Equipmant

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Quorlas
Sojourner

Equipmant

Postby Quorlas » Mon Mar 12, 2001 10:01 am

Ive never played a non pkill mud, so im just wonder how eq would work. like on a p kill mud eq is spread around when someone kills another. What happens when someone gets an arti on sojourn? wouldnt he have it for the whole wipe? can someone fill me in pls? thanks

just wonderin....
Tilandal
Sojourner

Postby Tilandal » Mon Mar 12, 2001 10:14 am

Well, yes and no. Back in the day getting an artifact item was a realy big deal. There were only a handful of them and they were powerful. Usualy if you got one you kept it or maybe lent it to a close friend or guild member. Artifacts were taken out in Soj2 and they are not comign back. So prety much anyone can get every item if they tried hard enough but there are so many items that last wipe many items remained unfound.
Quorlas
Sojourner

Postby Quorlas » Mon Mar 12, 2001 10:54 am

Well thanks for the awnser but i also have another couple questions about sojourn.

Whats the insentive to play? In p kill obviously its to kill others, eg (Duris has racewars, so objective would be to win the war for that wipe)what makes you want to keep playing?

And finally, sojourn has an evil and goodie side right? so if they is no p kill between the sides is the only reason to play an evil just for the benifits those races hold?

i know its alot of questions but im only familiar with p kill so im just tryin to find out how things work here before i come and try it out.

[This message has been edited by Quorlas (edited 03-12-2001).]
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Mon Mar 12, 2001 11:06 am

Sojourn is mainly a skill mud. People play for fun and to interact with others of their ilk. Most on here are either tired of pkill muds, or just don't like them. The zones are very challenging, and contain some of the most thought out descriptions and quests you could think of.

I guess my personal goal on Sojourn muds, in past and future, is just to have fun and be challenged. Getting a new item is all well and good, but frankly, it took away from my fun in the past, the rat-race for 'stuff'. I don't do that anymore, and have put down my gloves in that arena. I play to be the best I can, protect my group, talk to friends, do awesome zones, and make new friends. Image

Sorry I'm tired... Hope that was coherent.

Mal
Thalen
Sojourner

Postby Thalen » Mon Mar 12, 2001 11:17 am

The incentive I have to play is to feed the physical dependency and prevent trouble associated with withdrawing - headaches, nausea and if left for too long, death from a heart attack.
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Mon Mar 12, 2001 4:39 pm

Doing the longest hardest zones on any mud

Learning those quests only a handful of other people know about, getting that spanky item and telling nobody how to do it!

Just having fun!
Brugg
Sojourner

Postby Brugg » Tue Mar 13, 2001 10:56 pm

After reading this thread i want to say thank you. There was an obvious window there to flame another mud and you guys took the high road and didnt do it. Im so proud SHERMAN SHERMAN SHERMAN!
Zoldren
Sojourner

Postby Zoldren » Tue Mar 13, 2001 11:14 pm

Such thing as another mud? Image
I enjoy Soj for the pure enjoyment of friends..also friends getting together to do stuff they have no chance at or wonder around or do somethin totaly fun like Jot Gatehouse woot!!

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”