How is Open Alpha gonna work?

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Raiwen
Sojourner

How is Open Alpha gonna work?

Postby Raiwen » Sun Mar 25, 2001 3:27 am

I haven't read any news about it yet, but how is the Open Alpha gonna work exactly? Are people just gonna log into the mud and sit around playing and trying to break stuff on their own, when *POOF* an Admin pops in and points, "I want you, you and you - stat. We're doing tests on Dragon Procs and saving throws."
Tanras
Sojourner

Postby Tanras » Sun Mar 25, 2001 5:30 am

I believe the emphasis will be on balance. Dont expect too many GM's poping in and dont expect to be boosted to level 50. We have been testing a lot of high level stuff for the last week, what we have not had the time to do much of, is test balance as far as gaining exp is concerned. The gods want to get serious utility out of this time and I hope everyone takes this seriously. Don't waste your time throwing yourself at Lord P, but instead try to level and make some comments that will be useful to the biguns Image

Tanras
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Sun Mar 25, 2001 5:52 am

Yes, I've already killed as many rooms full of elite guards as can be useful Image

- Ragorn
Gene Quagmire
Sojourner

Postby Gene Quagmire » Sun Mar 25, 2001 6:02 am

So is it gonna start at Midnight tonight? Or sometime Monday proper? I'm dying here...*pants*

------------------
The Mangler.
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Sun Mar 25, 2001 6:04 am

Quoted from the mud news:

Then 10 days later on March 26th, we open the mud up to everyone for helping in the alpha. You can all log in. Each night thereafter we will pull together teams of people from those on-line to do tests in different parts of the mud. That way we can have many teams working in the evenings (when most people are on-line) instead of just one or two. It would also give you guys a place to socialize and get re-acquainted before the real fun begins.

Sounds like we get to do whatever til they need us, then they borrow us and we go party wherever. Image

Mal
Vigis
Sojourner

Postby Vigis » Sun Mar 25, 2001 7:47 am

Miax said in the post on the Sojourn news thread that open alpha will start sometime on Monday evening to maximize number of Imms on.

Just my barbarian 2 cents with is worth about the same amount as tanras' 1/1,000,000,000 cents
Averyn
Sojourner

Postby Averyn » Sun Mar 25, 2001 12:48 pm

Right after everyone (mostly) gets off from work. Pretty sweet me thinks.

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”