Meet Caz, the leading loot whore of Soj3

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
kiryan
Sojourner

Meet Caz, the leading loot whore of Soj3

Postby kiryan » Wed Apr 10, 2002 6:03 am

I hear that ive been promoted to #1 on the biggest loot whores of all time list. I sincerely hope that its not true because i dont view myself that way and I dont want to be that kind of person. Here are some comments about things that were said to me some of which is herse. if i get anything wrong feel free to point that out. if any of the following is bullshit and you have examples of me being a hipocrite post them. also, no jokes please.

1. i reportedly almost made someone disband his guild.
umm, if a player cant take the ups and downs of leadership maybe he should stop leading. being a leader is more than zone knowledge and passing out eq. i think the person who i reportedly almost made disband his guild is a good and fair leader, but if he was so upset that he thought about disbanding then hes in too deep or not mentally tuned to be a leader. its harsh but i think its true. dont blame me for the weaknesses of others. fyi, i have lead zones, i have done splits, and i was devestated after i led the jot trip 5 years ago where Aryk lost all his eq because it crashed and invasion loaded. i was also further shamed that day privately by toddrick because i wanted to lead the trip so i could have the right to claim rather than focusing on what was important and that was completing the zone/getting aryk's eq. i probably dont have what it takes to be half the leader that many folks are. but anyways, i didnt make anyone do shit, and i find the idea perposterous. I hope the person who im referring to is wise enough to see the truth of the matter; i bear him no ill will nor would i ever try to make him feel bad. i did say some stuff that mightve made him feel bad, but truthfully there was no more appropriate person to tell. guess i couldve been a stonger person and kept it to myself, but im hoping for change.

2. splits in general
I fully support handouts. I feel that if you put in the time, have a good attitude, and play often, you will get eq. I also feel that zoning > eq. ive never not done a zone because i wasnt going to get eq. I dont complain about dieing, i dont use the number of deaths i had zoning as a basis to 'deserve' eq. ive never quit a zone because a leader didnt do a fight the way i thought it should be done or wanted to try something that i knew was a guaranteed spank. Im not in the habit of telling leaders what i want after zone unless they ask me. i dont ask leaders if eq i want is going to be handed out or bidded, i either have time to zone or i dont. i expect leaders to either know what i want or to ask me if they dont when doing handouts. i think splits have been getting progressively more lopsided on the evil side since december but i could be wrong. i think it has a lot to do with the number of alts.

3. rares
I do evaluate helping folks with rares. I almost didnt help Cherzra and i didnt help gromi one time because i thought they just used people (this was about 7 months ago and i was dead wrong). I did refuse to help a level 40 anon warrior that i had never seen before with chlora. I would do so again, especially for anonymous people. I would not help someone do a rare so they can add to their hoard. i would help someone do a rare that they were going to give away, even if it wasnt to anyone in the group. i would never steal a rare from someone, i havent to date raced a group to a rare in order to claim/kill it over anyone who was there first. i would never refuse someone quest information unless they dice the item with me. Also, im not going to give you a rare i find because you really really want it. if you needed it for more than so you could have 1 more damroll or 15 more hps i might (like if you didnt have !summon eq i might let you have a zog that i found).

4. guild
The guild I formed is based on friendship, particulary 5 rl friends. I flat out tell every new member its not about eq its not about being l33t and powerful and if thats what your after your in the wrong place. I tell them if they dont want to be friends they should leave. I tell them if they accept membership and leave they can expect to be on far from friendly terms with me. you dont quit friends. This does not mean i ignore eq and dont try to acquire eq for guild members. Im going to hand out rares and twinked/spare eq to my guild friends before others. Doesnt mean i dont push guild members to not play alts and to get to 50. Doesnt mean i dont like any of the other guilds. I dont want any rivalries, i want everyone to get along. Im firmly against anyone dissing other people especially over splits and ive asked guild members to not bitch publicly even if i think they got the raw end of a deal or someone talking shit to them. I tell them to be patient or talk directly to the person involved. Some say thats cold and unsupportive, but i say its gossip and rarely brings any good.

5. trade
I dont trade, but I will buy. I have done a couple trades all 6-7 months ago. I traded a sword of dancing shadows when i was like level 35 for a skull earring. I traded a suit of duegar mithril plate for a remo cloak for a friend. Lately, I am astounded by the number of tells and the volume of eq that people are willing to trade for the surtur i acquired recently. particulary the hoard that was exposed to me that some evils have and were willing to trade away. it makes me sick on multiple levels. first, it speaks poorly for evil hand me down system. second, why would i trade away eq that is by reputation the best for a slot for eq for eq that is relatively easy to get that really i should probably already be receiving in zone?

6. hoarding
i have no hoard. While ive twinked bunches of small eq, tg/onyx/psilk/bag of holding/heal potions in particular, i have no hoard (hoards are of course relative). atm, i have maybe 3 extra psilks, and 2 extra tgs. everything else has been given away not traded or sold. im collecting quest pieces for 4 or 5 sets of spider gauntlets/legings to pass out to guild members. its not like any of that stuff is hard to do nor do i do it every boot. I have acquired a lot of spare hitter gear that i gave to rl friends that would give it back to me at a moments notice. i suppose you could call that hoarding. i dont personally.

now, i am frustrated with eq atm. ive talked to a few people apparently theyve talked to others. heres my basic question. why is it never my turn? Ive been 50 for quite some time, not as long as others, longer than many evils, many evil warriors in particular. Ive got substantial play time about 55 days since august plus i have a 40 shaman and cleric that i level because i hate not having the classess we need to do zones. true i didnt start back in april when it was tough, but when i did start evils were completely absent. who evil was like 10 players in prime time usa. its true, i do have bad play times so i dont get to zone and havent zoned as much as many people, but i was there for gromi and jaznolg day in and out when they were just getting their starts in leading. i got people to play, i encouraged people who were already playing, helped them level, gave them eq and helped, i think, return the evils to prominence. I dont think that entitles me to anything, but i think ive given a lot and supported the evils. My beef is that im noticing that I very rarely get high end gear in zone (except when everyone else already has it); i get pass me downs. I gotten enough pass me downs and mediocre eq to eq 2 friends with good hitter gear plus carry a decent set in addition to my tank eq. my specific gripe, no diamodines. again, its not about me thinking i deserved eq before someone else, because i think everyone who got one is worthy. its a simple question, why is it never my turn?

I got bitched at recently (like 1 day after tiamat) for trying to do a rareload quest for 15hp 2 hit ac 12 boots. A group of mostly my guild members killed it (while several other evils sat around and watched us die off, though i didnt ask them to help). After it was dead, all i heard from people was why do you want 2 sets of 15 hp boots (i quested expensive 15 hp 2 dam ac 2 boots previously). a shaman was pleading with me to let him quest the rare to give to an unspecified person (not him) and a warrior was also very interested in doing it. Both great players and very likeable basically refused to give me any info on how to complete the quest unless I diced with them. I asked one of the players who had a necessary quest piece to give it to me and id replace it, he said no way and to enjoy my shield instead. i promised to get him another one asap, he said its impossible and he wasnt going to waste it on me (funny i now have the quest piece that i was never going to get the day after this all went down). I doubt very much i wouldve kept 2 sets of 15 hp boots, but i mightve. Also, the boots i have were quested and the boots in contention were a rare. i dont really think anyone had ground to stand on. As to why i might want the hitroll boots, 10 ac and i run low on hitroll in tank eq (plus i dont get a hardon for having 2 extra damroll). i probably wouldve given one pair to someone in my guild rather than someone not in my guild. I found out enough info from guildmates and friends to do attempt the quest myself, but ran out of time to go get the quest item that was necessary not to mention being rather upset that 2 people i like wouldnt help me because they wanted the eq. So what did i do? I asked the warrior if he was going to be able to go get the quest piece himself and gave him the quest piece. Had he said no, i woudlve given it to the shaman. I later talked to both of them about how i felt regarding this incident because i thought the way they acted was shitty.

regarding tiamat. i went on both trips figuring everything would go to the prominent evil guilds. i went because tia trips are rare and a lot of fun, and it didnt hurt to have a chance at good loot. i listened to several players bitch/brag throughout the trips about how many times they died and kept my mouth shut cept maybe to brag about probably being in excess of 500% exp. I by no means died the most, but i did die a lot and id like to point out that in both trips and almost every fight the intent was not to die and to flee out for heals. My wife and I lost connection on Thursday during bids, missed out completely (only hole and dragonkind were bid anyhow we wouldnt have bid on those). It happens to us a lot, no ones fault cept mine for not getting a better connection. On Saturday we were a little late getting on (leader told me 13 hours the night before and someone miscalculated because we were an hour late) and missed massive spanks in avernus but we were there for killing the sentry and other assorted dragons pre-mountain. After tia was finished I sent the leader a couple tells explaining about missing split on thursday and asking him to lump us together in terms of split for the scepter. I asked for the item that makes the most sense for a tank who has always been a tank and never zoned or tried to tank 2h (unlike most gyth wielding warriors). While I think gura and gyrx both deserved scepters and i would never begrudge them, i simply ask again why is it never me? Yes i got surtur which is probably the best crown in the game, but relatively it is again the hand me down. Lots of people went that didnt get shit, lots of people got stuff that isnt 1/10th as nice as surtur. Also, for the record, i didnt bid on any tia eq or ask to be diced because im not a loot whore. i want a scepter, not a piece of tia eq (also, im not stupid id have no shot getting tia scepter at a later date if i already had a piece of tia eq). I have an idea that leaders of both trips advised each other on what eq they would like to go where. I have an idea that the "pot" was sweetened to hedge the split. I dont play those kind of games but i surely wouldve sweetened the pot with all the gear i wore if it wouldve bought me votes.

As for a log of exactly what I said, i dont have it, perhaps the other person involved does (feel free to post it, im beyond embarrasment at this point). I roughly told him that my wife and i had been LD during all the bids on thursday. I told him that if he would like to please group my wife and i together in a bid on scepter. I told him that it would make a lot of sense for Caz since ive always been a tank and always 1h+shield. I also said it would be well used on my 2 alts (40 cleric 40 shaman). I told this to him during the dragging of corpses since my connection had started acting up during dracolich. 30 minutes or whatever later, after he had awarded scepter to someone else, i asked him why i dont get any respect in splits. then i went on to describe how i was feeling and my basic question, why is it never me. he asked if i thought i deserved it more than gyrx, i told him no, nor did i deserve it more than gura, but my question still holds. I didnt get pissed off, i didnt yell at him, i didnt log off, i didnt call him a sucky leader or any shit like that. I didnt even get pissed off, after he mentioned that he had forgotten that we had both gone to tia on thursday even though it was obvious in my earlier tells and we spent what 10-12 hours together doing tia 2 days earlier. He asked me if i wanted Surtur, who wouldnt. I also got skullsmasher; it was still left after almost everyone had rented and gotten what they wanted out of the hole and my wife asked for it. im not unhappy with split, i never said i was. i wouldve liked to get a different piece from split, but i didnt and i am patient. but my question still holds, why is it never me? im not even going to try and fool myself into thinking ill get it next time its lead (unless sok does it), because ive been thinking that about diamondines since december. next time itll by my guesses go to one of the prominent CC warriors like turg unless ive influenced things today.

And one last thing, i didnt even worry about this since i wasnt trying to say i deserved it more than any other player but since i had to go through my logs due to all this shit going down i checked, according to my logs, I was there for all of tiamat on thursday while gyrx joined after reboot and we were transed to mountain. on Saturday I joined the tia group in ribcage before they had killed most (if any) of the dragons in Avernus (but after what i hear was like 7 spanks) while I believe Gyrx was there for the whole trip. Technically, eventwise, I was there longer than any other warrior that went both trips with the exception of gromikazer and gura. Time wise Gyrx was probably there longer, i dont know. deathwise i think is irrelevant considering we were generally not supposed to stand around and get killed.

Thursdays split:
'Okies, givin scepter to Gura (CC)...Zazyg(OD) Staff, Amulet nilan(CC), Boots for Baldorak(CC), Hole is krolb(CC), Isha Todrael(CC), Crown for Lucuduzur(OD), Dicing Dragonkind.'
after its pointed out that Isha is warrior only
'ok, giving isha to krolb(CC), and dicing hole/helm'
dragonkind to targsk (OD) for who won hole.
Saturday
cleric crown to yssilk (CC), rogue amulet to nulatudas (CC), scepter to gyrx (CC), isha to gromi (OD), mage staff to todrael (CC). gromi apologized for handing out 5 instead of 4 like he posted he was going to.
dragonkind was diced between rokub and rachaz, rokub (CC) won.
hole was diced between dajenken, ssissiv, verzul, ssryth, nubug and dajenken (SD) won.

Also, I wasnt real happy to give up my warlord crown (i wasnt horribly broken up about it though either even though its good svb eq). i didnt see any gythka's in the pot (i suppose the new scepter wielding warriors will want to go 2h occasionally) nor did i see any dragonscale cloaks or demon wing cloaks or crowns of conquest. Yes surtur was in the pot because someone gave it up after receiving tia crown. Yes most of the above is quest gear, but i did see a set of falcon boots get tossed in. Also, a few people were less than happy (by appearances though they mightve been joking) to hand down eq so its not like i was special. while this paragraph has almost no weight on its own, i think it does indicate something deeper when you consider everything. i believe i was asked to give up warlord primarily on the off chance that i would return surtur instead.

So i keep my mouth shut, and i get ignored. I say shit fairly privately and i become the poster child for loot whores on ooc. So what should i do, lead zones and pass out sweet eq to my friends? Ask sok to stop dicing eq with people and give it all to our friends and our guild members? Is that what playing sojuorn and playing evil has been reduced to? Protectionism? I have patience, i can wait for the some day that I earn or am given a tia scepter, but i thought it was time to let some of the people who influence and do splits know how i was feeling. its not like i brought this to the bbs and complained about not getting eq in splits. I told a few people that I thought i had been repeatedly getting a raw deal. btw, sok was not happy with the tia split on thursday and announced his own trip thursday night for this coming weekend. i hope people will attend, he has said that he will handout 3 items im probably going to ask him to do 4. Im not going to comment on the rumor that tiamat is off limits to be redesigned avernus style and probably upgraded. Also I found the timing of the tiamat trips interesting. Just like I found it interesting that people had been "waiting" for smoke invasion to load the first time.

well now im sure a lot of people will be unfriendly and unhappy with me, but i was extremely sad to learn that miax had apparently lost any respect for me that he had ever had. im prolly fucked now, in terms of respect, getting zone invites, and eq handouts, but id rather have my foolish pride and miax's respect. plus if nothing else i have sok and a few good friends. so, let everything come into the open. its possible im deluding myself but you all judge. I dare anyone to say i am a selfish immature loot whore.
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Wed Apr 10, 2002 6:27 am

Caz,

It seems to me like regardless of whether you were wronged or not, you need to take a step back and get some perspective. I get the impression that sojourn is no longer a game for you. I don't want to sound rude or anything, but I would suggest that you take a break and think about why you play here in the first place. Take care.

Corth

------------------
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Wed Apr 10, 2002 6:48 am

made a couple mistakes, targsk got dragonkind on thursday, forgot who got hole. lurgo (cc) got boots on saturday

thanks for the advice Corth. I do realize that this has become more than a game to me, but I am not broken up over eq, and im not threatening to quit. this place is still fun for me, and i still play because i like to zone and i have friends here. what spurred this entire debacle is that i was publicly shamed on ooc by miax for basically being a loot whore being the leading loot whore even and ruining a good tiamat trip with greed. I was extremely hurt, you prolly cant tell by the tone of my post how deeply. I talked to miax shortly and he told me he had been told by numerous people that I was what he said i was. I didnt bother to ask him for names, i dont like herse, and if im dealing with numerous people it would be impossible to deal with them invididually.

Regardless of whether its true that i am a loot whore, i will still play here because im relatively mature and it is a game to me and im not a quitter, though i will re-evaulate how i act if indeed its true.

Personally, i think some folks have the wrong opinion of me and i would like it to be corrected. just like they were wrong when i was accused of trading psilks.

Postby Guest » Wed Apr 10, 2002 6:53 am

Actually Caz, I Apologized to you last night several times for having mentioned you over OOC. I myself was very upset with the split, because it was the one run I had gone on, and because the bitching about equipment almost resulted in dissolving one of the main guilds on the mud. (No it was not a root cause, but it became a catalyst that was only narrowly stopped). All in all, alot of people from that group were very greedy and it really pissed me off.

My error was in specifically mentioning a name. When I apologized, both of your characters idle 0 and yet you chose not to respond. Thats okay, the point is that I should not have mentioned anyone by name. I've done this before, and am still trying to learn that lesson. Chaulk it up to human falicy, a very deep passion for our mud, and great disgust at what looked like such greed. I'll try harder in the future.

As to what really happened during that split, that is between Caz and the evils.

Miax

------------------
Aggappie
Sojourner

Postby Aggappie » Wed Apr 10, 2002 7:00 am

Ok, this brings up a question I've wondered about. Namely, how do people split up loot from a run with one or more big pieces of equipment? Thanks.
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Wed Apr 10, 2002 7:01 am

if your info is right caz, todrael got something on both trips.

if that's true, surely there were a lot of others who were there on both trips that got squat?

just curious.
Jegzed
Sojourner

Postby Jegzed » Wed Apr 10, 2002 7:19 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Teyaha:
[B]if your info is right caz, todrael got something on both trips.

if that's true, surely there were a lot of others who were there on both trips that got squat?
[B]</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You didn't read the entire text I see.. On first trip Todrael gave back the cloak cause he couldnt use it, so Krolb got.. Thats why he got an eq the second time.

I didn't even know Caz was in the 2nd tiamat group.. I was there for 6hours killing dragons in Avernus and dieing repeatedly, and never saw Caz around. You must have joined for the final consorts.

Truth to be told, I do NOT think that Caz would have deserved a tiamat equipment even before this big whine.

CC and OD have led the tiamat runs, of course we'll make sure our warriors have the scepter before we hand it to a psilk harvester..

------------------
/Jegzed - Sorcere Master - Crimson Coalition
Karikhan
Sojourner

Postby Karikhan » Wed Apr 10, 2002 8:00 am

re-read the post, Teyaha ... Tod didnt get an item thursday .. just saturday ...

Just a general statement here, not meant for any one person...

it has been said before, and will again ... if you don't like the way the eq is split, lead it yourself!!!

does it really matter who was there the longest, or who was there for the most mobs?? what about who did the most WORK? who was the better out of their class?? shaman: who did the most gheals .. warriors .. who saved the most people with rescues .. clerics .. who healed the most .. scalers, who scaled the most .. and pinky's well .. who pinked the most (lick zoldren)

why did it have to come down to what guild got what?? if you'd looked at the numbers .. it was mostly CC and OD on both trips

i typically group with the same people all the time, guilds kinda blend in with me .. i dont really care what guild you are in as long as i can respect you as a player or a person .. you wont find the same crappy player in our groups twice.. they pretty much get weeded out, and fast...

as far as regular zoning and eq splits ... it friggin comes in time people ... be patient! you see the same people in the zones .. eventually it will be your turn to get the choice item ... i have never and WILL never have heartburn over eq splits ... if it is your 15th trip to a zone without getting anything .. wow .. you will probably be next!

i think part of the reason i get into the groups i do is this .. i keep my mouth shut .. i listen and learn .. i do as i am told .. i dont go afk unless it is an emergency and i talk to the leader in private about it .. yes i did pick a shaman .. a VERY very useful character in zones .. but i think i am a decent shaman, and that helps ... but also because i am a nice person who is willing to help when i can ..

Caz i fully believe you felt it necessary to bring your perception of a problem to the BBS ... BUT ... man you shouldnt air dirty laundry here!! keep it to the confines of the evil world ... within our city's small boundaries .. I was there BOTH trips .. i saw everything that happened .. and i also saw an AWESOME leader say he didnt want to lead anymore for a few months because of how people bitched about the eq split .. and you didnt mention the fact that YES some items went to the other guilds .. the diced items werent even mentioned except in passing ...considering the fact that there are like 5 or 6 great items from the run .. and 30+ people go .. its pretty friggin hard to decide who gets what... and in MY opinion it is the leader who doles out eq ... i say it again .. dont like how the eq is split ... lead it yourself ...

I'm off the soapbox for now ...

------------------
Ambar -= Squishin de Squid =-

[This message has been edited by Karikhan (edited 04-10-2002).]
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Wed Apr 10, 2002 8:10 am

If it's any comfort, I don't have any diamondines while I would have liked some 4 months ago, and I've been waiting for a chance to lead or follow TF in order to obtain some grey greens for 3 months now Image I haven't had the chance to go to Clouds, Tia or other big stuff because I'm in the wrong timezone. Sure, I do jot and other small zones every now and then, but the big ones are a rarity. Not everything 'comes' the easy way to CC warriors just because they are CC... Image

Heads up!

[This message has been edited by cherzra (edited 04-10-2002).]
sok
Sojourner

Postby sok » Wed Apr 10, 2002 8:56 am

edit

[This message has been edited by sok (edited 04-10-2002).]
Galok Icewolf
Sojourner

Postby Galok Icewolf » Wed Apr 10, 2002 8:59 am

Okay, well since I sorta at the topic of discussion, I describe my part.

Saturday when tiamat was completed after a 13 hour run, I as a leader had to evaluate each's person worth on that trip, previous trip and future zoning. I purposefully ignored guild titles and lines, instead looking for specific people that have done extremely well helping me zone (e.g. todrael taking a GOOD weight off of leading) and then decided who would get what of 5 of the tiamat items. I, todrael, and zazyg went out of our way to make sure there were "15" extra decent-good items in the pot that people might want. EVERYONE got something the trip I led. I tried to be as fair as I could as a human, and still when it was done... not 1, not 2, but 4 people decided to "confront" me about the split.

This alone wouldn't make me disband OD in the least, but it was the straw that broke the camels back. It was the final catalyst. I had finished leading the most taxing, awesome zone in the game, only to have people still complain. There were many (in excess of 10) reasons why I seriously considered (on the brink of) disbanding OD.
After talking with, basically the leaders of OD, myself and some other people we decided that our path was not to disband OD, and so I will put everything into it that I can.

I will lead zones, and people can complain all they want. I split as fairly as I can. If you REALLY think my splits are completely off base and unfair, why don't you try sometimes, instead of complaining about the current leaders. I WOULD LOVE more people to lead, while I enjoy it, I don't enjoy splitting eq. Playtime is not a indication that you are due for a eq item. If that was the case.. I want more items.

Gromikazer 75 days
Gokal 37 days
Lipopple 25 days

In regards to tiamat, Miax allowed the evils two runs, because the goodies got two runs. It has been closed for buisness until miax says its ready again.

P.s. I think im gonna get a sidekick like lazz to split the eq from now on, cause i just don't wanna deal with it.

------------------
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Wed Apr 10, 2002 9:10 am

sorry miax, we ghost quite a bit for those of you that dont know what ghosting is, its when your LD but the mud doesnt make your char go %%. i did not see any of your apologies. i also dont generally listen to ooc.

i wouldnt be airing my laundry on the bbs if i wasnt shamed publicly on ooc and if miax hadnt told me that numerous i think he said like a dozen people felt that it was true. Also, its possible that i really am a loot whore, and if so id like to know.

As far as whining about split, i repeat that i was not whining about split. i was simply discussing with gromikazer why i never seem to be the one that gets the best eq from a zone. not once did i say anyone didnt deserve eq they got, not once did i say i shoudlve gotten piece x. i told leader what i was interested in and later had a conversation as with him about my perception that i never get the best pieces of eq from zone. and from that somehow i got labeled a loot whore. And I agree if you dont like the way a splits are done, lead and do it yourself. i hope sok will be allowed to do tiamat this weekend since there has been no public announcements or posts to my knowledge. I hope gromi has logs he will post of what i said to him.

jeg, im pretty sure i was involved in killing the red in avernus on the saturday trip, but i dont have my logs to check. but your right i missed numerous avernus spanks on that trip and i pointed those out in my post. I would like to know when you think i might deserve a tia item since as far as i can tell atm im the only warrior that went both times for at least half the trip and doesnt have a tia item. But again, i dont really think that means shit, just interested in your opinion. Is it play time? is it number of zones done, is it number of years youve played, or is it how much i suck up to the right people? as far as me being a psilk harvester, omg. i suppose targsk not worthy either since he done dozens of them.
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Wed Apr 10, 2002 12:13 pm

Ask dornax how he handled split for our tiamat run. There was 0 bitching that I'm aware of, and everyone got a chance at stuff Image

Anyway, how come you guys get to do tia again? Thought it was off limits for us Image
Ilshadrial
Sojourner

Postby Ilshadrial » Wed Apr 10, 2002 12:41 pm

It doesn't matter, that Scepter needs to be downgraded, any item that heals like that items does has no place in the game, mine as well put back in VAMPING weapons or hell put "Dawnsfire" back in the game.

------------------
Jegzed
Sojourner

Postby Jegzed » Wed Apr 10, 2002 2:20 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by kiryan:
jeg, im pretty sure i was involved in killing the red in avernus on the saturday trip, but i dont have my logs to check. but your right i missed numerous avernus spanks on that trip and i pointed those out in my post. I would like to know when you think i might deserve a tia item since as far as i can tell atm im the only warrior that went both times for at least half the trip and doesnt have a tia item. But again, i dont really think that means shit, just interested in your opinion. Is it play time? is it number of zones done, is it number of years youve played, or is it how much i suck up to the right people? </font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

People that have been around for very very long and have good skills will always be thought of ahead of others.

And I UTTERLY despise you and the others who went out of your way to complain to Gromi after the split. He LED the fucking zone for 13 hours..

------------------
Zrax
Sojourner

Postby Zrax » Wed Apr 10, 2002 2:45 pm

I had hoped I would never see a thread like this.

*Climbs on Blungs back and rides off into the sunset*
Zoldren
Sojourner

Postby Zoldren » Wed Apr 10, 2002 2:49 pm

Getting eq in zones may not be intended this way but often happens..
if you are "known" you get eq... if not.. well..

I did tia, and I do alot of zones...
how do you think other people feel when people who where afk during most or during important parts of the zone W/or W/Out saying anything, and they get eq and others dont? or they get something better?
especialy when they are the only or one of the main people relyed on in those zones?

I have seen you and your partner lvl up to 50 basicaly just you two, ignoring to help others because you two were exping or you wouldnt get something out of it so you wouldnt help, you have gotten better about that.. but still.. the fact is you basicaly shunned people over xp and eq.. and that didnt leave a nice taste in there mouth... maybe they remember or maybe they just forget about you..

just remember its a game and if you want it bad enough eventualy you will get it
sok
Sojourner

Postby sok » Wed Apr 10, 2002 3:28 pm

edit

[This message has been edited by sok (edited 04-10-2002).]
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Wed Apr 10, 2002 3:38 pm

hrm, i musta missed that line, thanks for the clarification.
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Wed Apr 10, 2002 3:50 pm

mmm.. need more popcorn.

This is like a bad soap opera.. lol Image
rachaz
Sojourner

Postby rachaz » Wed Apr 10, 2002 4:59 pm

Just to make a quick post: Technically you did get one of THE BEST items in the tia zone even though it does not load there. I did not get an item from doing that zone, nor do I care. Being in the zone and dicing the helm was enough. However, I thought it was amazing of Gromikazer and Lazz to do that thing with the hole. I never expected such a thing to happen nor should have anyone else. I looked into the hole Gromikazer dropped and realized it was his own eq not just passed down items. Lazz also added items to his pot.

In summary, you did get one of the best items. I know plenty of other evil raced warriors including myself that are actively seeking that crown. Also, I was on that run where Gromikazer got the Skullsmasher that he gave to Inesa and you now have. He had been checking jot for quite some time. So not only did you get one of the best items but a second item out of Gromikazer's own equipment. Others walked away with nothing but the experience.

I just want to say, I like Caz. I think he is a good guy to talk to. But for the life of me, I can't imagine what brings people to make posts like this. tNone of he issues you listed are "public" issues.

Rachaz
Todrael
Sojourner

Postby Todrael » Wed Apr 10, 2002 5:03 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by kiryan:
Also, its possible that i really am a loot whore, and if so id like to know.</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are a loot whore.

1) You state yourself that Gyrx and Gura are just as deserving, if not more so, than you.

2) You state you were upset when they got it.

This shows that obviously you do not accept the reality of the situation, that you were just as deserving, or less (as many think) than those who received the rewards.

3) You state in many places throughout your post that you constantly ghost, go linkdead, or keep completely quiet during a group.

You are, frankly, completely unreliable in zones. Your usefulness to a zone is only so much that you are actually at the keyboard, connected, and paying attention. If you are assigned a bash, you have to be there at that second to read that, and to do it. I have found that often, you are not.

4) You state false information, and in many cases unknown information.

You didn't even know the stats on surtur when you got it, and you were complaining. You had to ask people for two identify scrolls. You said you were going to give the surtur to Sobu. There were many people in that group that don't feel you even deserved the surtur. You were afk or linkdead for many of the consort fights, you weren't there for the 7 hours (that's right, these 'spanks' you rather gloss over in Avernus lasted for 7 whole hours) we spent dying beforehand. You didn't deserve an item that powerful, and you still stated discontent.

5) There are so many contradictory statements in the same sentence or paragraph within your posts that I am completely boggled that you could possibly believe half of what you're saying.

You say you think you didn't deserve a scepter as much as Gura or Gyrx, then you ask the leader why you didn't get it. You say you don't always deserve the best items, then you wonder why you don't always get the best items. You say you ask the leaders why they don't give you what you want (when you don't even tell them what you want!), then you wonder why they don't like to deal with you. Fah. There were many more examples, frankly, my head hurts just reading them all.

6) That deal with the rare on Smoke.. You say you completed the quest, and that you didn't know the quest?!

WTF! For your information, that shaman you refer to has been looking for that specific mob for the last month or more, every single boot, every single day for two separate people that he has promised to assist with it. You show up and 'claim' it like that, then tell him you not only don't know the quest, not only have one already, but that you're just going to give it away, I can assure you he'll be slightly upset with you.

7) You say you constantly tell the leaders how you feel negatively about the split.

Have you ever said how you feel possitively about the split? Have you ever said that it was a good run, you had a good time, and that you don't really need any eq? Have you ever said that they did a good job? Have you ever given them so much as a pat on the back? I certainly didn't hear any of that from you at any time, to anyone. Is it any wonder they don't like dealing with you when all you exude is negativity?

8) I didn't deserve the Isha, and I don't deserve the arch-magi staff I have right now.

I tell this to anyone that asks me who got what from the split. I didn't contribute as much as others. The only thing I have going for me is dedication to the game. This being the case, I made sure people got items they wanted even if they didn't come from Tiamat. I gave my fireweed away, I gave a charm bracelet away, and I put a flaming staff of the magi in the pot, which I got back at the end. I have not one piece of eq that I can't use in some fashion on my one character, Todrael. 95% of the zones I go to, I do so just because I want to equip other people. If you went in with the same mentality, You wouldn't bitch about not getting your damn items.

9) I had more points, but I'm just too disgusted to think about this. I have other work to do.

-Todrael
Todrael
Sojourner

Postby Todrael » Wed Apr 10, 2002 5:26 pm

Not to mention the possibility of you multi-playing with your wife's character.

Or the Fact that you have shared your characters between each other at several times in the past, which is strictly prohibited by the multi-playing rules.

Oops, now I've gone and mentioned it.

-Todrael
Jegzed
Sojourner

Postby Jegzed » Wed Apr 10, 2002 5:31 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Todrael:
<B>Not to mention the possibility of you multi-playing with your wife's character.

Or the Fact that you have shared your characters between each other at several times in the past, which is strictly prohibited by the multi-playing rules.

Oops, now I've gone and mentioned it.

-Todrael</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Does Inesa exist? I thought it was a bot.

------------------
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Wed Apr 10, 2002 6:52 pm

Yayaril sits next to Rylan and watches how the ultimate commune works like clockwork.

Yayaril
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Wed Apr 10, 2002 6:59 pm

You guys need to scoot over and share the popcorn.
Zrax
Sojourner

Postby Zrax » Wed Apr 10, 2002 7:41 pm

I was under the impression you guys didnt share anything. Maybe you should dice the popcorn Image
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Wed Apr 10, 2002 8:39 pm

Okay, dicing the popcorn. 1 = Rylan, 2 = Ashiwi, 3= Yayaril.

dice 1 3

Hey, it doesn't work on the bbs!!

------------------
-Yayaril
Lalsed
Sojourner

Postby Lalsed » Wed Apr 10, 2002 8:47 pm

Yayaril you forgot my bid!

And put those trick dice away too!

------------------
Lalsed the Druid of Destruction...?
Elseenas
Sojourner

Postby Elseenas » Wed Apr 10, 2002 9:23 pm

::stretches out across back of couch:: I'll just mooch off whoever wins it Image

------------------
Elseenas of No House Worth Mentioning
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Wed Apr 10, 2002 9:36 pm

You guys already know I'm gonna win it, why bother?
Blung
Sojourner

Postby Blung » Wed Apr 10, 2002 9:38 pm

Danke, so I miss all this shit while I'm gone? Personally, I think it Miax's fault for making Tiamat's trip too easy. ***J/K*** Just because some goodies doesn't dare to attempt it in S2 and think it all worthless death. Toughest Zone and Big Badass Tiamat should only be kill one or twice a year at most. Afterall, where is the challenge after Tiamat? One thing about this BBS, if you bitch long and hard enough, gods will code in your favor.

Blung take no prisoner.
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Wed Apr 10, 2002 9:57 pm

Wow, first post back, and it's already another post about goodies versus evils... Riding that dead horse til it's turned to dust, huh?

------------------
Malacar - omg ymir!
Blung
Sojourner

Postby Blung » Wed Apr 10, 2002 10:19 pm

Your dead wrong, I still log on random just to chat. I hardly have time to play anymore. Yup, I never believe some of the changes that was made do to the amount of feedback from one side. This BBS is the proof. Sorry Malacar, but I don't join the band wagon like you do.

Blung take no prisoner.
Dhurn
Sojourner

Postby Dhurn » Wed Apr 10, 2002 11:57 pm

We have missed you Blung.

------------------
Gura
Sojourner

Postby Gura » Thu Apr 11, 2002 12:11 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ilshadrial:
<B>It doesn't matter, that Scepter needs to be downgraded, any item that heals like that items does has no place in the game, mine as well put back in VAMPING weapons or hell put "Dawnsfire" back in the game.

</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

veto Ilshadrial

all i have to say is psilks are not little things. u say u have 3 of em layin around well shit..i know about 20 casters who could use them. why trade them to goodies? its not just you but i have seen you numerous times in gloomhaven at boot doin the major parts of it. I'm not saying you're the only one who does it cuz one of my own guildies had one posted on the wd board recently but i still dont understand why?

Gura -Needs advil from reading this-

------------------
-Gura Crush Head
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Thu Apr 11, 2002 1:08 am

It is wierd logging to read your favourite current BBS war only to find a gaggle of rogues stole the popcorn!

Going to tia for the quip is absurd.

------------------
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Thu Apr 11, 2002 3:35 am

Er.. the gay elf bandwagon is closed anyways blung. You wouldn't be allowed to join if you paid dues!

------------------
Malacar - omg ymir!
Urbuk
Sojourner

Postby Urbuk » Thu Apr 11, 2002 4:04 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Not to mention the possibility of you multi-playing with your wife's character.</font>

lol! that explains why long time ago, inesa hardly speak english (nor understands it, need caz to translate it for her),
and suddenly inesa is now speaking fluent english almost flawlessly.
Baikalisan
Sojourner

Postby Baikalisan » Thu Apr 11, 2002 4:35 am

All i have to say is : Agree Todrael!!!

I unfortunatly didnt' get to attend either Tiamat slayings by the evils, rl was too busy on Thursday and on Saturday well..i heard it was canceled so i didn't show up till too late. I tell ya tho.. You go to Tiamat, you bring 30 ppl with you you have approx 5 peices of eq.. Do the math.. Its a pretty good chance your not going to get anything.. Let alone the 2 best things awarded to yourself and your wifebot!

You made the comment that when Sok leads Tiamat that you'll get what you want, well the way that looks to me is your damning everybody for what they do and how they do it and yet your turning around and doing EXACTLY what your accusing others of doing. Practice what you preach.

I cannot believe you or anybody else would even go into a situation like Tiamat and be upset because you didn't get the peice of eq you wanted and somebody else did! "Mommy!! little Timmy stole my scepter!" c'mon act your age not your shoe size

As for your little this guild gets more and what they dont get this one gets which leaves every other guild out in the cold attitude... oso lame

I could go on for days about just how conseited you are, but i'll spare the weary eyes of the reader.

Live long and Prosper!

------------------
Baikalisan - Valsharess Elg'Caress - Orbdrin D'oloth
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Thu Apr 11, 2002 5:05 am

Fuck the police! Fuck! Fuck the police!

eq isnt why you should play...should be a bonus. Esp on a tiamat run.

------------------
Gormal FaCtOr!

Gormal Stoneforge
Kildran T'sarith
Kybrell
Sojourner

Postby Kybrell » Thu Apr 11, 2002 5:08 am

I just had to write to say that I think that's the most I've ever heard Todrael say the whole time I've known him hehe.
And gimme some of that popcorn you greedy goodies!
Noliez ---Heroine of Gormal--- (tm)
Tasan
Sojourner

Postby Tasan » Thu Apr 11, 2002 5:37 am

Cry me a river of golden tears...

"I went to tiamat and all I got was this stupid crown"

Kiss all of our asses who've been here just as long as you, who would take the opportunity to go as part of the experience of playing the game.

I know of at least 30, and I'm sure there are more.

I wish there were more people like Tod around, and less of you people that consider this game something to get upset about.

Nokie had the best point of all about tiamat(mind you this is paraphrased):
"Why do we get only 1 prestige point for her death?"

Nuff said.

Twyl

------------------
I am Jack's complete lack of effort.
sok
Sojourner

Postby sok » Thu Apr 11, 2002 6:17 am

i think the point is this... is my time worth less then your time? is doing tiamat worth 12 hour of my day just so i dont get a chance at something i wanted? is getting a 2nd-rate item suppose to make me feel better? i think having a chance is all caz is asking. heck when i went, a chance was all i wanted. i didn't get it. am i a loot whore because i was upset at the the way split was done? i didn't tell/air it out and make my anger known; nonetheless, i was still angry and decide not to do tiamat again.

is that more honorable than taking it to the leader in tells and voicing one's displeasure? should one not defend oneself when one's name has been smeared? didn't the person who smeared his name apologize, so should we not have move from this point?

i already told caz to stop posting. this is something he can't win.

sok

[This message has been edited by sok (edited 04-11-2002).]
Todrael
Sojourner

Postby Todrael » Thu Apr 11, 2002 7:15 am

He can't win because he's wrong.

A chance. That's all anyone wants. I would agree with that. The problem is, you believe that chance exists at split time. This is true of dicing. But for handouts, here are some guide lines.

The real chance to get eq exists in every day mud life. It exists when you manage -not- to miss any bashes you were assigned, -not- go linkdead or ghost. It exists when you don't like the split, but accept it -anyways-, and say 'next time, perhaps.' It exists when you do the zone and say you had a great time. It exists when you keep the leader's spirits up, or raise group morale. It exists when you play your class to perfection. It exists when you decide soloing or 2 person groups (Caz/Inesa) can be put off so you can do the required job for zone groups. It exists when you look past the guild titles to the actual people behind the keyboards. It exists when you stick with it, day after day, zoning just to zone, spending time with every group that forms.

The chance exists in your every action, day in and day out. Just because you sat in front of your monitor for 12 hours on one particular day, and typed some commands, does not entitle you to even the remotest chance at a reward. At the least, it shows raw effort, which is only one aspect of many.

I don't want Caz or Inesa to leave the mud, or become discouraged. I want their actions and words to show worth and value to our community as a whole. Really, I just want to play the game, and have fun. You should too.

-Todrael
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Thu Apr 11, 2002 7:24 am

Blah, blah blah blah - blah.

Blah blah, blah blah blah. Blah blah blah? Blah blah!

Blah.

------------------
<B>Shevarash -- Code Forger of Sojourn3
</B>
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Thu Apr 11, 2002 7:34 am

Wow, I think Sok hit my point of view right on the head.

Yayaril

------------------
-Yayaril
Jurdex
Sojourner

Postby Jurdex » Thu Apr 11, 2002 8:08 am

I personally think everyone deserves a fair shot at a Tiamat item.

There are like 7 items there, right?

If someone claims more than 2-3 items on a trip, then I think the person claiming them is just as EQ greedy as the person wanting a fair chance.

Makes sense to me.

Dornax
Jurdex

------------------
"Est Sularus Oth Mithas"
"My Honor is My Life"
Dezzex
Sojourner

Postby Dezzex » Thu Apr 11, 2002 8:20 am

This all sounds like the Babo thread a while back. About wanting the chance, not the eq. I don't think Caz or Babo are greedy people, it's all a misunderstanding... Tod's right... the chance is always there. You set yourself up in the zone sure, but you set yourself before that too. That's why new zoners are unlikely to get handed stuff their first time around, but they will get it if they keep at it.

Even if I didn't partake in the diced eq I still woulda felt I had fair chance. I -know- I was considered, and everybody else needs to know that too... leaders aren't out to screw anyone. By sheer luck (or whatever) we've all had times when we could go for many many trips and not get the piece we wanted. It's meaningless.
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Thu Apr 11, 2002 9:10 am

Resisting the urge to flame kiryan.. yes, even in this thread of threads. Urgh.

- Ragorn

[This message has been edited by Ragorn (edited 04-11-2002).]

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”