Guild Titles

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Gormal
Sojourner

Guild Titles

Postby Gormal » Mon Oct 15, 2001 10:09 pm

I think that player titles should be more regulated. I'm seeing more crap then i believed possible on this mud. Guild titles used to mean something, you had to have a roleplay behind it and all titles were approved...now I see worthless titles with symbols and arrows and stuff in them, unoriginal ones. etc.

i think gods should intervene.
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Mon Oct 15, 2001 10:13 pm

kudos to gromikazer for how he is handling his guild titles.
Todrael
Sojourner

Postby Todrael » Mon Oct 15, 2001 10:25 pm

I believe some standard should be initiated. I've seen at least one that I thought was just completely silly, and although it makes sense to them, I don't see it fitting in to the FR world. I guess we just need to figure out if Associations are Guilds or just social groups.

-Todrael
Kaede
Sojourner

Postby Kaede » Mon Oct 15, 2001 10:43 pm

You guys don't know what you're talking about!

[42 Cleric ] Kaede -=SniperLordX=- Gods on Earth (Grey Elf)
Ensis
Sojourner

Postby Ensis » Tue Oct 16, 2001 12:35 am

Nods..I can only remember being in angras, and having to start as an initiate from level 25-35..35 being when i could pick a new title, and only one that fit my character.

E
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Tue Oct 16, 2001 12:36 am

I guess the same could be said of some people's names and last names. As long as the player's title isn't ludicrous or insulting, I don't really see any problem with it.

Roxor McOwnage (Barbarian) *Ownsjoo* L33t Gu1||_D

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 16, 2001 3:19 am

They are regulated and being watched. I've already issued several warnings to guilds about titles. If they continue, fines can and will be levied.
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Tue Oct 16, 2001 5:59 am

Yeah, only immortals are allowed to have silly titles!

Corth

[This message has been edited by Corth (edited 10-16-2001).]
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Tue Oct 16, 2001 8:10 am

This place looks like duris now when I type who Image
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Tue Oct 16, 2001 12:18 pm

Give it a little time for people and guilds to work out the whole titling thing.. a lot of people are playing with their title to get the ansi right and stuff and see what fits.
Abue
Sojourner

Postby Abue » Tue Oct 16, 2001 12:43 pm

I think people need to lighten up on this mud about names and titles a little. yes there should be standards if you wish to keep things consistent with the need to roll play here but hey. Names get picked at so much that I have run into problems having a PC name approved. I delete a pc with a name that was already approved and roll a new one with same name and that name gets denied. This happened more then once. These were decent names to. The funny part was. I saw one of them names one time on that awesome random name generator list. blahh.

Just to restate what I was saying above in a simple statement. This community has the right to want standards for names of all sorts but they must be reasonable. If Cherzra were to delete and then reroll and have the name denied then there would be reason for Cherzra to be upset. this has happened to me more then once.

[This message has been edited by Abue (edited 10-16-2001).]
Zoldren
Sojourner

Postby Zoldren » Tue Oct 16, 2001 2:38 pm

agree pimp troll Image

its turning into one of those muds you do a who and say o dam I am not 50 w/a title I will never do anything here
Zoldren Pink-o-bot-slut of UD TM
Xebes
Sojourner

Postby Xebes » Tue Oct 16, 2001 8:44 pm

It's not the text of the titles, etc, that are causing the problem... it's the ansi that's making things so bloody ugly.

How about removing (or at least SERIOUSLY taking a look at) the ability for guild titles to have all kinda silly bright colors in em? Something like requiring full words in a single color, etc. (Yes, it makes things look less "pretty", but sometimes simplicity is a good thing)

wholist ain't supposed to look like a goddamn christmas tree.

------------------
-<(#)>- Xebes makes your heart start to race REAL FAST!
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Tue Oct 16, 2001 9:02 pm

I don't see what the big problem is. Colors are fun. As long as they aren't using those background colors, which cause my eyes to water, then everything is fine. If you don't like seeing color, turn everything to dark green in your settings.

Yayaril
Xebes
Sojourner

Postby Xebes » Tue Oct 16, 2001 9:07 pm

Colors are fun used in moderation.

Too much gives the 'lit up christmas tree' look, aka what duris/basternae look like, for the most part.

------------------
-<(#)>- Xebes makes your heart start to race REAL FAST!
Brugg
Sojourner

Postby Brugg » Tue Oct 16, 2001 9:22 pm

well heres my 2 cents i think that associations should be limited to a two or three color scheme. This would give a nice sence of unity to the association, as well as clean up the mud. And i think that only association leaders should have titles, make it eaven more of an advantage to gain ranks in the group.
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Tue Oct 16, 2001 9:39 pm

Peronally I think that associations should go back to being God-moderated...at least in part. once titles are chosen I think they should stick unless the player writes a story explaning the chage.

I forsee that people will start changing titles on a whim. Getting a title without being in an association has 100000 times the prestige that it does if you are. Now even a level 30 nobody gets a unique title...

I liked how founders only got unique titles last wipe, it made titles more of a prestige thing.

I duno i guess the only way to explain my feelings on this is that as someone who believes that roleplay should play a part in the game....this is a serious downgrade to the enviornment of roleplaying. That comment aside...it is helping to trivialize something that used to mean something...

Welcome to Duris, Land of the Bloodlust.

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 16, 2001 9:54 pm

Titles and other aspects of associations will be reviewed. Cripes guys, the code has been in less than a week, wanna give it some time to shake out and then give the gods some time to review it? We tend to like crappy ANSI less than you guys do :P

Erevan
Glorishan
Sojourner

Postby Glorishan » Wed Oct 17, 2001 10:39 pm

Pardon me if I end up with any spelling errors here, but I can't see the screen well enough to proofread anything. You see, I'm still partially blinded by the who list. I'm all for titles, and use whatever ansi you wish. However, I recommend that no assoc member should receive a title until level 50. I think if this is done, you will see more people doing exp past 46, whereas now a lot of people (myself included) don't really care about obtaining 50. And in turn, exp will again become fun, because likely people will be doing it with their fellow members. Everybody knows that exp with strangers sucks, and exp with friends can actually be entertaining, cause it's no different than sitting around the camp fire shooting the shit with some of your good friends. Only now you've got a meatshield and some people keeping him or her alive.

This will also return some of the prestige of guilds. Doing a "who sort" at 6:00 p.m. eastern time, I find 17 people with titles. However, doing a "who 50" I only come up with 6.

Glorishan
Gindipple
Sojourner

Postby Gindipple » Wed Oct 17, 2001 10:48 pm

It might be very benificial for this topic if someone could post a correct ANSI of some of the old titles/guilds.
I know someone figured out how to post on this BBS once in ANSI colors, just forget where.
Then we'd need someone who has ANSI captured from an old who list.
Lolok Frozencrow
Sojourner

Postby Lolok Frozencrow » Thu Oct 18, 2001 2:00 am

Why not have the prestige points have something to do with guilds and such. The more points the more choice you get in your title(ie..1000 points for every bright ANSI letter) . You could have points be given for quests, newbie help, invasion rewards and stuffs like that, maybe even be able to transfer points to other players for good deeds like help with a CR, or getting a ress from a cleric or a well from a druid.
This could help cut down on the bright ANSI and promote some cool roleplay fun as well.

giggle (boy I sometimes have some silly ideas)

L ImageL ImageK
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Thu Oct 18, 2001 2:07 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Glorishan:
<B>Pardon me if I end up with any spelling errors here, but I can't see the screen well enough to proofread anything. You see, I'm still partially blinded by the who list. I'm all for titles, and use whatever ansi you wish. However, I recommend that no assoc member should receive a title until level 50. I think if this is done, you will see more people doing exp past 46, whereas now a lot of people (myself included) don't really care about obtaining 50. And in turn, exp will again become fun, because likely people will be doing it with their fellow members. Everybody knows that exp with strangers sucks, and exp with friends can actually be entertaining, cause it's no different than sitting around the camp fire shooting the shit with some of your good friends. Only now you've got a meatshield and some people keeping him or her alive.

This will also return some of the prestige of guilds. Doing a "who sort" at 6:00 p.m. eastern time, I find 17 people with titles. However, doing a "who 50" I only come up with 6.

Glorishan

</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You, Xebes, and Gormal - ROFLmao...
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Thu Oct 18, 2001 12:26 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Lolok Frozencrow:
Why not have the prestige points have something to do with guilds and such.... or getting a ress from a cleric or a well from a druid.</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

cackle.. I think if I got prestige points for doing resses I would've hit the limit. :P
Gort
Sojourner

Postby Gort » Thu Oct 18, 2001 2:05 pm

From me alone Rylan.... and I'd be out of em if they were from one person to another....

Thanks again my prestigous friend!

Toplack
Turxx
Sojourner

Postby Turxx » Thu May 23, 2002 11:51 pm

thanks people
fricken whinners wtf do you care whut someone elses title is?
squeaky wheel gets the grease i guess

[This message has been edited by Turxx (edited 05-23-2002).]

[This message has been edited by Turxx (edited 05-23-2002).]
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Fri May 24, 2002 6:18 am

You are seriously deluding yourself if you think we changed something due to Nermal whining. Image

------------------
<B>Shevarash -- Code Forger of Sojourn3
</B>

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”