bug in disarm code + bug in blind code

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
turg
Sojourner

bug in disarm code + bug in blind code

Postby turg » Fri Dec 13, 2002 7:53 pm

I hate to gripe but I have few things I think need to be fixed.

First, the bashing due to trying to get weapons after a disarm...sure this seems practical, but what if the mob is bashed itself, should it not matter? sure i can sit and spam get weapon but what is the use of disarm if I have to cheese code to make it useful?

Second, I was fighting rogue assassin in gloomhaven and within 10seconds of ssorcasus blinding him i reclined under and starting project forcing him. within 15seconds he switched to me, once again bashed. so now the mob blind and bashed can switch me, how is this possible? Just wondering ifit was meant to be this way or error in code? sorry for whinin

Turg

------------------
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Sat Dec 14, 2002 4:34 pm

I've seen the disarm thing.. I think its a mob proc to try to get their wep back.

The other one happens also with certain 'helper' mobs, such as the assistants in IC. They can rescue and switch while bashed too. Dunno if thats right, but I've seen it too.
Ensis
Sojourner

Postby Ensis » Sat Dec 14, 2002 4:59 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by rylan:
<B>I've seen the disarm thing.. I think its a mob proc to try to get their wep back.

The other one happens also with certain 'helper' mobs, such as the assistants in IC. They can rescue and switch while bashed too. Dunno if thats right, but I've seen it too.</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mob weapon retrieval/protection code lets them pick up weapons regardless of whether or not they're blind/bashed/stunned/etc.. dont get me wrong, i like the code, but for the most part it is just a matter of making a trigger to spam "get (weapon)"

------------------
Ensis Inferni
Bish Enterprises Inc.
All Rights Reserved
Copyright 1999 Fydollaho Productions.
Yasden
Sojourner

Postby Yasden » Sat Dec 14, 2002 10:50 pm

Nice thing about the code though, mobs will not rewield their weapons when blind. It could be fixed though...just ask Kia. :P

Deathmagnet
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Sun Dec 15, 2002 3:44 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by rylan:
<B>I've seen the disarm thing.. I think its a mob proc to try to get their wep back.

The other one happens also with certain 'helper' mobs, such as the assistants in IC. They can rescue and switch while bashed too. Dunno if thats right, but I've seen it too.</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

They rescue while blind. bashed. MAJOR PARA'd.

So yes, that's definitely right. I think they can rescue while incap'd, but not sure on that.

------------------
Shevarash responds to your petition with 'You are the wind beneath my wings.'

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”