Heaven and Hell.

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Jegzed
Sojourner

Heaven and Hell.

Postby Jegzed » Thu Jul 18, 2002 1:56 pm

Found something fun on a website...

<I>
The temperature of Heaven can be rather accurately computed. Our authority is the Bible, Isaiah 30:26, describing Heaven: Moreover, the light of the moon shall be as the light of the sun and the light of the sun shall be sevenfold as the light of seven days. Thus, Heaven receives from the moon as much radiation as the Earth does from the sun, and in addition seven times seven (forty-nine) times as much as the Earth does from the sun, or 50 times in all. The light we receive from the moon is 1/10,000 of the light we receive from the sun, so we can ignore that. The radiation falling on Heaven will heat it to the point where the heat lost by radiation is just equal to the heat received by radiation, i.e., Heaven loses 50 times as much heat as the Earth by radiation. Using the Stephan-Boltzmann fourth power law for radiation, we have (H/E)4 = 50 where E is the absolute temperature of the Earth, 300 K (27 C). This gives H, the absolute temperature of Heaven, as 798 K (525 C)! (For old-fashioned Americans, that's close to 1,000 degrees Fahrenheit. Your kitchen oven won't get nearly that hot.)
The exact temperature of Hell cannot be computed. However, Revelation 21:8 says: But the fearful and unbelieving... shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone. A lake of molten brimstone (or sulfur) means that its temperature must be at or below the boiling point, 444.6 C (above that point, it would be a vapor, not a lake). We have, then, that Heaven, at 525 C, is hotter than Hell, at less than 445 C.

So who says that the Bible has no accurate and useful scientific data?
</I>

------------------
/Jegzed - Sorcere Master - Crimson Coalition
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Thu Jul 18, 2002 2:40 pm

rofl!

i wonder at what pressure they are basing these calculations off on. Water boils at a much lower temperature at higher altitudes. Assuming there is some truthfulness to the belief that "hell" is significantly below heaven or in the depths of the earth, a lake of brimstone could be under significantly higher pressure and therefore achieve much higher temperatures before vaporizing.

Therefore, I conclude this article was written by an aethiest with an agenda and has no scientific basis. He prolly has a dog named god too.
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Fri Jul 19, 2002 2:05 am

Rofl! Bible = poopy childres stories!

Kiyran, you are a master of the obvious. If he were christian he would do what every other christian would do...follow the popes example and leave out what discredits the bible and it inconcistancies. The artical would have never been writen by a christian.

------------------
Kifle "Didn't there used to be some kind of invis cloak?" ButteryFingers

[This message has been edited by Kifle (edited 07-18-2002).]
Gromikazer
Sojourner

Postby Gromikazer » Fri Jul 19, 2002 5:28 am

Oops. Deleted. I don't want to start a holy flame war. :P

[This message has been edited by Gromikazer (edited 07-19-2002).]
sok
Sojourner

Postby sok » Fri Jul 19, 2002 9:33 pm

do we need to start this up again?

http://www.sojourn3.org/ubb/Forum1/HTML/001308.html

i have come to a conclusion where i dont care where u go. enjoy Image weather it be to heaven, hell, earth, aliens, dust, valhalla, watever, it is pointless to argue debate discuss cuz u will believe wat u want and i can't change u and u can't change me.

dont gives a rat bootie

sok

[This message has been edited by sok (edited 07-19-2002).]

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”