Who's played tabletop D&D before?

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Rhelath
Sojourner

Who\'s played tabletop D&D before?

Postby Rhelath » Tue Mar 06, 2001 7:10 am

Just got bored, flipping through my old 2nd ED PHB. And was wondering, how many of you ever played tabletop? And if you did, any interesting/funny stories from those games?

-Rhelath, the perpetually bored till opening.
Ruhr
Sojourner

Postby Ruhr » Tue Mar 06, 2001 7:20 am

I play tabletop D&D every Sunday evening.

If you're interested in getting back into tabletop play, get an RPGA number (www.rpga.com) and attend a local convention.

If you do a google search, you may find groups in your area who are looking for players for home games--this is hard to find, but there are gaming clubs which host events at local hobby shops, etc.

Table top play is the best role playing experiences--you can't beat direct human interaction.

The next convention I plan to attend is Madicon (march 23rd-25th), which takes place at James Madison University, in Harrisonburg Virginia.

-----------

Re: a fun story. This past Sunday we fought a colossal, ancient red wyrm in his lair. Our characters are converted 2nd edition, in the monty-hall style, which is to say, hero class characters.

I play a 10th lvl dwarf warrior.

Anyhow, here's how it went:

Knowing that we were severely outclassed, we sought help from a few local celebrities (people we'd met in past campaigns), specifically Tenser the mage (30th+ lvl wizard) and Lezendrid (30th+ lvl necromancer).

Tenser, for a 1/4th share of the hoard, supplied the party with 5 rings; 3 rings of true strike (+20 to attack rolls, 5 charges) and 2 rings of +10 to spell penetration (in order to overcome the dragon's massive innate magic resistence (MR). Tenser also supplied us with 2 wands of frost (12th level).

Lezendrid supplied the party with five earrings of resistence to fear (+20 to fear die checks (DC)), and two potions of black dragon control (used to charm black dragons--another DC. The charisma bonus of the charmer effects duration). For Lezendrid's part, he was promised his pick of one item from the hoard.

We also secured the aid of a Lawful good aligned greyhawk dragon. This dragon is classified as Huge, and had 370 odd hit points and an attack bonus of 40. Along with this dragon, came a mounted paladin wielding a +3 lance.

Now for the great wyrm. The DC to resist fear vs. was 42 (hence the need for the earrings). He is ancient, meaning 1,000 years old. He has 650 hit points (to give you an idea of scale, my 10th lvl dwarf warrior has 110 hit points); an AC of 45; an attack bonus of 59 (he can't miss, essentially. He is also a 20th lvl wizard and a 19th lvl cleric.

The two black dragons are his servants. they each have approximately 250 hit points and breath acid.

We teleported into the dragon's chamber and surprised 2 of the 3. Two of our party had quaffed the black dragon control potions and made their rolls. We were able to charm one of the blacks (the largest) and the other black promptly attacked the party (the one unsurprised dragon).

Unfortunately, I was unable to make my fear save (due to a low roll, and an abysmally low will save). Consequently, I was in awe for 4 rounds, and unable to act.

The remaining 4 party members and the dragon and his mount did make their saves and sprang into action.

The party wizard (12th lvl) threw up a wall of force in front of the party to block direct breath attacks.

Another multi-class player cast darkness on the wyrm's head (an innate ability).

The other dwarf warrior/cleric in the party proceeded to attack the ancient wyrm (from across the lava filled river) with a cone of cold from the wand of frost (10d6 damage).

The greyhawk dragon engaged the uncharmed black dragon who was in the process of breathing a stream of acid on three members of the party. Fortunately, they had just quaffed potions of vulnerability to acid (which allow the quaffer to take 60 points of acid damage before their hit points are affected).

The 12th lvl gnome warrior (heh!) in our party took to the air and proceeded to attack the dragon's posterior with his +3 short swords–however he was only able to attack successfully one time with the aid of the true strike ring doing 12 points of damage – the prior week he'd done 120 points of damage in one round vs. one of the wyrm's fire giant servants).

Another round of attacks dispatched the aggressive black (his charmed brother and the greyhawk dragon made short work of him) and our wizard prepared a bigby's intervening hand in the event the wrym should lean over our wall of force and breath fireballs on us (40D10 damage).

The black wyrm handler now directed his thrall black dragon to attack the ancient wyrm–the greyhawk dragon also moved to engage the red in melee combat (while the mounted paladin brought his lance to bear).

The red, however, had recovered from his initial flat-footedness and proceeded to dispell the annoying darkness spell which covered his eyesight.

The dwarf cleric/warrior ducked from around the wall of force and unleashed another successful cone of cold on the wyrm.

The greyhawk dragon (with his +40 attack bonus) was able to successfully claw the great wyrm four successive times doing over 150 points of damage–the paladin, however, missed entirely).

The wizard, out of bigby's, retreated to the cave mouth and threw up another wall of force.

The gnome attacked again, doing 17 points of damage, amidst much cursing and grumbling.

The red moved forward, craning his neck above our wall of force and unleashed a inferno of fireballs upon the party–fortunately, bigby's intervening hand soaked up 9/10ths of the damage–-the last 60 points being absorbed by my resistence to fire potion (which takes up to 120 points of fire damage)–this surging move forward incurred attacks of opportunity from both the greyhawk dragon, his paladin rider and the gnome, all of whom missed.

Fortunately, I was able to shake off my sense of awe this round and unleashed a cone of cold from my wand doing 43 points of damage to the great wyrm.

The black dragon spat a stream of acid at the ancient red and did minimal damage. The greyhawk dragon raked his claws across the chest of the red doing 70 odd points of damage.

The dwarf cleric/warrior got off another cone of cold and ran to hide behind the wall of force.

The wizard/fighter who'd successfully controlled the remaining black dragon was unable to act as his attention was focused on guiding the black dragon's actions.

The gnome attacked again, hitting three times this round for approximately 40 points of damage.

The enraged wyrm fixed his sights on the tratorous black, spending him reeling with a mighty clawed attack, while simultaneously whipping the greyhawk dragon with a mighty sweep of his tail.

Another round proceeded apace leaving the ancient wyrm with roughly 250 hit points left out of 650–prompting him to teleport out of the room, leaving his treasure pile for the victors.

Unsure of what to do with the black dragon, seeing as how the charm was wearing off, our party's wizard used a wand of transmutation to turn it into a turtle–a state that forbade him from either escaping, or casting spells. We tucked the chaotic evil turtle away, and proceeded to shovel the dragon's heaping hoard into our portable hole, and teleported back to greyhawk city.

The most notable item in the hoard was an ancient sword (ego 23, int 17) whose main innate ability was improved attack vs. extra-planar beings, as well as detect invisibility and a few other detections and +4 magic--this sword had the nasty habit of dominating it's wielder–this is a DC on an intelligence roll (vs. The sword's 17 int). This item we gave to Lezendrid the necromancer.

We also gave a quarter of the treasure to Tenser, and a quarter to the greyhawk dragon, leaving us with 500,000 gold pieces and a number of magic items.

The problem, however, is that now the party had made an enemy of an ancient red wyrm, who would most certainly come to seek us out–if for nothing else, but to secure the return of his hoard.

Until such time as we can engage our newest enemy, the party (and the turtle) plans to remain together.

[This message has been edited by Ruhr (edited 03-06-2001).]
Elseenas
Sojourner

Postby Elseenas » Tue Mar 06, 2001 7:33 am

I have played tabletop for 10 years and am still playing that way.

Funny stories?

The first one that comes to mind comes from someone elses campaign that I wasn't around for.

Here was the scenario he gave his players (midlevel I believe):

"You have been given a quest by a Baron to find and return a certain magical item in a certain amount of time. So you broke into the dungeon and captured the item. Your party has just woken up and cannot remember the way out or what happened, but you do have the object with you."

So they start wandering through the dungeon trying to find their way out and they come across a door and it sounds like there is a party going on inside. One of the characters (the DM had no clue what possessed him) went up to the door and knocked. A slit in the door opened and a gnome nose stuck its way out asking what they wanted.

One of the other member of the party, once again no clue what came over him (good improv?) said "We are mighty heroes, great slayers of Orcs!"

So the gnome says "Oh! Come in come in. Everybody, these are slayers of our enemies, (blah blah blah)" and then proceeds to sit everyone down at a table and offer them "our very best brandy, fermented for a hundred years (you know how gnomes can be, went on from here)".

Every last one of them drank. Every last one of them failed their saves.

"You wake up outside of the dungeon, all of your clothing and possessions are gone, the door to the dungeon is locked".

It turns out that the gnome was an illusionist and the "brandy" was drugged. The gnome had confronted the youngest of the party before throwing them outside though and offered them any one item from their inventories. This youngster had been eyeing the warriors bow, so he selected that.

Not the item they had been sent in to get.

Over the next few months (real time) they chased that dang gnome everywhere, high, low, didn't matter. The DM said he has never seen such hatred for a gnome before. By the end of the campaign they couldn't stand the DM, but they kept comming back to see the end of it out :-)
Jurdex
Sojourner

Postby Jurdex » Tue Mar 06, 2001 7:44 am

Every Friday night. Tol and Kelendil recently joined the group I play in. Trying to get them to join the mud when it comes back. They play EQ and Diablo2 mostly.

Jurdex
Cirath Uruxx Kalith etc
Sojourner

Postby Cirath Uruxx Kalith etc » Tue Mar 06, 2001 4:49 pm

table top? of course! been playing for 7 years now... almost as long as ive been mudding. i love it, though i dont get a chance to much these days.

funny story? ask Alrinen about the incredible exploding gnome next time you see him (and dont be surprised if he runs around in circles screaming) ;)

later,
Cir
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Tue Mar 06, 2001 4:58 pm

I love tabletop. Image

Been playing for 17 years now? Since I was 8. Yuck that sounds awful. Image

Been running games since I was 14... My only issue with it, is that my group sucks. Most people dropped out, which really hurt.. Though it was for real life reasons.. Marriage, loss of job, job taking too much time, etc. So I can't really blame them. I just wish they'd come back... I want to play more.

My funniest time, when running a dungeon adventure where an evil mage had caked it with traps and illusions was...

DM(me): Ok, you come across a door, iron bound oak, very sturdy looking. It also looks very new.

PC: I test it for traps.

DM(rolling): Ok you find a trap. (rolls again) you don't set it off, and manage to disable it.

PC: Ok I open the door, and we all have bows, spells, etc ready.

DM: Ok, it's clear, you spy a four way intersection ahead.

PC: We move forward to the intersection.

DM: (rolling) Ok, the lead member manages to avoid the illusionary pit... (rolls again amidst lots of laughter)... Second guy doesn't either.. I looked up at that point..

PCs all laughing hysterically as I'd given away the major trap in that area. Image
izarek
Sojourner

Postby izarek » Tue Mar 06, 2001 5:32 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Malacar:
<B>
PCs all laughing hysterically as I'd given away the major trap in that area. Image</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gawd, don't you hate it when that happens. I've played and DM'ed AD&D. Its truely frustrating when you give something away (happens when I get tired). I've given up DMing though, as I've found I don't enjoy it nearly as much as being a player (it also costs less to be a player!).

Funny story, eh? Too many to remember, but I'll go with the most recent:

I was playing an invoker in a unique world made by the most kick-arse DM (read complicated and hard) I've ever played with. Anyhow, we were trying to infiltrate a compound dedicated to some strange perversion of Lloth. Of course, that ment there were drow 'n such in there and it was underground. Interestingly enough for my character, we were in an area where magic was heightened by 2x-3x. Of course that ment my fireballs were going to be heafty. I was just drooling, waiting for targets. Anyhow, we finally reached the guardpost at the back entrance to the compound and got the door open. Inside was complete darkness and, judging by the bolts shooting out of it, several drow. With a grin on my face, I told the warriors to stand back as far as possible and let me clear the way. We were in a dungeon, so there wasn't much vertical space, so we stood back as far as possible, to avoid backdraft. Cackling, I sent the fireball streaking into the darkness. Strangely, the explosion sounded a bit sooner than expected and all I saw next was a column of deadly fire that turned me into dust and half killed the warriors in the group. Oh, I got the drow guards allright, but the fireball was 3x in area and I didnt account for that enough. You see, just past the darkness there was a wall and heavy doors blocking progress further into the compound. Lesson learned: look before you shoot, especially in a magically-heightned area. ROFL!

Izzy

[This message has been edited by izarek (edited 03-06-2001).]
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Tue Mar 06, 2001 5:58 pm

Here's a funny exerpt of an adventure in Rolemaster where my friend played under an insane GM.

GM: Jazbaran has entered the Forest of Despair. The trees are dark and rotting, and a foul stench seems to permeate the entire area. You travel for several hours along a dusty road.

Me: Ok, I'll keep my eyes open, and continue on my way. I'm travelling at maximum pace through this creepy place.

GM: Ok, you continue on for quite some time and ... (dice are rolled behind a GM screen) ... Aha! It looks like an encounter. Just a minute ... (a few more rolls are made) ... ok, get ready. Jazraban continues moving through the forest when suddenly he feels as if something is watching him! An eerie feeling of dread creeps over him. From somewhere to his left he hears a slight rustle in the bushes!

Me: (Groaning) Oh no. Gads, my first level mage is toast if this creature is any bigger than a field mouse. I'll prepare my water bolt, the only offensive spell I have, and turn to face my opponent.

GM: As you turn around, you find yourself locking gazes with a deer. The deer stands motionless, it's eyes focusing on Jazbaran. What do you do?

Me: A deer? Like ... a common white tailed deer?

GM: Yep. He's looking at you. He's about twenty meters away.

Me: Whew! What a relief. Cool. Well, Jazbaran gives it a friendly nod, and continues walking down the road.

GM: Ok, you turn your back on the deer, and continue walking. Suddenly there is an incredible rushing noise! From the bushes behind you the deer leaps in to the road and takes a free back attack ....

Me: Whoa, whoa, whoa! What are you talking about man! This is a deer, right!?!

GM: ... which gives him a +20 to hit because of surprise, and another +20 for attacking from the back. The deer rolls a .... (dice rolled behind GM screen) 74, plus forty for his bonuses. That means he has scored a hit of 114 .... take 12 hits (life points), and you'll be suffering a 'D' (serious) critical. Let's see...

Me: Are you bent? This is a deer! What's he attacking me with? His hoofs?

GM: (More dice are rolled behind the screen) ... looks like the critical will cause you fourteen more hits (life points), and STUN you for three rounds.

Me: Stunned for three rounds, by a deer? This is beyond ridiculous...

GM: Since you are stunned for the next three rounds, the deer will attack you again. He rears up on his hind legs, and begins trampling your body. He has a +45 total. (Dice rolled behind screen) ... whoa! Looks like eighteen more hits, and an 'E' (most serious) critical. Bummer! Lemme' roll this critical and see what it says (dice rolled). Man, twenty-two more points of damage, and you're stunned for an aditional four rounds.

Me: You know, EVERY encounter you roll is NOT a HOSTILE encounter! Why is this deer rampaging up and down my back? Are you free-basing gerbil hair or something?

GM: Looks like you're stunned again this round. The deer will make anoter attack at a +45. (Dice rolled) Ooooooh man! Looks like another thirty three points of damage and a 'D' critical...

Me: Don't bother. Jazbaran is quite dead. Bambi has won the day.

GM: Wow. That was some awesome combat! This game rules! Roll up another character and we'll start again...

Me: Not a chance. Unless my next character can be a fourth level porqupine. I'm out of here.

GM: Awww, wait! Don't leave! C'mon man, we can resurrect Jazbaran! Stop putting your dice away! Wait!!!

The Front Door: -SLAM!-

And thus I left the absolutely worst run adventure I have ever had the misfortune of entering.

-The End-

Yayaril
Gromsharulaz
Sojourner

Postby Gromsharulaz » Wed Mar 07, 2001 12:14 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Yayaril:
<B>Are you free-basing gerbil hair or something?
<snip>
Me: Don't bother. Jazbaran is quite dead. Bambi has won the day.
</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OMG, Sorry but that is just way too damn funny. I've seen some pretty bad DM's in my day but he just takes the cake.

Alright so here's one of my stories. I was just starting up a new campaign for my group and decided to have some fun introducing a nice nemesis for them.

So as little adventurers looking for fun they hit the local town's merchant quarters job hunting. They go to apply to one, and
when they got there a clerk behind the desk grunted out what his employer wanted and set them to it. This scenario was repeated a couple times and the jobs got progressively more difficult.

The next time they come in the clerk behind tosses 'em a sealed scroll and says "it's a new job from the boss. now get out - I'm busy."

Up to now they'd been doing typical hack work, guarding caravans and the like. This time they were to retrieve a book that had been stolen from their employer while he was transporting goods.

After an ethical debate between the paladin and the rogue on just how to retrieve the stolen merchandise the group decided on stealth with a very grumbly paladin tagging along muttering about wanting to teach theives lessons.

Now on foreign soil they find the place, a shop full of books and maps. Once inside they find the book and are in the process of getting it out of the case it when they are of course caught redhanded. Shop owner starts blasting at them with a wand and battle ensues.

The paladin hearing the commotion bursts in the door and sees his friends under fire. Shouting his battle cry he wades in and gets a lucky blow on the already injured owner. Kills him dead.

When the thief is going over the body for interesting baubles he pulls out a nice pin, silver in the shape of a harp. ;) You want to completely make a paladin distraught - have him kill not only an innocent man but one who's a member of the harpers.

Right about then the group figured things out and the fact that they'd never actually met the man giving the actual orders set in. You can't detect evil intent from letters. *smirk*

Much like the hated gnome mentioned earlier in this thread, they spent literally months dodging authorities and assassins trying to get back across the sea of fallen stars to exact some vengence. Not knowing what he looked like either made life even more interesting for them. I just kept wanting to quip at them "it wasn't me it was the one armed man" everytime they tried to explain their situation to someone.

here one more:
I was pressed for time one weekend so I decided to use a module out of Dragon(I think) rather than concoct something of my own.

It involved being captured at sea by a tribe of orcs the basic premise was the island is really a giant turtle and the orc tribe lives on it's back.

Well they escape but wanted their gear back - most of them are clinging to a log and paddling back to the island. The dwarven priest who had no swimming proficiency and is in full armor had water breath going and announces he's tired of the log and he's walking to shore. He let go and let himself sink - thinking he'd hit sand since they were close to the island.

It was then that he saw the underbelly of the turtle and continued his dropping like a stone to the murky depths and his death.

Gromsharulaz Darkmace, Evil DM'ing Derro of the Underdark
Thurg
Sojourner

Postby Thurg » Wed Mar 07, 2001 12:57 am

i played it but noone else to play w/ :-(
Somerled
Sojourner

Postby Somerled » Wed Mar 07, 2001 3:29 am

Tabletop!? I started playing D&D thats ... D&D ... not AD&D, not second Ed., not third Ed. ... before many Soj mudders were even born, back when Gary G. put his name on every D&D product ... leseee ... dig out my old Players Handbook ... ok .. its copywrite dated 1978 the one I have is a 6th printing dated Jan 1980 .. thats over 20 years ago! I also have a first ed. of the DMs Guide stored in a box ... im hating myself for throwing away all those modules that me and my friends used to buy every 3-4 weeks after finishing another one ....

Some folks talk about the old school Soj mudders .... heh ... the "REAL" old school are those of us that were there when the RPG big bang started ... too bad Gary G. cant reap all the rewards of what he started .... by now hed make Bill Gates look like a pauper.
Braggo
Sojourner

Postby Braggo » Wed Mar 07, 2001 3:44 am

I played it! once! yep just once, spent $20 on the new players handbook and the people who I played with won't play it again! Image

Braggo Boulderbasher
Galzar
Sojourner

Postby Galzar » Wed Mar 07, 2001 3:45 am

i started playing ad&d back in 1981, one rule i learned was never DM when you have 3 lawyers in the group Image LOLOLOL
Ruhr
Sojourner

Postby Ruhr » Wed Mar 07, 2001 5:23 am

Somerled: I have those 1978 editions also, and they are AD&D. The original D&D was printed on much much smaller, thin paper covered books--then came "Advanced" D&D, A.K.A 1st edition.

Not sure the royalties would be all that much. I recently read the satistical breakdown for the east coast region of active RPGA members, and the list is pretty short (at least for the Living Greyhawk campaignes, only 40-50 members or so in my region).

IMHO, 3E is far superior to 1st ed.; much less convoluted, much more enjoyable combat (with the aid of figures, and the battle mats), and not nearly as twinky as 2nd edition (power-oriented munchkin play with weak monsters and endless overpowered magic items--specifically "Living City").

However, nothing compares to first edition Chaosium Runequest for fantasy RPGs (not that Avalon Hill crap). You'd be surprised how high Chaosium Runequest source material and modules sell for on ebay... Too bad I lent mine out back in the early 80s *grumble*

Call of Cthulhu, is IMHO the best *RPG* out there now--in the sense of real roleplaying and puzzle solving, vs. hack and slash D&D.

I can't get into white wolf games--not after seeing all the freak LARPers (omg).

Shadowrun is also pretty good--although I prefer primitive weapons to guns and explosives.

Wish I could convice my group to pick up Traveller, I have two complete sets of the source material and modules (all circa 1979) *sigh*

[This message has been edited by Ruhr (edited 03-07-2001).]
Saitcho
Sojourner

Postby Saitcho » Wed Mar 07, 2001 8:02 am

used to play all the time. havent played in a while tho. hey jurd you guys still playing that same campaign with the annoying haflling? hehehehe
Jurdex
Sojourner

Postby Jurdex » Wed Mar 07, 2001 8:47 am

Nope, started playing with a couple other friends, and slowly recruited Bryan and Ben (Kelendil and Tol) into the group.

Jurdex
Fezbozz
Sojourner

Postby Fezbozz » Wed Mar 07, 2001 9:12 am

I have played since 1980 and have DMed for most of the years. I have just gotten I new group together that plays every sunday and I am finally enjoying the game from the players side. The old books where ad&d but if I remember correctly the basic box set and expert rules where considered just d&d. Any I have tried the other rpgs and still find my self going back to ad&d. As far as roleplayers the best ones I have met played ad&d so I think the game is not what makes a better rpg its the players and how they play. I have always made my gaming sessions much more roleplay intensive then a lot of other dm's I have played with. I think 3E helps that out with smoother combat. I have many many stories but no time to type them all out plus I am to lazy hehe.
Somerled
Sojourner

Postby Somerled » Sat Mar 10, 2001 1:18 pm

Ruhr ... yup .. I am aware that the book I have is AD&D, the first "set" that I remember getting was a box set for plain ole D&D though ....
Dranix/Straxin
Sojourner

Postby Dranix/Straxin » Sat Mar 10, 2001 3:53 pm

I play 3E D&D with Fezbozz every Sunday....im also too lazy to type any of the adventures we have had but one of them that involves my cousin and a friend of mine that decided to play ninjas in 2nd edition. We were doing fine when Fez was reading the description of the area we just walked into and he put a huge bear fishing at the creek just for flavor....well my cousin (throgg) and my friend carl decide to attack the bear (which had more hps than our whole party put together.)and it all went to hell.

Never throw a shuriken at a hungry bear.
Just words for the wise. Image

Dranix
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Sun Mar 11, 2001 10:58 am

Have a 77 D&D rulebook, been playing it since about 83. Play that and a system my brother and I and a friend made.
Remember my first game ever, brother was DM and was being a little too pedantic about what we could se and what not, making us have to map where we had gone and such so we could get back...this is just in town mind you hehe... Now he is a great DM (cept when his wife is playing he a stupid DM sex=quip groan)

yesterday walking down the street saw some guys had put up a large piece of ply out the front of there house and spray painted "old school D&D nerds wanted" hehe.

Funny/Silly Table top story, was playing a mercenary/ranger type person. Had spent many years playing him with lots of char development and such and had recently aquired a dragon egg. I did not know anything about dragon eggs as you do not and didn't know if it was even really one or what. We were having a RP session and a friend came over, he was playing an elf, who happened to be strongly opposed to the enslavement of dragons.

Me: "I have thius egg blah blah blah, wonder if it real"

John: "Why don't you hold it up to your ear and see if something is moving"

Me: *chuckle* "don't think that would work, maybe with your accute hearing but really.."

John: "couldn't hurt to try"

Me: Holds egg up to ear

John: Whap! Plasters egg to side of my head

Me: go nuts! (note I had quested for years and such to aquire this perhaps an egg hehe)

ROFL oh well

Sarell/Ladak/etc ..aka Patrick

Postby Guest » Mon Mar 12, 2001 3:01 am

Nice story Sarell Image

Makes me think about the party I was recently GMing and they wanted to go hunting evil mages. I tried to dissuade them BUT would they listen? Noooooooo *grin* They didn't take the time to investigate this guy, they just wanted to March straight in and take him on. I even gave them a chance to parley . . . but again they wanted blood. So, this mage charms a shop keeper to "gifting" a small keg of ale to one of the party members. What do you say? Poison? Of course it was . . they took it anyway. They had a small vial of unknown origin (poison as well) too . . . So one of the Dwarves in the party take a bowl, mix in three drops of the vial and a tankard of the tainted ale . . . and you guessed it. Drank it up! I look at him . . . he replies it is the Dwarven test to see if it is poison. Needless to say he was sick for the next three weeks (game time). With the keg, the shop keeper also gave three coins. Each had a spell placed on it and with the activation word the spells would work as normal.

The party reaches the mage. The mage wants to talk, they don't. Mage steps back sees the sick dwarf (-1 str daily) but the party presses to fight, so the mage . . . speaks the word . . . three fireballs go off in the middle of the party.

Needless to say it was like the "Welcome to Sojourn" menu appeared. Press 1 to enter . . . You return from the dead. *LOL*

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”