What was your favorite present this year.

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Silsaterur
Sojourner

What was your favorite present this year.

Postby Silsaterur » Thu Dec 26, 2002 12:55 pm

Mine was very complicated... a tie.

The first, and possibly the best I could have wished for, rekindling two friendships, one new, one old. *huggles* You know who you are.

The second, getting to see my brother David, who lives in Burnaby BC and while he visits my family all the time, we never had time together. (I swear his 1 year old daughter Jennifer thinks I am the best thing since her cat. Though she seemed to like the tags on her gifts a lot too.)

So after all the smiles some not seen for a long long while,

Happy Holidays...

*group hug*
Musi
Sojourner

Postby Musi » Thu Dec 26, 2002 1:56 pm

My best present was being able to spend Christmas alone with my husband for our 1st Christmas together. I cooked my first ever turkey (and it was good!) along with stuffing, mashed potatoes, and peas. We sat and ate by candlelight with Christmas music in the background and afterwards, just sat and talked and held each other Image Of course, this was all after I saw him slide off the road in front of our house twice! Image

My favorite tangible present tho was my U2 Best of 1990-2000 videos dvd Image

------------------
Musi "your happy little resser"
Iduna
Sojourner

Postby Iduna » Thu Dec 26, 2002 2:00 pm

Happy Holidays...

*group hug*[/B][/QUOTE]

well no matter what gift.. id say after a few weeks of misunderstandings in the family and not knowing of Christmas Day plans for dinner (since disagreements)
I made dinner (i was prepared) and they..and they all ended up here..*grin* thank God
So my Favorite gift was My Family was all together.. *smile*
Happy Holidays
Kuurg
Sojourner

Postby Kuurg » Thu Dec 26, 2002 2:55 pm

coal.

I'm going to make diamonds!

------------------
·•Kuurg•·
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Thu Dec 26, 2002 3:13 pm

I got that kewl 720 motorola phone with the color screen and all that neat-o crap that ill never need or use but had to have! God bless America. Now if i can only figure out how to get telnet on it, we'll be in business.

------------------
Thanuk Pantherclaw

Gargauth responds to your petition with 'whats your point, we hate you'
old depok
Sojourner

Postby old depok » Thu Dec 26, 2002 3:53 pm

Watching my 2 year old daughter open her presents in our new home.
muma
Sojourner

Postby muma » Thu Dec 26, 2002 6:01 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by thanuk:
<B> Now if i can only figure out how to get telnet on it, we'll be in business.
</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fucking insane!!

also, my present. my only present and favourite present: a jade bracelet, necklace, and earrings. (they're a set) i love it!! Image

Merry Merry Christmas!

------------------
Leah A. W.
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Thu Dec 26, 2002 6:47 pm

Hrm, its hard to decide really. It's a tie between 50 gift certificate to best buy, the 50 dollars I got from my mom, or the astrononmy encyclopedia I got from my dad. Maybe my "christmas" on saturday I will get something better, who knows.

------------------
Fotex group-says 'Behold! penis!'

Dartan tells you 'i own so hard sometimes it makes me want to cry'

Nitupopple group-says 'esrel get glorishan off'
Dlur
Sojourner

Postby Dlur » Thu Dec 26, 2002 7:09 pm

I got a lot of good stuff this year, a new snowblower, a cedar chest, and a bunch of other things that i wanted, but nothing can compare with the look on my 6 month old son's face as he tore into his first present, and then proceeded to eat the wrapping paper. Priceless.

------------------
Ruld Ragingbear
Silsaterur
Sojourner

Postby Silsaterur » Thu Dec 26, 2002 10:58 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dlur:
<B>nothing can compare with the look on my 6 month old son's face as he tore into his first present, and then proceeded to eat the wrapping paper. Priceless.

LOL

My niece Jenifer did that... and she spent more time playing with the tags on the present I got her than the actual present. (plush cat with one of those heatable cores... it can also be a puppet! :P)

------------------
Adilmir tells you 'are you a Mumavore?'
Aedwyn tells you 'Ill do you if you give me plat so I can gamble :)'
Selias
Sojourner

Postby Selias » Thu Dec 26, 2002 11:04 pm

Well my favorite gift had to be the booze that my brothers got me. Well actually the best gift was drinking the booze WITH my brothers, since we never get together anymore except for thanksgiving and xmas.

Family > all
Tanji Smanji
Sojourner

Postby Tanji Smanji » Fri Dec 27, 2002 12:05 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by muma:
<B> Fucking insane!!

Damned Potty Mouth!

------------------
How to go from Waelos to Weylarii.

Weylarii group-says 'oh shit! my penis is stuck in the toaster. afk'
Gerad
Sojourner

Postby Gerad » Fri Dec 27, 2002 1:55 am

I see my family all the time and nothing emotionally enspiring has really happened this year, so I really like my new watch Image

-Gerad

------------------
Auril tells you 'Yes, we're plotting the destruction of all that is holy - and unholy, too. Just to be thorough.'
Ased
Sojourner

Postby Ased » Fri Dec 27, 2002 3:05 am

I'd have to say The Ring of Men, although my girlfriend insists I will now turn into a Nazgul, it's pretty sweet!

Better than that was the fact that I didn't have to spend this xmas with my ex-wife....

That is a blessing all in it self

------------------
Ased -Soul Tempest- The Forsaken
Eza
Sojourner

Postby Eza » Fri Dec 27, 2002 3:22 am

I don't get my Christmas Present until January 4th, but it'll be well worth the wait. I get to fly home and be with my family and friends for the first time in two years. I'm very excited Image

------------------
- Booty Assassin -

Selias group-says 'I get scared grouping with eza'
Selias group-says 'I'm afraid she's going to assassinate my booty!'
Wuva
Sojourner

Postby Wuva » Fri Dec 27, 2002 3:35 am

Christmas came early for me, with the gift of sound being delivered to my mom, not only did it allow her to her her daughters voices and grandchildren, It allows me to really see that soon, this too will happen and work for me Image)

Gifts given to me, the very best of all, would be a beautiful necklace from a special someone Image)

------------------
Wuva *Wildchild* EagleBlade
Gerad
Sojourner

Postby Gerad » Tue Dec 31, 2002 6:39 pm

I also got the extended version of LOTR in the big box set, which came with a free ticket to TTT, but ive already seen it twice and albeit its a good movie, theres only so many times you can sit through a 3 hour show without a smoke.

g

------------------
Auril tells you 'Yes, we're plotting the destruction of all that is holy - and unholy, too. Just to be thorough.'
Keran
Sojourner

Postby Keran » Tue Dec 31, 2002 6:56 pm

After being here for about 2 years it is nice to still see a core of people that still have a passion for the game, and moreover a passion for experiencing the mud together.

Sadly, a few have stepped away - taking a more relaxed role (I did this too for a bit, not of my own choice of course) and for that I was saddened. But I think this sadness is mostly selfishness on my part, wanting to have the people close to me remain there forever (forever?! ok that sounds despirate and wierd, but ok).

Time passes, priorities change, the mud and our lives evolve. For now I am happy where I am at, and I thank the people in my RL and all of you for that.

May all of your holiday wishes come true, except for Cifle becuase she wants to see me dead. :P

Love to you all (even you evils that I don't even know),

Long live the MUD

Toarn

------------------
Ythera ASSOC:: 'I killed santa- he's an elf'
Nibbil group-says 'is it bad to pass up booty cause you feel like mudding?'

[This message has been edited by Keran (edited 12-31-2002).]
Nilan
Sojourner

Postby Nilan » Tue Dec 31, 2002 6:57 pm

My favorite present was having Christmas.

Nilan

PS. Course my interactive talking Stitch Toy is prety neat too.
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Tue Dec 31, 2002 7:06 pm

Nilan gots a furbie?

------------------
Thanuk Pantherclaw

Gargauth responds to your petition with 'whats your point, we hate you'
mezheru
Sojourner

Postby mezheru » Tue Dec 31, 2002 7:42 pm

I got 2 presents this year:
1) Fellowship of the rings game for ps2
2) A really really nice print of a girl in the woods surrounded by faeries. I think its an old painting that's famous...all the fairies look like fat little babies rather than slim little pixies.

I got my new wife a mixer (for making dough), a little music box that looks like Alan Lee designed it (tolkien art designer for Pete Jackson), LOTR boxed set, and a bunch of LOTR book marks. Yeah, we're freaks for LOTR.

We also spent our 1st christmas together as a married couple and it was really neet sitting in front of our first tree.

sniff,
mezheru
Ssikin
Sojourner

Postby Ssikin » Thu Jan 02, 2003 8:15 am

I got two awesome gifts this year...

My first one is a Les Paul Studio (the cheap one at 1,100 but still!) It's the exact definition of cool with it's candy painted (blue/teal) Les Paulness....

The second gift was seeing my friends from oregon... these are people I spent nearly everyday with for a year and I haven't seen for a couple months now... They all mud but to see them and hang out for a couple days was truly awesome and got me motivated again to get my but in gear to get back to oregon!!

Happy Belated Christmas and New Years to all of you!!!!

------------------
Kasula OOC: 'the butt tells all... if your any bit fat... your butt will tell'

Kasula OOC: 'kinda like the crystal ball of the human body'

Zarel group-says 'I still need help thinking of what to restring my badge as.... and if you say a word ssikin I
'll fucking firebomb your house.'
Mikayla
Sojourner

Postby Mikayla » Thu Jan 02, 2003 7:17 pm

hrm let me think on this one.

lets see, i got up at 5:45 to goto work, worked till 2.

got home, everyone had opened their presents and when i looked under the tree and in my stocking there was absolutley nothing so i am still guessing on what my favorite present was.

hey kuurg can i have your coal Image

------------------
Her Royal Bitchness Eye Aeturnum
Turxx
Sojourner

Postby Turxx » Thu Jan 02, 2003 11:25 pm

aside from all the things i got from my loving family id have to say the best xmas gift this year was the one i turned down(its the thought that counts) one of my buddies from work came over with a prostitute and said merry chistmas turxx
Ensis
Sojourner

Postby Ensis » Thu Jan 02, 2003 11:32 pm

My two best friends gave me Narsil, and the Band of Brothers boxed set..awesome since i refuse to give out lists and the boxed set was the one thing i wanted, Narsil being an awesome gift i wasn't expecting.

That and all the people.

[This message has been edited by Ensis (edited 01-02-2003).]
Elisten
Sojourner

Postby Elisten » Thu Jan 02, 2003 11:50 pm

My best Christmas present always seems to be the presents I give..

Hmm, well aside from my family being around...

I would have to say that my best Christmas present this year comes from the mud.

I love you Nilan Image

Thank you for coming back to me and for allowing me to come back to you.

Elisten - "New Year's Resolutions? They still have those?" - *InsertLastNameHere*

Happy Holidays everyone, and have a great New Year!
Kribble
Sojourner

Postby Kribble » Fri Jan 03, 2003 3:45 am

My mom gave me the original copy of a 8-9 page journal she wrote about the experience of my birth the day after it happened. Trippy.

If you're not the mushy type, I also scored an 80 Gig External Firewire/USB 2.0 Hard Drive. I'm the biggest software slut in my area code now. I've got my cable in everyone's box.

Cackle

------------------
Friends > All.
-Cap'n Touk
Xisiqomelir
Sojourner

Postby Xisiqomelir » Fri Jan 03, 2003 12:40 pm

FINALLY Amazon delivered my Transformers Season 1 DVD Box set! I immediately started watching and it's all just as perfect as I remember.

Best part is that the Season 2 set should arrive just as I finish my 3rd rewatching of this set Image

------------------
Thus spake Shevarash: "Invokers are not going to be removed"

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”