Bards...again

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Kobei
Sojourner

Bards...again

Postby Kobei » Sun Jan 13, 2002 10:55 pm

Just thought I would inquire one more time, I am starting to play again full time so gonna start bugging the daylights outta people Image
Is there ANY indication when Bards MIGHT get some sort of...change...I hesitate to just say change, with the chance that it might be for the worse heh, but you have to do something...at least take away the eq restrics that were added this time around, that at least was a redeeming aspect of playing the bard!!
Well...just a thought or two, Thanks Image

Kobei
sok
Sojourner

Postby sok » Mon Jan 14, 2002 2:55 am

Kobei, u must not be keeping up w/ the times cuz they are basically rogue- dual wielding back stabbers, that can sing while engage and with no eq restriction.

sok- the dreamer
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Mon Jan 14, 2002 3:34 am

bards are the uberclass.
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Mon Jan 14, 2002 1:07 pm

I thought the no eq restriction thing was removed, so bards got hosed with rogue eq?
Kobei
Sojourner

Postby Kobei » Thu Jan 17, 2002 1:49 pm

lol wow Sok, you nearly had me jumpig for joy ...thanks!...for nuttin Image Thats right Rylan, not only did we get stuck with Rogue EQ but we don't have any of the Rogue skills, so I can now escape...tho I never tank...and I JUST got song of cowardice at level 25!!! I'm stoked Image
BUT...I have faith in the coders...I know that the major classes...aka...popular ones such as Rangers and Chanters need help too and they are working hard on them, and when they have time they may just look into making bards fun again...
If I remember correctly, about ten yrs ago Bards were popular, not only as pc's but as group members also, because we offered something noone else did...a constant healing, though it was minute compared to clerics...etc, but it was constant, and sometimes that "dependable" 10-20-or 30 hp heal saved a players life, thats all I want, just to be needed again! Image

Kobei, the former Mynstryl...current whiner
sok
Sojourner

Postby sok » Thu Jan 17, 2002 11:01 pm

nod. song of heals rock. wasn't it like 50hp at really high lvl? song of fly was also cool. when people actually ran from one zone to another inside of going through ep.
Caedym
Sojourner

Postby Caedym » Fri Jan 18, 2002 12:50 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by sok:
nod. song of heals rock. wasn't it like 50hp at really high lvl? song of fly was also cool. when people actually ran from one zone to another inside of going through ep.</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

At 38th level with 100 Charisma I was healing around 80+. I can't remember what it was in my early 40's, that's about time mud went poof. I was 38th for a long time, so I guess that's why it sticks in my head.

I think you're right about something there Sok, I don't see how Bards will ever be the zone to zone movement provider now.

Actually, I am uncertain as to what role Bards will be in the future. If they even will be given one.

No personal qualms with myself into enabling them into a heavy RP related class with gazillions of pointless, beyond RP, related skills.

All the posts and threads I spawned 8 months or so ago, and right now I’d settle for two things:

1) Give them back their old Eq based on alignment only limitation
2) Reduce their exp to that of rogues or lower.

Ho Hum,

Caedym Shadowhock
taelin
Sojourner

Postby taelin » Thu Feb 14, 2002 7:09 pm

back in the day with the right lyre and maxed song of healing and lyre skills with 100 cha you could heal for 130 hp every 14 seconds.

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”