My first spank :)

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Natis
Sojourner

My first spank :)

Postby Natis » Tue Sep 24, 2002 2:39 am

Well I went off with about 5 other people today on the pirate ship. We were doing great,loads of xp.

Next we go to Captain Miplit? I think thats his name. Everything starts out ok then all of a sudden our tank drops to nasty wounds.....then pretty hurt. So that he could flee,I fled outta there. We all grouped up and were O.K. Our tank had 1 hit left tho,outta 1000. We rested there 4 about 5 minutes when all of a sudden... The door is opened from the other side. Captain Mitil enters from the east. Bam! I saw him and ran like a lil school girl. All of a sudden....I hear a death cry...and one of our warriors left the group. Then, I hear another death cry...there goes our other warrior. By then I thought the captain was probably near dead. Another death cry. There goes our cleric. One more and thats the invoker. I then looked east and saw our stoner fighting the captain.

I frantically rest and try to pray up word of recall. Here comes our stoner fleeing in from the east and casts invis on himself. Then comes Captain Miplit Boom with one hits he knocks me into nast wounds. I flee,not knowing that the guy tracks. Then bam he hits me again after I fled,look at all the pretty stars! Then of course I die. But I still feel better that I distracted him long enough for our stoner to not die Image

What I learned,ALWAYS keep a word of recall at hand.

------------------
The salesman tries to sell the dung to the a magnificent heavy warhorse.
Risaros
Sojourner

Postby Risaros » Tue Sep 24, 2002 5:10 am

Always make sure the stoner lives:P
Azenilsee
Sojourner

Postby Azenilsee » Tue Sep 24, 2002 5:54 am

ALWAYS keep 2 word of recall at hand. Image

------------------
Azenilsee - Faern Dalharil - Orbdrin D'Oloth
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Tue Sep 24, 2002 9:04 am

If you kill off both your warriors, you better make damn sure you die with them Image

------------------
Thanuk Pantherclaw
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Tue Sep 24, 2002 11:17 am

Curiosity's sake here .. was the chanter too low level to cast mass invis to protect you too???

------------------
Ambar -= Beloved Matron =- Crimson Coalition
loshaenar
Sojourner

Postby loshaenar » Tue Sep 24, 2002 12:10 pm

heh.. no no no!!

risaros..right on :P u da man.

a parrot hits thanuk in the throat! RIP!

u may find that as u get on, alot of folks will have problems with cleric types who up and word when the scheiss hit da fan etc. no view personally.. but keep it in mind Image

loshe
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Tue Sep 24, 2002 1:18 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Natis:
<B> We all grouped up and were O.K. Our tank had 1 hit left tho,outta 1000.

What I learned,ALWAYS keep a word of recall at hand.
</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yer not ok when your tank has 1 hp =)

Azuth tells you 'leader supposed to go down with the ship!'

Grats!

------------------
Amemna tells you 'SEX!! :)'
Gort
Sojourner

Postby Gort » Tue Sep 24, 2002 5:10 pm

Tank had 1k hps, you had a stoner, a healer, and a nuker, and you still had issues? What level was the cleric? !full heal?

BTW, always keep 2 invis and 2 word prayed.

Toplack

------------------
Innova
Sojourner

Postby Innova » Tue Sep 24, 2002 5:52 pm

I was there also, one healer (druid) was afk w/o saying so. Our main healer (Full Heal Cleric) needed to go afk mid-fight (and said so, but we assumed the other healer was there), hence no heals = death.

------------------
http://bucklemke.com
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Tue Sep 24, 2002 7:22 pm

Yep.. I actually had closer to 1100.

The backup healer kept going afk without bothering to say so. The primary healer had a midfight emergency, so she had to afk really quick. The rest of us were covering the fight. When we fled, before Miplit tracked, the druid miraculously came back to the keyboard... And started healing people other than the tank. That boggled me.

I just felt bad for the afk cleric who died needlessly. The exp tables for clerics suck, and dying like that sucks.

So.. Lesson learned. If you afk in an exp group with me again without warning more than once (barring extreme emergency, which this absolutely was not), I will throw you out of my group, or leave the group. In this instance, I was along for the ride and not leading.

------------------
Malacar - omg ymir!
Natis
Sojourner

Postby Natis » Wed Sep 25, 2002 12:42 am

If I'm in a group,I will always heal the tank before I heal myself. Even if it means death for me. As long as if they don't drag their ass CRing, and if the warrior doesn't flee at few wounds.

------------------
Natis
Sojourner

Postby Natis » Wed Sep 25, 2002 12:46 am

In reply to ambar I fled outta there so fast,he didn't have a chance to,and our stoner was an elementalist also.

------------------
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Wed Sep 25, 2002 1:44 am

ahh okie

sorry it happened Image but it does happen to the best of them

hugs and keep pluggin Image

------------------
Ambar -= Beloved Matron =- Crimson Coalition
Gindipple
Sojourner

Postby Gindipple » Wed Sep 25, 2002 11:28 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Natis:
<B>If I'm in a group,I will always heal the tank before I heal myself. Even if it means death for me. As long as if they don't drag their ass CRing, and if the warrior doesn't flee at few wounds.
</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You'll find there are times to heal yourself before the tank. If cleric dies they can't heal anyone else for the duration. This doesn't even get into the part about if you have ress.

PS. You probably shouldn't even be on da ship at your lvl Image

------------------
Gindipple (Gnome) stands here.
Moja
Sojourner

Postby Moja » Wed Oct 02, 2002 2:13 am

I personaaly led that spanked group on the ship. It was my first spank as well. I knew that the cleric was AFK when we started the fight. With the Ele. stoner and the druid I did not think it mattered much. The druid went AFK during the fight as near as I can tell and the Malacar got no healing at all. We soon had to flee out and I made sure the door was closed to stop a track (noobie mistake). Our druid came back on and healed me but not Malacar. When the door opened and Malacar was attacked I ran to rescue him. I was the second warrior death as I had !stone. I will make sure that the main tank is healed first and both have stone if at all poss. in the future as soon as the group is out of the room.

I take full responsabity for what happened and assuming everyone knew what they were doing instead of making sure before the fight.

Truly sorry but I will do better in the future.

------------------
Silly Dorf
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Wed Oct 02, 2002 10:17 pm

bleh nothing beats the time i tooka few people to HP (who remembers when HP was xp?? :P) .... i was pretty much blind drunk ... and err um .. i dropped the whole group into a tar pit ....

Shalia (me) words and runs back, summons the whole group outta pit .. moves to HP ... think i made it to HP ... but passed out at the tree ... i really was drunk *smirk*

keep trying .. even the best leaders have had booboo trips ... big hugs and mad props Image

-me
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Wed Oct 02, 2002 10:38 pm

Moja you did fine.

You can't take the blame for someone going AFK without bothering to say so.

------------------
Malacar - omg ymir!

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”