Punch Out

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Izizimmez
Sojourner

Punch Out

Postby Izizimmez » Wed May 08, 2002 1:43 am

http://espn.go.com/boxing/news/2002/0503/1377497.html
Mike Tyson interview. Nice guy.
I especially like the part about smashing the children's testicles. That's always nice.
torkur
Sojourner

Postby torkur » Wed May 08, 2002 3:23 am

Wow, I think I've actually lost some intelligence from reading that.....Tyson needs to think with the other head a little more often me thinks.....and get the *explanative* beat out of him a few *explanative* times to *explanative* learn some *explanative* respect for women. There's *explanative* more to *explanative* learn about them than *explanative* *explanative* sucking..... :P

[This message has been edited by torkur (edited 05-07-2002).]
Elseenas
Sojourner

Postby Elseenas » Wed May 08, 2002 3:27 am

Egads, I'm beginning to think that Tyson should just be taken out as a danger to society and leave it at that.

------------------
Elseenas of No House Worth Mentioning
Wuva
Sojourner

Postby Wuva » Wed May 08, 2002 3:47 am

I personally would love to see a match of Tyson with one knife wielding Ms.Bobbit...*ding ding..Let the games begin Image

------------------
Wuva *Wildchild* EagleBlade
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Wed May 08, 2002 3:49 am

Lorena never got any jailtime, you know... it was football season so the judge just gave her a five yard penalty for clipping.
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Wed May 08, 2002 6:31 am

rofl

------------------
Kifle "It Slipped I swear!" ButteryFingers
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Wed May 08, 2002 7:44 am

ive never understood tyson. this interview is interesting. perhaps he's just someone who is rejecting societies rules, but because he has something society wants (fights) they endure him even chase after and glorify him... is he the bad apple or did the barrel make him bad?

im assuming he has little education... had he been better educated and used different politically correct allusions would he be better understood? there are not many times you can talk about harming a child and not be villified, but wasn't he trying to communicate a level of pain? of course he was talking about inflicting it on another person which is rather universally condemned, however, that is what we pay him for heh.

and umm, i dont know what to say about him and women.

caz "what would my wife do with new shoes, she isnt allowed to leave the kitchen" kinslayer

[This message has been edited by kiryan (edited 05-08-2002).]
Gort
Sojourner

Postby Gort » Wed May 08, 2002 2:39 pm

I haven't read the interview, but do know a bit about "Iron Mike", as I used to work for one of the guys on one of the ratings commissions, and he wrote for Ring magazine. Mike Tyson was a street thug from New York, he was never big on education, but was picked up early in his boxing career by a good trainer, Kevin Rooney. Kevin began to actually teach Mike to box, and early in his career his ferocity was augmented by growing skill. Not long after winning the title, Don King came and made him an offer he couldn't refuse. Come fight for him, make boatloads of cash, and he could pick his own trainer. Well, Kevin knew that Don King is the worst thing that could ever have happened to boxing, and refused to train Mike if he went with Don.

The almighty dollar and Don's Luciferous arguments won Mikey over. He left Kevin, hired some of his boyhood friends to be his trainers, and joined Don. His skills have withered ever since, his fights became sloppier and sloppier, and he eventually was KO'd by Buster (who) Douglass. The downward spiral continued, with no moral or ethical influence (Kevin Rooney), and no taskmaster or disciplinarian (again Rooney), his entire life spiralled out of control. Think sociopath with nothing to govern him but the law. He continues on this track, and will finally fully self destruct.

Tyson started off a bad egg, Rooney began to temper and tame him somewhat, King ruined all that. What are we left with? A beast with the self control of a 3 year old, and ethics and morals straight out of "Lord of the Flies".

Don King has ruined more fighters, and is working hard to make boxing the gloved version of the WWF. A sport that has always had controversy and spurious judging is brought that much further down.

If Tyson is allowed to fight in the future, I have a promotional idea for him, bring him out in a straight jacket, with a Hannibal Lecter mask on his face, then state in his introduction, he's a maniac, we don't know what he'll do when we release him. Its true, so why not play on it.

I personally hope Lennox Lewis knocks him out in 39 seconds, hitting him hard enough to knock some sense into him, but it won't be that quick. Will Lennox win? My odds are 5-2 yes, with Mikey having the punchers chance. Will the fight go the distance? My odds are 10-1 no.

Should Mikey be in a Maximum security, federal, Pound me in the *ss prison? Yes, and he should be made someone's b*tch as quickly as possible. But that's not justice, just the Sadistic interpretation of Hammurabi's code I wouldn't feel bad if was imposed on him.

Toplack *would love to get in the ring with Don King* Frostbear

------------------

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”