Favorite LOTR quote

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Abue
Sojourner

Favorite LOTR quote

Postby Abue » Mon Jan 06, 2003 1:06 pm

My favorite Lord of the Rings quote came from the first movie.

"You mean those things come in pints?"

I liked that whole scene.
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Mon Jan 06, 2003 1:34 pm

I don't think they know about second breakfast..

------------------
-Yayaril
Baikalisan
Sojourner

Postby Baikalisan » Mon Jan 06, 2003 1:38 pm

Legolas said something to the effect of

Do you want me to describe it or would you like me to get you a box?

Poor Gimli.

oh and another one is...

"Toss me"

------------------
Baikalisan Terrorforge- Valsharess Elg'Caress - Orbdrin D'oloth

Ellana tells you 'i WISH he was the energizer bunny. all i'd need to do is take out the batteries and duckpond him'
Jegzed
Sojourner

Postby Jegzed » Mon Jan 06, 2003 1:49 pm

"It's a gift!"

------------------
/Jegzed - Sorcere Master - Crimson Coalition
Grungar
Sojourner

Postby Grungar » Mon Jan 06, 2003 9:31 pm

I cracked up when Smeagol said "Give it to us wriggling and raw". But then again I'm a perv.

Ditto for when Arwen was saying "Trust us" and all of her you could see was her chest.

And Galadriel giving Frodo the "light in dark places".

And the "Toss me"... I'm going to stop. I'm going to get myself in trouble.

- Grungar "Oh grow up already" Forgefire
Gerad
Sojourner

Postby Gerad » Tue Jan 07, 2003 5:12 am

I was watching some TV show that did a spoof on some of the scenes, they had one where the horsemen ride up, and surround the three, and gimli says 'give me your name horsemaster, and I shall give yah mine', and he says something about gimli being a dwarf, and legolas draws hiw bow and shouts,

"They prefer to be called little people!"

I dont like people making fun of lotr much, but I have to admit it was pretty funny :P

g

------------------
Auril tells you 'Yes, we're plotting the destruction of all that is holy - and unholy, too. Just to be thorough.'
ssar
Sojourner

Postby ssar » Tue Jan 07, 2003 7:52 am

"If you want him, come and claim him!" - Arwen.

"I offered you the chance to join me willingly (or some such), but you have chosen the way of pain!" - Saruman after besting Gandalf in Isenguard.

And some of Smeagol/Gollum's quotes were cool, especially in the Two Towers.

------------------
Mogr -=BloodSeeker=-
"If it bleeds, we can killit."
Kossuth OOC: 'haha, the combination unibrow/combover... i hear gargauth has that'
muma
Sojourner

Postby muma » Tue Jan 07, 2003 2:40 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gerad:
<B>I was watching some TV show that did a spoof on some of the scenes, they had one where the horsemen ride up, and surround the three, and gimli says 'give me your name horsemaster, and I shall give yah mine', and he says something about gimli being a dwarf, and legolas draws hiw bow and shouts,

I dont like people making fun of lotr much, but I have to admit it was pretty funny :P

g

</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lol i keep laughing at this Image

------------------
Leah A. W.
amolol
Sojourner

Postby amolol » Tue Jan 07, 2003 5:45 pm

my friend jame's favorite ..."thats 2 for me elf...im on 17

"master has the precious" does this sound slitly dom to you?

the whoe smeagle golem sceene

amolol (and his friend james)
gnerble
Sojourner

Postby gnerble » Tue Jan 07, 2003 7:05 pm

First off, let me say that Fellowship of the Ring reeked of "hobbit-on-hobbit" love. Yes, I've read the book, and I know it was much more involved (hobbits normally held hands), but if I saw Sean Astin hug Elijah Wood one more time, I was going to puke.

Anyway, my favorite quote is in the extended DVD version of Fellowship of the Ring.

When Legolas is eating the elvish waybread...

Meriadoc (to Legolas): "What's that?"
Legolas (to Meriadoc): "Elvish waybread. One bite will keep you full for a whole day!"
Meriadoc (whispers to Peregrin): "How many did you eat?"
Peregrin (whispers to Meriadoc): "four!"

------------------

[This message has been edited by gnerble (edited 01-07-2003).]
sok
Sojourner

Postby sok » Tue Jan 07, 2003 8:58 pm

i was at the movie and its the end of the first lotr. sam & frodo are looking longingly into each others eyes when someone yells, "Kiss him".
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Fri Jan 10, 2003 11:30 pm

"To the King!" (LOTR II)

------------------
Toarn group-says 'my lvl 50 buffer has officially been Mori-fied.'
Shevarash tells you 'you want to mud marry me? *scratch*'
Eza
Sojourner

Postby Eza » Sat Jan 11, 2003 10:25 am

"Three hundred lives of men I have walked this earth, and now I have no time."

Gandalf Rules Image

------------------
- Booty Assassin -

Selias group-says 'I get scared grouping with eza'
Selias group-says 'I'm afraid she's going to assassinate my booty!'
Aedwyn
Sojourner

Postby Aedwyn » Sat Jan 11, 2003 4:54 pm

Ok adilmir, go ahead and shoot me :P

Arwen to Aragorn, 1st movie, "I'd rather spend one lifetime with you, then face all the ages of this world alone."

Postby Guest » Sun Jan 12, 2003 2:44 pm

There are those who walk this earth who deserve to die, and many who die who deserve life. Can you give it to them? Do not be so hasty in your judgement of others, Frodo, for life is a puzzle who's end is yet to be seen.
Or something along that line, im quoting from memory here. (btw, if anybody can find this in the book, let me know where, i couldnt just now. thought it was inside of moria.)
I also LOVED the bit about the pints.

[This message has been edited by grorrakk (edited 01-12-2003).]
Kegor
Sojourner

Postby Kegor » Sun Jan 12, 2003 3:44 pm

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -Bilbo Baggins
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Mon Jan 13, 2003 2:03 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by grorrakk:
<B>There are those who walk this earth who deserve to die, and many who die who deserve life. Can you give it to them? Do not be so hasty in your judgement of others, Frodo, for life is a puzzle who's end is yet to be seen.
Or something along that line, im quoting from memory here. (btw, if anybody can find this in the book, let me know where, i couldnt just now. thought it was inside of moria.)

[This message has been edited by grorrakk (edited 01-12-2003).]</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

IIRC It's something like, "Many live who deserve death, and some die who deserve to live. Can you give life back to them? Then do not be so hasty to deal out death."

It's well put. I thought of it a few months ago when officials were admitting that people have been wrongly executed under the current judicial system.

------------------
Gerad
Sojourner

Postby Gerad » Mon Jan 13, 2003 2:39 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by moritheil:
<B> IIRC It's something like, "Many live who deserve death, and some die who deserve to live. Can you give life back to them? Then do not be so hasty to deal out death."

It's well put. I thought of it a few months ago when officials were admitting that people have been wrongly executed under the current judicial system.

(from the movie)
(from memory)
(in moria)
"Theres something down there"
"Its golem, hes been following us for three days"
"Pity that bilbo didnt kill him when he had the chance"
"Pity? It was pity that stayed bilbo's hand. Many who live deserve death, and some who die deserve life. Could you give it to them? Do not be so quick to deal out death and judgement. I belive golem has some part yet to play in this, for good, or for evil."

------------------
Auril tells you 'Yes, we're plotting the destruction of all that is holy - and unholy, too. Just to be thorough.'

[This message has been edited by Gerad (edited 01-12-2003).]
Gerad
Sojourner

Postby Gerad » Mon Jan 13, 2003 2:40 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by sok:
i was at the movie and its the end of the first lotr. sam & frodo are looking longingly into each others eyes when someone yells, "Kiss him".</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

People are such jerks. The world today is so filled full of corruption that any sort of love has to be seen as sexual. How pathetic.

-Gerad

------------------
Zanvazez
Sojourner

Postby Zanvazez » Mon Jan 13, 2003 2:42 am

two towers:

Gimli: bring your pretty face to my axe
beast rushes forward, Legolas sticks an arrow in it, killing the creature.
Gimli: that one counts as mine.

wow! that's two great lines in the space of 10 seconds!

------------------
Zanvazez Ark'Henneld
Qu'ellar Ark'Henneld Velg'larn
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Mon Jan 13, 2003 2:57 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gerad:
<B> (from the movie)
(from memory)
(in moria)
"Pity? It was pity that stayed bilbo's hand. Many who live deserve death, and some who die deserve life. Could you give it to them? Do not be so quick to deal out death and judgement. I belive golem has some part yet to play in this, for good, or for evil."

ah ok. Thx. =)

I got a great IM today from a friend: "I've only seen LOTR twice, I'm not a very good fangirl."

------------------
Gerad
Sojourner

Postby Gerad » Mon Jan 13, 2003 3:17 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by moritheil:
<B> ah ok. Thx. =)

I got a great IM today from a friend: "I've only seen LOTR twice, I'm not a very good fangirl."

Yeah my circle of friends is huge on movie quotes, so now I have this innate ability to remember near exact quotes from movies that I watch alot.

-g

------------------
Gerad
Sojourner

Postby Gerad » Mon Jan 13, 2003 3:20 am

<B>I was watching some TV show that did a spoof on some of the scenes, they had one where the horsemen ride up, and surround the three, and gimli says 'give me your name horsemaster, and I shall give yah mine', and he says something about gimli being a dwarf, and legolas draws hiw bow and shouts,

g

k, i think it was "I would cut off your head, dwarf, if it stood but a bit higher from the ground"

Just felt like I had to say that :P

g

------------------
amolol
Sojourner

Postby amolol » Tue Jan 14, 2003 5:57 pm

*bump*

first bump ever...just like this thread i like to read the fav's

------------------
Xolan OOC: 'I am adicted to Amolol. so i guess i'm an Amoloholic

Ythera OOC: 'Someone put a Sok in Aleilal?'
Lenefir
Sojourner

Postby Lenefir » Tue Jan 14, 2003 6:35 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by grorrakk:
<B>There are those who walk this earth who deserve to die, and many who die who deserve life. Can you give it to them? Do not be so hasty in your judgement of others, Frodo, for life is a puzzle who's end is yet to be seen.
I also LOVED the bit about the pints.</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's from "The Fellowship of the Ring", "The Shadow of the Past":

[...]
  "Yes, alas! through him [Gollum] the Enemy has learned that the One has been found again. He knows where Isildur fell. He knows where Gollum found his ring. He knows that it is a Great Ring, for it gave long life. He knows that it is not one of the Three, for they have never been lost, and they endure no evil. He knows that it is not one of the Seven, or the Nine, for they are accounted for. He knows that it is the One. And he has at last heard, I think, of hobbits and the Shire.
  "The Shire - he may be seeking for it now, if he has not already found out where it lies. Indeed, Frodo, I fear that he may even think that the long-unnoticed name of Baggins has become important."
  "But that is terrible!" cried Frodo. "Far worse than the worst that I imagined from your hints and warnings. O Gandalf, best of friends, what am I to do? For now I am really afraid. What am I to do? What a pity that Bilbo did not stab that vile creature, when he had a chance!"
  "Pity? It was a Pity that stayed his hand. Pity, and Mercy: not to strike without need. And he has been well rewarded, Frodo. Be sure that he took so little hurt from the evil, and escaped in the end, because he began his ownership of the Ring so. With Pity."
  "I am sorry," said Frodo. "But I am frightened; and I do not feel any pity for Gollum."
  "You have not seen him," Gandalf broke in.
  "No, and I don't want to," said Frodo. I can't understand you. Do you mean to say that you, and the Elves, have let him live on after all those horrible deeds? Now at any rate he is as bad as an Orc, and just an enemy. He deserves death."
  "Deserves it! I daresay he does. Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannon see all ends. I have not much hope that Gollum can be cured before he dies, but there is a chance of it. And he is bound up with the fate of the Ring. My heart tells me that he has some part to play yet, for good or ill, before the end; and when that comes, the pity of Bilbo nay rule the fate of many - yours not least. In any case we did not kill him: he is very old and very wretched. The Wood-elves have him in prison, but they treat him with such kindness as they can find in their wise hearts."
[...]

------------------
"When you do things right, people won't be sure you have done anything at all"
--Futurama

[This message has been edited by Lenefir (edited 01-14-2003).]

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 15, 2003 10:23 am

[This message has been edited by grorrakk (edited 01-12-2003).]</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Many who live deserve death, some who die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Do not be to hasty to deal out death and judgement. Even the wise cannot see all ends.

------------------
Iyachtu Decrees 'if (!strcmp(GET_NAME(ch), "Peter Jackson"))
SuddenDeath(ch);'

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”