Elite to the End

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Llaaldara
Sojourner

Elite to the End

Postby Llaaldara » Mon Dec 09, 2002 3:48 am

Elite (3L33t)

We throw this word around a lot. A lot of people love to claim they are, and some put this label on others.
But what does it mean to be Elite? What is it that Elite players do that makes them different from other players? If you were Elite, how would you know? Or wouldn’t you? We probably all have our own little definitions of what it means to be Elite, and if that was the purpose of this post, then I’m sure asking each of you for a definition would turn this thread into a very long one. But that’s not my intention today. I’d like to take a brief moment of your time to share with you all a little bit about a friend of mine.

I first met him when he was a 30’s troll warrior. I asked him if he’d like to do SG with the group I put together, he came along, and so began our longtime friendship that spanned 3 guilds.

I never witnessed a time when he was upset from dying. Not when he was mid level, and certainly not when a high level zoner.

He never lost his cool. Never unloaded verbally onto someone. Never seemed to get upset. As far as I know, he didn’t have a temper.

When things went to hell in a zone, he always shined. He didn’t just do his job, he did more then his job, and he always did it in a manner that was never offensive or condescending to anyone.

He made people feel good about themselves by just being with him.

I always felt a sense of relief when he was one of my tanks in a zone, or just the group I was in.

Always first to lend a hand, and the last to leave, he was always there when you needed him.

He lived for the companionship and friends he made, not the game itself.

I never found him once claiming to be elite, yet he played so well.

He wouldn’t just learn quests for himself, he’d learn them for others and teach them.

When I proposed a guild donation system, he was the first to jump in and donate equipment, and I don’t mean sub-items either, but nice things.

As a testament to his extreme generosity, on his last night of mudding, he helped to complete an entire quest spell for an absent guild member, and then donated all his worldly possessions for me to distribute accordingly.

He thanked me repeatedly for the fun mudding times we spent together.

I will miss him dearly, because in my heart, he was always the very definition of what I consider ‘Elite’.

Thank me? No Cruk, thank YOU for everything. You made Mudding its best. I can only wish that I can someday live up to the standards you set.

Hugs&Shmooches4ever,

-Ll
Mplor
Sojourner

Postby Mplor » Mon Dec 09, 2002 5:24 am

Nice tribute. Good folks like this are always valued wherever they go. Farewell!

------------------
Silsaterur
Sojourner

Postby Silsaterur » Mon Dec 09, 2002 6:05 am

I only had the honour of grouping with him to zone 3 times, but each was a fast fun-filled experience.

Spank on Brass? Hell, he volunteered to help us out. Then when the zone was all done, he handed off his bid to someone that needed it for a freind.

Cruk, wheresoever you go, don't change.

------------------
Adilmir tells you 'are you a Mumavore?'
Daz
Sojourner

Postby Daz » Mon Dec 09, 2002 6:39 am

yeah, i think i'd have to agree. that pretty much sums up what a leet player is.
groguk
Sojourner

Postby groguk » Mon Dec 09, 2002 7:06 pm

its been a while since i have seen cruk, but i can remember him helping me when i was younger. he kinda took me under his wing for a few weeks, showed me the ropes and helped me build up my set of eq a little. from talking to others, this was not uncommon of him, and he may not even remember helping me. i just hope some day i can live up the standard he set
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Mon Dec 09, 2002 9:59 pm

Cruk 0w|\|5 m|9h+|ly

------------------
Kiaransalee responds to your petition with 'look on the bright side, I just saved you some corpses. We all know you would have gotten spanked'
Diel
Sojourner

Postby Diel » Mon Dec 09, 2002 10:12 pm

Anyone remember the time I let a gith knight loose in WD and it turned into a full blown undead slaughter, or better yet, the time I let one loose in Split Shield? I think that makes me elite!

Or maybe I'm the complete opposite! Yeah!
I'm just bored and rambling. Sorry to ruin this post :P
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Mon Dec 09, 2002 10:42 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Diel:
<B>Anyone remember the time I let a gith knight loose in WD and it turned into a full blown undead slaughter, or better yet, the time I let one loose in Split Shield? I think that makes me elite!

I'm just bored and rambling. Sorry to ruin this post :P</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I miss this sorta stuff.

We need to attatch a .1% rareload to DK and WD that loads rampaging dragons or beholder armies or something...

------------------
Kiaransalee responds to your petition with 'look on the bright side, I just saved you some corpses. We all know you would have gotten spanked'
Bizal
Sojourner

Postby Bizal » Mon Dec 09, 2002 11:01 pm

Cruk, I am gonna miss ya !

You might not even know it, but u where the reason I rolled an evil char. I met u with my goodie and u showed me allot of the "world". You helped me get some midlvl equipment when I didnt know anybody. Now I have been guilded with you for 3-4 months and it has been great !

Hope you stop by to say hi every once in a while. Good luck with the real world and your marriage.
yuggok
Sojourner

Postby yuggok » Mon Dec 09, 2002 11:04 pm

Take care Cruk! We'll definitely miss you...

...until you get back Image

------------------
'Ixixalax group-projects 'bahah whos da man!'
Ixixalax has just realized it has no visible means of support!
Ixixalax suddenly remembers that it can't fly, right before dropping like a stone.
Your blood freezes as you hear the rattling death cry of Ixixalax.
Ixixalax has left the group.'
sok
Sojourner

Postby sok » Tue Dec 10, 2002 12:39 am

'Ixixalax group-projects 'bahah whos da man!'
Ixixalax has just realized it has no visible means of support!
Ixixalax suddenly remembers that it can't fly, right before dropping like a stone.
Your blood freezes as you hear the rattling death cry of Ixixalax.
Ixixalax has left the group.'

----------------------

good one there squid.
Tanji Smanji
Sojourner

Postby Tanji Smanji » Tue Dec 10, 2002 2:28 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Diel:
<B>Anyone remember the time I let a gith knight loose in WD and it turned into a full blown undead slaughter, or better yet, the time I let one loose in Split Shield? I think that makes me elite!

I'm just bored and rambling. Sorry to ruin this post :P</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Or the time(s) I dragged the golden flame knight or citadel wraiths into WD?! Now that was fun!

------------------
How to go from Waelos to Weylarii.

Weylarii group-says 'oh shit! my penis is stuck in the toaster. afk'
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Fri Dec 13, 2002 4:03 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Tanji Smanji:
<B> Or the time(s) I dragged the golden flame knight or citadel wraiths into WD?! Now that was fun!
</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who dragged the hecuvas that other time from UM?

------------------
Shevarash responds to your petition with 'You are the wind beneath my wings.'

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”