Pet Peeve

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Zalkenai
Sojourner

Pet Peeve

Postby Zalkenai » Sat Nov 16, 2002 5:23 pm

--- Names edited out because this is a general statement ---

The spells relocate and gate are pretty uber.
I love being a mage and having them.

That being said: To all the hitter types that have never played a mage... I don't know if you realise this, but doing taxi runs for people is not fun to do.

I will taxi people pretty much any time, as long as I'm not zoning.

NOW... This is the annoying part, if you've just asked some high level mage to taxi you... don't start telling them how to do it.

--------------------------------------------

*** tells you 'im at windy, relo to dk and throw up some gates'

---------------------------------------------

This happened today, and really pissed me off for some reason. Please don't say shit like that... We _know_ how to taxi someone somewhere, cause we do it all the time!

Anyway, when someone's doing you a favor, don't start barking orders at them, cause they may not want to do it again.

Bleh, sorry for ranting.
Snurgt
Sojourner

Postby Snurgt » Sat Nov 16, 2002 5:43 pm

I agree 100% with the above.

Snurgtrant(tm):

I love playin an enchanter cept for this one thing-

XXXX tells you 'haste'

I know you want haste, every hasting class knows you want haste. We will haste you when we feel like it. Sometimes stoning/blurring/globing all the tanks *might* be enuf spellups for the time being :P

I have a level 50 rogue and have *never* asked for haste in a group.

------------------
Snurgt take no prisoner.
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Sat Nov 16, 2002 6:09 pm

Be careful saying stuff like that Snurgt.

Everyone thinks you should be told how to do your job, be a haste bitch, and will call you a whiner when you say anything about it... Despite the fact that you play it often and know more about it.

You've been warned!

------------------
Malacar - omg ymir!
Zalkenai
Sojourner

Postby Zalkenai » Sat Nov 16, 2002 6:13 pm

For me, it's not so much people asking.
Like I said, I don't mind helping out.

It's when they order me. Who exactly do you think you are?

As for Snurgt... how about asking him for haste instead of just telling him to?

*** What a concept!! ***

If you ask nicely, I will help. From now on, people that Tell me to do something for them... Fug you.
Nebomosel
Sojourner

Postby Nebomosel » Sat Nov 16, 2002 9:27 pm

I agree wholeheartedly. In fact, I have ignored several people who have tried to order me to do something without even bothering to find out if I'm busy or not. My gag list grows by at least one a week. It's sad that people are so rude but I guess it's a fact of life. Guess until the world changes, my gag list is just gonna keep growing.

Neb
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Sat Nov 16, 2002 10:08 pm

When someone asks me for haste forcefully, I usually end up hasting everyone but them.

------------------
-Yayaril
Zoldren
Sojourner

Postby Zoldren » Sun Nov 17, 2002 1:19 am

telling me how to taxi is pretty bad and annoying....

but telling me how to cr them, and that i have to hurry up is even worse....

------------------
MoM-D
Dranix/Straxin
Sojourner

Postby Dranix/Straxin » Sun Nov 17, 2002 7:04 am

Hello, my name is Dranix and I am a taxi.

------------------
Dranix Darkthorne, Druid of the High Circle and chosen of Silvanus
Xisiqomelir
Sojourner

Postby Xisiqomelir » Sun Nov 17, 2002 9:31 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Yayaril:
<B>When someone asks me for haste forcefully, I usually end up hasting everyone but them.

</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Does that include casters in the group? If so, thats hilarious.

------------------
"I know you like to believe fairy tales about how rude and unfair evils are, but keep them on your side of Baldur's Gate."
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Sun Nov 17, 2002 9:36 am

unfortunately zalkenai not everybody does it like you. i've had cases where i wait for gates and after 5 min i finally ask and they say "oh didn't know you wanted them". this is when they aren't afk and know my intent too.

------------------
[Erevan] Our elite team of gods will be watching for equip campers.... beware...
Erevan OOC: 'One god is specifically assigned to Dartan :P'
Kiaransalee OOC: 'rangers suck'
Iyachtu OOC: 'and a lovely nite it is :)'
Cifle tells you 'i am gonna take a wild guess, but is your evil alt dartana?'
You tell Cifle '*golf clap*'
Cifle tells you 'Call me Sherlok'
Gromikazer
Sojourner

Postby Gromikazer » Sun Nov 17, 2002 10:51 am

Are you talking to me?
ya, Are YOU talking to me?

(Obscure line from a old movie, being in a similar situation. I'm not actually asking :P)

------------------
Gromikazer Terrorforge -Veldruk- Orbdrin D'oloth
Myre
Sojourner

Postby Myre » Sun Nov 17, 2002 1:28 pm

Comford Zalk,
I feel yer pain!

I log on often for 5 minutes at a time to check boards and mudmail. Amazingly enough, like Superman stepping out of a phone booth..i'm transformed into newbie Healer/Vitter/armor/bless Bitch.

Every 3rd-10th level gutter dweller of DK runs up and asks for spells...(after all I logged on just to make sure they were at full hit points). Best yet though! Every 1st level dire raider who is too lazy to walk from Bloodtusk MUST HAVE a res! Ressing a level 1? heh...

Oddly enough sitting around in a drunken binge a friend suggested an idea....sure resurrect / taxi / shift people under level 20....but make it like 100 p per level under 20!

level 1 X100 X 20 = res fee 2000 p
Level 2 x100 x 19 = res fee 1900 p

heh and so on....Now I haven't been heartless or broke enough to worry about being this petty yet...

Another great spell request from the great minds of Non-Casters... VIT LISTS! hehe nothing better than vitting target 5 out of 8 on your vit list....and then it strikes..

Impatient Smurf tells you 'Vit me'

Well I have Leader smurf, and tank smurf and The smurf in the red shirt with no significant name (obviously to die first Trek style)....
but no... Impatient smurf is on the OTHER cleric's vit list...so gee...just because they want a vit should i stop vitting MY targets ....nah...die quietly please...

Heh TOTALLY feel your pain Zalk...

Let me add one line...THANK-YOU THANK-YOU THANK-YOU to all the players out there that offer the due ammount of respect to certain casters (i'll say certain, because like above some people need everything explained to them). It's amazing how much a request like "could you res me, if you get time" really makes a difference if you actually mean it...and it's not just a translation of "res me now or i'll spam you again in 13 seconds"
Zanvazez
Sojourner

Postby Zanvazez » Sun Nov 17, 2002 3:41 pm

i'm no caster so i can't really complain about the taxi business but i still get tells like "rogue, come here." and these people aren't kidding, i don't know them, i don't know if they assume anything or think i'm there slave or something...

rogue, come here.
excuse me?
fol me.
*fuming and not knowing exactly waht else to say about this i attempt to follow (they are now, apparently, aprt of my group)*
could you "tog fol on" so i can follow you?
no response.
*poke said impolite person*

what the hell? i'm sorry to say this but, some people just lack social skills. i mean, if your feeling antisocial or jsut in a bad mood, TELL ME.
now, what was i trying to say? can't remember... right, on't tell people what to do, ask. i think, for the most part, people respect that "rule" it a small portion or the populace that makes us rant like this.

thanks for "listening", keep on truckin' !

------------------
Zanvazez Ark'Henneld
Qu'ellar Ark'Henneld Velg'larn
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Sun Nov 17, 2002 4:23 pm

pet peeves:

self vit out triggers from priest types
self hast/scale/stone out triggers from enchanters
if you HAVE the spell ... echo it to YOU if you MUST trigger it!

3 line ress aliases (i love ya ryan but damn :P)

group spell out triggers (battle trance, death pact, divine blessing, etc) you'd think the person that uses this spell/skill gets the message too and knows when it falls (15 people's death pact falls at same time and invariably at least 8 people trigger it)

blind triggers (prismatic spray anyone?)

how bout people who don't put their mob condition triggers on buttons to enable/disable ... area mass death anyone?

how bout when people don't request a heal and just walk up to you and bleed on you?? GRR

stuff i do like?
-The warrior who has a popsickle trigger ... it is hysterical (Thrym anyone?)
-Silence (just cause i hate when casters are silenced and my trigger doesnt go off)

I feel ya for the spellups at FTN ... I log on and within 10 sec i get spellup requests (which i dont mind cause .. well .. i LOVE playing enchanter)

------------------
Ambar -= Beloved Matron =- Crimson Coalition
Iktar
Sojourner

Postby Iktar » Sun Nov 17, 2002 4:24 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dalar:
<B>unfortunately zalkenai not everybody does it like you. i've had cases where i wait for gates and after 5 min i finally ask and they say "oh didn't know you wanted them". this is when they aren't afk and know my intent too.

that still doesn't justify ordering people to do it nor telling them dat way. i've had couple people who did dat as well. very annoying. if they forgot ask again, 5 min. wait isn't dat whole long of wait.
Yasden
Sojourner

Postby Yasden » Sun Nov 17, 2002 4:37 pm

Woo, Cartman likes my Ice Tongue trigger!

You group-say 'That'll teach Jessica Trahern to deepthroat popsicles!'

Enjoying.

Deathmagnet
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Sun Nov 17, 2002 4:55 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Yasden:
<B>Woo, Cartman likes my Ice Tongue trigger!

You group-say 'That'll teach Jessica Trahern to deepthroat popsicles!'

Enjoying.

Deathmagnet</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

snort :P

think it's Ushie or Gruld :P

#sub {Targsk} {SpamMagnet}
#sub {Yasden} {Dork}

love ya RyRy

[This message has been edited by Ambar (edited 11-17-2002).]
Fura
Sojourner

Postby Fura » Sun Nov 17, 2002 7:14 pm

People who ask me to cast something for them when I can, usually get it as soon as I can. People who tell me "Vit me" are usually added to the mental list, but come last, and don't get any extras.

While I don't especially care to be nice to the pushy ones, I'm not going to let them die, so I cast just in case it made a difference - provided those in my vit list are already safe.

When someone is willing to well me, or ghetto well me, I always try to thank them, and to help them whenever I can. I don't know how often Lilithelle or Penshah need prot evil or stone, but what the hey, they doesn't usually need to help me.

But it's very embarrassing to be thanked more than profusely for doing my job in a group. Image It sounds like somewhere out there, someone doesn't like to vit their casters or something, but to me - it's just my job, and I do it the way I expect my vit-list to do theirs.
Musi
Sojourner

Postby Musi » Sun Nov 17, 2002 7:40 pm

I agree with Fura!

When someone asks for a spell, I'll cast it asap, IF I have done my vits, armor, bless for the people assigned. (love those function keys!) Sometimes in a nasty fight tho, I'll hit my macro key and get:
Casting: full harm ********
so please don't keep spamming me with reps!

I curtsey most of the time (unless I'm running through) to show respect, smile happily, HUGS!, and always sit at 1 w and glance at everyone in the room to see if they need healed (even if they don't ask) cause it's just a nice thing to do. I doubt if anyone is sado (or is it macho) to walk around at nasty wounds or worse and NOT want to be healed.

Ok, ran out of things to say Image *hugs*

------------------
Musi "To Avernus!"
Kasula
Sojourner

Postby Kasula » Sun Nov 17, 2002 9:35 pm

SPELLS

1st circle: detect invisibility, detect magic, magic missile,
mage flame

[RETURN for more, q to quit]

2nd circle: burning hands, chill touch, minor creation,
invisibility, faerie fire, energy shield

3rd circle: locate object, strength, dispel invisible,
dexterity, blink, missile shield, ray of enfeeblement

4th circle: teleport, lightning bolt, sleep, farsee, wizard eye,
fumble, levitate, dispel magic, mass invisibility,
minor paralysis, haste

5th circle: minor globe of invulnerability, stoneskin, dimension
door, slowness, infravision, fireshield, coldshield
stumble

6th circle: fireball, clairvoyance, blur, feeblemind, enchant
weapon, cone of cold, identify, enervate

7th circle: fly, solid fog, repulsion, power word blind, enlarge,
reduce, prismatic spray

8th circle: major paralysis, globe of invulnerability, airy

[RETURN for more, q to quit]

The cheers of about a dozen people echo through the streets.

[RETURN for more, q to quit] water, blacklight burst

9th circle: (*) gate, (*) relocate, (*) mind blank, constriction

10th circle: (*) dragonscales, (*) time stop

NOTE: See HELP SPELL CIRCLE for an explanation of spell circles.

See also: ENCHANTER, WEAPONS, SKILLS, CIRCLE, SPELLCAST, SPECIALIZE,
MAGIC

quit your whining!
you chose to be an enchanter, your a big boy... deal with it! do your job!
i would like to have any or all of the spells that enchanters. the pain of being of an enchanter is that they are truly the group's bitch... but they are also the most important class in the game and that is just how it is. enchanters can zone at anytime they feel like... unlike any other class in the game. let explain you the game... clerics heal, shamans gheal, druids well, invokers damage, rogues CR, warriors bash/tank, anti/pally tank/rescue, ellie embody, illus does that voodoo they so well do, bards/battlechanters does their best impression from Justin Timberlake, necros does that necro thing and has for rangers we protect 1west.

[This message has been edited by Kasula (edited 11-17-2002).]
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Sun Nov 17, 2002 9:54 pm

This coming from someone who probably plays the laziest class on the mud groupwise.

Assist tank.

afire

Yay.

Play the class before you bash it, Kasula. You have no concept of what it's like.

But hey, if people of those classes are having a say... Wait, excuse me.. Whining as you say, since noone can have input on anything without whining on here... What do they know? They only play the class on a daily basis. Obviously a ranger would know better.

------------------
Malacar - omg ymir!
Kasula
Sojourner

Postby Kasula » Sun Nov 17, 2002 11:35 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Malacar:
<B>This coming from someone who probably plays the laziest class on the mud groupwise.

Assist tank.

afire

Yay.

Play the class before you bash it, Kasula. You have no concept of what it's like.

But hey, if people of those classes are having a say... Wait, excuse me.. Whining as you say, since noone can have input on anything without whining on here... What do they know? They only play the class on a daily basis. Obviously a ranger would know better.

as you said, rangers are probably the easiest class to play and because of it, we protect 1w more than any other class. as for the enchanter, they are the hardest class to play and so they are needed more. just accept the bad with the good. and quit your bitching
Daz
Sojourner

Postby Daz » Sun Nov 17, 2002 11:43 pm

i don't know if i would say they are the hardest class to play. maybe the hardest to level, but well - i have loads of fun with my chanter. i am only lvl 30, but i eagerly await the day that i am useful, and even further - the day i can solo things! lucky for me though i was able to start off as a newbie chanter with over 600 hit points, it makes some things easier :P

at level 30, i have YET to solo a single mob. i flee from squirrels in absolute terror. i don't even mem any offense.

( 6th circle) 2 - enervate
2 - blur
( 5th circle) 5 - stone skin
( 4th circle) 3 - haste
1 - mass invisibility
2 - minor paralysis
( 3rd circle) 1 - locate object
6 - ray of enfeeblement
( 2nd circle) 2 - minor creation
2 - invisibility
2 - faerie fire
2 - energy shield
( 1st circle) 3 - detect invisibility
3 - detect magic
3 - mage flame
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Mon Nov 18, 2002 12:42 am

So any kind of feedback constitutes bitching in your book, Kasula, eh?

Funny how that works. You get to complain on these boards repeatedly about politics and your views on them, but the second anyone voices their own opinion, you have to stick your nose in and call them whiners and bitchers.

I see some inconsistencies there.

Perhaps you ought to play any of the classes you thus label, before you deride them... And maybe you'll get grouped more.

------------------
Malacar - omg ymir!
Kasula
Sojourner

Postby Kasula » Mon Nov 18, 2002 1:54 am

hey malacar,

i would be the first person to tell you that i whine, alot! whining is just a fact of life and especially BBS. do say i say, not as i do... and about the grouping thing i get grouped enough. i have played alot of the classes including a enchanter, so i can speak with some experience. greatest thing about being me is that im always right in my eyes :P You need to take a chill pill and take some criticism like a big boy.
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Mon Nov 18, 2002 2:08 am

You need to deal out criticism like a big boy before I can do that, my friend.

You are coming out of the hut with nothing under your belt except the terms 'whiner' and 'bitching'.

Bring on some criticism. I'll debate this with you then.

Oh, and what level did you get your enchanter to? Did you play him past 46 (preferably 48+) for an exceptionally long period of time? I doubt it, but am willing to listen.

------------------
Malacar - omg ymir!
Gerad
Sojourner

Postby Gerad » Mon Nov 18, 2002 3:03 am

I can, in a way, feel your pain. Im not an enchanter but shaman is similar..

Can I have a stone/heal/vit/DI/DM/protection from/armor/bless/remove curse/scry remains/summon?
(did I miss any?)

Heh, but I only feel your pain, in a way, because I dont really mind it. But I dont mem bless/DM so that makes it a bit easier :P

Gerad

------------------
Auril tells you 'Yes, we're plotting the destruction of all that is holy - and unholy, too. Just to be thorough.'
Novir
Sojourner

Postby Novir » Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:47 am

Heh,rangers protect 1 west? I hope that was a joke. When we have a ranger in a group (like myself) things ALWAYS go smoother. Archery is VERY useful,especially in levels 25-35. Rangers must polish their skills alot also,or atleast I do,practice my skills atleast half the time I'm playing. Its not just only afire,or assist.If ur warrior misses a bash,or a rescue,U have to be the one to cut the slack. I'm sure invokers are more popular for damage,but I'm not sure about the high levelers. Easiest class to play? Doesn't it say in the help file,that they are one of the hard goodie classes to play? Or wait,do they need updateing?

But I do know,I get plenty of Q's from lowbie rangers,of "why do I always miss with archery?" Why can't I carve arrows,bows,ect ect. Because I think that when the gods plopped in there,that they WEREN'T meant for new players,that intrigued the n00bs thinking that it was the perfect advanced class.

About the taxi subject,I ALWAYS ask,are you busy? Because I hate nothing more,than when I'm in combat,and someone is bugging me,with a n00b question. If I don't get an answer to my question of them being busy,I assume they are,and leave it at that.

Novir

------------------
Whoops! That didn't come out right.
Kasula
Sojourner

Postby Kasula » Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:59 am

actually malacar, i only got the enchanter to 45... i got sick of it cause i was the group's bitch. so i decide to play another char, and that how it should be. if you dont like playing an enchanter with all of responsibilities than dont play the enchanter. this is how easy you can solve the problem and end the discussion. you too can play something else. ok, maybe malacar is taking this the wrong way... i love you enchanters... without you we cant do anything. maybe i dont say this enough but I love you.
Zalkenai
Sojourner

Postby Zalkenai » Mon Nov 18, 2002 5:01 am

By the Gods! What have I done?

This might be the only time I've started a thread that got a little flaming folder next to it.

Play nice everyone.

Zalkenai
ssar
Sojourner

Postby ssar » Mon Nov 18, 2002 8:19 am

Hey, I saw Loshaenar with this T-shirt..
"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a Druid."

Hey that idea someone said about charging plats for res for folks below level 20 or something kicks ass!
Make it below level 25.

------------------
Mogr -=BloodSeeker=-
"If it bleeds, we can killit."

Ythera group-says 'Fotex, what's my ghost doing- giving him a blowjob?'
Tanji group-says 'if so I want the next turn'
Jegzed
Sojourner

Postby Jegzed » Mon Nov 18, 2002 9:10 am

Daz, are you serious?

I mean, not casting haste in zones, as the damn liches and elementalists are supposed to do that is ONE thing.

But not hasting when doing exp is utterly retarded. Its the ONE thing we do that actually speed up exp for us. Raying and blurring is useless, as it just makes less damage on the tank, and gives us less stone exp.

Sure, you might miss to keep all rogues hasted all the time, or have to skip tank or force the 3 extra rangers to use archery, because you can't keep all hastes up, BUT refusing to haste at all is just being an asshole to your group. Think of it as a warrior who refuse to rescue you, cause he thinks its hard to type rescue and just want to hitall.

Then, what do I know? I've only leveled 2 enchanters to 50, and a third to 35.

------------------
/Jegzed - Sorcere Master - Crimson Coalition
Deshana
Sojourner

Postby Deshana » Mon Nov 18, 2002 11:31 am

heh.

***** tells you, "Well me"

***** tells you, "Well me now"

***** tells you, "Well me"

15 tells later..

***** tells you, "Free for a well please?"

*casting* Have we ever mentioned moonwell is the longest casting time?

nobody playing by that name
you abort your prayer

mwrite ***** .... Don't do that.

Don't do that..
Don't go invis..
druids don't get di.

*bangs head against wall*

I don't mind being a taxi.. sometimes.
some people take no for an answer.
others i get..
***** tells you, "well me"
you tell *****, "Sorry mid zone"
***** tells you, "Well me anyways"
you tell *****, "I'm in the middle of a zone, sorry."

**** tells you, "you're being ridiculous."

Nice.

-Deshana "Say Please, or pay 100 plat" Brightstar.

------------------
Cold Fire Frozen Spirit
IcePhoenix.

Thanuk group-says 'btw u all get to tell everyone u popped my cherry now:)'
Musi
Sojourner

Postby Musi » Mon Nov 18, 2002 12:45 pm

*comfort Deshana*
*hugs*

------------------
Musi "To Avernus!"
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:04 pm

Agree. It's just great when ppl are !well and keep insisting that they're wellable.
"Nope, something must be wrong on your end."

"I'm in freaking waterdeep!"

*comf*

------------------
Xisiqomelir OOC: 'Human girls are for eating '
Chandigar group-says 'FS: Full body armor, ac5, -5 hit -5 dam, prot mori'
muma
Sojourner

Postby muma » Mon Nov 18, 2002 9:05 pm

men

------------------
Leah A. W.

Golnol jumps into muma's arms and gives her a kiss on the cheek

Yonkle OOC: 'Sometimes ooc sounds like Sleep Deprivation Anonymous.' <-- ROFL

Ythera OOC: 'Her pink can fly forth and sting the neck of a cobra, causing it instant death before it can even realize what the blur of motion in the air in front of it is!'

Kasula OOC: 'im kinda like a touch lamp... touch me in the right place and turn me on'

Kossuth OOC: 'p. diddy picked a peck of pickled peppers?'
Daz
Sojourner

Postby Daz » Mon Nov 18, 2002 9:30 pm

i am seeing a trend in muma's posting . . .
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Mon Nov 18, 2002 10:40 pm

Yes Kasula. That's exactly the point. If you are forced to quit a class like that, and you are not the only one I might add, then something needs to be said about it, even if it is off track or wildly inaccurate. If noone ever says anything... Well you get the idea. Image

I feel the same as you. I quit playing my enchanter for close to the same reasons as yours.

------------------
Malacar - omg ymir!
Daz
Sojourner

Postby Daz » Mon Nov 18, 2002 10:49 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jegzed:
<B>Daz, are you serious?

I mean, not casting haste in zones, as the damn liches and elementalists are supposed to do that is ONE thing.

But not hasting when doing exp is utterly retarded. Its the ONE thing we do that actually speed up exp for us. Raying and blurring is useless, as it just makes less damage on the tank, and gives us less stone exp.

Sure, you might miss to keep all rogues hasted all the time, or have to skip tank or force the 3 extra rangers to use archery, because you can't keep all hastes up, BUT refusing to haste at all is just being an asshole to your group. Think of it as a warrior who refuse to rescue you, cause he thinks its hard to type rescue and just want to hitall.

Then, what do I know? I've only leveled 2 enchanters to 50, and a third to 35.

i cast haste. unless people are rude about it. if you think haste is all we are good for, then i won't mind not grouping with you. i don't care if you have 75 level 50 enchanters.
Kasula
Sojourner

Postby Kasula » Mon Nov 18, 2002 10:51 pm

I m Jack's complete lack of surprise...
Marforp
Sojourner

Postby Marforp » Thu Nov 21, 2002 1:46 am

*topic bump*

Two quick cents sense I just read through two of these horrably long posts.

First I was thinking yeah why not lengthen haste. Second, I thought hrmm if their are group other spells why not just make a high level 'mass haste' spell. Third, thought why not allow all non-agro spells to be stacked in a way. You type "cast 'haste' kurz kanthas tagad" and you use three haste spells it takes 1/2 the time to casts as it would normally take and three players are hasted.

Fourth and final thought, screw it keep it the way it is. The constant changing of classes has made all caster area nukes, removed monks, brought us from pc tanks to elemental tanks back to mostly pc tanks, etc.... It was much simpler before when stone was THE defense spell and groups HAD to have an sorc, cleric, warrior. Does constantly hasting cause some to quit or not even try the class? Sure. Think about it this way though. Think back to all "high" levels who have played this class for a significant amount of time. I would argue that the group outshines those that have played any other classes. There are certainly your great leaders that, for the most part, have come out of the warrior classes, but their are also plenty of warrior twinks. The "Sorcerer" class though has missed out on the "Shabay"'s, "Mikar"'s, etc....

p.s. I say that "insulting" comment regarding those two characters with gladly admiting that I grouped with both and enjoyed it. Mikar especially was a blast. His only problem was that he allowed the little folks of the mud to join him and allowed them to grow up with him. Caused some spanks, but also lots of fun.

p.p.s. What the hell do I know though only played the class for almost a decade now.

------------------
Marforp / Sasdor
and now the new improved Pofas!!
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Thu Nov 21, 2002 2:42 am

Fred tells you 'can you well me?'

You tell Fred 'sure, where to?'

Fred tells you 'one sec'

Fred tells you 'okay well me'

well fred ******************************

Fred tells you 'hrmmm this isnt EM'

*agree fred*

*go continue your battle*

Fred tells 'you can you well me back to WD?'

*mutter*

c 'word'

well fred ******************************************

enter well
*appear at WD*
Fred tells you 'is okay i got one from mary'

*stomp*

*walk back to Hulburg where you were adventuring*

Fred tells you 'okay got it now, can i get a well to Tom RQ, is really important sorry'

well fred *******************************

well tom 'no-one here by that name'

say 'tell tom to go vis'

Fred says 'he isnt on just yet one sec'

kill fred
'player killing is not currently supported'
*mutter*

tony stands here
bob stands here
alice stands here
satan stands here
reginold stands here
wilbur stand here

Tony g-says 'Well in daisy'

well daisy *************************

Daisy steps out of moonwell
Fred steps out of moonwell

*choke fred*

say go back suckah!

Daisy enters a moonwell

A moonwell crumbles to poo.

Fred says 'wow where are we? can i get a well back to WD plz?'

kill fred
'player killing is not supported atm'

say 'sorry fred you have used your 3 well limit for today, any more wells are charged at 1K per piece.'

fred says 'nogs sorry bout that, so how would i walk to ako village then?'

who fred

Fred 'Ranger' Lvl 20 -Legendary Explorer- Let's Do Ship

Ned tells you 'can you well me?'

*scream*

[This message has been edited by Sarell (edited 11-20-2002).]
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Thu Nov 21, 2002 3:20 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Xisiqomelir:
<B> Does that include casters in the group? If so, thats hilarious.

Yep. When someone gets forceful enough, I start to haste the clerics and mages in a crude attempt to get my point across.

------------------
-Yayaril
Gort
Sojourner

Postby Gort » Thu Nov 21, 2002 4:42 am

Comfort Sarell, Deshana, all druids, and Enchanters, and anyone else who's suffered through rude, clueless, or just plain dumb people.

I try to keep my personal clueless moments to a minimum, and for those I also apologize.

Toplack

------------------
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Thu Nov 21, 2002 9:47 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Marforp:
<B>Mikar especially was a blast. His only problem was that he allowed the little folks of the mud to join him and allowed them to grow up with him. Caused some spanks, but also lots of fun.

p.p.s. What the hell do I know though only played the class for almost a decade now.

What, you meant it was already proven?

------------------
Xisiqomelir OOC: 'Human girls are for eating '
Chandigar group-says 'FS: Full body armor, ac5, -5 hit -5 dam, prot mori'
Nekler group-says 'do NOT rescue mori. he is to die this trip :P'
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Thu Nov 21, 2002 11:33 pm

All of you shut up and do as your told.

------------------
Thanuk Pantherclaw
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Fri Nov 22, 2002 3:51 am

bah, they are not clueless!!! fred is just thanuk's secret alt he gets out to torture me now and then Image

------------------
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Fri Nov 22, 2002 4:34 am

Y'know what I hate? When people tell me how to assist and shit. Can't stand it.

------------------
- Ragorn
Rondandal tells you 'I take it your goal is to clash?'

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”