The Bad Title List

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Rynlaeis
Sojourner

Postby Rynlaeis » Wed Apr 03, 2002 11:28 pm

Oh, and I wasn't aware that Seething Darkness was a guild, I haven't really played Sojourn in a very long time. I typically log on, type who, and log off. Unfortunately the results have been getting progressively worse, as I mentioned twice clearly in my post, although I suppose some chose to ignore that part.

I don't even see why this thread has continued beyond the point where it was stated that the immortals had agreed to take care of the problem, but I'm not really interested in getting into that. Well I shouldn't say that; I know why it's continued, I just think it's not that wonderful of a reason.

[This message has been edited by Rynlaeis (edited 04-03-2002).]
Todrael
Sojourner

Postby Todrael » Wed Apr 03, 2002 11:35 pm

I really don't feel like getting into this thread. I just wanted to point something out about the 'obviously terrible' CrocHunter title. Check out this thread:

http://www.sojourn3.org/ubb/Forum1/HTML/001304.html

Explains it quite well, I think.

-Todrael
Xyr42
Sojourner

Postby Xyr42 » Thu Apr 04, 2002 12:15 am

I must say, this thread is mega weak, I'm almost embarassed to be posting in it just to denounce it.
-Xyr
thruar
Sojourner

Postby thruar » Thu Apr 04, 2002 1:14 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Todrael:
<B>I really don't feel like getting into this thread. I just wanted to point something out about the 'obviously terrible' CrocHunter title. Check out this thread:

http://www.sojourn3.org/ubb/Forum1/HTML/001304.html

Explains it quite well, I think.

-Todrael</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey did you not know Trewe is Australian? Maybe his role model was the famous australian zoo keeper always dealing with crocs and snakes which name escapes me atm!
Trewe
Sojourner

Postby Trewe » Thu Apr 04, 2002 2:44 am

Damnit I just had to respond seeing it is my title that is getting bounced around lately.

Ok the reason I chose my title is because I spent probably the first 20 levels attacking the croc on EM to get the croc claws so I could raise some plat to get some decent eq.

And yes I am Australian and yes I know who Steve Erwin is.. do I care? not really..

As it is now, I go out of my way to find crocs just so I live up to my title.. I have spent hours sneaking around Hyssk until I found more to kill..

So it's not like I am not doing what my title suggests..

So ummm move on.. find another victim for ya vendetta

Trewe -=CrocHunter=- Northern Star
Wuva
Sojourner

Postby Wuva » Fri Apr 05, 2002 4:03 am

I actually saw Trewe drag a croc all the way to wd just to prove his title. I was highly disappointed not getting new croc boots and matching bag though from it Image Im new to this, but some titles are far fetched, while others are original and do have meaning behind the character that bestows it..Why not ask.
Kybrell
Sojourner

Postby Kybrell » Fri Apr 05, 2002 4:42 am

Dear Gormal,
I know you have nothing to do in this game besides sit around and type who sort to list all the visible players titles and all but come on. You've had some crappy titles yourself in the past. Just because you're mad the dog finally ate that porkchop that mommy put around your neck.. don't fret. We'll get you another! I don't understand why these mean old kids won't play with little Gormie =( Sigh... maybe one day when he grows up?
Night night Pumpkin.
Kicks and Kisses,
Love, Your Mom
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Fri Apr 05, 2002 11:35 pm

on sojourn 2 kildran had one title.

Kildran T'sarith -Redeemer- Wanderlust Excelsium

on sojourn 3 i have carried ONLY last names.

Gormal Stoneforge
Kaln Starforge - Nothern Star
Kelthas Orean

and I have written tons of rp stories, took time to write the best char descriptions I could, and worked to make my guilds write stories and descs for their things too...

Kybrell...remove head from ass...then post please.

[This message has been edited by Gormal (edited 04-05-2002).]
Vahok
Sojourner

Postby Vahok » Sat Apr 06, 2002 4:08 am

Well, this is a hot topic to say the least.
Here is my two copper....who cares?
I agree, some names I think are stupid, but guess what, my opinion of them doesn't matter! If you don't like them from a role playing point-of-view, don't associate with them from a role-playing point-of-view. As long as they don't truly offend anyone (racist, etc...), let them be. If someone wants a name like Licks a Dog's Ass, let them, laugh at them, don't group with them. Actually, is Licks a Dog's Ass taken?

Vahok Tundrahawk
a.k.a. Vahok Licks a Dog's Ass.
Kybrell
Sojourner

Postby Kybrell » Sun Apr 07, 2002 1:59 am

Now Gormal.. if my head truly was "in my ass" as you put it.. I'd be fortunate enough to miss all your whining posts about peoples titles. Maybe your last time is stupid to me and I think you should change it. I agree that there are some really dumb titles floating around. I also know that there was some very decent ones that were requested changed. If it's the role playing factor that has you so disturbed then why don't you possibly acknowledge that maybe each title has some sort of role playing experience behind it? (i.e. Trewe) Who gives you the right to attack people for their titles? You send me a tell the other day saying that you think my title sucks as Kaln. I'm like... and? Who cares what you think? hehe. I mean come on! Surely you have something better to do then sit 3 west attacking people and their titles. I know that on this particular day I wasn't the only one you sent tells too because we were all standing around laughing about it after I pasted the tell you sent me in group. I understand you seem to have this fettish that when an issue settle down you like to stick that stick back in the pot and stir it around a little. If you're happy then YAY!! If you're not... YAY!!! Get my point?
And before I babble even more aimlessly I again want to say to all you title whining wankers... I'll bet that almost every title has a story that it was derived from.. You cry for simplicity and role playing.. Well just what would you call that?
Noliez -Gormal's Hero- (Drow-Elf)
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Sun Apr 07, 2002 4:07 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Xyr42:
<B>I must say, this thread is mega weak, I'm almost embarassed to be posting in it just to denounce it.
-Xyr</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have yet to see a suitable rebuff of this comment.
Glorishan
Sojourner

Postby Glorishan » Sun Apr 07, 2002 6:46 am

My title is "Extortionist." Yup, good story behind it, dates back a few years to my days of Fenroria. Spam Corth for details, I'm sure he'll love to fill you in!

Glorishan
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Mon Apr 08, 2002 3:36 am

I am trying to think of a great RP story for Ladak for a lvl 50 title..when i get it...

How about
...one day in a magical forest I met this dorf, he was an ass and I like to infuriate him.
Ladak 50 (Barb!) :P -- CrEEd SuX0rS -- :P

In alternating bright green and magenta i think...with the o in red...

*ruffles*
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Mon Apr 08, 2002 3:48 am

while i think we need some liberty in titles (no title nazi's please), i do not think any of us want to see this.

Achilles the Alpha Barbarian -idle- (High Mortal)
Samedi will not help you with Chaos -idle- (High Mortal)
Azriel worships Druaga (High Mortal)
Hoshi is i.d.l.e (High Mortal)
Nycon sighs (High Mortal)
Valkyrie the Yamaneko (High Mortal)
Wisekane is an old dude. Image -idle- (High Mortal)
Oni worships Druaga (High Mortal)
High Mortal Leah (High Mortal)
Paul the Barbarian (High Mortal)
Korlanthas the Legendary Puissant Conqueror (Mortal)
Meadran the obedient oblate (Mortal)
Lavantis the swoop flyboy (Mortal)
Dale the charmer (Newbie)

oh and the ansi on these is worse than the titles.

[This message has been edited by kiryan (edited 04-07-2002).]
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Mon Apr 08, 2002 8:27 am

rofl noliez.... whats funny is when i sent you and your cohorts those tells was that my group was giving me names of people with horrendous titles and telling me to let you know. I am just a tool of the people...dont kill the messenger.

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”