No sweatshops

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Fura
Sojourner

No sweatshops

Postby Fura » Wed Oct 16, 2002 3:40 pm

http://www.nosweatapparel.com/ is an online company selling clothes that were not made in sweatshops. They cite who made the clothes, even who did the printing. The people who make these clothes get benefits and fair wages.

Right now, they sell T-shirts and women's athletic apparel - sports bras and pants.

I don't have the money to buy anything there, but it's an opportunity to buy some stuff in a good range of sizes, for what looks like a competitive price, and know where your money went.

It looks like the beginning of a good way to do things...
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Wed Oct 16, 2002 3:59 pm

Wow if this becomes popular there will be many former sweatshop employees who now are really up shit creek....

Corth

------------------
Goddamned slippery mage.
Rausrh
Sojourner

Postby Rausrh » Wed Oct 16, 2002 4:23 pm

Yeah, how dare you run that 6 year old out of a job!!!
:P

------------------
Rausrh licks you.
Krogenar
Sojourner

Postby Krogenar » Wed Oct 16, 2002 11:37 pm

Wow... I went there and expected to see T-shirts on sale for about $90 each. Image Down with Unions! Boo!!!

------------------
- Krogenar
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Thu Oct 17, 2002 10:44 am

I have to admit though that i am impressed with this company. I wish i had the idea first. Theres a huge market out there of people who care about whether their clothes were made in a sweatshop. If they would pay me a couple bucks more per shirt, i'd be happy to only hire workers from wealthy countries. Actually, I gotta give this some thought. I bet theres a lot of money i can make selling stuff to leftists.... Perhaps some tee-shirts made out of hemp by unionized employees with a big picture of Sadaam on the front. Yeah!

Corth

------------------
Goddamned slippery mage.

[This message has been edited by Corth (edited 10-17-2002).]
Daz
Sojourner

Postby Daz » Thu Oct 17, 2002 10:53 am

I'm going to start my marketing push for recycling condoms. All are welcome for free product samples.

------------------
The wardens of the cage disallow all commands except say, petition, project and help
Krogenar
Sojourner

Postby Krogenar » Thu Oct 17, 2002 1:07 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Corth:
<B>I have to admit though that i am impressed with this company. I wish i had the idea first. Theres a huge market out there of people who care about whether their clothes were made in a sweatshop. If they would pay me a couple bucks more per shirt, i'd be happy to only hire workers from wealthy countries. Actually, I gotta give this some thought. I bet theres a lot of money i can make selling stuff to leftists.... Perhaps some tee-shirts made out of hemp by unionized employees with a big picture of Sadaam on the front. Yeah!

Corth

</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We should start selling 'Down with Capitalism!' T-shirts, Corth. We could sell them for a lot of money.

Fields a call from 'Evil Businessman'...
Krogenar: "Yeah, I need 5,000 crimson red cotton T's."
Evil Businessman: "Wou want Extra-Large, Large or Medium?"
Krogenar: "Make 'em small, we'll save money. They're just going to rip the sleeves off anyway."
Evil Businessman: (cackles) Mwa-hahahah!!!
Krogenar: (titters, then erupts into laughter) Hahahahah!! (leans back in his swiveling plush leather chair, and lights a cigar with a C-note.)

Three years later, 'Kommunist Klothes' is grossing 4.5 million in sales. Image

Actually, there is a market for Commie-related merchandise! The following link http://www.cafeshops.com/cp/store.aspx?s=dotcommunist leads to a great little e-store where you can purchase your very own Che Guevarra Tote Bag! It's at the bottom of the page. Clicking on the image for the tote bag provides for even more laughs. The little blurb for the bag read:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Haul this along to your next conference to grab all those corporate giveaways without the heartbreak of cheesy logo shopping bags.</font>

The heartbreak?! I love capitalism. Image

------------------
- Krogenar

[This message has been edited by Krogenar (edited 10-17-2002).]
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Thu Oct 17, 2002 2:47 pm

Eheh Krogenar, yeah that would be an ironic business for one of us to get into... but if the money is good who could complain? Image

Corth

------------------
Goddamned slippery mage.

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”