Who's the real deal in the NFL?

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
thanuk
Sojourner

Who\'s the real deal in the NFL?

Postby thanuk » Fri Dec 27, 2002 6:59 pm

Well its week 17, and hardly anything has been decided. Tampa looked like the real deal, until the steelers mopped the floor with them. I was almost starting to believe the packers were the real deal, until their unconvincing victory against buffalo. The aints are back for december, and so are the fins, who can't seem to pull it together in cold weather. J-E-T-S is making their last push, but chrebet may have Just Ended The Season in chicago two weeks ago, cuz they are looking for some help to get a spot. The g-men, i hate to admit it, are starting to look like a serious football team in late december. The only team i would call the real deal so far is philly, who keeps winning without their star quarterback. That of course raises the question, is McNabb really that good, or is he just enjoying the effects of good coaching. I think they should call it the Kurt Warner effect, as he has proven himself to be garbage without the help of his offensive coordinator.
Its gonna be a great weekend. Enjoy it while you can, because for one week only i am a patriot, bronco, falcon, and raider fan.
Playoff picks:
AFC
1. Oakland
2. Tennessee
3. Pittsburg
4. J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS
5. Indianapolis
6. Denver
Jets over indy in the first round, denver over pittsburg.
Jets over tenessee in the 2nd round, Oakland over denver.
My heart says J-E-T-S, but my mind says Oakland with a big win in the black hole over the jets in the AFC championship.
NFC
1. Philly
2. Green Bay
3. Tampa Bay
4. San Francisco
5. Atlanta
6. NY Giants
The niners take out atlanta in the first round, and the G-men pull off a shocker in tampa, who cant win a playoff game for shite.
The giants go into philly and abuse donovan mcnabb, who will undoubtedly come back to play in the playoffs and screw his team cuz he wont be ready to play.
Green bay will walk all over the 49ers up in wisconsin, blowout victory for the pack.
Green bay will abuse the giants in the NFC championship, winning by at least 2 touchdowns.

Green bay vs. Oakland in the big game. Brett Favre will win this game by himself if he has to, Oakland will put up a good fight, but nobody is gonna want this win more than Favre. If the rest of us are lucky, favre will walk off the field as a champion, never to play again, removing the only shred of decency left in the NFC north, and the division will crumble to mediocrity again. Will be a great superbowl, pretty high-scoring, lots of excitement. It will come down to the last 5 minutes, there will be no superbowl routing this year.

------------------
Thanuk Pantherclaw

Gargauth responds to your petition with 'whats your point, we hate you'
Tasan
Sojourner

Postby Tasan » Fri Dec 27, 2002 7:16 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by thanuk:
<B>
Green bay will walk all over the 49ers up in wisconsin, blowout victory for the pack.
Green bay will abuse the giants in the NFC championship, winning by at least 2 touchdowns.
</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm going to go out on a limb here and completely deny this stuff. Green bay's defense is falling apart quickly, and if Farve doesn't have the ball to do damage with then they are going to be SOL.

Let's just pray for another Ice Bowl, at least those are entertaining.

Go Raiders.

Twinshadow

------------------
Kribble tells you 'everytime I've seen you die it was doing something cool or trying to save someone's ass... die away!'
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Fri Dec 27, 2002 7:46 pm

Jets suck. I can't wait to see them eliminated. Stupid Pats couldn't get the job done last week.. feh
Zrax
Sojourner

Postby Zrax » Fri Dec 27, 2002 7:54 pm

Greenbay shut out Buffalo last weekend and had like 2 int's 3 fumble recoveries and 6 sacks...

------------------
And shepherds we shall be, for Thee my Lord, for Thee.
Power hath descended forth from Thy hand,
that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.
We will flow a river forth unto Thee,
and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In nomine Patris, et Fili, et Spiritu Sancti.
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Fri Dec 27, 2002 7:56 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by rylan:
Jets suck. I can't wait to see them eliminated. Stupid Pats couldn't get the job done last week.. feh</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

How bout you scrubs get the job done this weekend and knock miami out of the playoffs? It actually causes me physical pain to type this, but lets go pats!

------------------
Thanuk Pantherclaw

thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Fri Dec 27, 2002 7:56 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Zrax:
<B>Greenbay shut out Buffalo last weekend and had like 2 int's 3 fumble recoveries and 6 sacks...

And they turned that into 10 points. how dominant.

------------------
Thanuk Pantherclaw

Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Fri Dec 27, 2002 8:21 pm

The Dolphins would massacre the Pats in their home climate, but in the cold like this? Forgettaboutit. The dolphins are probably gonna get clobbered.

I still don't think the Jets will take it this week though. I just don't think they're good enough against a team like Green Bay.

Call it a hunch.

------------------
Malacar - omg ymir!
Tanji ASSOC:: 'god was blueballed the night before he made Thanuk'
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Fri Dec 27, 2002 11:14 pm

Yeah, geez.. Pats better kill Miami. I don't want to see them in the playoffs almost as much as the jets :P

Too bad that big snowstorm was a few days too early.. I don't know if its going to be cold or snowy enough for Miami to tank like they did against buffalo a month back.
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Sat Dec 28, 2002 1:09 am

Well...

Pats are favored by 7 points over Miami.

Packers are favored by 10 over the Jets.

We'll see, I guess... This year has proven anything can happen.

------------------
Malacar - omg ymir!
Jurdex
Sojourner

Postby Jurdex » Sat Dec 28, 2002 2:22 am

The only problem I have is the Saints are going to the playoffs and you don't have them listed! Image

Brian
~Go Saints!~

------------------
The Raven of Wisdom

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
"My Honor is My Life"
Natix
Sojourner

Postby Natix » Sat Dec 28, 2002 10:23 am

From stem cell research,to NFL coverage,we have it all on the Sojourn3 BBS.
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Sun Dec 29, 2002 1:28 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Malacar:
<B>Well...

Packers are favored by 10 over the Jets.

JETS 1.5 Packers

I dunno wtf u talking about bro Image

------------------
Thanuk Pantherclaw

Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Sun Dec 29, 2002 2:46 pm

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/news/2002/12/26/week17_pickoff/

If the Jets beat the Packers, I'll eat my shirt. I just don't think they are the real deal. Much as I dislike Favre and the Packers, I think they are the real deal.

Ultimately, I think you're hopping behind the Jets only because they are your favorite team. Time to get realistic. Image

------------------
Malacar - omg ymir!
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Sun Dec 29, 2002 11:20 pm

I stand corrected.

On both counts.

------------------
Malacar - omg ymir!
Daz
Sojourner

Postby Daz » Sun Dec 29, 2002 11:47 pm

With Green Bay being clobbered by Jets (Damn Thanuk, I had more faith in your team than you did . . . ) I am hoping to see Tampa win tonight, because, if I am not mistaken, we are due for a first round bye if we can pull off a win tonight, after both the eagles and the pack blow it.

Tampa stumbled against pittsburgh, but keep in mind that Rob Johnson is our quarterback for the time being - with BJ back, and I hate saying this, we will have a real quarterback at the helm. If Sapp is at top form, then the only thing between Tampa and the superbowl is Tampa and the weather.
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Mon Dec 30, 2002 12:06 am

f'in Green Bay. Now that cool come from behind OT win for the Pats over the Dolphins is meaningless. And the damned Jets are going to be in the playoffs.. *bird* I hate the jets.
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Mon Dec 30, 2002 12:19 am

Here's one thing I don't understand... Someone educate me.

The Patriots and the Jets, taking into account the game today, have the EXACT same record. The exact same wins/losses in the AFC, the exact same division record, and the exact same record overall.

Why do the Jets take it? I just don't follow the math.

------------------
Malacar - omg ymir!
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Mon Dec 30, 2002 12:25 am

Good question.. I dunno. Maybe it goes in alphabetical order for a tie. lol
Vahok
Sojourner

Postby Vahok » Mon Dec 30, 2002 1:48 am

Sigh Image It seems other teams couldn't help the Broncos out. Oh well, another 9-7 team not in the playoffs. Curse you Cleveland....I can't wait until they get crushed in the playoffs. Here's to hoping for a good draft...how sad.

P.S. Thanuk, you cursed the Broncos. Damn you!

------------------
Meatshield
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Mon Dec 30, 2002 3:25 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Malacar:
<B>Here's one thing I don't understand... Someone educate me.

The Patriots and the Jets, taking into account the game today, have the EXACT same record. The exact same wins/losses in the AFC, the exact same division record, and the exact same record overall.

Why do the Jets take it? I just don't follow the math.

Record against common opponents. That oh, so tricky 5th tie breaker. J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS...btw i'd like a picture of you eating your shirt.

------------------
Thanuk Pantherclaw

[This message has been edited by thanuk (edited 12-29-2002).]
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Mon Dec 30, 2002 4:08 am

Er... I thought that was the division section?

Do you mean that they compare how both teams played against team X, then figure out that team 1 beat team X more than team 2?

That's retarded. They should have a tie-breaker game. Not that I think the Patriots would win, mind you, but it's a pretty stupid way to decide an entire division.

*shrug*

And the shirt I'd eat has a picture of your mom on it Thanuk... It'd be a pretty nasty picture... Just like your mom after I am done with her.

------------------
Malacar - omg ymir!
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Mon Dec 30, 2002 2:51 pm

[B
If the Jets beat the Packers, I'll eat my shirt. I just don't think they are the real deal. Much as I dislike Favre and the Packers, I think they are the real deal.

Ultimately, I think you're hopping behind the Jets only because they are your favorite team. Time to get realistic. Image

[/B]</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Less momma jokes, more eating of the shirt. Tom Brady has a great arm, I wonder how far he can drive a golf ball? Oh well, he can find that out next week from his house, while he watches the jets slaughter the colts on TV Image
J
E
T
S
JETS
JETS
JETS

------------------
Thanuk Pantherclaw

Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Mon Dec 30, 2002 3:03 pm

No shirt eating will take place.

We still have the same record... So enjoy your fluke win of the division, Spunknuk. :P

------------------
Malacar - omg ymir!
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Mon Dec 30, 2002 3:10 pm

[BIf the Jets beat the Packers, I'll eat my shirt. [/B]</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jets 42, Packers 17.

Primary tie-breakers
For Division ties:
1. Head-to-head
2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games within division
3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games

To be called a fluke victory from a fan of a team who won a superbowl because they fumbled and it didn't count is rather amusing Image Your one year wonder just ended, its time for the real deal to take over.
Thanks for coming back in overtime and knocking yourselves out of contention Image

------------------
Thanuk Pantherclaw

Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Mon Dec 30, 2002 4:14 pm

*snort*

You're the epitomy of what they call a 'sore winner'. The 'I told you so' is rahter unneccessary.

I also said that I stood corrected. Their win was very convincing, but then again, the Pats win was more fun to watch. It wasn't so one-sided.

And with the injuries and loss of good players, I'd hardly call the Patriots one year wonders.

So keep rubbing it in... I'll just laugh in your face when the Jets fail, yet again, to take home a superbowl. Fluke or not, the Pats have a ring that is... recent. Image

------------------
Malacar - omg ymir!
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Mon Dec 30, 2002 5:51 pm

Just
Eat
The
Shirt

You should all be praying that the colts have some kind of miracle week, or else your not gonna hear the end of it for a while Image

------------------
Thanuk Pantherclaw

thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Mon Dec 30, 2002 6:05 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by thanuk:
<B>Playoff picks:
AFC
1. Oakland
2. Tennessee
3. Pittsburg
4. J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS
5. Indianapolis
6. Denver

NFC
1. Philly
2. Green Bay
3. Tampa Bay
4. San Francisco
5. Atlanta
6. NY Giants
Damn im good. I should start gambling on football.
AFC:
1.Oakland
2.Tennessee
3.Pittsburg
4.You know who Image
5.Indianapolis
6.Cleveland
5/6 ain't bad. I still see it playing out almost the same way-
*jets *Jets Jets
Indy Titans
Steelers *Raiders *Raiders
*Browns Browns

NFC:
1. Philly
2. Tampa Bay
3. Green Bay
4. San Francisco
5. NY Giants
6. Atlanta
All the right teams in all the wrong order,
so lemme update a bit

49ers Eagles
*Giants *Giants Giants

Falcons Bucs
*Packers *Packers *Packers

With the pack and the raiders in the super bowl. But since nobody ever picks the playoffs correctly, theres still hope for a jet giant superbowl Image If this happens, i will be absent from the mud for 6-8 weeks to recover from my many injuries after brawling with giant fans.
Since my opinion is obviously extremely biased, id be interested to hear other people's playoff scenarios and why they think who will beat who. Actually farkit, ill start another thread Image

------------------
Thanuk Pantherclaw

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”