proccers!

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
cherzra
Sojourner

proccers!

Postby cherzra » Sat Mar 10, 2001 4:42 am

Ok, new topic! Hope this is allowed since I'm not really posting the items' stats.. What proccing stuff do you know of, and what does it do?

glittering cloak of icicles - proc ice storm
tattered cloak - proc invis
entwined gold serpent armbands - proc tiny pet snake
basilisk scale leggings - proc stoneskin
dagger of oblivion - proc animate for nec/lich
white-hot fiery mace - proc corona
broadsword of dancing shadows - proc shadows
ebony bladed longsword - proc blind / poison
flaming sword of the valkyrie - proc flamestrike
longsword engulfed in black flames - proc flame attack
longsword made of rippling flames - proc another flame attack
black longsword of destruction - proc rage
enchanted dread gythka of the thri-keen - proc venom / slow / para
great iron axed rimmed with frost - proc cone of cold
great red steel longsword of the fire giants - proc flame attack
unholy avenger pulsating with blood - proc soulsteal / soulblind / soulshriek and power of darkness
holy avenger of ambram - proc ? (never saw it in action)
wicked black sword writhing with pestilence - broken, but supposed to proc wither / poison / blind
massive hammer of skullsmashing - proc bash / stun
mithril two-handed dwarven battlehammer - proc chain lightning
wicked looking runed mace - proc drowse
brilliantly shining horn of a kirin - proc lightning bolt
longsword with a black hilt (or something like that) - proc poison
windsong - proc blur
trident of the undead - proc pet zombie
orb of annihilation - proc cone of cold
flaming holy flamberge of the effreeti - proc fireball
huge adamantium mace enshrouded with mist - proc blind (or something)
double-bladed dwarvish axe of giantslaying - proc hamstring

Cherzra Eat Slime - waiting for the opening...
Waelos
Sojourner

Postby Waelos » Sat Mar 10, 2001 5:25 am

Proc! How do I love thee? Let me count the ways!

In addition to C's impressive list I'll add:
(btw ambran proc'd stoneskin, heal and dispell evil)

The Flame of the North: lit up on command heh

Swiftwind: blur proc 1/day on command

black longsword with silver basked hilt: proc acid blast

Lost sword of cymrych hugh (hehe you forgot that one! bwahaha): random harm spell

Rockcrusher: proc bash thingee

The rogue amulet from tia (proc invis)

Disc of Lathander: proc rejuve hehe

Dawn's Fire: proc random creeping doom

(probably my favorite weapon though not in game: Woundhealer): if I recall it proc'd lightning attack + group heal (maybe just heal it was a long time ago)

Of course, all the lovely artis not in game anymore =)

The rogue amulet from tia (proc invis)

Thats about all I can recall atm!

Wae
Tovel
Sojourner

Postby Tovel » Sat Mar 10, 2001 8:13 am

etched dagger of swirling shadows - proc shadow backstab and had some damage proc.

blood covered fang(or something like that) - anouther dagger that had the same proc as the etched daggers damage proc

trident of the undead also proc'd harm
Nitania
Sojourner

Postby Nitania » Sat Mar 10, 2001 8:16 am

Tia's crescent moon amulet wasnt proc invis, just perm invis so as soon as you snapped out of invisibility it would snap you back into it Image.. got annoying but was dang nice at times.

Nitania
Diatem
Sojourner

Postby Diatem » Sat Mar 10, 2001 10:00 am

There was also a dagger that proc'ed armor...wasn't that the shadows dagger?

(and woundhealer was crit lightning, and healed hps with every hit, just so you know Waelos)
Tovel
Sojourner

Postby Tovel » Sat Mar 10, 2001 10:02 am

etched dagger was perm armor I think
Galzar
Sojourner

Postby Galzar » Sat Mar 10, 2001 11:44 am

hey chewbaca, ambran proc is, stone, heal, armor, bless, dispel magic, area dispel magic, dispel evil, area dispel evil, god i love that weapon Image
Ruhr
Sojourner

Postby Ruhr » Sat Mar 10, 2001 12:10 pm

"basilisk scale leggings - proc stoneskin"

This must be a new (soj2) item, very nice--from maniscorps' I presume? How was the stoneskin? Comparable to the sorcerer spell in duration/strength, or more along the lines of ambram stone?
Treladian
Sojourner

Postby Treladian » Sat Mar 10, 2001 12:55 pm

Chezra, just a slight correction with the engulfed LS. From what I've heard, it was a COLD flame attack so it worked on stuff that eat flames and presumably not on anything immune to cold. After all, if a white flame is the hottest you get . . .
Jhorr
Sojourner

Postby Jhorr » Sat Mar 10, 2001 3:45 pm

Nod Ruhr, was a quest from manscorps. I think it was like mid-20's level stone on command, once per 3 days or something. But what do I know, I never had one, just heard rumors about it around Mithril Hall and I was prolly drunk on Dwarven Ale at the time. They always were given to the casters in the group anyway. Muahahahahaahahahaha!!!!
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Sat Mar 10, 2001 4:06 pm

That one sword from JOT, off the planar dude.. Faith right? it was a 1h s paladin weapon
Cirath Uruxx Kalith etc
Sojourner

Postby Cirath Uruxx Kalith etc » Sat Mar 10, 2001 5:25 pm

Is it just me or did all of the pallie swords have really nice procs? personally i think stone, heal, armor, bless, dispel magic, area dispel magic, dispel evil, area dispel evil is just insane for any one peice of eq. but then thats just me

*compares holy and unholy avengers and realizes why a pallie can slap him around and call him susan*

Cir
Waelos
Sojourner

Postby Waelos » Sat Mar 10, 2001 9:46 pm

Thanks Diatem! I was still a snotnosed newbie then *wink* Clarification of legends! Danke! =) Wasn't vamp tho, was it? hmmm

lesse - Faith proc'd heal on command 1/day. I recall Kurkis having at least 7 of them hehe

Aha! thank you Nitania! I couldn't for the life of me remember the name of that amulet. pretty ansi too!

Tovel - I believe it is the jeweled fang dagger that proc'd something like 'stabs, etc, and tears it out with a spray of blood' or something =) was just straight damage, I think.

The new Unholy avenger was really nice. on par, or better than ambran, Imho.

lets hope for lots more proccers!

waelost
Jegzed
Sojourner

Postby Jegzed » Sat Mar 10, 2001 10:17 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jhorr:
Nod Ruhr, was a quest from manscorps. I think it was like mid-20's level stone on command, once per 3 days or something. But what do I know, I never had one, just heard rumors about it around Mithril Hall and I was prolly drunk on Dwarven Ale at the time. They always were given to the casters in the group anyway. Muahahahahaahahahaha!!!!</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not sure, I hardly ever used the proc, but i think it was 1/day. It was a lifesaver at times though Image

I did not see anyone mention my fave proccer Image The one that procced control_weather 1/day. (If you don't know the eq, I won't tell ya Image

/Jegzed
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Sat Mar 10, 2001 11:00 pm

Cough we are going to have to fight for that guy next time we do the zone Image

Jegzed gsays 'kill him I want that item'
Cherzra gsays 'no way I got the egg and stuff, we quest him'
Jegzed glares at Cherzra.

Heh Image
Nitania
Sojourner

Postby Nitania » Sun Mar 11, 2001 1:48 am

Jegzed,

it was the teardrop earring from scorps :P procced control weather. *rains on your parade*

Nitania
hehe
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Sun Mar 11, 2001 5:49 am

Did icy dagger of Sakurak's breath ever get a proc, Lost?

Hammer procs were a little different...crusher worked only if there was a floor...smasher worked when there wasn't but couldnt floor giants.

mistweave and hamstring both had chance to break on proc as well.

yay for swarm staves, stone staves, etc!

valk sword was fireball i thought not flamestrike...dunno

3nj0y!
Diatem
Sojourner

Postby Diatem » Sun Mar 11, 2001 6:04 am

Valk sword wasn't fireball. It was a fire damage proc on crit. (and could crit in your offhand, one of few weapons that could)

-D
Blung
Sojourner

Postby Blung » Sun Mar 11, 2001 7:18 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by cherzra:
<B>Ok, new topic! Hope this is allowed since I'm not really posting the items' stats.. What proccing stuff do you know of, and what does it do?

glittering cloak of icicles - proc ice storm
tattered cloak - proc invis
entwined gold serpent armbands - proc tiny pet snake
basilisk scale leggings - proc stoneskin
dagger of oblivion - proc animate for nec/lich
white-hot fiery mace - proc corona
broadsword of dancing shadows - proc shadows
ebony bladed longsword - proc blind / poison
flaming sword of the valkyrie - proc flamestrike
longsword engulfed in black flames - proc flame attack
longsword made of rippling flames - proc another flame attack
black longsword of destruction - proc rage
enchanted dread gythka of the thri-keen - proc venom / slow / para
great iron axed rimmed with frost - proc cone of cold
great red steel longsword of the fire giants - proc flame attack
unholy avenger pulsating with blood - proc soulsteal / soulblind / soulshriek and power of darkness
holy avenger of ambram - proc ? (never saw it in action)
wicked black sword writhing with pestilence - broken, but supposed to proc wither / poison / blind
massive hammer of skullsmashing - proc bash / stun
mithril two-handed dwarven battlehammer - proc chain lightning
wicked looking runed mace - proc drowse
brilliantly shining horn of a kirin - proc lightning bolt
longsword with a black hilt (or something like that) - proc poison
windsong - proc blur
trident of the undead - proc pet zombie
orb of annihilation - proc cone of cold
flaming holy flamberge of the effreeti - proc fireball
huge adamantium mace enshrouded with mist - proc blind (or something)
double-bladed dwarvish axe of giantslaying - proc hamstring

Cherzra Eat Slime - waiting for the opening...</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Balor's Longsword - Proc instant kill
Diatem
Sojourner

Postby Diatem » Sun Mar 11, 2001 7:31 am

oh my, how did we miss the obvious one...

2h Gith!

Proc'ed vorporal (behead, instant kill), proc'ed summon Gith Knight, and proc'ed break
Iaiken
Sojourner

Postby Iaiken » Sun Mar 11, 2001 9:45 am

shimmering holy sword of the planetar Proc heal
Huge Cold Iron Hammer of SkullSmashing proc Bash
gleaming holy long sword proc dispel evil
Morningstar of Righteousness Proc Protection from evil

All I can think of...
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Sun Mar 11, 2001 3:49 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Cirath Uruxx Kalith etc:
<B>Is it just me or did all of the pallie swords have really nice procs? personally i think stone, heal, armor, bless, dispel magic, area dispel magic, dispel evil, area dispel evil is just insane for any one peice of eq. but then thats just me

*compares holy and unholy avengers and realizes why a pallie can slap him around and call him susan*

Cir</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow Cir... are these the same swords we speak of? If I remember correctly the only two problems with the unholy were that it poisoned you and it provided no protection. Ambram offensive proc was area dispel evil (a lot of people said it was holy word; maybe it once was, but I saw it quite a few times and it did the dispel evil text). Aside from that, it did heal and stoneskin sometimes. Pretty great for leveling or solo exploration, but in a group, you'd have dscale anyhow, and you'd need fheal.

On the other hand, the unholy made you bloodlust or berserk, with some sort of superhaste that made you hit 8x/rnd when it kicked in. Plus, it used to proc off its own procs. I think it's better due to the fact that you just can't get those effects elsewhere (can you?). And I think the unholy had more pluses.

O for a Majorglobe weapon... *sigh*
-Mori
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Sun Mar 11, 2001 3:57 pm

shoot...
after seeing the name of the item.. I'm remembering. The unholy avenger you speak of merely heals wounds. Am I thinking of Doombringer? :P

I do remember that other boot the evils had Ambram before the goodies did.

and... gaudy crown proc'd MP/PWB
oh yeah, Nightbringer proc'd sleep (had decent dam stats but could get dangerously annoying)
adamantium mace enshrouded in mist proc'd area blind on command.

[This message has been edited by moritheil (edited 03-11-2001).]
Trogar
Sojourner

Postby Trogar » Sun Mar 11, 2001 4:05 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by moritheil:
<B>shoot...
after seeing the name of the item.. I'm remembering. The unholy avenger you speak of merely heals wounds. Am I thinking of Doombringer? :P </B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Na, Doombringer procced um.. I forget what it was called, but it was pure spam :P. It also had a proc that would nuke any mob once every 8 hours.

Tro
Mirlantharn
Sojourner

Postby Mirlantharn » Sun Mar 11, 2001 4:34 pm

What was the one spanky, goodie sword that would proc random world teleport every once in a blue moon? Image Or shall there just be rumors of the *ahem* ocean trip without the ship?

-Mirlantharn (late Soj 1, entire Soj 2, soon to be Soj 3).
Tagad
Sojourner

Postby Tagad » Sun Mar 11, 2001 5:03 pm

Here are some artifacts/uniques and just uncommon items which were missed.

A sword named "Lightning" - proc chain lightning (removed, Unique, Aryk the Crusader)

Woundhealer - proc heal/cure crit (removed, Unique, Lloric)

Orb of Lightning - Proc double lightning bolt (Old Yan, Unique, Kurz, Ghormal? Llorics warrior, Moch)

Zhentil Flamberge - Proc faerie fire (Zhentil Keep)

A Titanic Mithril Broad Sword - Proc double lightning bolt (Unique, owned by Ranon)

Doombringer the Sword of Chaos - Proc Blur (Garosh, Tenen, Tok, Moch... then deleted, Originally from Imix, Artifact)

Doombringer the Sword of Eternal Chaos - Proc Blur, Command word to destroy all mobs in room no loot, double bolt as well I belive (Relic, Trogar)

Avernus the Lifestealer - Proc Lifesteal (Artifact, Kurz, Kanthas)

Avernus the Lifestealer of Arex the Great - Proc Lifesteal, Proc Save Life, Proc Cat Pounce (Relic, Kurz, Kanthas)

Mystical War Axe of the Barbarian Cheiftans - Proc Double Harm, Heal Wielder (2 Existed Uniques, Nelor? and... someone else)

The Mystical Warhammer of the Barbarian Kings - Double Full Harm, Full Heal wielder (Artifact, Gorsh, Tagad)

The Mystical Warhammer of the Barbarian Kings 2.0 - Super Bolt, Super Heal, All PCs in room knocked to knees (Relic, Tagad)

The Mystical Warhammer of the Barbarian Kings 3.0 - Downed Super Bolt, Downed Super Heal, knock to knees removed (Relic, Tagad)

Tiamats Poison Stinger - Proc Lifesteal (Artifact, Neverremembernameofwielder)

A Drusus Named "Fade" - Invis On Command (Unique, Ilshadrial)

A Drusus Named "Fade" 2.0 - Lots of little things, Blind? Lifestealmaby? (Relic, Ilshadrial)

A Falchion Named "Mage Bane" - Major Globe on self once per day, may have also done feeble mind random not sure (Unique, Sjesko)

The Holy Avenger of the Crystal Rose - Random Stone Skin, Area Effect Dispell Evil, all other powers of Holy Avenger (Unique Restring, Eagaydds -- sorry for misspelling I dont have any logs handy)

The Mighty Battle Axe of Frulghiem the Slayer - Proc Bigbys Clenched Fist (Artifact, Draaz, Someoneelse in Pride of Sabertooth much later)

Rod of the Sungod or some such - Proc No Fail, No Con Loss Res 1x per day. Proc "Dimensional Warp" once per week. (Relic, Toddrick)

Sandalwood Figurine - Summon Bugbear, one use, from that little shore city north of WD.

Chalice of the Elven Gods - Elf Only, Group Heal Once per week Not sure if they ever made this one work (Greycloak Lich Quest)

Ancient Oaken Staff something or other - Proc Summon Treant (Relic, Liran)

Jurdex's AxesorryIforgotthename - Proc Group Full Heal? Kill wielder if harming body type animal? (Relic, Jurdex)

Glass Stilleto - Proc Shatter, destroyed self (Nizari)

Faith - Not only did it have the heal, it also had a less invoked holy word or dispell evil once per day.

Trolls Tooth - Teleport to Swamps (Troll King)

Stalkers Mask - Honorable Mention, Gave wearer Sneak and Hide abilities, rumored to have been a quest reward in IC for helping Mrykl? the Assassin/Bountyhunter dude. Was seen during Pkill day.

Crystal Pendant on a ? Cord? - Area Effect Full Heal 3 Charges (Reward for Ressurection Quest)

The Staff of the Fiery Skies - 100 Charges of Meteor Swarm (Tiamat)

Jubelixes Twisted Staff of the Horde 20 Charges of Meteor Swarm (Jubelix)

Tagad Sigil

[This message has been edited by Tagad (edited 03-11-2001).]
Tagad
Sojourner

Postby Tagad » Sun Mar 11, 2001 5:06 pm

Oh yea, the Holy Avenger of Ahbrams would randomly teleport to another room in the world if an evil character had it in their possession. I belive it was Thanuk who looted one once and it teleported to the middle of the Ocean when we did a locate object on it...

Faith would turn itself into a 1d1 if it possessed by anyone but a paladin, the Unholy Avenger would do the same for anti's back in the day to.

K thx

Tagad Sigil
Cirath Uruxx Kalith etc
Sojourner

Postby Cirath Uruxx Kalith etc » Mon Mar 12, 2001 4:43 am

"Oh yea, the Holy Avenger of Ahbrams would randomly teleport to another room in the world if an evil character had it in their possession"

heh, i remember that. back during toril when i was playing an evil barb warrior Brugg (then Lergin) and i were heading back to WD after doing exp for a while and i saw a really nifty sword on the ground. i picked it up, it screamed, carved its name in my chest droping me to 1hp and disapeared. directly after that the pallie who droped it wandered in and asked where it was. i told him. he cried.

Cir
Wargo
Sojourner

Postby Wargo » Mon Mar 12, 2001 3:10 pm

Heh, the cool arti procs. Tiamat's Poison Stinger was owned by Lariae, an Eye ranger I believe. She had the most unreal natural hp as a half-elf ranger (too high). I used to grouped with her with my ranger in Joth's group.

Also, I believe the Elven Chalice is from Erlan's quest and not from Lich's quest.

Wargo
Vearn
Sojourner

Postby Vearn » Mon Mar 12, 2001 10:35 pm

Balor Sword!...Thanks Blung to remind us. woo i still remember when it proc on Sultan!.. make Brass Run much easier than ever... haha. that was fun.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Tue Mar 13, 2001 3:13 am

Re: Tagad
Last thing i remember is Brog obtaining the axe in a pride/order quest. but this was like a year b4 soj1 closed...
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Tue Mar 13, 2001 12:41 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Mirlantharn:
<B>What was the one spanky, goodie sword that would proc random world teleport every once in a blue moon? Image Or shall there just be rumors of the *ahem* ocean trip without the ship?

-Mirlantharn (late Soj 1, entire Soj 2, soon to be Soj 3).</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mir!!!! *Rar!* You me and Ven to bucks! quick! hehe. Remember me?
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Tue Mar 13, 2001 1:12 pm

Thats right Tagad.

Thanuk Tell you, 'Hey Corth. Whats up? Hey... do you know where I can find "the shining sea"?'

Corth

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”