for a good laugh

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Iktar
Sojourner

for a good laugh

Postby Iktar » Mon Oct 28, 2002 5:29 am

First-year students at Med School were receiving their first anatomy class with a real dead human body. They all gathered around the surgery table with the body covered with a white sheet. The professor started the class by telling them, "In medicine, it is necessary to have 2 important qualities as a doctor: The first is that you not be disgusted by anything involving the human body." For an example, the Professor pulled back the sheet, stuck his finger in the butt of the corpse, withdrew it and s tuck his finger in his mouth. "Go ahead and do the same thing," he told his students. The students freaked out, hesitated for several minutes, but eventually took turns sticking a finger in the butt of the dead body and sucking on it. When everyone finished, the Professor looked at them and told them, "The second most important quality is observation. I stuck in my middle finger and sucked on my index finger. Now learn to pay attention."
Daz
Sojourner

Postby Daz » Mon Oct 28, 2002 5:41 am

ewwww
Gort
Sojourner

Postby Gort » Mon Oct 28, 2002 5:59 am

Oh That is just sooo WRONG!

------------------
Pobbil
Sojourner

Postby Pobbil » Mon Oct 28, 2002 7:26 am

Ya know...my keyboard/monitor have had thier fair share of soda spilled on them, but not quite as much as when i read this post and had just taken a drink of Mt Dew...now where'd I put that windex? hmmm

------------------
Without the heart, there can be no understanding between the hand and the mind. *Pobbil the kneecap stabber*
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Mon Oct 28, 2002 12:20 pm

Hahah...call me retarded(ok, not really) but is that a joke or did it actually happen?

------------------
Fotex group-says 'Behold! penis!'

Dartan tells you 'i own so hard sometimes it makes me want to cry'

Nitupopple group-says 'esrel get glorishan off'
Musi
Sojourner

Postby Musi » Mon Oct 28, 2002 12:39 pm

That's SICK!!!!!!

And just to think too...in the fall, I have to take Gross Anatomy with the lab *puke* *passes out*

They keep telling me it's not as bad as it seems, but I'm going to be dissecting a HUMAN BODY!!! Someone that had friends/family Image It's going to freak me out SOOOO bad Image

------------------
Musi "Desperate to get ress" {-Randgriur-} Waelcyrge Sororitas
Fura
Sojourner

Postby Fura » Mon Oct 28, 2002 2:08 pm

Hey, Musi...

It might help to remember that the person you'll be examining asked for the opportunity to help students by letting them understand anatomy better.

In honour of friends and family and complete strangers, he or she volunteered to be there...
sharunel
Sojourner

Postby sharunel » Mon Oct 28, 2002 2:53 pm

if you can't take it, don't study anything that contains human anatomy.

besides that, fura's right. you don't dissect anyone's body who didn't agree/sign up for it volunteeringly.

trust me, after the first few times you'll become so accustomed, you'll discuss breakfast/lunch/dinner over it! Image
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Mon Oct 28, 2002 3:13 pm

Human dissection was probably the most fun and fascinating thing I ever did in school. There's just nothing quite as invigorating as the smell of formaldehyde and human corpses in the morning. ::takes a deep breath:: Ahhh.

Okay, that's a lie, but you get used to it. The smell is the worst part, but it shouldn't take you long until you can walk straight from your cadaver to the lunch table and not even think twice about discussing what you did that with a mouthful of ham sandwich.
Musi
Sojourner

Postby Musi » Mon Oct 28, 2002 3:14 pm

It's going to be the only class that I'll have problems with. Most of the other classes I'll take are dealing with injuries, mental health, etc...

My mom has a MUCH stronger stomach than I do, so she has no problems discussing stuff like "We had to open up a patient today and massage his heart etc..." Image

These people did give us the gift of their bodies, so we could learn, so I guess I should take advantage of it.

They told me I'd only have to be in there maybe 5-6 times. I'll try to be strong. After all, I kill things daily on the mud Image

------------------
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Mon Oct 28, 2002 3:53 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Musi:
<B>It's going to be the only class that I'll have problems with. Most of the other classes I'll take are dealing with injuries, mental health, etc...

My mom has a MUCH stronger stomach than I do, so she has no problems discussing stuff like "We had to open up a patient today and massage his heart etc..." Image

These people did give us the gift of their bodies, so we could learn, so I guess I should take advantage of it.

They told me I'd only have to be in there maybe 5-6 times. I'll try to be strong. After all, I kill things daily on the mud Image
</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

*peer*

Musi in medskool?

------------------
You tell Ushug 'err... spankmistress??'
Ushug tells you 'you can't help it, I've always thought of mori as a chick'
Iktar
Sojourner

Postby Iktar » Mon Oct 28, 2002 6:38 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by moritheil:
<B> *peer*

Musi in medskool?

not for long if she keeps mudding at this rate? :P hahaha jp
Musi
Sojourner

Postby Musi » Mon Oct 28, 2002 7:33 pm

I'm not back in school yet Image I start in January to make up some classes so that in the fall I can start on my masters in occupational therapy.

Also, I won't be on much Image Maybe pop in to say hi. I'm going to be super busy, but I'm going to miss you all! *hugs*

I'll still be around as much as I can (things are crazy with financial aid and getting into my classes).

------------------
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Wed Oct 30, 2002 3:53 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ashiwi:
Human dissection was probably the most fun and fascinating thing I ever did in school. </font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Human dissection was the most fun and fascinating thing I ever did in the abandoned lot on the other side of town...

------------------
Thanuk Pantherclaw
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Wed Oct 30, 2002 8:34 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Iktar:
not for long if she keeps mudding at this rate? :P hahaha jp</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dude, Xaril pulled it off. Of course, he's like an academic demigod, but hey...

------------------
You tell Ushug 'err... spankmistress??'
Ushug tells you 'you can't help it, I've always thought of mori as a chick'
Musi
Sojourner

Postby Musi » Wed Oct 30, 2002 9:04 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by thanuk:
<B> Human dissection was the most fun and fascinating thing I ever did in the abandoned lot on the other side of town...

*PANIC THANUK!!*

------------------

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”