a Wake Up Call

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Kalthanan
Sojourner

a Wake Up Call

Postby Kalthanan » Sat Apr 27, 2002 6:11 am

Friday April 26th, 2002 is a day that I won't forget too easily.

Right around 3pm when we were wrapping things up at work and getting ready to go home.. I heard this really loud rumbling noise that quickly turned into a huge roar as more than a tonne of wet concrete, scaffolding, steel beams, plywood and other material went crashing down the empty elevator shaft about 10ft away from me.

Basically, part of the roof collapsed while a bunch of people were up there working on it (I was fortunate enough to be on the 11th floor or so doing other stuff) and two of my co-workers died in the accident. The bodies weren't exactly in perfect shape after falling a total of 19 stories and I sort of regret running down to see if I could help out in any way.

All that aside, I had been meaning to tell Mark and Naz how cool I thought they both were and how much fun I had working with them.. now I won't ever get that chance. I *can* tell you guys how much fun I've had zoning and chatting with you though.. I haven't zoned in months and I'm not hardcore anymore, but I still try to log on everyday to turn you guys down for zones and exp groups Image

If there's something you've been meaning to tell someone, let them know it.. don't wait til it's too late! And if any of you laugh at me for being a sensitive xxxxxx, then c'mere so I can stick my xxxx up yer xxx! ho!

Wil

------------------
Kalthanan N'Drithrander, Knight of Darkness

[This message has been edited by Kalthanan (edited 04-27-2002).]
Fura
Sojourner

Postby Fura » Sat Apr 27, 2002 6:26 am

Thanks...

call us? I don't want this to be the last time we get to 'see' you.
Gyrx
Sojourner

Postby Gyrx » Sat Apr 27, 2002 7:16 am

Kal, I'm terribly sorry for your lose and your mindnumbing experience.

I'm very glad that I decided to play this wipe (truth be told I was pumped up as hell). I've had so much fun learning, meeting people like Blung, and doing just an enormous variety of things.

I am also truly blessed to have met people that I don't get to zone with, like yourself, and Daalgar, Weylarri, Lilithelle, Selah, Hyldryn, etc.

Thank you all for making this place (more then a game) an awesome experience.

------------------
peACe oUt
laterZ
gyrx
Lirathal
Sojourner

Postby Lirathal » Sat Apr 27, 2002 8:45 am

Wil/Kal,

Sorry to hear about what happened. I can't even begin to grasp what you are going through. Thanks for the kind words, hopefully you'll turn me down for another group soon *tweak*. We appreciate you! Image

Regards,
Lirathal
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Sat Apr 27, 2002 2:24 pm

oh man... I can only imagine what that would be like. Thanks for the kind words for Sojourners and I hope you don't take it too hard.

------------------
Imis tells you 'everyone has a spank now and then'
Jasix Prowlingwolf
Sojourner

Postby Jasix Prowlingwolf » Sat Apr 27, 2002 2:59 pm

What Kal said is so true, many of us never really tell thsoe we really appreciate how much they mean to us.

I do try to tell those that are closest to me regulalrly how much they mean to me and what a diference they make in my life.

Even those i dislike, distrust and disrupt, I would miss you all too, for had you not had some effect on me to warrant such silliness you wouldn't even be a memory. I hope you all stick around and live long lives, the only thing i really wish on any of you is the best of luck in all you do that is positive and profitable.

Oh! and a good argument once in a while.. :P

------------------
Jasix Prowlingwolf
Protector of Clan Prowlingwolf
Kybrell
Sojourner

Postby Kybrell » Sat Apr 27, 2002 9:35 pm

I can't imagine that either. Don't let anyone joke you for saying those things because you're 100% right. Life it too short for would of and could of beens. There is a song out called "The List" by Toby Keith that says it all.

I miss seeing ya too!
Hugz..
Kybrell/Noliez
Noliez is Gormal's Hero!
izarek
Sojourner

Postby izarek » Sat Apr 27, 2002 9:37 pm

I know whatcha mean Kalthanan. That's the exactlly a month (down to the hour) since my father passed away (cancer). I was with him, but there still wasn't enough time to say everything that was needed.

Never put stuff off (including financial and legal arrangements).

------------------
Izzy / Raev

Rangers are the key to ultimate success. Try one out today!

[This message has been edited by izarek (edited 04-27-2002).]
Gort
Sojourner

Postby Gort » Tue Apr 30, 2002 2:59 pm

Damn! I'm sorry to hear that, that would be a huge shock. Good luck gettin through it well, and stop in when ya can.

To all my friends online (pretty much everyone I talk to or give a run by hugging to) Thanks for bein there!

Toplack

------------------
Zoldren
Sojourner

Postby Zoldren » Wed May 01, 2002 11:32 pm

all i can say is love ya Kal your awesome sorry to hear about Image

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”