Duris Convention

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Gormal
Sojourner

Duris Convention

Postby Gormal » Sat Mar 31, 2001 7:40 am

Shrug someone told me to post this here too. Its not quite as funny if you dont know anything about these people but it still can be humorous...and someone *cough* has been banned from certain boards so he can only read it here:P

The following is a story told from Grev's POV of what most likely would happen when geeky mudders go to a convention! It is 100% fictional and since I use no real names I think I am clear from legal action! 3nj0y!

The tension in the goodie hotel room was palpable as we five heroes prepared to do battle with the evils we had sought so long.

I stood in front of the mirror and adjusted my name tag that read ‘A Dwarf’. I had let my beard grow out for two weeks in anticipation for this day. My 6’2” frame was less than conducive to my role playing. After pondering a moment I added “(medium)” onto my name tag.

Aethia was resting on the corner of the bed stroking the small round stone in her hand. She had put tape over the name of her pet rock so it read ‘earth elemental’. She didn’t really talk much. I figured that was because she was afraid of Silverast ogling her and constantly making passes at her.

Our silver-haired sorcerer had spray painted his hair to match his character’s color. It was now plastered to his head in a stiff silver mess. The ear extensions i think were leftovers from a star trek convention but they worked well enough i guess. He clutched a copy of Encyclopedia Britannica, Volume ‘A’ in his arms, wrapped in a brown paper bag from a local supermarket as his spell book. His lusting gaze was constantly shifting from Aethia to Vispa’s chest. (He really had a thing for her chest.)

Vispa looked up from her enormous bong she was using as Ambran and frowned at Silver.

“Where did Daq go?” She asked me. “Its almost night we should spell up soon.”

“He ran to the ice machine to restock for the fight. He’ll be right back” I replied.

Vispa nodded and resumed filling the four-foot-long metal bong with weed. As soon as Daq returned we got stoned up and Vispa quaffed what I assumed was a haste potion from how quickly she started talking and moving afterwards.

With that we set out down the dark hallway, (looking very heroic I might add). After bursting in on a banquet and a wedding reception we finally found the right room. Crouched in the far shadowed corner were five evils! (At least those twinks brought even numbers.) As we entered the room they all stood and circled to face us I was amazed at how like their respective races they looked.

Taranno must have weighed at least four-hundred pounds of sweating rolls and massive skin flaws. Fren’s trollish face was covered in large hairy warts and acne that accented the large hump beneath his tattered tunic.

I glanced to their githyanki who had his face painted half white and half green in keeping with how giths ‘look’ on Duris. The distant look in Squint’s eyes proved they had stoned themselves as well before this fight. I had hoped that they might forget to spell up, this being real life now and all.

Orthaz was there, lurking behind the others. A faint hum could be heard from the grey vibrator in one of his hands which I assumed was the fearsome Bloodfeast. In his opposite hand he clutched a red Swiss army knife, its chipped blade glinting in the low light.

Their drow huddled behind Taranno’s massive body, clutching a trident fashioned from a broom handle and tin foil.

‘Fah! They have multiple artifacts!’ I cursed inside my head.

The drows pale white skin disproved the rumor of their dark complexions. It was plainly obvious that this pathetic being had never seen the light of day.

“Target one point human!” Golrith shrieked to the other while prodding Tar with Tsunami.

Squint furrowed his brow in intense concentration and directed his beady eyes towards Vispa, trying to will detonate. Her Ambran must have absorbed his spell as she merely swung the mighty weapon at the frail githyanki.

Squint collapsed in a heap on the ground and Golrith began applying bandages to Squint’s wounded forehead.

The huge ogre glanced at Vispa and unleashed what must have been a new innate given to ogres before the fight unbeknownst to us! A loud rumbling roar exploded from him and the room filled with an incredibly noxious invisible gas.

I cursed myself for not having protted for this type of attack and gagged against my ‘I survived Neg’ t-shirt.

Orthaz maneuvered around and tried to stab me the in back, but Daq came to my rescue. He began hurling his iceballs which he had gathered earlier at Orthaz until one struck him in the eye. The orc reeled backwards screaming in a shrill voice and Daq grinned wide and slipped in a pool of ice water that had formed at his feet, and fell.

Silverast decided to attack Fren’s trollish weakness with some fireballs. He proceed to light and fling wooden matches at him. A lucky shot managed to set his sleeve ablaze, and the troll fell to the floor rolling about screaming.

Taranno quickly rescued his friend from the assault and sent Silverast crashing into the wall with a fearsome kick form his massive foot. The fight began to turn as I began to loose blood from a few stabs from Orthaz and Vispa began to get worn down by the two warriors despite her artifact keeping her stoned. Daq’s iceballs had little effect on Fren and Tar, and they just ignored his onslaught completely.

Then Silverast regained consciousness and staggered back to his feet. Then, in a terrible irony, he flashed back to his Sojourn days and produced a bottle of kerosene with cloth wick. He lit the makeshift spell component and hurled it towards the evils yelling ‘INFERNO!”

The flames quickly engulfed them, and terribly began to race towards us. I must have forgotten to turn off my wimpy as my frayed jeans caught fire and I began to flee around the hotel, swatting at the rising flames.

The doctors say I will heal up in a few weeks. In the meantime I have ordered them to keep me on a strict diet of holy water and iron rations. What do you say evils? Same time next year?

------------------------------------------
gormalstoneforge@hotmail.com
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Sat Mar 31, 2001 6:56 pm

This is quite possibly the funniest thing I've ever seen or heard.

- Ragorn
Elarin
Sojourner

Postby Elarin » Sat Mar 31, 2001 7:55 pm

LMAO
This is hillarious!
here we see the reason that the mud should NEVER go LARP (=

Elarin
kwirl
Sojourner

Postby kwirl » Sun Apr 01, 2001 2:27 am

rofl, i think i have been inspired :P

-kwirl/thamas/dazok
Jasix Prowlingwolf
Sojourner

Postby Jasix Prowlingwolf » Sun Apr 01, 2001 11:02 am

*chuckle*

Good one Gorm!!

Just when i was about to flame ya for posting duris crud on here... :P

Very funny!!
Karikhan
Sojourner

Postby Karikhan » Sun Apr 01, 2001 11:13 am

ROFL

who needs to play duris to appreciate that!!!!

and THAT my dear friends is why we mud!!

we are all FAR too freaky to *play* nice RL games

just curious how you single peeps explain mudding to prospective GF/BF ???

it's bad enough trying to explain to the odd neighbor

-Jen
Silverast Rubicyn
Sojourner

Postby Silverast Rubicyn » Sun Apr 01, 2001 11:32 am

Oh god, I have to say that is quite hysterical, being I read it here first Image
Jasix Prowlingwolf
Sojourner

Postby Jasix Prowlingwolf » Sun Apr 01, 2001 1:59 pm

*giggle*

That is true Jen, tho i think sojournites would be a lot more friendly at a convention then people from a pkill mud... well you know what i would be like, I'd be running about punching out 'the otherside' for passed sins :P

You're harder to explain to people then the entire mud is tho :P *tickles*
Ruhr
Sojourner

Postby Ruhr » Sun Apr 01, 2001 7:38 pm

awesome post--you'd be surprised how out of hand it does get at RPGA conventions; drunk half-orcs passing out at gaming tables, 400 pound pony-tailed sleevless barbairans wearing faerie wings, OMG don't get me started:

DRAGON CON!!!!!!!!!!!!
Karikhan
Sojourner

Postby Karikhan » Mon Apr 02, 2001 10:37 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jasix Prowlingwolf:
<B>*giggle*

That is true Jen, tho i think sojournites would be a lot more friendly at a convention then people from a pkill mud... well you know what i would be like, I'd be running about punching out 'the otherside' for passed sins :P

You're harder to explain to people then the entire mud is tho :P *tickles*

</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

bleh Jas who do you think populated the pkill muds while Soj was down?? Sojournites :P most of the evils on *mud X* were Sojournites.

-Jen
Ionari
Sojourner

Postby Ionari » Mon Apr 02, 2001 11:03 pm

I haven't laughed so hard in a long time. Thank you for posting that! I also missed my train because I couldn't tear myself away from reading it long enough to hit ^P and take it with me. ): 'Nuff said. Love to hear more stuff like that on a website sometime!! Cheers!

Ionari screams, 'Haei yah!'.
Silverast Rubicyn
Sojourner

Postby Silverast Rubicyn » Sun Jan 20, 2002 4:48 am

Bumping this story as I have found humor in it once more Image
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Mon Jan 21, 2002 4:33 am

Y'know, I actually went looking for a copy of this the other day. Thanks for bumping it, Silverast Image I didn't notice the date on the post and I was thinking as I read it, "This is the funniest thing I've ever read."

I'm glad I pre-emptively already posted that sentiment.

- Ragorn
sok
Sojourner

Postby sok » Mon Jan 21, 2002 8:10 pm

wow! 3-3-01. thanks silverast
Garad
Sojourner

Postby Garad » Tue Jan 22, 2002 2:40 pm

Havent I seen your story "Escape from Ghore" somewhere? U could post it here too, or that was creation of another author. I'm pretty sure it was posted under another name. One must know Duris Ghore to fully understand it though.......

------------------
Man invented language to satisfy his deep need to complain.
- Lily Tomlin
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Thu Apr 18, 2002 2:11 am

dear god i am funny

------------------
Gormal FaCtOr!

Gormal Stoneforge
Kildran T'sarith
Kelthas Orean
Mishre
Sojourner

Postby Mishre » Thu Apr 18, 2002 3:09 am

haha.. my first time reading this.. Pretty good! Image I too played there while sojourn was down.... Under a different name Image Shh its a secret

------------------
Mishri }-Sentinel-{ Shades of Twilight
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Fri Apr 19, 2002 10:09 pm

Yes, we know, you played as Verarb and I think I killed you for it.

- Ragorn

------------------
Mishre
Sojourner

Postby Mishre » Fri Apr 19, 2002 11:34 pm

uhmm.. hmmm Image not really.. was an alt i made when i first found duris.. eventually deleted it Image

------------------
Mishri }-Sentinel-{ Shades of Twilight

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”