Leading (Prolly about Chapter 4) RULES AS WELL

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
turg
Sojourner

Leading (Prolly about Chapter 4) RULES AS WELL

Postby turg » Fri Nov 01, 2002 5:21 pm

Well once again it has come to my attention people being disapproving of my ways. Yes I am a bit harsh at times, but I warm people way ahead of time as to avoid conflict, but it doesn't work. I have become more competitive lately and for that, I'm sorry for being more serious than I once was with my old friends. I am leading an evil-raced guild now, so I must take on the responsibility. I think people just took me as their buddy and expects me never to be serious like before, but I need to be in order to run a successful guild.

So instead of being called an asshole and oh man you've changed, I would like to point out my rules for groups because I have to be abundantly clear or else I am looked to as an asshole.

#1 If you come to my zone and u will have to AFK, tell me before AS WELL AS SEND ME A TELL BEFORE YOU GO AFK, gsay doesnt work i get tons of spam.

#2 If you do disapprove of me, tell me and to me only. Maybe let a day or two pass, to let cooler heads prevail. I know ive had to. I'm saying this because every mean, deragatory thing people say, comes directly back to me.

#3 When I lead, I am the LEADER and I can't take disapproval over gsay. If you disagree with my style, send me a tell or write it down and wait till the end of the zone. This is because signs of disapproval can lessen respect amongst group members.

**I am saying this all because I feel as if people don't understand what I'm trying to accomplish. It's either go back to being happy-go-lucky Turg 100% of the time and not doing zones, or you gotta handle a lil yelling from time to time. One thing I have noticed, however, is that it has paid off and my groups are listening wonderfully now. I have one request of all of you that follow me. Please, if I do get upset over something and I DO yell at you, don't take it personally. It's my style of getting people to remember their duties, just as you should remind me if I fail to do mine as a leader. It may be a harsh way of doing things, but it has worked brilliantly so far. Anyhow, I really don't like fighting with people and the recent crap talk about me after all I've tried to do with evils has really gotten me down and compelled me to write this long post.....I hope you will read this and understand that I AM the same Turg, just a Turg with more obligations and responsibilities now. Just know I am trying my best for efficiency, maybe I need work in the PR department.....

Nuff Said,
Turg

------------------
Daz
Sojourner

Postby Daz » Fri Nov 01, 2002 5:25 pm

I never had a problem with, nor do I have now in how you run zones. If I felt like taking on the responsibilities of leading zones again, I would do it exactly like you do. Bravo for leading like a leader. Now, if only you can sway some of your coworkers . . .
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Fri Nov 01, 2002 6:46 pm

Keep that head up Turg!

------------------
You tell Ushug 'err... spankmistress??'
Ushug tells you 'you can't help it, I've always thought of mori as a chick'
Mikayla
Sojourner

Postby Mikayla » Fri Nov 01, 2002 8:57 pm

TURGIE DAMNIT I WANTED ALL THE EQ FROM THAT LAST RUN, oh just teasing you bro you know that Image i have yet to group with ya this wipe, but eventually i will Image

------------------
Her Royal Bitchness Eye Aeturnum
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Fri Nov 01, 2002 9:37 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Cap'n Touk:
<B>"I think people just took me as their buddy and expects me never to be serious like before, but I need to be in order to run a successful guild." - Turg

Hehe, you're gunna regret this SOOO badly in a couple months. Friends > All.

T</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't think he means it that way, hun .. anyone who knows Turg knows what a sweetheart he is .. he is just saying that on occasion he has to put the *who's ya daddy* hat on ..

I personally agree with him ... a guild leader has certain duties and should get a certain kind of respect ...

------------------
Ambar -= Beloved Matron =- Crimson Coalition
Zoldren
Sojourner

Postby Zoldren » Fri Nov 01, 2002 9:55 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ambar:
<B>
I personally agree with him ... a guild leader has certain duties and should get a certain kind of respect ...
</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

alot of people forget

respect is earrned,

not given, not assumed, not inherrited

and just to clerify, leading a guild has nothing at all with leading a zone group

guildies have first shot at being in the group, if the dont want to come, cool if they do cool

the difference between a guild leader and a zone leader is a zone leader must be impartial to all in the group as far as duties go and as far as splits

a guild leader has to ensure the guild stays together, happy, and get what they need both eq and quests, if its telling someone else to help, giving hints, doing it themself etc etc

hence zoning and guilding need to be judged on 2 different scales.

No this is not intended at anyone, this is just in response to a few threads/posts, just came out in this thread

enjoy

------------------
MoM-D
Tanji Smanji
Sojourner

Postby Tanji Smanji » Fri Nov 01, 2002 9:59 pm

Turg is, always was and always will be a buttmunch. But he's my buttmunch.

------------------
How to go from Waelos to Weylarii.

Weylarii group-says 'oh shit! my penis is stuck in the toaster. afk'
Snurgt
Sojourner

Postby Snurgt » Sat Nov 02, 2002 2:05 am

#3 When I lead, I am the LEADER and I can't take disapproval over gsay. If you disagree with my style, send me a tell or write it down and wait till the end of the zone. This is because signs of disapproval can lessen respect amongst group members.

Besides the obvious fact that this is psychotic..

Just curious, do you 'yell' at your groupmembers over gsay or do you do it in tells?

------------------
Snurgt take no prisoner.
Baikalisan
Sojourner

Postby Baikalisan » Sat Nov 02, 2002 2:18 am

I cant help but feel this is partially having to deal with me. If not.. then ignore the following.

People have been asking me why i havent been playing my cleric. My response to them is I got my feelings hurt and i needed some time away to deal with it. As for stuff getting back to people there is nothing that i have said that i wouldnt say to your face, or that i regret saying.

That said ...

I have no complaints as to how you run your groups.. I did however have a problem as to how i was spoken too... I needed time away so i took it.

Enough said.

------------------
Baikalisan Terrorforge- Valsharess Elg'Caress - Orbdrin D'oloth

Ellana tells you 'i WISH he was the energizer bunny. all i'd need to do is take out the batteries and duckpond him'
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Sat Nov 02, 2002 7:29 pm

Turg's mother is a snow blower.

OMG this has to be worth at least 2 points.

P.S. best way to deal with afk people is to tog fol in a room where aggros pop Image they stop going afk...

------------------
Thanuk Pantherclaw
sok
Sojourner

Postby sok » Tue Nov 05, 2002 11:45 pm

i'm not afk i'm there its just the simpsons sometime distract me for 1/2 hr at a time. i mean who wouldn't be distracted by homer and his clones chasing a big donut.

baik, if u get yelled at for folks dying. this always works. dude i was 1* away from a fheal on you. they dont know if it's true or not. and most important is if they spank make sure u stay alive, that way u can mock them for dying.

if u die and it's a bad spank, it's usually a good idea to afk to cook dinner cuz you wont be doing anything for 1/2 hr anyways.

but if wanna be in group and dont wanna be notice as being afk. wear fly item, fol leader, and play a class that is not essential to group. ie. bards, warriors, rogue, cleric, enchanter, illusionist, elementalist, rangers, paladin, anti, necro, lich, squid, dire, or invokers. missed druid and battlechanter. (edit)

[This message has been edited by sok (edited 11-06-2002).]
Turxx
Sojourner

Postby Turxx » Wed Nov 06, 2002 7:08 am

Just curious, do you 'yell' at your groupmembers over gsay or do you do it in tells?

[/B][/QUOTE]

you gotta do both, as the leader you are the one who needs to be in control, for a leader to gsay DAMNIT BASH IT! or gsay lets get our heads out of our asses here is all about being the leader.
i agree with turg, you do not, ever, criticize the leader over gsay, it undermines the whole group
i also agree that the leader needs to take criticism via tells, constructive criticism, telling the leader hes a fucking moron in the middle of the zone is grounds for imidiate ungrouping, im not going to sit there and be talked to like that, noone should have to, you cant be a team player and talk to people like equals and with respect, fuck you, see yah, have fun trying to get out of the zone
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Wed Nov 06, 2002 9:01 am

i personally yell at my group members in gsay b/c i don't like repeating myself when another person does the same mistake. also every player should make a trigger to stand when your leader says moving imho.

------------------
[Erevan] Our elite team of gods will be watching for equip campers.... beware...
Erevan OOC: 'One god is specifically assigned to Dartan :P'
Kiaransalee OOC: 'rangers suck'
Iyachtu OOC: 'and a lovely nite it is :)'
Xisiqomelir
Sojourner

Postby Xisiqomelir » Wed Nov 06, 2002 12:02 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by sok:
<B>
but if wanna be in group and dont wanna be notice as being afk. wear fly item, fol leader, and play a class that is not essential to group. ie. bards, warriors, rogue, cleric, enchanter, illusionist, elementalist, rangers, paladin, anti, necro, lich, squid, dire, or invokers.

Wow Sok, I never knew that Druids and Battlechanters were the key classes before, thanks for enlightening me Image

------------------
"I know you like to believe fairy tales about how rude and unfair evils are, but keep them on your side of Baldur's Gate."
Elseenas
Sojourner

Postby Elseenas » Wed Nov 06, 2002 6:35 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
but if wanna be in group and dont wanna be notice as being afk. wear fly item, fol leader, and play a class that is not essential to group. ie. bards, warriors, rogue, cleric, enchanter, illusionist, elementalist, rangers, paladin, anti, necro, lich, squid, dire, or invokers.
</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not Essential to Group?

What are you smoking? Warriors, Clerics, and Enchanters are not essential to the group?

Or do you mean that rangers and rogues are as well?

------------------
Elseenas of No House Worth Mentioning
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Thu Nov 07, 2002 10:39 am

err Sok was joking:P

Read all his posts .. that's the way he is :P

and Dartan ... god as many different ways people say MOVING .. that'd be hella hard to do

Turg group says 'MOBING'
Turg group says 'MONING'
Turg group says 'dammit you know what I meant!!'

------------------
Ambar -= Beloved Matron =- Crimson Coalition
Snurgt
Sojourner

Postby Snurgt » Thu Nov 07, 2002 12:17 pm

Turxx sed:
telling the leader hes a fucking moron in the middle of the zone is grounds for imidiate ungrouping, im not going to sit there and be talked to like that, noone should have to, you cant be a team player and talk to people like equals and with respect, fuck you, see yah, have fun trying to get out of the zone

----

Im not really sure if you meant that the just the leader shouldnt be spoken to that way or if that goes for everyone in the group. I'll assume you meant it goes for everyone in the group. If someone spoke to me that way in a group or via tells, id ungroup myself.

------------------
Snurgt take no prisoner.
jalahon
Sojourner

Postby jalahon » Thu Nov 07, 2002 7:02 pm

Agreed Snurgt!
There's no place in gaming for disrespect...theres enough of that in RL. After leading a few times, its easy to see that one person screwing off in a hard zone can cause the death of 14 others, but live and learn...that taught me to be selective about who i brought with me. Harsh words just make probs later on down the line.

Postby Guest » Fri Nov 08, 2002 3:15 am

When it comes to leading,
TURG is the man.
Do what he says, it will almost certaintly work.
Dont listen, he'll get upset.
Criticism that needs to be heard by the group is over gsay.
Personal remarks he always tells.
Sometimes hes cranky but dealing with all the crap peeps give him, who wouldnt be? plus just the responsibility of it all.
WOOT turg!
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Fri Nov 08, 2002 7:14 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ambar:
<B>err Sok was joking:P

Read all his posts .. that's the way he is :P

and Dartan ... god as many different ways people say MOVING .. that'd be hella hard to do

Turg group says 'MOBING'
Turg group says 'MONING'
Turg group says 'dammit you know what I meant!!'

ok maybe turg should say "fuck the angels" or "mmm beer" for a stand trigger!

------------------
[Erevan] Our elite team of gods will be watching for equip campers.... beware...
Erevan OOC: 'One god is specifically assigned to Dartan :P'
Kiaransalee OOC: 'rangers suck'
Iyachtu OOC: 'and a lovely nite it is :)'
sok
Sojourner

Postby sok » Fri Nov 08, 2002 11:20 pm

but the angels beat turg's giants. sorry no cal. u are still second fiddle to so cal. that goes for your sorry sac-town kings too. regular seasons means ditley, it's the championship rings that count. kings are lakers benetch. lakers going for 4.

sok - the fair-weather homer fan

edit- i'm not a bandwagoner.

[This message has been edited by sok (edited 11-08-2002).]
Kegor
Sojourner

Postby Kegor » Sat Nov 09, 2002 10:32 am

I have always felt that the leaders job is to plan strategy and tell people what they need to do to make that strategy work. And if something went wrong, to let people know what they did or didn't do. The explain the strategy thing is essential. No rules or nazi regieme shit needed.

I really like Zold's post too. A lot of fine points there. What ever happen to Yssilk anyways?
Sesena1
Sojourner

Postby Sesena1 » Sun Nov 10, 2002 11:58 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Cap'n Touk:
[BHehe, you're gunna regret this SOOO badly in a couple months. Friends > All.

T[/B]</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Touk, it's so refreshing to see someone that others look up to respond that way. When all is said and done, all we have left are our friends and loved ones. Thank you sooooo much for so eloquently speaking what so many of us feel..

Ses
turg
Sojourner

Postby turg » Mon Nov 11, 2002 4:19 am

hrmm just to let u all know....the yelling and screaming has paid off we are pwning almost every zone now...so we are having more fun now...guess it worked out in my case coulda been a fluke....

Turg

------------------
Zoldren
Sojourner

Postby Zoldren » Mon Nov 11, 2002 5:04 am

just so you know.....we where pwning zones b4 you came back to...coulda been a fluke though

------------------
MoM-D
Diel
Sojourner

Postby Diel » Fri Nov 15, 2002 5:52 pm

I still don't like you Turg :P

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”