rumor about caz

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
kiryan
Sojourner

rumor about caz

Postby kiryan » Fri Mar 08, 2002 11:29 pm

theres a rumor that ive heard a more than twice about caz and trading eq.

its not true

i also dont have any dual ebony wielding friends, nor do i have any friends stupid enough to do such a thing. if you need an explanation about where i got what eq, feel free to ask me.
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Fri Mar 08, 2002 11:36 pm

Hey, if you can get me that purple silk eyepatch by thursday, I'll double my offer.

Yayaril
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Fri Mar 08, 2002 11:47 pm

yaya is a rat bastard
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Fri Mar 08, 2002 11:48 pm

with no dad
Grungar
Sojourner

Postby Grungar » Sat Mar 09, 2002 12:27 am

Yayaril.....

I am your father...

- Grungar "Just call me Daddy Darth" Forgefire
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Sat Mar 09, 2002 12:29 am

Caz told me that he would trade me psilks when i met him irl. He wanted there to be no proof is all. then he gave me a ymir cloak. thanks caz!
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Sat Mar 09, 2002 12:58 am

gormal really was from sweet home where the sheep are afraid to go out at night

[This message has been edited by kiryan (edited 03-08-2002).]
Nitania
Sojourner

Postby Nitania » Sat Mar 16, 2002 5:23 am

Just curious, even if you were trading eq, whats the big deal? Isnt that what is supposed to happen? The whole supply vs. demand thing? Or do I not understand. Not being sarcastic, seriously wondering Image

Nitania
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Sat Mar 16, 2002 5:50 am

theres a lot of factors that id rather not try and explain and the generalities are bent and broken by those that have nothing to fear or think they can get away with it. so ill sum it up.

trading, and especially eq to goodies that only evils have access to, is generally a grave sin.

but regardless of right or wrong, im more irritated at the lack of respect. First, that false information is being distributed about me, and second that folks would believe the drivel considering how long ive been 50 (ergo had lots of time to acquire eq). while portions of my eq are good, some of it could be upgraded very easily if i did trade gear. let alone simply ask me if i did/do trade gear.

congratulations to the jealous player who started this baseless rumor. hope you got what you wanted out of it.
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Sat Mar 16, 2002 5:54 am

I don't understand the whole stupid 'don't trade with goodies' bullcaca.

If I got something you want, or vice versa, why in HELL wouldn't you trade with me? regardless of race or whatever.

It's dumb, and frankly whoever started it needs a head check. Who cares who you trade with, as long as the item you are trading didn't come at the expense of another.
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Sat Mar 16, 2002 1:25 pm

all items come at the expense of others.
Ensis
Sojourner

Postby Ensis » Sat Mar 16, 2002 5:36 pm

Kiryan = Mudding Better Business Bureau?

Since when do you make the rules on trading??

You gonna blacklist an evil that trades a goodie for a glittering gold mask because their easier for us to get?

Ever seen PCU? You are a causehead.

------------------
Ensis Inferni
Bish Enterprises Inc.
All Rights Reserved
Copyright 1999 Fydollaho Productions.
Gort
Sojourner

Postby Gort » Wed Mar 27, 2002 2:57 pm

Psshhh, PCU...

Yurt toting, frisbie chucking, chiba monkeys!

Toplack *Draws* Frostbear
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Wed Mar 27, 2002 6:50 pm

**You gonna blacklist an evil that trades a goodie for a glittering gold mask because their easier for us to get**

they already have.
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Wed Mar 27, 2002 8:12 pm

What do you mean they already have? Evils get outcasted for trading for glittering gold masks???
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Wed Mar 27, 2002 8:26 pm

Thats pretty weak Image

Anyway, my price to evils for glittering golden masks is doubled, cuz I feel like being an ass Image
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Thu Mar 28, 2002 5:33 am

ensis, i didnt make or state any rules, i posted a generality that im fairly confident reflects the status quo. its not 100%, there are people that get away with it.

to the rest of you, you dont play alone, its a community. communities have rules whether stated or generalized. you dont follow the communities rules you get a bad rep and people dont wanna or wont hang with / help you. is it that hard to understand?

if i walk around my hometown in oregon in a dress on a daily basis, im going to catch a lot of flak and have a hard time finding a job. its not a law, but i bet it would get me ostracized. same deal, if you wanna break community rules go ahead, but pay the consequences.

there will be people that look past all that and group you, there are people that will never forgive you, there are people that are above the law, but there aren't any people that are going change simply so you can have it your way.
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Thu Mar 28, 2002 3:05 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by kiryan:
<B>to the rest of you, you dont play alone, its a community. communities have rules whether stated or generalized. you dont follow the communities rules you get a bad rep and people dont wanna or wont hang with / help you. is it that hard to understand?
</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's not the community's rules, it's the rules of a few individuals perpetuated and escalated by a mob mentality desperately seeking some reason to believe they're better than somebody else, so therefore allowing those rules to sway the community.

It's not that hard to understand, every 15-year-old's parents warn them away from situations like that.
Karikhan
Sojourner

Postby Karikhan » Thu Mar 28, 2002 4:00 pm

nope, thats pretty much community ..

someone in a group asked a price on an item, five or six people looked at them like they were nuts..

would i group with someone who bought and traded with goodies? depends... if they twink quests or rareload mobs to their own personal gain, i have heartburn with that, especially since eq is pretty much handed out and handed down as you upgrade... I personally don't trade, buy or sell .. if i dont need a piece of eq, i look around .. and see who does need it .. and i hand it down .. that's just how it is...

-Ambar -=- Ogre without a cause -=-
Ilshadrial
Sojourner

Postby Ilshadrial » Thu Mar 28, 2002 4:24 pm

It's all bullshit Image

Maybe we should go back through the database and flag only evil eq gettable to evil race only, and all the only goody eq gettable, good race only. Yeah!
Ensis
Sojourner

Postby Ensis » Thu Mar 28, 2002 6:25 pm

So who's the victim here then?

Someone had to start the trend, and everyone else followed it. Either for fear of getting blacklisted from groups, or because they just thought that person was cool.

You can't blame it on the community unless you all got together and said "all in favor of hating anyone who trades with the goodies.. I!"

I'm not singling Kiryan out, because I've heard tons of evils do this (I'd point something out about goodies, but I've personally never seen any goodies blacklist a former evil, or a goodie for trading with evils. , but trying to cop out by saying "i didn't make the rules I just followed them" doesn't make you any better than whoever incited the stupid race-economy-war.

Whateva..it's just another way to exercise power over someone else in a text game, that's pretty sad.

E
Koldaz
Sojourner

Postby Koldaz » Thu Mar 28, 2002 8:09 pm

The evils are people just like the goodies are. To a decent extent, evils actually do pass down their equipment. However, they do have greed just like the goodies, although I think they tend to blind themselves to it.

A few of the evil leaders show a great deal of favoritism in how they parcel out equipment. If you are part of their 'clique' you will always receive better hand outs. They justify it by saying that person contributes more to the group and what not (sometimes this is true) but on other occasions it is an excuse.

Some leaders also tend to horde equipment. I know one leader in particular had various decent items in multiple quantities. The reasoning? No one in the group when the zone was completed was deemed worthy to receive the items and so he kept it. And those items were not handed out at later dates to evils who contributed in zones even though they were in dire need of equipment.

What is the situation to date? Dunno, don't care. I have heard rumblings though that suggests this has not changed since Soj2.

These remarks are not a criticism of evils. I am only relaying observations of mine.

Koldar/Koldaz
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Thu Mar 28, 2002 10:47 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ilshadrial:
<B>It's all bullshit Image

Maybe we should go back through the database and flag only evil eq gettable to evil race only, and all the only goody eq gettable, good race only. Yeah!

</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Welcome to society, Ilsha. Arbitrary rules are the name of the game. Or did you think there was some divinely appointed mandate, say, for the speed limit to be 55mph? Society has always imposed arbitrary rules for the benefit of screwing over whomever couldn't comply.

In re: flagging eq, I believe some admins posted up a while back that if anything was discovered imbalancing if traded, it would be flagged goodrace or evilrace appropriately to forestall this.
Salen
Sojourner

Postby Salen » Fri Mar 29, 2002 12:56 am

Heh. Hey ebils. Anyone need that white dragon thingy? I might just have it if j00 gots sumfin good oh and don't mind being banished from ebildom forever.
Cirath
Sojourner

Postby Cirath » Fri Mar 29, 2002 1:57 am

you are joking right? cause i have a hard time believing this is serious. basically you are saying that i cant interact with any friends i may have on the evilrace side, and i cant make a mutually benificial trade with an evil just because i decided to play a human?? i honestly do not understand that. i hear a lot of talk about how good and noble the evil players are, how they are so much better people than the goodies (im still not sure how goodies got such a bad rap, there are an equal number of jerks on either side in my experience), yet at the same time i have seen them hoarde or destry eq that they couldnt use (usually because of align restrictions) just so goodies couldnt have it. does it really matter that much?

when i saw the title of this thread i actually thought someone was being slandered or something, i never expected something this silly.

*boggle*
-Cir
Urbuk
Sojourner

Postby Urbuk » Fri Mar 29, 2002 2:16 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">**You gonna blacklist an evil that trades a goodie for a glittering gold mask because their easier for us to get**
they already have.</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't just make any accusation. Just because you've been outcasted from evils doesn't give you the right to make any slander, teyaha.

Glittering gold mask is a necessary item to get the full heal pendant and jaznolg have been spending most of his wealth to buy these things to complete these quest for evils tiamat run.

Have you seen jaznolg being outcasted? No. The reason you've been outcasted is because you've been labeled a whiner who doesn't have what it takes to become evil.

Even ruagh who have been selling psilk all this while are still taken to zone because he's a good warrior.

Trading with goodie doesn't cause you to be banned, but trading and whining and pissing of the leaders will make you an outcast.

[This message has been edited by Urbuk (edited 03-28-2002).]
Glorishan
Sojourner

Postby Glorishan » Fri Mar 29, 2002 2:47 am

Kinda makes you wish there were still a hard-coded form of outcasting, doesn't it? Bunch of bull if you ask me. People might hear of one blacklisting story and by telling one person about it, they start a slippery-slope reaction and by the end, the evils are known as a group of elitest eq hoarders who completely disassociate themselves from anything not evil. While I basically never trade eq (to anyone, good or evil, I just hand my stuff out), I have, and will continue to, gone out of my way to help many people on the evil side with certain things that is difficult for them just due to the fact that they're evil. Evils have, in turn, helped me on several occasions as well. My gut bag? Yeah, given to me by evils. Whole group of 15 people were there. I don't think anybody complained.

Rambling wrapped up: If someone choses not to trade to someone, it's their choice. It does not necessarily reflect the entire race of evils or goodies. Just live and let live. If someone doesn't want to trade you something, find another way of obtaining it. They're not obligated.

Oh, and I was kidding about the hard-coded OC thing, so let's not get into that debate please :P

Glorishan
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Fri Mar 29, 2002 4:26 am

you do realize, Urguk Big Mouth, that this has always happened.

and that it will always happen, regardless of who or what is involved. my comment was a blanket one.

[This message has been edited by Teyaha (edited 03-28-2002).]
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Fri Mar 29, 2002 5:25 am

i like the evil side and its attempt at communism. if i felt that i couldnt conform, id go join the WD rat race.

there are things wrong with society on the evil side, theres things wrong with the soceity on the good side. no ones perfect, but to say that the way goodies do it is better or worse is just stupid. its different better for some individuals, worse for others.
Gort
Sojourner

Postby Gort » Fri Mar 29, 2002 3:10 pm

The Rumor is TRUE!!!

Caz is Zac spelled backwards!

Toplack *hic* Frostbear
Galok Icewolf
Sojourner

Postby Galok Icewolf » Fri Mar 29, 2002 4:14 pm

I love how this works. The telephone game, and how most goodies perceive evils.

I will not ban someone for trading a piece of eq to a goodie that they needed. I have yet to outcast anyone, (though there are people i prefer not to take zoning).

If you trade something that the entire group worked on to get, and I hand it to you, assuming you will use that item so next time i do that zone it will be easier, you damn well better belive i will get pissed if you sell/trade/pond it. If i see/hear about you continously twinking a quest (e.g. psilk) over and over again, damn well belive i'll be pissed. Yes they are aspects of the game, but to make the game more fun for the majority In my opinion, certain parts of this needs to be curbed.

As I see it 95% of the evil community tries to work together abiding by some level of a trust code. Most of the evils trust the leaders to pass out the eq pretty fairly. It is not a ruse when I say so-so deserves this because they have been doing the zone with me longer. It's that way for a reason, because they either didn't get something the first time or i know they will help me again.

I am fairly greedy all things considered. I have 5-6 topend weapons, and i don't "hand" them down, just like i would never expect anyone to hand down there highly sought after quested item. Hand downs are there for a reason, so that a large group of people feel they got something worthwhile from doing a zone for whatever amount of time.

This is the only post I'll make on this. Evils have evolved from a earlier form and a new interaction. They aren't what they were and they likely won't be again.

If you have questions.. ask me.. don't start making stories about how horrible evil leaders are, or how pathetic evils following a general consensus are.

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”