Gods and such

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Zheltry
Sojourner

Gods and such

Postby Zheltry » Wed Mar 21, 2001 3:20 am

I'm trying to find out some information regarding the Gods of the realms.

First, I'd like to know who you guys chose as your patron God, and the extent to which you worked your devotion into your mud life. Did you mention your God in your war cry or daily life? Did many people make an attempt at role play in this area?

Also, were there many items in the game having to do with specific Gods? I think I remember being given a token of Selune at one point, which I thought was extremely cool.

And finally, were there any temples or areas devoted to the Gods? An alter of any kind, or certain cities based on beliefs of the Gods? I remember the Auril-based IC, but that's it.

Questing for divine knowledge,
Zheltry
Elarin
Sojourner

Postby Elarin » Wed Mar 21, 2001 6:00 pm

I chose Corellon Larethian, of whom I was (and will be) a cleric. the aliases i had set up for my spells had me saying some phrase, usually praising Corellon, before casting them. I don't remember encountering any temples dedicated to specific gods though.

Elarin
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Wed Mar 21, 2001 7:57 pm

Ragorn worshipped Deneir. Once, on prewipe Sojourn, I had been particularly obnoxious over petition, and Deneir grabbed me and sat me down in his god room. He basically gave me Advanced Godding 101 and explained why certain things happen the way they do, etc etc. Up until then, I'd had nothing but negative interaction with the staff of Sojourn, so I immediately thanked Deneir for his trouble by switching Ragorn's diety.

In the roleplay sense, Ragorn partially denounced the ways of justice and the ways of his brethren. Ragorn was a crusader for free thought, and the free interpretation of right and wrong. He didn't tolerate anyone telling him what was fair and what deserved to be punished. He was a seeker of worldly wisdom, because he didn't believe an unwise person was qualified to judge others on right and wrong. Deneir was what, the god of Art and Libraries? So Ragorn devoted his moral life to studying the works kept in Deneir's vast libraries.

I don't remember seeing any Deneir related items in the MUD though.. if I had, I probably would have tried to get one.

- Ragorn
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Wed Mar 21, 2001 8:07 pm

Lemme see...

Tatayana - Silvanus (Ranger)
Malacar - Mielikki (Ranger)
Kelwynne - Azuth (Enchanter)
Byrn - Tempus (Warrior)

Think that was it for me...
Pretty generic, no great stories. Image

Mal
Orvik
Sojourner

Postby Orvik » Wed Mar 21, 2001 11:58 pm

lets see,

temple of Umberlee(?) in SE Baldur's gate
temple of Bane/Bhaal/Cyric(?) in ZK
shrine to earthmother on MS
believe there was something in Lieuthspar
Ao/valk temple in menden
Calimport had Sharess and Helm I think
Selias
Sojourner

Postby Selias » Thu Mar 22, 2001 12:06 am

My char worships Corellon, along with Selune (I think... it's the one who cried and created elves w/corellon's blood). Anyway, I wrote an RP story about it a while back. Didn't really work it into my character's actions though. Might have mentioned it once or twice
Treladian
Sojourner

Postby Treladian » Thu Mar 22, 2001 2:42 am

Last time around, Trel didn't really worship a god in the traditional sense. Treladian was an RPed as an arctic ranger, so unlike more rangers Mielikki wouldn't be a good choice to worship since she's the goddess of woodlands. Auril is the goddess of ice and cold, but seeing as how she's a very evil goddess she would be an even worse choice =p Silvanus is the god of nature in general, but just of nature in and of itself, not one concerned with the wellbeing of people, and hence not one that completely would match Trel's view on things. So basically Treladian worshipped no god as a patron, but still paid respect to Mielikki as the patron of rangers and Silvanus as a god of nature without really being a member of their worshippers.

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”