A bold venture my fellow trolls and ogres

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Wobb
Sojourner

A bold venture my fellow trolls and ogres

Postby Wobb » Thu Dec 12, 2002 2:35 am

I would like to rekindle some of the old school evil days by proposing the following:

I would like a group of only Ogres and Trolls to do jot. I think it would be something you could look back on and say even in the midst of everything you have done, "wow, that was fun!" I think it will be a challenge, but I think it will be a blast for those that can make it.

With the date pending, I would tentatively like to do it just before Chaos Christmas begins. So all you Troll and Ogre warriors and shamans who are interested, let me know sometime in the next couple of days either via mudmail or just post here.

I can't wait to see all the creative things a group of Warriors and shamans can do together.

Wobb

------------------
Wobb
"If you ever need a quick pick-me-up, just stick my balls in your mouth." --Chef, South Park
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Thu Dec 12, 2002 2:47 am

didn't you guys also have outcasts too? necros and anti paladins too? what's the point of this?

------------------
Shevarash OOC: 'I never thought I'd long for Muma to be on OOC'

[This message has been edited by Dalar (edited 12-11-2002).]
Wobb
Sojourner

Postby Wobb » Thu Dec 12, 2002 2:53 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dalar:
<B>didn't you guys also have outcasts too? necros and anti paladins too? what's the point of this?

</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The evils will know the point. It's to do something fun and challenging, flex our skills as players. Silly goodie.

------------------
Wobb
"If you ever need a quick pick-me-up, just stick my balls in your mouth." --Chef, South Park
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Thu Dec 12, 2002 2:59 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Wobb:
<B> The evils will know the point. It's to do something fun and challenging, flex our skills as players. Silly goodie.

then why say to bring back the old days? it's the same as me getting an all barbarian group and going to jot. then again barbarians had conjurers back then too

------------------
Braggo Boulderbasher
Sojourner

Postby Braggo Boulderbasher » Thu Dec 12, 2002 3:22 am

time permitting i'll be there, sounds great Image

------------------
Braggo Boulderbasher
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Thu Dec 12, 2002 4:34 am

Same as Imphras nekkid week. It's just for fun silly barbarian. You do know what fun is, don't you?
Zrax
Sojourner

Postby Zrax » Thu Dec 12, 2002 6:08 am

My guess is it will be a mighty short trip. Sitting around DK wishing someone could open a portal. Image

I think it's a cool idea Wobb, If you are short let me know and I may dust myself off for it.

------------------
And shepherds we shall be, for Thee my Lord, for Thee.
Power hath descended forth from Thy hand,
that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.
We will flow a river forth unto Thee,
and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In nomine Patris, et Fili, et Spiritu Sancti.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Thu Dec 12, 2002 6:34 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ashiwi:
Same as Imphras nekkid week. It's just for fun silly barbarian. You do know what fun is, don't you?</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

yea, but i like to call it "posting pictures of engrish made by japanese girls"
also i thought old school evil had outcasts.
------------------

[This message has been edited by Dalar (edited 12-12-2002).]
Ensis
Sojourner

Postby Ensis » Thu Dec 12, 2002 7:45 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dalar:
<B> yea, but i like to call it "posting pictures of engrish made by japanese girls"
also i thought old school evil had outcasts. </B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

old school didnt have THAT many outcasts..you'd be surprised at the small number of people were willing to turn their backs on gatemaster/dockmaster exp back then.

------------------
Ensis Inferni
Bish Enterprises Inc.
All Rights Reserved
Copyright 1999 Fydollaho Productions.
Zoldren
Sojourner

Postby Zoldren » Thu Dec 12, 2002 1:35 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ensis:
<B> old school didnt have THAT many outcasts..you'd be surprised at the small number of people were willing to turn their backs on gatemaster/dockmaster exp back then.

shrug i remember bards clerics invokers antis druids enchanters all going outcast......not all of them but a good amount...

------------------
MoM-D
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Thu Dec 12, 2002 5:38 pm

fun+style > all.

Go ebils!

------------------
Shevarash responds to your petition with 'You are the wind beneath my wings.'
Marforp
Sojourner

Postby Marforp » Thu Dec 12, 2002 8:37 pm

Wow Dalar I just found a new meaning of old school. ROFL invokers!!!! If that is old school then that noob I saw last week running around with a leather collar and looking for the turning point will soon be old school. "Old school" evils did not have outcast casters at all let alone enchanters and invokers.

Now granted this means that the Jot trip per say won't be old school, because old school couldn't do jot.... For the most part the old school techniques will be there.

Wobb,
Count me in wouldn't miss it! (Loki should be fun!)

Hrmmm actually I think we should plan similar things to this more often. All drow, all human, etc... all ogre and all halfling would be fun to see.

------------------
Marforp / Sasdor
and now the new improved Pofas!!
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Thu Dec 12, 2002 8:56 pm

If we're gonna go oldschool we might as well let trolls back into wd Image

------------------
Thanuk Pantherclaw
Belleshel group-says 'hmm Im not sure why miax and company doesn't scrap the mud and let thanuk run it
his way.. it's obviously the right way.'
Mikayla
Sojourner

Postby Mikayla » Thu Dec 12, 2002 9:19 pm

<B> yea, but i like to call it "posting pictures of engrish made by japanese girls"
also i thought old school evil had outcasts. </B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

i remember quite a bit of them going outcast

------------------
Her Royal Bitchness Eye Aeturnum
Drakkoth
Sojourner

Postby Drakkoth » Thu Dec 12, 2002 10:50 pm

While a Troll/Ogre group never did anything of note in the beginning (certainly not Jot which wasn't in yet), Wobb is right about the old days of Troll/Ogre comradery.

Originally, Trolls and Ogres could group with goods. Sadly, my Ogre and Serro's Troll unbalanced things to such a degree (sic), that we had to be segregated.

(Actually, the week or two that Ogres could bash dragons and anything else, it probably was a little silly. I remember a lot of people raising an eyebrow when the Brass Sultan (a big mob at the time) sat on his ass from Fine to Awful at the hands of yours truly)

Anyway, I don't remember this influx of "outcasts," or if there even was such a thing at the time, but they certainly didn't come flocking to the rescue of Ogres when I was playing.

And in that time, there was precious little an aspiring Ogre or Troll could do except pal around the two evil cities and try to barsh stuff with eachother. Maybe take out Jenna (or whatever that roadhouse tart is named) as a crowning achievement.

I remember a lot of days romping around Faang, hording up the few decent items (like the batskin mask) that goodies couldn't get, with a certain Troll berserker by the name of Thrakazog. (Wherever you are, man, may your berserk always stay on, and your headbutt never backfire.)

Then there were a few shamans mixed in, but I can't remember any of their names.

Once in a while, we'd get the who list of ogres and trolls and try to do something bigger, failing miserably.

If I read this correctly, that is the elegiac past which Wobb wishes to pay homage to. A time when Ogres and Trolls had nothing to depend on other than eachother.

Quelle courage, I say.
Mikayla
Sojourner

Postby Mikayla » Thu Dec 12, 2002 11:01 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Drakkoth:
<B>While a Troll/Ogre group never did anything of note in the beginning (certainly not Jot which wasn't in yet), Wobb is right about the old days of Troll/Ogre comradery.

Originally, Trolls and Ogres could group with goods. Sadly, my Ogre and Serro's Troll unbalanced things to such a degree (sic), that we had to be segregated.

(Actually, the week or two that Ogres could bash dragons and anything else, it probably was a little silly. I remember a lot of people raising an eyebrow when the Brass Sultan (a big mob at the time) sat on his ass from Fine to Awful at the hands of yours truly)

Anyway, I don't remember this influx of "outcasts," or if there even was such a thing at the time, but they certainly didn't come flocking to the rescue of Ogres when I was playing.

And in that time, there was precious little an aspiring Ogre or Troll could do except pal around the two evil cities and try to barsh stuff with eachother. Maybe take out Jenna (or whatever that roadhouse tart is named) as a crowning achievement.

I remember a lot of days romping around Faang, hording up the few decent items (like the batskin mask) that goodies couldn't get, with a certain Troll berserker by the name of Thrakazog. (Wherever you are, man, may your berserk always stay on, and your headbutt never backfire.)

Then there were a few shamans mixed in, but I can't remember any of their names.

Once in a while, we'd get the who list of ogres and trolls and try to do something bigger, failing miserably.

If I read this correctly, that is the elegiac past which Wobb wishes to pay homage to. A time when Ogres and Trolls had nothing to depend on other than eachother.

Quelle courage, I say.</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

now just cuz serro and me could do cc back then does not mean it was over ballanced, you forgot about thrakazog also Image

------------------
Her Royal Bitchness Eye Aeturnum
Yasden
Sojourner

Postby Yasden » Thu Dec 12, 2002 11:43 pm

Most goodies either went evil align or OC for one reason:

Dbones.

That included getting caught buying/trading for them. :P Not all OC's were intentional.

*poke drakkoth* Dude! I never knew you were the original ogrezerk, otherwise I'd have made you sit and chat with me about the old days. And here I was beginning to think there were no old evils left from the "trolls/ogres in WD" era but me. Image

Get in touch with me! I'm usually about as Targsk (remember that name? Or possibly Gaban) or Aristan.

Deathmagnet

P.S. Wobb, count me in if you got room for another. I miss the days of smearing Ghore with shaman stone/vit/heal and glance bashing. Image You do know that we're going to pwn jot. Gheal + ancestral shield rules!
Marforp
Sojourner

Postby Marforp » Sat Dec 14, 2002 1:17 am

Saddly RL just pulled me away making me a liar about not missing it. If you have another adventure I'm there though.

Note on the OC issue: really there weren't many till around the Kanthas evil days. Or at least more correctly none that would group much with evils. For example when I started to group with Kanthas as an evil glober I was normally the only evil glober on. That changed over time and I actually ended up playing more of my ogre then Marforp as time wore on, but the point is pre-Kanthas there wasn't much going on with evils doing anything (note to those that stuck it through the hard core evil only years I'm not saying you all sucked, just the groups never ended up getting together that could do anything pre-Kanthas...hell if one of you had an avernus maybe that would have changed).

------------------
Marforp / Sasdor
and now the new improved Pofas!!
Gyrx
Sojourner

Postby Gyrx » Sat Dec 14, 2002 6:12 am

If i can gather up Gyrx's eq back from whoever has it, count me in!

Hell, i'll do it nekkid!
Gura
Sojourner

Postby Gura » Sat Dec 14, 2002 8:39 am

last all troll/ogre group i remember was Swamp Hunters..they went to yath olath...got spanked real bad on dragon and it ended up being a really nasty CR..was fun CRing them tho

------------------
Dornax says 'And for the right amount of information ye might get some nookie out of Nokie..'

Nokie wiggles his bottom.
Wobb
Sojourner

Postby Wobb » Sat Dec 14, 2002 3:55 pm

Depending on who is available and whether or not you can still walk to astral (i'm more concerned about getting off jot then getting up there), we might cheat and take one gater with us. But anyhow, we will be primarily warriors and shamans--trolls and ogres!

Woot!

------------------
Wobb
Galkar
Sojourner

Postby Galkar » Sat Dec 14, 2002 8:10 pm

I'd say you'd do pretty good, few setbacks when someone dies and !resser, but other than taking a long ass time, you should be fairly decent in taking jot Image

And back in the "old days" when any evil race but troll and ogre were just a dream, there were some oc's. I remember one druid, a bard, a couple of clerics and sorcs. Maybe 10 active high level oc characters. Granted I wasn't quite a lev 40 troll in those days, but that's about all I remember.

------------------
Cordan Se'Draka - Paladin of Helm - Mortal Eye of the Vigilant One -
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Sat Dec 14, 2002 10:07 pm

no Troll/Ogre group would be complete without *THE* phatty

count me in wobblie ...

------------------
Ambar -= Beloved Matron =- Crimson Coalition

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”