Mystra? Mystra Who?

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.

Mystra? Mystra Who?

Postby Guest » Sun Mar 04, 2001 5:43 pm

For those of you who may be wondering what I'm up to, follow da link:

http://RoanStudio.com

For those of you who couldn't care less:

THFFFFFFFFFFFFFPT! Image
Lyt
Sojourner

Postby Lyt » Sun Mar 04, 2001 6:21 pm

Hey Roan,

You should play a mortal this time around Soj. :)

Lyt
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Sun Mar 04, 2001 6:41 pm

Damn, that's some _real_ nice painting...

Small typo on your biography page btw, 'choosen' should be 'chosen'.

Postby Guest » Sun Mar 04, 2001 8:24 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by cherzra:
<B>Damn, that's some _real_ nice painting...
</B>

Why, thank you, Cherzra!

Small typo on your biography page btw, 'choosen' should be 'chosen'.

Ack! Thanks for finding that. All fixed Image

Hey, you didn't sign my guestbook. Geez Image
</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Postby Guest » Sun Mar 04, 2001 8:26 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Lyt:
<B>Hey Roan,

You should play a mortal this time around Soj. Image

Lyt</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey, Lyt, howzit goin'?

Hrm, wish I had the time, but with everything going on I just don't. Too busy painting, et al.

bah, you didn't sign my guestbook either :P
Yasden
Sojourner

Postby Yasden » Sun Mar 04, 2001 8:59 pm

I signed yer guestbook. :P Now you can go through the rest of the day knowing that someone actually saw the link to do it! :P

Yes, I didn't even notice it until after looking through the entire site and then noticed it way up there in that little corner *laugh*.

Yas - he who needs to pay attention

Postby Guest » Sun Mar 04, 2001 9:03 pm

Okay, now I'm happy. Yasden signed my guestbook! Very first entry. Thank you, Yasden Image

I hate guestbooks, as a rule, but finally caved in and added one yesterday.
Jhorr
Sojourner

Postby Jhorr » Sun Mar 04, 2001 11:23 pm

Uh, boggle! I had no idea who you really were! Must say thems is some fine artworks.

Postby Guest » Mon Mar 05, 2001 12:51 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Yasden:
<B>I signed yer guestbook. :P Now you can go through the rest of the day knowing that someone actually saw the link to do it! :P
Yes, I didn't even notice it until after looking through the entire site and then noticed it way up there in that little corner *laugh*.

Yas - he who needs to pay attention</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yah yah, Yasdork :P The page is rather cluttered at the moment and I didn't have anywhere else to put it. I redid the writing in red so it would be more noticable and I think I uploaded it while you were going through the site :P That's probably why you didn't see it earlier.

Anyhow, thanks for being the first to sign da book :P

Postby Guest » Mon Mar 05, 2001 12:52 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jhorr:
Uh, boggle! I had no idea who you really were! Must say thems is some fine artworks.</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks, Jhorr :P
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Mon Mar 05, 2001 4:10 am

Very nice paintings. I definitely like the quote on the first page. I'm kind of tired and crosseyed from working on a Flash webpage for the past 10 hours, so when I perused the paintings of the dogs, 'Max' looked like 'Miax' to me. Boggle!

Yayaril
Rymbie
Sojourner

Postby Rymbie » Mon Mar 05, 2001 4:54 am

Wowee, nice paintings, Roan! "Gaelan & The Roses" and "Summer Dreams" were my personal favorites. Image

Btw, are you thinking about running the new Sojourn website when it comes up? I always loved reading the articles in our little monthly newsletter thingie, and you did an awesome job with the site. Brought some extra personality to the MUD. Image

Rymbie/Shyarn
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Mon Mar 05, 2001 5:16 am

Roan,

I'm in town, let's go drinking! *nod me*

- Ragorn
Wobb
Sojourner

Postby Wobb » Mon Mar 05, 2001 6:00 am

Although its mentioned in your guestbook...

WOW! You have a gift...my favorite is "Lùthmhor". As a mudder I never even knew you were an artist. I actually went out and bought a few Burne Hogarth books and some other drawing instruction books because I highly envy those who can create visually. My work is terrible! (I can't even shade!) So...hats off to you! Besides "Lùthmhor" I really liked the way you convey "Max"'s coat. The subtle (gray?) lighter colors that reflect the light and curves really make the coat seem life-like. Nice work.

Chris

Postby Guest » Mon Mar 05, 2001 3:50 pm

Ragorn, your still in Herndon? Shit we ought to do lunch sometime if you are!

Miax

Postby Guest » Mon Mar 05, 2001 4:07 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ragorn:
I'm in town, let's go drinking! *nod me*</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Raggie, I don't drink -- 'sides, I'm pregnant so even if I did I wouldn't :P

Read Miax's message Image

Postby Guest » Mon Mar 05, 2001 4:10 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Rymbie:
Wowee, nice paintings, Roan! "Gaelan & The Roses" and "Summer Dreams" were my personal favorites. Image

Thank you, Rymbie!

Btw, are you thinking about running the new Sojourn website when it comes up? I always loved reading the articles in our little monthly newsletter thingie, and you did an awesome job with the site. Brought some extra personality to the MUD. Image

Well, I appreciate the thought and the confidence in me, Rymbie, but I have more than enough to do with my own site and the Artists' community I moderate on.

I will, however, bug these guys to add some spice to this site :P
</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Postby Guest » Mon Mar 05, 2001 4:11 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Yayaril:
Very nice paintings. I definitely like the quote on the first page. I'm kind of tired and crosseyed from working on a Flash webpage for the past 10 hours, so when I perused the paintings of the dogs, 'Max' looked like 'Miax' to me. Boggle!</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Yaryaril! Heh, at least Miax doesn't LOOK like Max :P

Postby Guest » Mon Mar 05, 2001 4:19 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Wobb:
WOW! You have a gift...my favorite is "Lùthmhor".

Thank you! I'm surprised at the number of people who like Lùthmhor the best. The best one there is really "In Memory of Casey". I do think I need to do more horses, though.

As a mudder I never even knew you were an artist.

I think only the staff and Ilshadrial knew about my artistic endeavours. I used to draw a lot when I was much younger and didn't do much at all in the way of painting. A couple of cheesey oils and that was it. Anyhow, I just started painting seriously in August of '99 -- so, I've only been doing it for just over a year.

I actually went out and bought a few Burne Hogarth books and some other drawing instruction books because I highly envy those who can create visually. My work is terrible! (I can't even shade!) So...hats off to you!

Hrm. You need Betty Edwards' book Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain. Wonderful book. If you want some help with your drawings, you might want to try joining the Artists' community that I belong to. It's called WetCanvas! and we have a UBB bulletin board system as well (that's what this is). There's over 2400 members on WC! and we have forums for almost every medium, as well as chats, projects, a Critiques area, and so on. It's in conjunction with Art Agent and Artist's Nation -- online galleries where you can sell your artwork.

You can upload images of your artwork to WC! and people will help you out with them.

It's a great place with great people. I'm the one of the moderators for the Pastels and Critiques Forums.

Besides "Lùthmhor" I really liked the way you convey "Max"'s coat. The subtle (gray?) lighter colors that reflect the light and curves really make the coat seem life-like. Nice work.

Thank you very much, Chris!

</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

[This message has been edited by Roan (edited 03-05-2001).]
Tayros
Sojourner

Postby Tayros » Mon Mar 05, 2001 4:24 pm

ROAN! *hugs* I just gotta say:

<font color="#999966">I like this color for posting to the BBS :P</font>

Tayros

[This message has been edited by Tayros (edited 03-05-2001).]
Bibbe
Sojourner

Postby Bibbe » Mon Mar 05, 2001 5:51 pm

Another very good art forum is
Dhabih's forum
He's a really really talented youth, it's more of digital art though.
Damn i wish i could paint like thoose kids when i was a kid =)

- Bibbe (not that i am old now though)
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Mon Mar 05, 2001 5:53 pm

Miax and Roan,

My parents live in Herndon, and I visit during breaks from school. Spring Break is, coincidentally, this week. So here I sit in my mom's townhouse off Centreville Road. I'll email my phone number and such to the email address Miax posted for alpha test applications, give me a call some time. I have like, no plans this week Image

And CONGRATULATIONS on being pregnant (again)! That's awesome!

- Ragorn
Ilshadrial
Sojourner

Postby Ilshadrial » Mon Mar 05, 2001 6:18 pm

Hey Mystra!

Autumn Fox will always be the best!

I still want you to paint a dragon!

Ilshad
Jegzed
Sojourner

Postby Jegzed » Mon Mar 05, 2001 6:43 pm

It's kinda creepy when both me+ilsha likes the same painting the best..

/Jegzed

Postby Guest » Tue Mar 06, 2001 3:18 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Tayros:
ROAN! *hugs* </font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hugs, Tayros :P

Postby Guest » Tue Mar 06, 2001 3:19 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Bibbe:
<B>Another very good art forum is
Dhabih's forum
He's a really really talented youth, it's more of digital art though.
Damn i wish i could paint like thoose kids when i was a kid =)

- Bibbe (not that i am old now though)</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hrm, Dhabih, why does that sound familar. Dunno, but post the URL, eh, Bibbe?

Postby Guest » Tue Mar 06, 2001 3:22 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ragorn:
<B>Miax and Roan,

My parents live in Herndon, and I visit during breaks from school. Spring Break is, coincidentally, this week. So here I sit in my mom's townhouse off Centreville Road. I'll email my phone number and such to the email address Miax posted for alpha test applications, give me a call some time. I have like, no plans this week Image

And CONGRATULATIONS on being pregnant (again)! That's awesome!

- Ragorn</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ROFL! Centerville Road? That's like a stone's throw from us :P

Unfortunately, it'll have to be up to you and Miax. I'm a tad under the weather at the moment -- a cold that seems to be developing into a bronchial/asthma attack again. I can't even paint Image Well, I'm not supposed to but I'm wearing one of those super-duper, heavy-duty particle masks that Miax got for me.

Thanks for the congratz! This will be our last one. I'm too old for this stuff :P

Postby Guest » Tue Mar 06, 2001 3:25 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ilshadrial:
<B>Hey Mystra!

Autumn Fox will always be the best!

I still want you to paint a dragon!</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ugh, Shad, that one isn't all that good at all. Seriously. If you look at the eyes they seem almost crossed :P

But I'm glad you like it anyhow Image

Doubt I'll ever do a dragon. I DID do some studies of Brian Froud's work though and got rave reviews in the Artist's Community. I can't post them on my web site because they are studies -- copyrights you know -- but if you are interested in seeing them I can give you the link to WC!

Postby Guest » Tue Mar 06, 2001 3:25 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jegzed:
<B>It's kinda creepy when both me+ilsha likes the same painting the best..
</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think it's more scary than creepy, myself :P
Ilshadrial
Sojourner

Postby Ilshadrial » Tue Mar 06, 2001 4:13 am

Yes please send me the link to see them.

Ilshadrial@hotmail.com

About the fox painting...

It is the way the colors blend together that makes me like it so much...

It is happy and crisp, and the fox looks like it is relaxing, something I never do.

Postby Guest » Tue Mar 06, 2001 5:10 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ilshadrial:
<B>Yes please send me the link to see them.

Ilshadrial@hotmail.com

About the fox painting...

It is the way the colors blend together that makes me like it so much...

It is happy and crisp, and the fox looks like it is relaxing, something I never do.

</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Shad,

I'll email as well as post the link here. It's okay to post it, just note to anyone looking at these that they are studies only. Not for sale. Not to promote my work. They were done for educational purposes -- to see if I could do that type of genre.

Here's the link:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/ubb/Forum10/HTML/000003.html

There are a total of three posted in that thread and you'll have to scroll a lot to find them all. All were done in May 2000. Actually, I did about 10 or so. These are the best three.

As for the fox: I love the colors in it too. It's just that it was one of my first paintings and I can't help but see all the bad parts of it. I do admit that it has a certain charm about it, though :P
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Tue Mar 06, 2001 8:54 am

No the young girl is the best painting, she looks so darn cute Image
Ilshadrial
Sojourner

Postby Ilshadrial » Tue Mar 06, 2001 12:46 pm

OMG! NIIIIIIIIIICCCCCCCCCCEEEEEEEEEEEEEE....

so lets get to painting some fantasy stuff...I know like a DRAGON! Image

J/K!

I think you have a talent for fantasy art, just looking at the nova paiting you did, be easy for you to auras and all....

Glad to see you are doing something you enjoy....

Kevin aka Ilshad
Galzar
Sojourner

Postby Galzar » Wed Mar 07, 2001 4:05 am

hey roan those are some nice paintings. Mystra? Mystra who? do i know that person Image LOL LOL LOL LOL

Galzar/Mikayla

Postby Guest » Fri Mar 09, 2001 12:56 am

Thank you, Shad and Galzar :P

Drop by the site any time. I usually have something new every few weeks. I'm still working on the web site and stuff, so the painting isn't going as fast as I'd like it to.

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”