Another brilliant topic by.. Ok, just another topic.

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Rhelath
Sojourner

Another brilliant topic by.. Ok, just another topic.

Postby Rhelath » Thu Feb 15, 2001 9:59 pm

Well, it's about 10 minutes before I go into work yet again, so here with yet another innane question to keep people talking and to give me something to read, here I go.

What was everyone's one, personal favorite piece of equipment? Just anything.

Not all to sure what I liked better. Having the kids from BS in one of my bags was always fun. But I collected hordes of junk equipment. So, anyone else?
Brugg
Sojourner

Postby Brugg » Fri Feb 16, 2001 12:06 am

Well my personal favorite was that Flaming Longsword. It looked awesome, hit hard (very hard) and was rare, only drawback was that it didnt proc. Thanks to Rushug for mine! it rocked!
Averyn
Sojourner

Postby Averyn » Fri Feb 16, 2001 12:41 am

I have a Faerie Goggle fetish.. Always did, still do, i'm thumpin up and down thinkin about it... thumpthumpthumpthumpthump

AD
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Fri Feb 16, 2001 12:49 am

A spiked trollhide shield!

That's not actually my favorite item, but, um, my favorite one shouldn't be mentioned in polite company. Let's just say it had something to do with trollish birth control. Image
Dranix/Straxin
Sojourner

Postby Dranix/Straxin » Fri Feb 16, 2001 2:53 am

My favorite was always the White Hot Firey Mace...It could be used by every class and had a damn cool looking proc. ImageEven though i never had one of my own some of my friends let me borrow theirs for a wile and it rocked. But eq that i personally had would be the Glittering Golden Mask it was just cool. Image

Dranix/Straxin/Strugg/Laxxraan/Stazzix
Treladian
Sojourner

Postby Treladian » Fri Feb 16, 2001 3:16 am

Mine would be emerald gauntlets. My gear kinda sucked last time around (gleaming holy long sword at level 42! Watch me whiff on wraiths and have my proc eaten by globes!) but those gauntlets were very nice. I liked the green ANSI (for a while my eq had ANSI that made me look like a rainbow, then I started getting the standard mid level hitter gear that's pretty much all black and yellow ANSI. Eventually it started going back to mixed colors though with the gauntlets really standing out for me.), I liked the zone it came from, I particularly liked doing that zone at 5 am after being up all night when I suddenly got a tell from Touk I think and we just piled on bashers since only one invoker was on and going through parts of Hell and SG by just beating down mobs the old fashioned way, and winning the bid by one number. Other items I had were more useful and some come close in terms of my fondness for them, but I have more memories attached to the gauntlets than to my other items (though my rhemo cloak comes close).
Koric
Sojourner

Postby Koric » Fri Feb 16, 2001 3:24 am

a small barrel
only 3 gold!
Vylel
Sojourner

Postby Vylel » Fri Feb 16, 2001 3:27 am

I'd have to say that the Flaming Stiletto... I know it was nothing special, but it was one of the first things I got ('bout 3 or so years ago) & I thought "WOW, a 'real' weapon... at one time at level 10 I had, like, seven... or was it six... it was one of those...

[This message has been edited by Vylel (edited 02-15-2001).]
Zuurn Shatter Skull
Sojourner

Postby Zuurn Shatter Skull » Fri Feb 16, 2001 4:21 am

Mine would have to be either my onyx rings or my elegantly deadly katana. Didnt have much eq to look at right before wipe, I was gettin there tho Image

-Z
Thalor
Sojourner

Postby Thalor » Fri Feb 16, 2001 5:05 am

Hrmm, my favorite equipment after the wipe...It would have to be the emerald longswords that used to have haste. It was an utter piece of crap and must've taken us ( I think it was Faedril, Treladian, and a raelly nice cleric whose name escapes me ) an hour or two to get. I was hoping to grab the antique longsword for the style points, but apparently some evil areas forger had taken it out =P I also liked the popcorn ball from the halloween invasion, it was worth the level worth of EXP...damn vampire lord!
My engulfed longsword took me forever to get as well, so that's right up there too, plus the proc looked cool. ( thanks to those who helped me grab that one, too! ) Hrmm...I'll stop now, I could list all my EQ =P Had a blast getting it all.

-Thalor Duskriver, who can't think up a clever title
Revenki
Sojourner

Postby Revenki » Fri Feb 16, 2001 5:15 am

My favorite would have to be Fen the dragons sword, I think it was a longsword of rippling flames. Awesome proc and looked good with my quest sword from barbie town, forgot the name of it, but they had the same ansi coloring and looked good when I dualled them on my barbarian warrior Sordak.

Revenki et al.
Tilandal
Sojourner

Postby Tilandal » Fri Feb 16, 2001 5:18 am

For style points nothing beats gnomish starting equ. You got a tent peg for a weapon, cannoe shoes, and gnomish goggles. All of it sucked but hey the goggles were pretty much the only eyewear you could get so early in the game :P
Saitcho
Sojourner

Postby Saitcho » Fri Feb 16, 2001 6:06 am

tongue on a stick.

wink
Frensolith
Sojourner

Postby Frensolith » Fri Feb 16, 2001 6:07 am

Elf Burgers!!!!

Frensolith, Elven Warrior

[This message has been edited by Frensolith (edited 02-16-2001).]
Vazzgo
Sojourner

Postby Vazzgo » Fri Feb 16, 2001 6:23 am

That invisibility cloak rocked, just having one of those came really handy, specially on those rush situations..
Calinth
Sojourner

Postby Calinth » Fri Feb 16, 2001 7:08 am

My favorite piece of eq would have to be my rhemo cloak, cause that's what kept my stupid ass alive when I wandered into a volcano by accident. *whap me*
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Fri Feb 16, 2001 8:38 am

Volo boots.

I'd rather have boots then isha, hole, dragonkind helm, and 2 mage staffs combined.
Thengil
Sojourner

Postby Thengil » Fri Feb 16, 2001 9:46 am

My Imix cloak was nice and sparkly Image Also, I loved my Ambran (for obvious reasons)
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Fri Feb 16, 2001 10:19 am

Guess.
Galkar
Sojourner

Postby Galkar » Fri Feb 16, 2001 1:47 pm

I always liked that rose that the Vermillion (i think) shop sold in the bazaar in WD. As to actual equipment, I always like the redweave sleeves, don't know why, just always did. The emerald ls was kewl too, when it was hasted.
belleshel
Sojourner

Postby belleshel » Fri Feb 16, 2001 2:10 pm

Moonblade, it was a crap weapon but the rp aspects for a grey were cool, and its quest was fun (just need and enchanter bud). Oh windsong was okay too.
Belle
Jegzed
Sojourner

Postby Jegzed » Fri Feb 16, 2001 2:25 pm

a porcelain dollface mask

*nuff said*

/Jegzed
Tayros
Sojourner

Postby Tayros » Fri Feb 16, 2001 3:55 pm

Raspberries!!!!!

My halfling, Tyrrin, would pull into WD with bags of them!!
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Fri Feb 16, 2001 4:00 pm

Gotta say my fave was Dawnsfire... When I was the only one with it, I'd go into skeletons with it and just watch it repeatedly proc for alignment work helping friends.. Was hella cool too. Image

Mal
Bibbe
Sojourner

Postby Bibbe » Fri Feb 16, 2001 4:37 pm

Straightback Dirk!!!!!
'cause it was my first kick ass item, long ago in "toril" when i found the rare with Pidd my halfling thief.

It was kickass for him. A flaming stiletto and a straithback dirk in other hand. whoo hasted thief. I kicked ass. (back than it really did)

Anyways, it's my fav, since it was my first really cool item, and i still remember when i got it. (found it, I refuse to say where, though most know by now)

Eumm is is still haste and stuffs?
Elscint
Sojourner

Postby Elscint » Fri Feb 16, 2001 4:44 pm

a spiffy cap with a feather stuck in it

just makes me laugh imagining a 3'5'' halfling walking down the street of silks wearing a spiffy cap with a feather stuck in it.

Elscint Hairytoes (The Halfling Sorcerer)
azzixxenae
Sojourner

Postby azzixxenae » Fri Feb 16, 2001 4:53 pm

A hat of witchcraft. The bright pink ansi made me feel like a squid pimp strutting my HO's.

azz
Wargar
Sojourner

Postby Wargar » Fri Feb 16, 2001 10:57 pm

I'd have to go with Menoch's wooden leg on style points, but Dawnsfire overall.. mostly cause I traded it for a hole with 3 pages of spanky stuff and 4 other tia items :P.

Wargar/Sarlend

PS: Oh oh, wait! My favorite: a partial iron ration! woo, I LOVED carrying 200 of those %@#%#@% things! *spit*
Rizzleyi
Sojourner

Postby Rizzleyi » Fri Feb 16, 2001 11:17 pm

My favorite weapon was my dark steel longsword hehe...nah my white-fiery mace was pretty good, nice proc
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Sat Feb 17, 2001 3:43 am

Green Frog in a Jar!!!

Man I loved my little froggy!

And we always looked so dandy hopping down the street together in our most outlandish green costumes!
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Sat Feb 17, 2001 4:02 am

my bag of hammers

or my bag of like 4 sets of pirate eq for pirate zones! (tm)

ragorns favorite was my stick tho

get stick sack
remove nebula
hold stick
emote <----ranger.
flex
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Sat Feb 17, 2001 4:03 am

The moment i hit submit i had a vision of the replies i was going to get because of how that last part sounded...so you can all shove it.
Verarb
Sojourner

Postby Verarb » Sat Feb 17, 2001 4:08 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Corth:
<B>Volo boots.
.</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

eheh volos in general dont rock isha, just yer volos.
Wargo
Sojourner

Postby Wargo » Sat Feb 17, 2001 6:24 am

The damn Sapphire Belt that I never managed to get! It was the only piece of equipment left for me to break 1K hp without a Vitality spell. Think I had 973hp normally and with the damn belt I would've gotten 1010hp. I was so close to getting one except my roommate outbid me during his first roots trip. Damn it!

Wargo
Galzar
Sojourner

Postby Galzar » Sat Feb 17, 2001 8:58 am

well thats easy, as mikayla heartstone, as galzar, toss up, between cloak of swirling mist and ambran, although lightning earrings just looked cool
Ruhr
Sojourner

Postby Ruhr » Sat Feb 17, 2001 9:58 am

The two "writhing bracelets of noxious fumes" that I spent months questing after.

Great quests, pleanty of incentive for other players to help you (unless you're a twink and claim all the items yourself).

[This message has been edited by Ruhr (edited 02-22-2001).]
Galok Icewolf
Sojourner

Postby Galok Icewolf » Sat Feb 17, 2001 10:19 am

Bah, I feel like a baby, what's pre-wipe?

Hurry, I need the mud back, my memory is fading.

My favorite item was the "Mantle of something" from seers... my crappy hps were just barely 700 *Sigh*
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Sun Feb 18, 2001 7:00 pm

My black longsword of destruction..... damn I loved it.

Combine it with the iron crown of firegiant warlords and the pair of living spider gauntlets for the coolest ansi...

Btw, I think spider gaunts should proc, something like creeping doom would really fit!

As Cherzra whispers something to her pair of living spider gauntlets, a swarm of arachnids descends upon the room!
Wobb
Sojourner

Postby Wobb » Sun Feb 18, 2001 8:43 pm

Elscint! Man I thought for sure you would have said.

BOB'S ROLLING PIN

Wobb
Jasix Prowlingwolf
Sojourner

Postby Jasix Prowlingwolf » Sun Feb 18, 2001 11:12 pm

My favourite piece of equiptment was the Huge drinking flagon my wife Shalia ran to go get for me. Filled with more then water and the memory of it will last longer then any procing sword.

I sort of liked my Helm of the Brainmole patrol (or what ever it was) *tease Gormal*
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Mon Feb 19, 2001 1:51 pm

Yeah, the helm of the braingolem patrol ruled! Decent stats and FAG ansi!

Next wipe I'm ditching the old set of all black RP equipmnent in favor of the pink/yellow queer set! Mwuhahahaaha!

Cherzra PINK FLUFFY BUNNY POWER! (Fag) stands here polishing his nails.
Vearn
Sojourner

Postby Vearn » Mon Feb 19, 2001 4:01 pm

My favorite piece of eq was my Flammy since its the coolest sword i'd ever had.. :P,..i wished i can wield an Evernus...:P
Gantoris
Sojourner

Postby Gantoris » Mon Feb 19, 2001 7:16 pm

a small multicolored frog

*Gantoris licks the small frogs underbelly*
*Gantoris looks rather... happy.*
*Gantoris looks green and heads to the bushes!*
*Gantoris walks from the bushes... still happy*

fan-tastic! not only that, it was an awesome poison *grin*

-Gant
Saethyr
Sojourner

Postby Saethyr » Mon Feb 19, 2001 9:08 pm

Must say

Antiquated Elven Platemail or

Platemail of Life

just cuz they was spanky Image
Waelos
Sojourner

Postby Waelos » Mon Feb 19, 2001 10:10 pm

How Could I resist responding to this one! On Toril I think my favorite item was the Great Ranger Dagger! (it wasn't that cool, but it looked neat and it was for rangers! laugh). . . Before last incarnation I loved my icicle cloak the best. Honestly I think that is my favorite item. Another old favorite was 'The Flame of the North' . . .that was hella cool! (lame stats, but the coolest looking thing!) FLAME ON! roar! Personally, I think that eq you talk to is _the_ bomb. mebbe its cuz I have no friends to talk to . . . laugh.

Last incarnation, I'd have to say my favorite item was my llweyrr bag of depth .. . that was just so deep! haha. ok no, seriously. I think the favorite thing I had was the golden eyes of the dwarven kings. Very close behind those were the scorpion earring, string of aryuk's tears and the icy dagger of saukuruk...they just symbolized the culmination of tons of time, investigation and perserveance to finish those quests.

Favorite funtime items: Easter eggs and the sparklers for 4th of July!

Favorite utensil: the silver spoon (SPOOON! can I get a witness?)

ok thats all for now. maybe more later! whee!

Lost
Raiwen
Sojourner

Postby Raiwen » Tue Feb 20, 2001 5:01 am

I liked your Imix cloak, too Image
Thanks for lettings Fynorr use it. My other favorite was my holy flamberg. First real weapon my warrior got. I really liked to the elegant katana in it's original cursed version. It looked cool and made a good water weapon.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Thengil:
My Imix cloak was nice and sparkly Image Also, I loved my Ambran (for obvious reasons)</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Selenar
Sojourner

Postby Selenar » Tue Feb 20, 2001 1:13 pm

My Twilight...nuff said...

-Sel

Postby Guest » Wed Feb 21, 2001 4:56 am

<worn on feet> <FONT COLOR= "FF0000">some socks</FONT>

Started off as a tribute to a friend of mine, they then took on a world of their own as I got known for them.

Stats you ask?
ac 100, +20/+20

FARSEE HASTE PR-EVIL PR-GOOD FLY PR-FIRE DET-EVIL DET-GOOD PR-COLD GLOBE PR-ACID MSL-SHLD

Plus they keep your feet warm on those warm winter nights.
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Wed Feb 21, 2001 5:13 am

Lessee... years ago, Althic was given a set of human bone mail by Thuraneer... Wow that bonemail was cool. ac14 +2/+2 or so, and changed to +3/+1 or +3/0 later on. I once tried to auction it, and right after I shouted it out in wd (real smart I know) I got spammed with about 3 pages of tells mostly along the lines of: '2/2 ARMOR??! Is it Paladin/ranger/myclass wearable?' I couldn't get anything done for all the subsequent spam, and eventually had to log off because my screen kept flying by. In the end, I kept the armor.

For the last boot, I'd have to say my fireweed earring was the coolest. Because it was hilarious watching people's reaction to this scrappy Druid with no really good (highlevel) eq except for this little earring. "Who's your alt? Who's your alt?" It also helped that I had it fairly early, I think, and I do recall Kildran and a few others attempting numerous times to offer me things for it. Man... and I don't even remember the stats on the thing! From Jot, prot. fire, 4ac 15hps? Something like that.
Saitcho
Sojourner

Postby Saitcho » Wed Feb 21, 2001 6:38 am

haha moritheil i loved getting those who is your alt tells with taln and dagnoran. little level 21 shaman decked out with coronet and ogrehides and griffon robe and shiz or the 35 warrior with the scorp mask and rockcrusher. woohoo. twinking alts is fun.

saitcho

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”