope u get RL straightened out mang... and hope your gf gets better.
Dakrish
Sojourner

Postby Dakrish » Thu Feb 07, 2002 7:07 pm

Zsasz, if I would have known you would have had to pick up your gf in the first place I would have pretty much bitched and bitched at you to leave before we even started kost.

rl > mud

gl with the gf dude

gyrx
Gura
Sojourner

Postby Gura » Thu Feb 07, 2002 7:21 pm

No need for an apology, sorry i flamed ya but after dieing 3 or 4 times it kinda got stressful getting 1 rounded everytime by that dang demon. People make mistakes and nobody's perfect. hope all is well with the g/f.

Gura-Skullsmashed
Valke
Sojourner

Postby Valke » Thu Feb 07, 2002 9:06 pm

Wow, I wish my GF said such a line to me!! That Rocks, Anyways, I (Grp) Had a great time!!, Anyways, I know the pain you feel, I myself am torn between 2 different worlds. I look at this mud as an escape from reality to yet..? Another society. I put things off too, hell, I bet we all do, but its entertainment, it free, and in most cases its fun! My Sony now gathers dust! And my typing skill have improved 200%, Well enough rambling for me, good luck to you and your journey's to come. Ill always be a friend!
Mplor
Sojourner

Postby Mplor » Thu Feb 07, 2002 11:03 pm

Geez man, you are one lucky sonofabitch. Image

I've had gf's tell me they supported my habit, but in the end it weren't true! When Toril closed, my gf at the time thought it was the best thing that ever happened to our relationship. Yes, OK, maybe it was, but what kind of priorities are those!
Gort
Sojourner

Postby Gort » Fri Feb 08, 2002 12:35 am

Lucky man,

Glad things are going better, that cooler heads prevailed (hers) and that she is so understanding.

I've pretty much got in hot water that ended up being the last straw over the same stuff w/ an ex of mine. My current gf is not that understanding, but also more than the ex.

Luck in keepin rl> mud and keepin that lady of yours happy and healthy.

Toplack
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Fri Feb 08, 2002 1:19 am

oof.. hope your gf is doing better.

Gura..passed your corpse in jot tonight. its still loaded with stuff.
Grintor
Sojourner

Postby Grintor » Fri Feb 08, 2002 2:58 am

i wouldnt sweat it bub. even those of us who have been here for way too long make mistakes. you were actually smart to take off, because girlfriend > mud always. AND even with the abuse you were taking you didnt do what i prob woulda done, which was stick it out while telling everyone to fuck off i aint perfect. but that's just me.

hell you new players do a much better job at this game than this old fart has ever done, kudos, and grats on a very very cool girlfriend (i gotta get outta CA, women here suck).
Zsasz
Sojourner

Postby Zsasz » Sat Feb 09, 2002 8:39 pm

Heh wow....

Speechless thanks all! your all kick ass.
Showed gf post and she wants to hug ya's all heh I told her your all pervs and to leave them be. Anyways thanks for understanding.

p.s.-If anyone inerrested I need help killing the other Ark'hennelds..too many of us. well mainly just need zazyg killed. nilan looking you way.

------------------
The problem with the world is that everyone
is a few drinks behind.
> --Humphrey Bogart
Zalkenai
Sojourner

Postby Zalkenai » Wed Feb 13, 2002 7:18 am

Trying to kill us eh Zsasz? I should have known! Conniving bastard Image

Zalkenai Ark'Henneld

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”