Comcast Users?

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Daz
Sojourner

Comcast Users?

Postby Daz » Wed Sep 24, 2003 8:00 pm

So, anyway - I read today that Comcast divulged subscriber information that led to a lawsuit filed against a 66 year old macintosh user who is a sculptor by trade. This woman was accused, among other things, of downloading music copyrighted by Busta Rhymes.

Now, 1 - Mac doesn't make a kazaa client
2 - she is OLD
3 - Busta Rhymes - if this 66 year old lady is cool enough to listen to it,
fuck it - give it to her.

Well, what I am doing, is having every Comcast user I know call in, ask if their private information is being divulged to the RIAA without consent, and then raising hell about it. My friends for Comcast (I hang out with about 35 guys who are first or second level tech support for Comcast High Speed Internet) are going to help me spread this around. If you know anyone using Comcast, have them call in - bitch out a representative of the company for disclosing private information, etc. I am wondering if we can get enough angry people to force comcast to stand up against the RIAA.

anyhow, its just a thought.
Shevarash OOC: 'Muma on Artificial Intelligence - Muma OOC: 'someday the quotes really will just become AI and then i'll talk to the AI and be like, hey you come from me, but it will get angry at me and revolt and try to kill me or something heheheh. like in the movies''

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 24, 2003 8:08 pm

Please, waste the customer service rep's time so that customers with real problems can't get through. Out of the 261 subpenas issues, I think only a couple companies have fought them, including a couple schools. Complaining to a CSR isn't going to do much for you. Congress is already putting through bills to close the loophole that the RIAA is using to issue the requests. In the meantime, they're legal and Comcast notifies a customer if they've been forced to give out the customers information.
Daz
Sojourner

Postby Daz » Wed Sep 24, 2003 8:19 pm

i know that, i was a rep for 2 years :P most of my friends are, too - but thats what we do there :P we look for ways to have fun! since at&t management made working there !fun, we have to find alternative entertainment
Shevarash OOC: 'Muma on Artificial Intelligence - Muma OOC: 'someday the quotes really will just become AI and then i'll talk to the AI and be like, hey you come from me, but it will get angry at me and revolt and try to kill me or something heheheh. like in the movies''
Daz
Sojourner

Postby Daz » Wed Sep 24, 2003 8:20 pm

BTW - Real problems = there was a hurricane yesterday, and now the lights on my modem are flashing. does this mean i can't watch the home shopping channel? when do we get lifetime back? my 16 year old son would NEVER order those movies.

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”