80's cartoons pwn

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Dalar
Sojourner

80\'s cartoons pwn

Postby Dalar » Fri Jan 17, 2003 8:36 am

MASK was my favorite.

<EMBED src="http://home.earthlink.net/~dartanpics82/mask.au" quality=high bgcolor=#FFFFFF WIDTH="0" HEIGHT="0" NAME="ss" ALIGN="" TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"></EMBED>

------------------
Shevarash OOC: 'I never thought I'd long for Muma to be on OOC'
Oyob tells you 'are you a god?\'

[This message has been edited by Dalar (edited 01-17-2003).]
Xisiqomelir
Sojourner

Postby Xisiqomelir » Fri Jan 17, 2003 8:41 am

How about some LINKS?

I think everyone knows that I place the Transformers
at the top of the scale, especially the Decepticons, but MOTU is also very dear to me.

------------------
Thus spake Shevarash: "Invokers are not going to be removed"

[This message has been edited by Xisiqomelir (edited 01-17-2003).]
Zolth
Sojourner

Postby Zolth » Fri Jan 17, 2003 9:22 am

Omg! Mask! Robotech! Turtles! The dukes of Hazard!

I don't wanna grow up!

Damn you! Now I gotta see if I can find any of the episodes on the net.. would rock to find them on DVD or DVD-rip :P

-Zolthorrific!

------------------
- "Every problem in the univers can be solved with Malacar, ducktape and potato chips.."
Xisiqomelir
Sojourner

Postby Xisiqomelir » Fri Jan 17, 2003 10:35 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Zolth:
<B>would rock to find them on DVD or DVD-rip :P

</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Zolth, I think you would benefit from looking at my favourite Christmas present

------------------
Zolth
Sojourner

Postby Zolth » Fri Jan 17, 2003 10:45 am

I got one of the old Robotech videos.. on VHS.. but it's not the same in Sweden as in the US you know.. We don't have the same system as you guys do.. meaning that I'd have to have a US VCR to be able to see this.. or a DVD that dosen't cap regions..

Hmm, I'll look into this tho.. thanks mang Image

------------------
- "Every problem in the univers can be solved with Malacar, ducktape and potato chips.."
Xisiqomelir
Sojourner

Postby Xisiqomelir » Fri Jan 17, 2003 11:27 am

I think Jegzed can tell you where to modify your DVD player in Sweden.

------------------
Zolth
Sojourner

Postby Zolth » Fri Jan 17, 2003 11:59 am

Jegzed hates me!

Heh, I'll see if I can get a hold of him on the mud.. otherwise I'll just contact one of my uhm.. local "dealers" and see what I can get a hold of :P

-Zolthorrific!

------------------
Azenilsee
Sojourner

Postby Azenilsee » Fri Jan 17, 2003 2:13 pm

My favorites, hmm, let's see. There was Thundercats, Silverhawks, TMNT, Visionaries, Transformers, The Real Ghostbusters, GI JOE, and ofc, Dungeons and Dragons. Image

Sorry Dartan, I don't like Mask that much cause I think the toys were too wussy (not the vehicles, it's those tiny2 figures.)

Oh, I also like to watch the Super Mario Brothers show (with those real life Mario and Luigi), Captain N: The Game Master and mmm, My Little Pony.

------------------
Azenilsee - Faern Dalharil - Orbdrin D'Oloth
Azenilsee
Sojourner

Postby Azenilsee » Fri Jan 17, 2003 2:16 pm

I also like Care Bears and that cartoon with the glowing bugs.

------------------
Nokie
Sojourner

Postby Nokie » Fri Jan 17, 2003 2:43 pm

G.I. Joe, Transformers, and Thundercats (snarf snarf!)

I bought 3, 3-pack 'volumes' of old G.I. Joe episodes from amazon:

G.I. Joe Volumes 1-3 (3 Pack)
G.I. Joe Volumes 4-6 (3 Pack)
G.I. Joe Volumes 7-9 (3 Pack)

And the Transformers - First Season Collector's Edition 4-disc DVD set

------------------
Nokie 'No you don't!! That belongs to me!' Quickfingers
Silsaterur
Sojourner

Postby Silsaterur » Fri Jan 17, 2003 2:53 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Zolth:
Jegzed hates me!</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think he hates everyone that's not him...
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Fri Jan 17, 2003 3:12 pm

OMG 80's cartoons suck! That was when materialism really took over the animation world in new and amazing ways and it became all about cranking out the really bad artwork and animation in order to create more and more characters so that more and more money could be made on the toys. There were some I enjoyed at the time, but typically each one started with a first season of decent cartoons then devolved quickly into 70's "Superfriends" animation, or little to no actual animation at all, instead just sequences of single cell pictures with way too much filler, like those computer animated techno sequences in "Transformers," after a couple of seasons half the cartoon was digital machinery flipping around the logo. Filler like that became the signature of 80's cartoons, giving less and less of the actual product for more and more of the marketing share.

But just because they sucked doesn't mean I didn't enjoy them at the time. I really liked "Thundercats" but now when I hear the occasional blurb from it those canned voices really crack me up.
Xisiqomelir
Sojourner

Postby Xisiqomelir » Fri Jan 17, 2003 3:12 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Azenilsee:
<B>I also like Care Bears and that cartoon with the glowing bugs.

Then this comic is for you!

Nokie, you should get the Season 2 set as well, it's pure 18-year old goodness.

------------------
Xisiqomelir
Sojourner

Postby Xisiqomelir » Fri Jan 17, 2003 3:15 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ashiwi:
OMG 80's cartoons suck!</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You realize this means war? Image

You'll have your pages of rebuttal tomorrow.

------------------
Nokie
Sojourner

Postby Nokie » Fri Jan 17, 2003 3:23 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Xisiqomelir:
Nokie, you should get the Season 2 set as well, it's pure 18-year old goodness.</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's already on my Amazon.com wishlist!

------------------
Nokie 'No you don't!! That belongs to me!' Quickfingers
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Fri Jan 17, 2003 4:09 pm

did i just see a whole thread of 80's cartoons without a single mention of he-man and the masters of the universe? Weird. Even worse than that, i dont seem to see a mention of Voltron, the one that started it all! Wtf is wrong with you people. Voltron + go-bots >>>>>>>>>>>>>>transformers

And the one with those guys that turned into rocks and crap like that was cool too.

------------------
Thanuk Pantherclaw

Gargauth responds to your petition with 'whats your point, we hate you'
Xisiqomelir
Sojourner

Postby Xisiqomelir » Fri Jan 17, 2003 4:51 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by thanuk:
<B>did i just see a whole thread of 80's cartoons without a single mention of he-man and the masters of the universe?

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Xisiqomelir: ....but MOTU is also very dear to me.</font>

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by thanuk:
And the one with those guys that turned into rocks and crap like that was cool too.</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can mean several different things here.

Do you mean Stonedar and Rokkon from MOTU?

Or the Granites and Metlar from the Inhumanoids?

There is one more series I vaguely remember that had boulders from space that were really robots.

------------------
Shar
FORGER ADMIN

Postby Shar » Fri Jan 17, 2003 7:20 pm

You guys forgot only 2 that I can think of that arent on the list..

Rainbow Bright
Gilligans Island

Those two werent great, but I was 8 and hard up for entertainment!

------------------
Shar

Kiaransalee : (51) [ mmm... fatty leftover pork ]
Tasan
Sojourner

Postby Tasan » Fri Jan 17, 2003 7:47 pm

Thank god Thanuk said Voltron or I was going to have to come in here and lay down the law. I knew there was a reason I got along with you Nukkie.

Also, Ash, Voltron was technically far superior animation at the time. Though Saban was a jackass and created his stupid hit spinoff Power F^@@*!s.

Oh well.

Ya'll forgot Gummi Bears dude! I love the "drink to get stronger" metaphor. And they wonder why my generation turns to drugs Image

Twinshadow

------------------
Kribble tells you 'everytime I've seen you die it was doing something cool or trying to save someone's ass... die away!'
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Fri Jan 17, 2003 8:15 pm

Voltron was and still is my favorite 80's cartoon. I had all the toys that made the big thing when connected. Wish I could find some old toons so my son didn't get so in to the damn power rangers.

And ashiwi, it didn't start in the 80's. The 70's were just as bad, if not worse at over marketing their products. And talk about horrible animation. In scooby-doo you have the same background for like 7 different episodes in a spooky house. The flintstones are 10x worse. Pop-eye...come on now.

------------------
Fotex group-says 'Behold! penis!'

Dartan tells you 'i own so hard sometimes it makes me want to cry'

Nitupopple group-says 'esrel get glorishan off'
Gort
Sojourner

Postby Gort » Fri Jan 17, 2003 10:47 pm

The cartoons of the 70's and Loony Toons were the best imho.

Who didn't dig Wily Coyote? the blueprints were Genius! Super-Genius!!!

And Scooby Doo was the best drug cartoon ever made!

Toplack

------------------
Tanji Smanji
Sojourner

Postby Tanji Smanji » Sat Jan 18, 2003 12:38 am

Two words. Kid Video. ROOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
How to go from Waelos to Weylarii.

Weylarii group-says 'oh shit! my penis is stuck in the toaster. afk'
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Sat Jan 18, 2003 1:08 am

That nintendo power show. With the kid with the gun, and the controller on his belt he'd 'pause' time with and 'start' it up again. The Zelda show IN that one was the coolest thing ever.

------------------
-Arilin Nydelahar
...Knowledge is power, and knowledge of life and death brings power over all beings, living and unliving.
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Sat Jan 18, 2003 1:42 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Tanji Smanji:
<B>Two words. Kid Video. ROOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!

omg! heh that one gets nominated for cheesiest intro music of all time.

------------------
Goddamned slippery mage.
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Sat Jan 18, 2003 3:06 am

what the hell?

no one said star blazers?

captain harlok?

the entire robotech saga is on dvd now, as is star blazers

go-bots dood!

but robotech kicked butt. to see an example of how much insane time those guys put into those movies back in the LATE 70's check out macross: do you remember love. you can still rent it at most ghetto video stores. minmei nekked and such, but the best robotech animation ever.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Sat Jan 18, 2003 3:10 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Arilin Nydelahar:
<B>That nintendo power show. With the kid with the gun, and the controller on his belt he'd 'pause' time with and 'start' it up again. The Zelda show IN that one was the coolest thing ever.

Err? The only Zelda show I remember was paired up with half live action/half animated Super Mario Brothers show they put on on weekdays. I remember Captain N being it's own show...

It sucked because they only showed the Zelda episodes on Friday, and they were hundreds of times better than the SMB episodes.

------------------
Every problem in the universe can be solved by finding the right long-haired prettyboy and beating the crap out of him.

"...it was not terribly difficult or scary unless you were a perhaps an adorable kitten and not a seasoned gamer." - Tycho, describing Panzer Dragoon Orta
Silsaterur
Sojourner

Postby Silsaterur » Sat Jan 18, 2003 4:49 am

Is it just me, or do all "modern" cartoons suck @$$? Gimme G.I. Joe, Transformers, Robotech, Pirates of Darkwater ANY day.

I don't even see what the hell is so wrong with them that they are no longer acceptable television shows... and knowing is half the battle.

------------------
Adilmir tells you 'are you a Mumavore?'
Muma OOC: 'haha i just stuck my tongue out at the moniter'
Muma OOC: 'and yea i was sticking it out at you EV'
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Sat Jan 18, 2003 4:51 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Sarvis:
<B>
Err? The only Zelda show I remember was paired up with half live action/half animated Super Mario Brothers show they put on on weekdays. I remember Captain N being it's own show...

It sucked because they only showed the Zelda episodes on Friday, and they were hundreds of times better than the SMB episodes.

I swear I remember them doing it in the middle of that show. I used to watch it for that one reason alone. :P

------------------
-Arilin Nydelahar
...Knowledge is power, and knowledge of life and death brings power over all beings, living and unliving.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Sat Jan 18, 2003 6:32 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Silsaterur:
<B>Is it just me, or do all "modern" cartoons suck @$$? Gimme G.I. Joe, Transformers, Robotech, Pirates of Darkwater ANY day.

I don't even see what the hell is so wrong with them that they are no longer acceptable television shows... and knowing is half the battle.

OMG! I LOVED Pirates of Dark Water. It just didn't have enough episodes, only like one season's worth that they repeated for a few seasons. Image

Only thing that realy annoyed me about Pirates of Dark Water, and pretty much any other cartoon, was that no one ever died. All kinds of laserblasts and explosions, or swordfights... yet everyone walks away mysteriously unhurt. Image

------------------
Every problem in the universe can be solved by finding the right long-haired prettyboy and beating the crap out of him.

"...it was not terribly difficult or scary unless you were a perhaps an adorable kitten and not a seasoned gamer." - Tycho, describing Panzer Dragoon Orta
Silverast Rubicyn
Sojourner

Postby Silverast Rubicyn » Sat Jan 18, 2003 7:07 am

Man I really loved Pirates of Darkwater too. But how come I see that no one, NO ONE, mentioned Thundercats?!?!?!?

Thunder Thunder Thunder Thunder Cats! *ror*

Sword of Omens! Give me sight beyond sight!

Was the Disney afternoon in the 80's? Cuz Ducktails just ruled all as well.

And the Dungeons and Dragons cartoon freaking pwned too :P

Man I wish they had more dvd sets out for all of this stuff :P
Azenilsee
Sojourner

Postby Azenilsee » Sat Jan 18, 2003 8:26 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Xisiqomelir:
<B> Then this comic is for you!

I'm not ashamed to say this, I once had those talking Teddy Ruxpin dolls. Image

And Gummy Bears ruled too.

------------------
Llaaldara
Sojourner

Postby Llaaldara » Sat Jan 18, 2003 8:53 am

You guys have the craziest timing I swear.

Just the other night I was chilling with my best friend, and I put in Transformers the movie on dvd. She brought up how she has the Return of Optimus Prime on VHS. So we had to drive over her house, pick that up, plus some other Transformers episodes, and G.I. Joe episodes. Then came back to my house and had an 80's cartoon marathon. I log on here and blammo, there's a whole thread about it!

Get off my wavelength! =^)

Lady J kicked ass!

Mask was neat, they had some cool toys! Thundercats original pilot episode - I still haven't seen better animation in a kids cartoon show! =^)

-LL
Musi
Sojourner

Postby Musi » Sat Jan 18, 2003 3:24 pm

Anyone remember Popples? The things that could turn themselves into a little ball?

Let me think of all the other shows I watched...

Transformers, GI Joe, Thundercats (MUMRA!!), Silverhawks, Care Bears, Gummy Bears, Rainbow Brite, 3-2-1 Contact, *brain starts to smoke* uh... I know there were more... Ed Grimley (the guy with spiky hair who always said "If I must say"), and although they're not cartoons... Pee Wee's Playhouse and Hey Vern, It's Ernest.

I know there was probably more, but my brain is melting. Gotta get back to studying Image

*hugs*

------------------
Musi "your happy little resser"
Gerad
Sojourner

Postby Gerad » Sat Jan 18, 2003 3:27 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Teyaha:
<B>what the hell?

no one said star blazers?

captain harlok?

the entire robotech saga is on dvd now, as is star blazers

go-bots dood!

but robotech kicked butt. to see an example of how much insane time those guys put into those movies back in the LATE 70's check out macross: do you remember love. you can still rent it at most ghetto video stores. minmei nekked and such, but the best robotech animation ever. </B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My friend bought the whole series, macross, robotech, everything that is robotech that was released on DVD he has, and ive seen most of them... I also used to play in a robotech RPG all the time, but that was 2 or 3 years ago.

robotech kicks ass... but has anyone mentioned

tranzor Z? (sp)

G

------------------
Auril tells you 'Yes, we're plotting the destruction of all that is holy - and unholy, too. Just to be thorough.'
Xisiqomelir
Sojourner

Postby Xisiqomelir » Sat Jan 18, 2003 6:50 pm

A little late, but here it is:

Your position: OMG 80's cartoons suck!

Which I shall take to mean, that the televised animated series' that aired between the years 1980 and 1989 were not of the highest artistic excellence. I dispute this claim. Logically, your argument has many flaws.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ashiwi:
That was when materialism really took over the animation world in new and amazing ways and it became all about cranking out the really bad artwork and animation in order to create more and more characters so that more and more money could be made on the toys.</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Red herring fallacy, the motivations behind a work have no bearing on it's standard of excellence.

it became all about cranking out the really bad artwork and animation</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Subjective judgement.

but typically each one started with a first season of decent cartoons then devolved quickly into 70's "Superfriends" animation, or little to no actual animation at all, instead just sequences of single cell pictures with way too much filler
</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

False. Many of these series' were highly sophisticated, with multiple full-body character animation, terrain deformity, multiple character entrances and exeunts, and pyrotechnic effects per scene. For your assertion that bad animation was "typical" to be true, a numeric majority of the series' at that time would need to fill your above criteria. This is not the case.

like those computer animated techno sequences in "Transformers," after a couple of seasons half the cartoon was digital machinery flipping around the logo.
</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can think of three things that you could be meaning with this statement.

1) The animated commercial bumpers occupied a significant portion of the show (taking "half the cartoon" to be rhetorical hyperbole) From my DVDs (The Original Transformers Season 1 DVD Box Set, Disc 4):

The Laserbeak bumper is 6 seconds long
The Optimus Prime bumper is 7 seconds long
The Starscream bumper is 6 seconds long
The Jazz bumper is 5 seconds long
The Trypticon bumper is 8 seconds long
The Fortress Maximus bumper is 8 seconds long
The Rodimus Prime bumper is 6 seconds long
The Blurr bumper is 6 seconds long
The Sharkticon bumper is 7 seconds long
The Ultra Magnus bumper is 5 seconds long
The Galvatron bumper is 6 seconds long

No episode has more than five commercial breaks. Even assuming that the longest possible bumpers are used every time, which was never the case, that is barely more than a minute, which makes your statement untrue.

2) The show itself featured transformations of this

digital machinery flipping around the logo
</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
nature.

This is clearly untrue. Most often multiple Tranformers are on screen at once. Zooms during transformation are common, particularly for the gestalt combinations (Devastator from the Constructicons, Superion from the Aerialbots, Menasaur from the Stunticons, Bruticus from the Combaticons, Defensor from the Protectobots, Computron from the Technobots, Predaking from the Predacons, Abominus from the Terrorcons), but to say that there were exclusively extreme closeups during all transformations is exaggeration.

3) You are referring to Beast Wars. Which is not an 80's cartoon series. (The statement "OMG Beast Wars sucks!" would receive absolutely no objection from me, though Image

but now when I hear the occasional blurb from it those canned voices really crack me up.
</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Appeal to ridicule. Your mockery has no bearing on the merit of the series.

Your position is the affirmative one. The burden of proof is upon you.

(EDIT: Fixed punctuation, added link to source)
------------------

[This message has been edited by Xisiqomelir (edited 01-18-2003).]
Llaaldara
Sojourner

Postby Llaaldara » Sat Jan 18, 2003 7:05 pm

Oopsie!

I forgot to mention some of my other favorites!

I loved Gem! "Gem is truly truly outrageous, contageous, noone else is the same, Gem is my name, Gem!" (too bad she only lasted one season tho - sniff =^\ )

Bionic 6 was a blast too! A super nuclear family. (This was a family who all had bionic implants to make them super powered, too bad it didn't last long either =^\ )

Visionaries was neat-o! (Each char had an animal totem in their chest, and some carried banners, that they could call upon to change into or use the power of in the case of the banners. I still remember one of them, the totem of destruction's chant that went "By natures hand, by craft, by art, what once was one, now fly apart!" and then a huge green demon with a sword would appear and smash everything =^)

Scooby Doo! (not sure if this is 80's but he's timeless!)

-LL
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Sat Jan 18, 2003 7:19 pm

Tee hee, that was cute!

They still sucked.

Okay, okay, not all of them, but that was a generalized opinion. I actually enjoyed watching those transformer-type cartoons until those little mechanized flippy thingies in the middle of the cartoon got so annoying I couldn't stand it anymore. They started doing that with all the scene changes too, not just commercial breaks, or was that not until the 90's? "Thundercats" was one of my favorite cartoons of the day, too. If I tried to watch them again today, however, I find myself preferring the Disneyesque cartoons, like "Darkwing Duck" or "Gummy Bears" over the other types. It's all preference when it comes to art, right? Heck, I even liked "Thundarr the Barbarian" at the time... ::cough::

So I can say "they suck" and you can sing their praises all you want. There is no "burden of proof" that can be applied for artistic taste.
Xisiqomelir
Sojourner

Postby Xisiqomelir » Sat Jan 18, 2003 7:25 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Llaaldara:
<B>
Visionaries was neat-o!

<I>What creeps, what crawls
By what does not
Let all that grows
Recede and Rot</I>

------------------
Xisiqomelir
Sojourner

Postby Xisiqomelir » Sat Jan 18, 2003 7:57 pm

<B>Tee hee, that was cute!

------------------
Xisiqomelir
Sojourner

Postby Xisiqomelir » Sat Jan 18, 2003 7:57 pm

Look, I can post twice!

[This message has been edited by Xisiqomelir (edited 01-18-2003).]
Silverast Rubicyn
Sojourner

Postby Silverast Rubicyn » Sat Jan 18, 2003 9:58 pm

Wow I totally forgot about Bionic 6, and I used to watch that every morning before school too. That cartoon was one of my fav's, I used to pretend I had bionic implants like them :P

80's cartoons were the pwn.
Kallinar
Sojourner

Postby Kallinar » Sun Jan 19, 2003 3:55 am

Thundarr the Barbarian pwns you all.
Space Ghost pwns you all.
I Have the G.I. Joe Movie and the Transformer's Movie much to Eza's dismay :P
Thundercats rocked
Voltron pwns
The Go-Bots were gay. Leader One? give me a break.
Robotech will always rule

I also happened to grow up watching the Harlem Globe Trotters cartoon and Fat Albert. Good wholesome negro entertainment my friends. Helped me to not be a racist bigot like my parents.

Kallinar likes The Baroness.
Hastrom
Sojourner

Postby Hastrom » Sun Jan 19, 2003 5:49 am

Oh come On! someone had to have remembered Star blazers!I aint that old...err well maybe. that ship rocked.
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Sun Jan 19, 2003 6:57 am

laugh gerad. i thought i was the only one who ever watched tranzor Z, and Saber Rider and the Star Sheriffs!
Llaaldara
Sojourner

Postby Llaaldara » Sun Jan 19, 2003 8:32 am

<B> <I>What creeps, what crawls
By what does not
Let all that grows
Recede and Rot</I>

Nice! Anyone else remember some of the totem chants? =^)

-LL
Xisiqomelir
Sojourner

Postby Xisiqomelir » Sun Jan 19, 2003 3:50 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Llaaldara:
<B> Nice! Anyone else remember some of the totem chants? =^)

-LL</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Merklyn's page has ALL of them. In downloadable .wav, no less. Image

------------------
Llaaldara
Sojourner

Postby Llaaldara » Mon Jan 20, 2003 10:42 am

<B> Merklyn's page has ALL of them. In downloadable .wav, no less. Image

Ooo!! Thanks Xueezeme!

http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Dimension/1549/visionaries/sounds/lexor3.wav

That wav sounds like a couple of Sojourners. Really, it does. It's like.. scary. =^O

-LL
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Mon Jan 20, 2003 11:47 am

Rofl, yes musi i remember popples! They ruled.

I used to watch woody woodpecker in the mornings with chilly willy when i was younger, but i think those are older than the 80's.

Oh, does anybody remember those trashbag monster toy things...the ones where you got these little like 1 1/2-2 inch toy monsters inside a water soluble opaque trashbag type thing...you didnt know what you got until you disolved the bag. If you were really lucky you would get "twins" meaning there were two different toys for the price of one.

Or what about Army ants...I loved those bastards!

------------------
Fotex group-says 'Behold! penis!'

Dartan tells you 'i own so hard sometimes it makes me want to cry'

Kiaransalee OOC: 'Justin Timberlake will be the next Elvis'

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”