Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Daz
Sojourner

Postby Daz » Wed Jun 19, 2002 4:37 am

so you guys are going to keep pointing fingers at me, fine. so if i go through every single thread on this bbs and find other people who have posted items that dont apply to the immediate topic, will they be scolded? will you delete those threads as well? are you going to care about the posts i did put thought into that people responded to? do you care that tesil thinks i should kill myself? so are you going to just keep singling me out, because maybe i happen to have a condition where i am easily instigated. people push me, i push back. notice how there are two parties in that exchange, not just me. is your goal to make me angry and do something stupid so ill leave your game? or am i intruding upon a society of players that dont want me here? why is it my problem, but no one else?
i post a something that i thought was amusing, you delete the thread. tesil tells me to kill myself, and you yell at me for it. where exactly did you learn your moderation skills? or do you just use your infallable sense of knowing right from wrong and apply your personal feelings to every judgement?

------------------
-Daz Proudwolf, Tapestry Pirate
+++++++++++++++++++++++++
FS: All my irrelevant psychology textbooks.
Silverast Rubicyn
Sojourner

Postby Silverast Rubicyn » Wed Jun 19, 2002 4:47 am

I didnt see anywhere anyone pointing fingers at you... Kia said 'parties', never mentioned any names at all. If anything Kia removed a thread that was entirely about you which degrated to nothing but flaming between people. I'd be thankful if someone had removed a thread about flaming me.

Just calm down and relax, lets all play this game !
Kerath
Sojourner

Postby Kerath » Wed Jun 19, 2002 4:49 am

You know what I'd do in your shoes? Honestly, I'd just stop reading the BBS for a while. Cool off. I'm not saying that you are wholly at fault or anything, but if what you said is really how you feel about it, then it sounds like posting and reading other people's posts is something you really don't need in your life right now. Basically, this is supposed to be a forum of discussion regarding a game. And the purpose of games is to have fun. You don't sound like you're having fun, and to me, that's the time to walk away. Maybe when you come back after some time off, and slacken the volume of your posts off a bit, people will lose any knee-jerk reaction they have to the name 'Daz' and just treat your suggestions like everyone else's. That's my take on it. Things like this aren't worth getting upset over, in the end.

Take a break, and when you come back, try to make all your posts have some kind of constructive slant, and when they're purely humorous, make sure that they're still appropriate to the thread and worth reading, instead of just posting for the sake of posting.

Yes, I got tired of seeing your name on countless threads with posts that I didn't feel contributed anything. But I doubt that being critical or nasty will solve anything. I'm just offering this as a polite suggestion; take it or leave it.

Stay frosty, dude.
Cruk
Sojourner

Postby Cruk » Wed Jun 19, 2002 4:56 am

Hello Daz,

It doesn't sound like anyone really wants you to leave and I don't think anyone, including Tesil really wants you to kill yourself. It sounds like all they wish is for, is for relevant posts to be made to the BBS. This is for everyone, not just you. Mean like it does sound like you got a lotta stuff that you need to deal with. Not that I want to discourage you from posting, just mebbe you need to talk to someone to deal with your stuff. It happens to the best of us, including my self at times.

So it sounds like the message most ppls trying to get(in their own quirky way) is that they would like the posts to be RELEVANT TO THE TOPIC. By all means participate, cause this is a community.

Give me a tell/mmail if you want to talk to me or even to fight me in the arena again Image

Cruk(Troll Ranger wannabe, my dual wield is now 28)

------------------
No I am not Crukk from Exile. He now plays a girly hooman palydork :P

Postby Guest » Wed Jun 19, 2002 7:13 am

Daz,

You were reprimanded today because we had to delete yet another flamewar between you and Tesil today. Both you and Tesil are being spoken to about it, as you both disregarded my warnings about flaming people.

Frankly sir, you are not any more special than anyone else, and receieve no special attention or scrutiny. You and Tesil Both ignored my wishes and flamed out anyway. I agree with someone's earlier suggestion - if you can't Not flame people, don't post, take a vacation from the mud.

Miax
Karikhan
Sojourner

Postby Karikhan » Wed Jun 19, 2002 9:41 am

The thread that was deleted was a topic I started .. I apologize AGAIN that it led to nastiness .. my simple request was to stop the flaming, irrelevant posts .. i stopped looking at it at about 9PM EST so I have no idea where it went from my original post ...

my future career is going to be counselling troubled teens .... i have always wondered what made people tick and how the mind works ... i have always been a mediator type that people looked to for advice .... if the person in question needs to talk, feel free to mmail Ambar .. i can give you my OTHER email address and we can talk ...

otherwise, my advice is to step back and evaluate yourself .. see what other people are seeing with fresh eyes ... if you are taking the mud and the BBS too seriously, maybe it is time to stop, take a break, whatever ....

Peace ....

Jen

------------------
Ambar -= Big Pimpin' =-
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Wed Jun 19, 2002 1:40 pm

I never had a problem with Daz's irrelevant posts, they were easily overlooked. What got me was that people seemed to be driven to tear him down and say nasty things about him, and it even seemed to draw in people who would normally never step into that arena. Daz takes everything too personally, and appears to be willing to step up to the plate to fight over anything that he perceives to be an insult anymore, but after the reamings he's received it's almost understandable.

Why is it that some people on the BBS can be total jerks and post truly mean, hurtful things, and still go on posting without really changing the way they do anything, and yet Daz posts babble, gets attacked, snipes back, and gets reprimanded? I've seen much, much worse on this BBS than Daz has ever posted without any repercussions to the poster. The sad thing is that because it was Daz reprimanded instead of the ones who have been hateful since day one, then the ones with real problems still feel like they have full rein to continue as they see fit. The flames haven't stopped, nor will they, because the ones responsible for the worst of it are still out there laughing at Daz.

Daz, you're just adding fuel to their fire. You seemed like a nice enough guy every time I got to hang out with you. If you want to babble, go ahead and babble, but don't let some of the jerks on the BBS pull you down to their level.
Zrax
Sojourner

Postby Zrax » Wed Jun 19, 2002 2:06 pm

I know how Daz feels Ash, I have often found myself attempting to offer a kind word or a bit of irrelevance on a thread to brighten peoples day only to be met with harsh tones and accusation. If i could bring even the smallest ray of sunshine into someones otherwise bleak day then my purpose was a success, but i have to wonder.. why the hate?

Cheerful Zrax

------------------
And shepherds we shall be, for Thee my Lord, for Thee.
Power hath descended forth from Thy hand,
that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.
We will flow a river forth unto Thee,
and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In nomine Patris, et Fili, et Spiritu Sancti.
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Wed Jun 19, 2002 6:31 pm

Everyone should read the two posts above by drax and ashiwi Image
Gort
Sojourner

Postby Gort » Wed Jun 19, 2002 6:31 pm

Zrax,

People are going over to the dark side of the force, being seduced by it.... they are cultivating their rage, gleaning power from their hatred...

Aside from that, I have no explanation.

I am guilty as hell for posting tangental tidbits, I sit at work all day trolling the BBS. That's why I'm approaching 1k posts.

Will I stop babbling, not likely. Do I take anything personally? I sure try not to, but I sympathize w/ Daz.

Toplack *take a step back... no no, take a step forward... no.... take a step back, now take a step forward... now you're doing the cha-cha* Frostbear

------------------
Mishre
Sojourner

Postby Mishre » Wed Jun 19, 2002 7:39 pm

chimps have big ears.
Mishre
Sojourner

Postby Mishre » Wed Jun 19, 2002 7:43 pm

Interesting Intesitinel and Inner Ions are Incredibly Illiterate Instructional Inmates which Irritate Illithids Interplanely.

an Ill-iteration
sok
Sojourner

Postby sok » Wed Jun 19, 2002 8:00 pm

.... i have always wondered what made people tick and how the mind works ...

ambar

I think folks wanna feel like they matter, regardless if: they high lvl or low lvl; elite or newbie; etc. now when they are being slighted, treated unfairly it would cause their self-esteem to be lower. i read somewhere that self-esteem is the bedrock of ethics.

sok
Mishre
Sojourner

Postby Mishre » Wed Jun 19, 2002 8:57 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by sok:
<B>

i read somewhere that self-esteem is the bedrock of ethics.

sok

</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

that is from comasutra(sp?)
Daten
Sojourner

Postby Daten » Wed Jun 19, 2002 10:50 pm

KamaSutra is the sex book
Elseenas
Sojourner

Postby Elseenas » Wed Jun 19, 2002 11:01 pm

It sounds like something Nathaniel Branden would say ( I don't know if he actually said it, but it is right up his alley).

------------------
Elseenas of No House Worth Mentioning
Upgup
Sojourner

Postby Upgup » Wed Jun 19, 2002 11:24 pm

I sympathize with daz, people just need to lighten up, not just on him but with everyone. But daz i mean this in the nicest way possible, just lightnin up a lil, it will do wonders.

------------------
Upgup Kikk Gnomme
"Me and My Tribe will proudly follow and die."
Vahok
Sojourner

Postby Vahok » Thu Jun 20, 2002 1:57 am

Can't we all just get along? Oh wait, I hate you all. Flame me next!

Seriously, I think all parties involved in this flame-fest 2002 have valid points, and all parties involved have made some inappropriate comments. There is never right or wrong person. I think how I tolerate some of the shit I see posted is I think to myself, "Who is it coming from?" Some post to be assholes, some to joke, some to make a valid point, some medidate, some whine....some post just to post. I figure this is a game, life is a game, so enjoy it.

So all you people out there, relax, have a beer. This is just a game.

------------------
Meatshield
Ensis
Sojourner

Postby Ensis » Thu Jun 20, 2002 3:05 am

Don't cry for me Argentiinnnnnnna!

------------------
Ensis Inferni
Bish Enterprises Inc.
All Rights Reserved
Copyright 1999 Fydollaho Productions.
Snurgt
Sojourner

Postby Snurgt » Thu Jun 20, 2002 3:10 am

That sounds like something Hugh Jass would say (I don't know if he actually said it, but it is right up his alley).
Tesil2
Sojourner

Postby Tesil2 » Thu Jun 20, 2002 4:13 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Snurgt:
That sounds like something Hugh Jass would say (I don't know if he actually said it, but it is right up his alley).</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Huge Ass??? WTF?!
Grungar
Sojourner

Postby Grungar » Thu Jun 20, 2002 4:46 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ensis:
Don't cry for me Argentiinnnnnnna!</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Me First & the Gimme Gimmes does a damn spiffy cover of that song. People look at me weird when I play that song.

Then again, people usually give me weird looks. I can't imagine why.

- Grungar "Walking on sunshine" Forgefire
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Thu Jun 20, 2002 5:33 am

Dartan was here!

------------------
Dartan group-says 'Malacar I'm going to dropkick you for starting that omg Ymir thing'
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Sun Jun 23, 2002 11:11 pm

I know, whenever threads are dominated by flames, we should appoint someone to bump up old threads to cover them up.

*whistle*

------------------
"All yer asses are mine, prepare to die mightily by my sadism!" - Malar
sok
Sojourner

Postby sok » Mon Jun 24, 2002 7:31 pm

email your mud admin and tell them to appoint sok.
Grungar
Sojourner

Postby Grungar » Mon Jun 24, 2002 10:05 pm

Sok for president!

- Grungar "I need a nap" Forgefire

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”