The Bad Title List

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Gormal
Sojourner

The Bad Title List

Postby Gormal » Mon Apr 01, 2002 11:19 pm

Post people with bad titles here!
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Mon Apr 01, 2002 11:27 pm

lets start with the two newest goodie guilds; shades of twilight and storm of fist.

Both have characters in them that are just silly or ridiculous characters in their names.

A couple of the worst are Drathlaen with his abbreviation of MSgt and Yurax with @=={whatever===-- i cant believe someone did the stupid sword crap.

the star trek rank pips though are dumb..you are supposed to be able to READ a title...its what people know you as...i cant pronounce your *** or whatever junk.
Sartorix
Sojourner

Postby Sartorix » Mon Apr 01, 2002 11:36 pm

[48 Psi] Xserreellex Incubus, Seething Darkness (Illithid)

[49 Inv] Poopil -=*Psycho Pyro*=- Darkstorm Rising (Gnome)

[34 Inv] Nikelon Zol'Lek -Blazing Pain- Eternal Covenant (Human)

This is just the beginning from me. I've seen much worse than this.

Disco <-=l33tUberKiller=-> Lemonade
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Tue Apr 02, 2002 1:02 am

please add gyrx and noliez to the list
Korin
Sojourner

Postby Korin » Tue Apr 02, 2002 2:04 am

Actually, the Msgt has been removed because it was silly as an abreviation. That was something given to me as a default. And it was shorted from what it is normally because i have a last name and it didn't fit.

actually i havn't decided on a personal title yet. Till then maybe you should keep yer judgements about my "style" held.

-Drath
Glorishan
Sojourner

Postby Glorishan » Tue Apr 02, 2002 2:18 am

Personally I agree that the titles for the guild Storm of Fists aren't very fitting in the Sojourn setting. I understand that the guild is an army or whatever. That in itself is fine. You are able to hold ranks within your guild. That too, is fine. However, I believe titles should be unique and thought provoking. I'm guessing the higher your rank in the guild, the more authority/say you have. You're able to display ranks in the guild without having them in your actual title.

Just my opinion.

Glorishan
Sartorix
Sojourner

Postby Sartorix » Tue Apr 02, 2002 3:00 am

[50 Dru] Lilithelle Nature Invoker - Shadows of Imphras (Grey Elf)

never taint the title invoker so!!

[35 War] Zola FuriousFlame - Rising Phoenix (Dwarf)

at least have something that pertains to your class..

Disco
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Tue Apr 02, 2002 5:17 am

[43 Shaman ] Dakn - Tempest of The Company (Barbarian)

far too many people have this pathetic use of a spell in their titles.

also...you can all stop sending me tells about it because i know the gods think im being annoying i whiny..i honestly dont care. I was nice about this for months and nothing happened. So now im sending tells and posts to specific people. If the gods dont care about it then they can let the mud get worse...at least im trying.
Korin
Sojourner

Postby Korin » Tue Apr 02, 2002 5:26 am

Well Glorishan,

..from what I understand they wanted to have the badges do that, but they weren't allowed didn't wanna make diferent badges for each rank.

Just because it's not yer cookie cutter guild doesn't make it not fit into the setting of soj. Why should we make up silly words to explain the ranks, when the ranks are already existant on soj?

Makes sense to me.. guess that's why I joined. I have a lot of fun role playing with them.
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Tue Apr 02, 2002 5:28 am

Jalahons title makes me want to vomit from bad ansi gag reflex.
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Tue Apr 02, 2002 5:37 am

how about tree hugger. thats a good joke, not a good title imo.

im not fond of sweet annihilation or freebooter either.
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Tue Apr 02, 2002 6:12 am

http://www.sojourn3.org/ubb/Forum1/HTML/000882.html

please note that i was nice about this before. This was not my only thread or plea to the gods. I've failed to see results doing it the pc way...2x4 time.
Lalsed
Sojourner

Postby Lalsed » Tue Apr 02, 2002 6:12 am

Titles are out of control, many of them suck.
Yes, they suck big time, they are horrible, and make the mud look bad.

How to identify if you have a bad title-
1. It sucks
2. Your title has nothing to do with you or your class
3. It's lame
4. It copies someone elses title
5. It makes the mud look bad
6. Your ansi makes people vomit
7. Your ansi gives people seizures
8. People have told you your title sucks

Sure there's alot of other stuff, whatever.
If your title sucks, just change it. I like titles, think they are cool, but when they are out of control they can suck.

My freaking 200,000,000 cents

------------------
Lalsed the Druid of Destruction...?
Sartorix
Sojourner

Postby Sartorix » Tue Apr 02, 2002 6:15 am

[50 Cle] Yssilk -Ssslithering Prophet- Crimson Coalition (Yuan-Ti)

[49 Ran] Trewe -=CrocHunter=- Northern Star (Half-Elf)

[38 Rog] Ronble - Night Hunter of The Company (Halfling) (RP)

Croc hunter? Night Hunter for a halfling? give me a break.

Disco -=Cheese Factory=- Lemonade
Jegzed
Sojourner

Postby Jegzed » Tue Apr 02, 2002 6:25 am

We all know what happened last time Gormal went on a crusade.
jalahon
Sojourner

Postby jalahon » Tue Apr 02, 2002 6:28 am

Where do i petition for gormal to be made a god? this mud has sooo much to gain from his wisdom!

i need to go cry myself to sleep now
Iaiken Toransier
Sojourner

Postby Iaiken Toransier » Tue Apr 02, 2002 6:34 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gormal:
[B][43 Shaman ] Dakn - Tempest of The Company (Barbarian)

far too many people have this pathetic use of a spell in their titles.B]</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well Gormal, your foolery has extended far past these threads. Was it good enough that the gods take action? No, not for you. You had to pick out indeviduals after the fact...

http://www.dictionary.com/search?q=tempest

There you will find that a tempest is more than just a spell on some silly game. Personally, I belive it quite fitting of Zalas personal style, but then you wouldn't know a thing about that...
Nekler BlazingWolf
Sojourner

Postby Nekler BlazingWolf » Tue Apr 02, 2002 6:39 am

Actually, Sartorix, Night Hunter would be fitting for a halfling rogue that rp's as an assassin. I don't know Ronble though, so I don't know for sure what he rp's as.

I would also like to add that Gormal is right about the titles getting out of hand. Sure, its going to piss some of you off, but it shouldn't be that hard to come up with something close to what you had before and is appropriate. Use a thesaurus or something. Image

[This message has been edited by Nekler BlazingWolf (edited 04-02-2002).]
Elisten
Sojourner

Postby Elisten » Tue Apr 02, 2002 7:13 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gormal:
also...you can all stop sending me tells about it because i know the gods think im being annoying i whiny..i honestly dont care. I was nice about this for months and nothing happened. So now im sending tells and posts to specific people. If the gods dont care about it then they can let the mud get worse...at least im trying.</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So, hmmm. Because you don't think the Gods are handling this situation well, you take it upon yourself to attack those with titles that you don't like? You call that trying? How is that going to solve anything? By making the person feel bad? Degradation is certainly the way to go, let me say!

Sure, you are allowed to have your opinion, but don't be so rude and callous. That is just outright disrespectful.

Leave well enough alone. If the Gods wish to fix this, they will. In their own way and time.
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Tue Apr 02, 2002 7:52 am

[50 War ] Sojourn3 Player -Primadonna- Lord of Internet Etiquette (Barbarian)
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Tue Apr 02, 2002 8:19 am

I find it rude and offensive that these people make titles like this...and that nothing is done. And if you would read the old posts i'd written and take me seriosuly you'd note that i was nice for a long time about this. Why be nice when it does nothing?
Taegost
Sojourner

Postby Taegost » Tue Apr 02, 2002 12:49 pm

I find it rude and offensive that these people make titles like this...and that nothing is done. And if you would read the old posts i'd written and take me seriosuly you'd note that i was nice for a long time about this. Why be nice when it does nothing?</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hrmm, on one hand, I do agree with you about some titles being out of hand.
On another, you're going too far with it.
I specifically remember reading a post yesterday about the gods doing something about it.
So something *is* being done.
I do believe that some titles should be changed, yes, but some of the "examples" I see here I don't see should have made it to this "list" at all.
What's wrong with military rank in a, hmm, what's the world I'm looking for? MILITARY guild?
Honestly, I don't think Trewes' title is appropriate, but then again, I am also ignorant as to the reason why.
If you're going to start a flame war, how about finding out why people have the titles they do?

Taegost STUPER-DRUID(tm) of the SeXyBiZnAtChZ Chaptre 69
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Tue Apr 02, 2002 1:44 pm

the gods aren't doing anything...hence why i continued to post...if you read you may get that. I dont have to know what someone's story is to despise their bad ansi, inappropriate character usage, or un-originality/unrealistic title.

Even though i was threatened with being silenced today from the gods i have gotten massive support in tells from people...far more then negative support here or in tells.

And I don't care if Storm of Fists is a Military Guild or not...you obviously dont understand what a title is. Your title is not your rank, your age your height your anything...in the military people develop nicknames...especially pilots for instance...thats what they go by...it is their title...their rank is something else altogether.

Dornax said it best i think tonight...you cant have a winning team with someone whos just gonna be nice to you all the time. You're gonna respect the people who make you great. Bring on the guild restrictions...with 13 guilds now some order needs to be set in, obviously this was not how the gods planned it....( 13 guilds is 390 people guilded)

[This message has been edited by Gormal (edited 04-02-2002).]
belleshel
Sojourner

Postby belleshel » Tue Apr 02, 2002 2:38 pm

[B]And if you would read the old posts i'd written and take me seriosuly you'd note that [B]</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've heard it all now, we are supposed to be taking gormal posts seriously now?! Since when?

Getting too old,
Belle

If you really want people to change titles, give them 2+ gormals outta 5..that will get them switching damn quick.
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Tue Apr 02, 2002 3:44 pm

Gormal,

Your thoughts on this subject are now well known. Many agree, many disagree.

Now that it has been brought to the forefront let the folks who do the administration of the game handle it.

You may still not agree with even their rulings, but we cant all get what we want 100% of the time.

Put it to bed. Thanks.
Ilshadrial
Sojourner

Postby Ilshadrial » Tue Apr 02, 2002 5:43 pm

Remember guys!

Bye bye Role Play and Welcome Power Mud.

I think several posts have already addressed this issue...

I wanted to take the title:

dEmOnSlAyEr just to prove a point...

But I was talked out of it, *wink* my guild.

Ilshad
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Tue Apr 02, 2002 7:34 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Cap'n Touk:
<B>Hell, even Surly Pirate Captain, and even though I think it should be grandfathered after 4years or whatever I'll gladly change it if the nonsense is stopped!

SAVE THE KITTENS!
Cap'n Touk</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Touk was my inspiration for suggesting -Funky Chicken- as my title. If he can RP a pirate, I can shapechange chicken! Nodme.

But, er, imho there's a difference between taking a goofy, pretentious name as a joke, and taking an over the top, pretentious name as part of some extended delusion.

I could be wrong.
Jurdex
Sojourner

Postby Jurdex » Tue Apr 02, 2002 9:36 pm

I don't think people have a problem with the surly captain. Why? Because he actually role-plays as a surly captain. He has for several wipes. That is role-play and I think that is the basis of what everyone here misses about the old Sojourn/Toril.

What I told Gormal was that you have to earn the respect of those under you. You will never be a winning head coach if you seek the favor of your team without regard to earning their respect. If you're a hardass and you make them better, they may adore you or they may hate you, but they will most certainly respect you.

I personally enjoyed the RP benefits of the mud in past incarnations. The quest sphere is great and I think they do a wonderful job, but I think we all realize that 99.9% of the time those people who RP on those quests only RP during the quests.

I think the bottom line is that a more RP oriented mud will only come about at the behest of the Gods, not the players. I would welcome any restriction or structure to guilds. There simply are just too many who soom to exist for the sake of existing. Its like you can buy your own chat line and title for 5k plat. Doesn't make sense to me...

Also, while Gormal's crusade might leave something to be desired in its execution, I believe his goal is an admirable one. Your character and his/her title represents the mud, your association and yourself. In a world where text is all we see, judgements are still often made of first impressions (name/title/class). Is whatever title you have truly how you want to be seen? Respect or the lack thereof will most certainly follow.

Thanks.

Dornax
Jurdex

[This message has been edited by Jurdex (edited 04-02-2002).]
Zrax
Sojourner

Postby Zrax » Tue Apr 02, 2002 10:05 pm

Haha nice low class thread, and I thought i was an ass. sheesh.
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Tue Apr 02, 2002 10:44 pm

But Zrax, that's why you're adorable.
Glorishan
Sojourner

Postby Glorishan » Tue Apr 02, 2002 10:56 pm

I think Dornax sums it up nicely.

Glorishan
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Tue Apr 02, 2002 11:42 pm

Sometimes people need a kick in the balls to get the to pay attention...i'll leave the nice posts to people like Dornax when that's whats needed. Obviously people are talking about this more now then when I was nice about it. I will sacrifice class for results any day.
Nikelon
Sojourner

Postby Nikelon » Wed Apr 03, 2002 12:26 am

Sartorix no lika me title? For why? Me have gotten many compliments and be wondering what you no lika...

Nikelon Zol'Lek -Blazing Pain-
thruar
Sojourner

Postby thruar » Wed Apr 03, 2002 12:38 am

[50 War] Gormal BraveShroom - United States Army (Dwarf)

I'm proud of you Image
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Wed Apr 03, 2002 1:17 am

While I find some of the titles mildly entertaining at first glance, I certainly do miss the strong RP & well, general 'realistic torillness' atmosphere that was around when names and titles / guild were more strongly guided by Mystra most notably.

However, if the people who actually make up the player base want to have gawdy titles, and they are always on so that they bug any of us who don't like them...well it can annoy me, but I don't think the facist approach is the way to change it, or we will just end up with 10 players who love titles playing. Lets all try and recruit a new mature mud addict this week! :P

For me Yayaril, that babbling bastion of honor *duck ROFL*, set a fine example when he thought someone's title was silly and gaudy so wouldn't group with them. (no offense to the person who I like)
Kuurg
Sojourner

Postby Kuurg » Wed Apr 03, 2002 1:48 am

I wanted to say something about how Gormal should shove it up his ass, but the dang thing is, I agree with him one hundred percent. Bleh. well my day is ruined.

------------------
·•Kuurg•·
Salen
Sojourner

Postby Salen » Wed Apr 03, 2002 1:50 am

My title came to me in a moment of 'What does Sal actually do on the Mud'. Now I have a big .... Vocabulary thats it, but I think some of the titles show very little effort. The title should not be something you just get, either with a guild or not.

I am very proud that a number of people have commented how cool mine is. I personally think I have the best on the mud.

It doesn't take that much time to come up with something good. If you can't, ask one of the people on around you. If you can't fin people to help Ask me.

I don't think titles should be taken lightly, and I think they should be taken away if you can't make them fit the world.

I personally would be embarassed by some of the titles I've seen.
lanik
Sojourner

Postby lanik » Wed Apr 03, 2002 5:49 am

"im not fond of sweet annihilation or freebooter either."

Kiryan:

Do you even know the definition of the word "Freebooter"?

free·boot·er (Noun)

A person who pillages and plunders, especially a pirate.

My character is evil align, and pillages on a regular basis, especially the nobility of Waterdeep. So i think this title is appropriate for the current stage of my character's career.

If you don't like it tough, it's how "I" see my character, and how "I" play my character.

I suspect the other criticized people here feel the same way, and they shouldn't change their title based on peer preassure from BBS Trolls.

Har!
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Wed Apr 03, 2002 6:42 am

touk what dont you like about dark queen btw. i decided that title for her and she is technically the guild leader. its not like i made her queen of waterdeep or something. is it just the word queen? would it be better if i posted her story as a self made leader of an evil horde tunneling beneath the ocean to invade em?

lanik, i said i wasnt fond of your title, and its better with your definition rather than what i always understood a freebooter to be. also, i didnt say you should change it. tree hugger i think should be changed. sweet annihilation and freebooter i am undecided on.

oh and lanik "I" guess "I" should just go play this game by "I"self. snicker

[This message has been edited by kiryan (edited 04-03-2002).]
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Wed Apr 03, 2002 2:20 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by thruar:
<B>[50 War] Gormal BraveShroom - United States Army (Dwarf)

I'm proud of you Image</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

omg die im in the navy you shroom-hating fool!
Rausrh
Sojourner

Postby Rausrh » Wed Apr 03, 2002 3:27 pm

"I suspect the other criticized people here feel the same way, and they shouldn't change their title based on peer preassure from BBS Trolls."

Hey! Even us dumb trolls can figure out if a title is crap.

------------------
Rausrh licks you.
Rynlaeis
Sojourner

Postby Rynlaeis » Wed Apr 03, 2002 8:31 pm

I'll start by saying that I do agree with the main idea of the thread -> some of the titles have become over-extravagant and really detract from the MUD. However, I believe that -most- of the titles mentioned here are actually fine, and I think they deserve to be defended by someone so here goes.

[48 Psi] Xserreellex Incubus, Seething Darkness - what's the problem with this? Seething Darkness is interesting and relatively original, and it seems to fit an evil psionicist, kind of like darkness with moving shadows and mists in it..

[50 Dru] Lilithelle Nature Invoker - Shadows of Imphras - How is there anything at all wrong with this? So a druid invokers nature. .. ? yep..

[35 War] Zola FuriousFlame - Rising Phoenix (Dwarf) - okay so a member of a phoenix clan has a title FuriousFlame... seems appropriate to me. So a dwarf has a title that pertains to rage and fire.. where is the problem with that?

[43 Shaman ] Dakn - Tempest of The Company (Barbarian) - tempest, that nice little interesting weather phenomenon.. it's probably his guild rank as well, so what's the big deal? Um so he's putting his guild rank (Guild TITLE) into his personal title? Good, that has the potential to be quite interesting.

[50 Cle] Yssilk -Ssslithering Prophet- Crimson Coalition (Yuan-Ti) - okay now I don't like the use of other chars such as "-" in titles, but take those away and so what? It's a little weird but it's appropriate I think.

[49 Ran] Trewe -=CrocHunter=- Northern Star (Half-Elf) - same peeve as earlier, take out the -= and =- and then what's the problem? So a ranger hunts crocodiles. Whoop-dee-doo.. that's SO WRONG I tell you.. not.

[38 Rog] Ronble - Night Hunter of The Company (Halfling) (RP) - I don't even see how anyone can find any problem whatsoever with Night Hunter for a rogue *laugh*

Dark Queen - would be fine if the player actually had minions and was some sort of leader. Otherwise not that great..

Temptress - Not something I would title myself, but I don't see how it's "wrong."

Drunken Juggernaut - Could conceivably be a title, if there was a famous warrior who was drunk frequently and was rather large, I can easily see how the people of his area might come to call him that in an RP fashion.

Puddle Jumper - eh whatever, if the player is a happy-go-lucky sort, what's the problem with this? Maybe it doesn't sound "menancing" or "powerful" but it could easily be an RP title.

Solitaire - I like this title, it's interesting and original. Critics do realize this word has meaning other than just a simple card game, correct?

I think those are most of the titles I saw that I thought were fine, if I missed any then sorry to those title-holders. I want to re-assert my agreeance that there are a number of innappropriate titles in existence, and that I do feel that characters other than letters should -not- be used in titles, and also that capitalization in weird places (ThE SuPeRSlAYer) should not be allowed. But some of these criticisms are just silly, just because you don't like a title doesn't mean it's not necessarily a decent role-play title or that it's "wrong" in some way. I never said I liked all the titles I defended either, but I don't think they're wrong.
Rausrh
Sojourner

Postby Rausrh » Wed Apr 03, 2002 10:10 pm

Rynlaeis,
When I was a child, my mother scolded me for saying "Damn it!". She never bought into the excuse that I was referring to a river somewhere. When I exclaimed "Jesus Christ!" she never beleived me when I said I was expressing my religous beliefs. Did yours?

------------------
Rausrh licks you.
Sartorix
Sojourner

Postby Sartorix » Wed Apr 03, 2002 10:24 pm

I'm not making any personal statement against anyone for having, in my opinion, a crappy title.

My opinion: guild titles should not be up to the player. Upon making the guild charter, certain titles should be agreed upon.

If you're a member of a club, there is the president, maybe a VP, treasurer, etc.
If you don't have an office, you're a member.
Militaries, businesses, are all the same.
I guess I'll start calling George W. -Flaming Republican- now.

Disco

p.s. Go find out what an incubus is and think about it. unless you've been living under a rock for the past few years, you've heard of the Croc Hunter on TV. That shit has no place on the mud.

[This message has been edited by Sartorix (edited 04-03-2002).]
Rynlaeis
Sojourner

Postby Rynlaeis » Wed Apr 03, 2002 10:55 pm

Rausrh -
I don't know if those people were intending for their titles to sound legit or not, I don't even know most of them, I was just pointing out that a lot of them could easily be legitimate. If you called out the name of Jesus Christ and he happened to be standing in front of you, I doubt your mother would scold you (unless out of habit). And as to that analogy, I really don't agree that those titles are that far off, some of them are a little shaky but they're not completely off-the-wall, it's more akin to saying "shoot" while on a police patrol than claiming to be face to face with Jesus Christ.

Sartorix -
I am well aware of what an incubus is. Considering that there are mob forms of succubi on the MUD, I don't see what the problem with having a player incubus is, if he even means it like that. Are you aware that it has several other meanings as well? As to Croc Hunter, as I mentioned, it's not wonderful and could use a few changes, but something like Crocodile Hunter, I see no problem with. Are we supposed to forego interesting titles just because some Australian fool happened to snag parts of them and use them to name his show while he filmed his wife having a baby? Yes, CrocHunter is a little weird, no I do not feel that Crocodile Hunter is a problem.

Cheers

[This message has been edited by Rynlaeis (edited 04-03-2002).]
Salen
Sojourner

Postby Salen » Wed Apr 03, 2002 10:57 pm

Here is an easy fix. Get rid of guild titles. Make each and every title be an RP title (since in theory that's the purpose of titles RP). I don't think titles were ever intended to be blase' (Ragorn, spellcheck please), but to show you accomplished something. I don't think any of the 'bad' titles listed are RP titles. Why? Erevan keeps them out.
If not get rid of titles, then follow the help file.

Titles and membership must be approved by the leader of the ASSOCIATION before a Staff member will grant it.

If the guild leaders want to be responsible for your 'eccentric' title including anything the gods deem worthwhile as punishment for it being wrong, stupid, or otherwise lame, so be it.

I would guess that a good number of these wouldn't be supported by a guild leader if they were to be held responsible for them.

Instead of the Admin having to police the titles, the guild leaders should be doing it.

Don't get me wrong. I like the intent of some titles, but not the wording.
Unfortunately, some titles are just tossed out there to have a title.

Oh an Ryn
1) Seething Darkness is the guild
Incubus is the title. Not only is it a well-known band, it is also a male succubus.
2) CrocHunter is a legit title? At that point, if anyone listened to another word of what you said I pity them.

[This message has been edited by Salen (edited 04-03-2002).]
Ormiss
Sojourner

Postby Ormiss » Wed Apr 03, 2002 11:05 pm

I think we all know what an Incubus is. Thing is, if you broaden your view of the word, how would you define it? A malevolent being that comes unbidden at night to haunt its victims, feeding upon them (in a physical or non-physical manner)? That is, in my opinion, a fair assemssment, although not a hundred percent accurate in "the book."

Personally I think that the description fits quite well for an Illithid. Then again, it is possible that the person with the title just wrote it for fun, so my bottom line is that if you want to complain, ask the player about what he or she means first, then speak. Otherwise, unless it's a title like -=DeAtHmAsTeR=- it is really none of your business.
Rynlaeis
Sojourner

Postby Rynlaeis » Wed Apr 03, 2002 11:11 pm

Salen -
Read the post I wrote before yours. I'm assuming you wrote your post while or before I wrote mine, so I won't hold you to the classic "why didnt you read my post before you wrote yours you (insert vague and cliche insults here)" that some might.

I suppose if people don't want to listen to another word I say because I decide to defend others on a post that has nothing to do with me, that's their prerogative. Then again, I've seen plenty of silly and downright assanine posts from people all over this BBS and I still take a moment to listen to what they have to say. So unless everyone on this forum decides that not agreeing with a few lines of a rather long post will convince them to "not listen to another word I have to say" I'm probably safe.

Cheers

[This message has been edited by Rynlaeis (edited 04-03-2002).]

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”