Exp a chore.. ?? Well How About......

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
loshaenar
Sojourner

Exp a chore.. ?? Well How About......

Postby loshaenar » Tue Oct 08, 2002 11:17 am

ok..this is prolly gonna cop a flamin..but anyways.. we all agree that the large amounts of monotonous exp here is grating..and everyone wants to get round to zoning, sitting 1w with all the cool boardhuggers etc. WELL..

Once upon a while ago, i played medievia...and every month they have 1 day which is designated to DOUBLE EXP. Self explanatory really.. but people tried their darndest to make it on this day etc etc..sometimes in the last 30 mins of double exp day they even kranked it up to triple and QUAD exp.. oh baby..needless to say.. people ACTUALLY looked forward to doing exp.. and could give u more time to hoard hoard your ET earrings etc etc..

Sooooo..foodback peeps ? admin types... ?
mum ..??

cheers
Loshe
Gindipple
Sojourner

Postby Gindipple » Tue Oct 08, 2002 3:33 pm

LOL!

------------------
Gindipple (Gnome) stands here.
Zoldren
Sojourner

Postby Zoldren » Tue Oct 08, 2002 4:59 pm

ya played a mud when a certain amount of people where online playing xp was doubled

------------------
MoM-D
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Tue Oct 08, 2002 5:21 pm

When is double eq day? Image

------------------
Thanuk Pantherclaw
Xisiqomelir
Sojourner

Postby Xisiqomelir » Tue Oct 08, 2002 7:00 pm

No

------------------
Cherzra- "My only innate is max 10 evils on"
Maedor
Sojourner

Postby Maedor » Tue Oct 08, 2002 7:10 pm

One problem I see with this is that the people who have put in the insane number of hours and days required to acheive level 50 get their accomplishment diminished because people don't want to work as hard as them, yet have what they have.

Why don't yall just let every newbie get set to level 50. Yeah! That'd be cool. I could have no knowledge of anything and be able to cast dscales or death pact. Yeah..that'd rule! /me watches all the experienced players move on. On the plus side, that'd be a good way top help everyone kick the habit Image

Greg
sok
Sojourner

Postby sok » Tue Oct 08, 2002 7:24 pm

i like it. everyone has alts cept todrael. bring on the double xp, but i actually like doing 2 man smoke xp now. when u getting insane amount of xp it's actually fun cuz u can see yourself notching every kill or every other kill.
Botef
Sojourner

Postby Botef » Tue Oct 08, 2002 7:49 pm

Personally I play this game because of the level of realism and the large focus on keeping things in character.

While the idea of gaining more XP on a given day is certainly tempting I don't see how slicing a Kobold in two on a tuesday is any more beneficial then a wednesday and thus would not like to see something like this go into effect.

Certainly not bad, for other MUDs perhaps.

~Botef
Daz
Sojourner

Postby Daz » Tue Oct 08, 2002 8:09 pm

When I played on medievia, it took me exactly 1,100 hours of playtime to get to level 124. I played nonstop for just under 4 months to hero. Double xp was nice, but it usually happened at times when it didn't help me. I doubt sojourn will ever implement things like that. If sojourn DOES implement any of Medievia's ideas, id MUCH rather see Herobattles :P

------------------
The wardens of the cage disallow all commands except say, petition, project and help
Glorishan
Sojourner

Postby Glorishan » Tue Oct 08, 2002 8:12 pm

Level 50 used to mean something, let's not take away what it has left.

Glorishan

------------------
Gormal group-says 'damn im worthless'
Daz
Sojourner

Postby Daz » Tue Oct 08, 2002 8:27 pm

hah, as long as there are places like ship and smoke, i don't believe level 50 means anything anymore - except "time to roll an alt"

------------------
The wardens of the cage disallow all commands except say, petition, project and help
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Tue Oct 08, 2002 9:02 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by sok:
i like it. everyone has alts cept todrael. bring on the double xp, but i actually like doing 2 man smoke xp now. when u getting insane amount of xp it's actually fun cuz u can see yourself notching every kill or every other kill.</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

todrael has alts.

------------------
[Erevan] Our elite team of gods will be watching for equip campers.... beware...
Erevan OOC: 'One god is specifically assigned to Dartan :P'
Kiaransalee OOC: 'rangers suck'
Iyachtu OOC: 'and a lovely nite it is :)'
Zoldren
Sojourner

Postby Zoldren » Tue Oct 08, 2002 9:29 pm

uping exp does effect the game in only one aspect.

xp vs deaths

all xp' "n00bs" etc still level no matter whut

i could not count the lvl 50 n00bs on one hand i doubt anyone could...

lvl 50 means you can loose more xp than anyone else, lvl 50 means your skills are closer to max *laugh, only on people who actualy work skills*....

lvl 50 is like titles/assoc and othewise... it used to mean something

changing xp wont matter a bit, but then again if they did do something like this, then you would probably see more increase in loss of xp on deaths.... instead of 2-6 you would see 8-16 % loss....

------------------
MoM-D
Todrael
Sojourner

Postby Todrael » Wed Oct 09, 2002 12:35 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dalar:
todrael has alts.</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nuh uh.

------------------
-Todrael Azz'miala, Ravager

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 09, 2002 5:10 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Todrael:
<B> Nuh uh.
</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whoa. For a second there I thought the very time/space fabric had been ripped! Image
combatmedic
Sojourner

Postby combatmedic » Wed Oct 09, 2002 6:25 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Iyachtu:
Whoa. For a second there I thought the very time/space fabric had been ripped! Image</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hehehe..figures you couldn't handle the full force of his verbal skillz.

------------------
"Tracer fire works both ways"

Dalen the super paly.
Aram the novice paly.

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”