Good/Evil Trading

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Wargo
Sojourner

Good/Evil Trading

Postby Wargo » Sun Mar 25, 2001 4:31 am

From what I have read so far, there will no longer be outcasting and grouping will be strictly with the people on the same side of race war. I'm assuming that this was done partly to restrict good/evil trading since anti's and necros were the medium for this type of trade. However, isn't it still possible for a troll to drop a pbone shield on the road and picking up a pile of coins (100 P) which a goodie just dropped, thus completing a trade?

Some Immortal clarifications on this type of trades please? Also, if this type of trading is allowed, won't it create more admin issues? Here's a synerio I came up with. A drow arranges a trade with a goodie -> Goodie drops coins on the ground -> Drow picks up coins and run -> Goodie complains -> Drow replies that he/she was RP'ing his/her evilness -> Goodie whines to the gods -> Gods get annoyed and pissed off -> When they get mad enough -> Unpredictable events happen to Sojourn that all players may regret.

Whatever that event may be, I know I don't want to see it. Therefore, I would like to know what the official ruling will be on this issue before mud opens for beta just so that all of us rule-abiding mudders can watch out for. Thanks.

Wargo
Zhadow
Sojourner

Postby Zhadow » Sun Mar 25, 2001 4:54 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Wargo:
<B>
Here's a synerio I came up with. A drow arranges a trade with a goodie -> Goodie drops coins on the ground -> Drow picks up coins and run -> Goodie complains -> Drow replies that he/she was RP'ing his/her evilness -> Goodie whines to the gods -> Gods get annoyed and pissed off -> When they get mad enough -> Unpredictable events happen to Sojourn that all players may regret.

Wargo</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If the players claim that his on RP mode ... that player better have his RP flag on. If the player who got rip off whether good or evil he or she should pay attention if the person he or she is trading with is in RP mode.
Gindipple
Sojourner

Postby Gindipple » Sun Mar 25, 2001 5:00 am

Simple solution here:
Don't trade with someone you don't trust.
I think the elimination of outcasting had more to do with a lessening of Gods having to watch the game more. I also think it's not likely that most people are gonna RP in this manner.
Saitcho
Sojourner

Postby Saitcho » Sun Mar 25, 2001 5:07 am

sneaking around the admin's eyes is part of the game. its only wrong if you get caught.

saitcho
Marforp
Sojourner

Postby Marforp » Sun Mar 25, 2001 6:07 am

Umm I'm pretty sure your going to be FUBARed if you drop coins/eq on the ground to do a trade and someone takes them. Why would the admins give a crap if your dumb enough to do that...they have created difficulties for you to get eq from goodie to evil side for a reason and aren't going to care when someone takes advantage of you trying to take advantage of loop holes.

Marforp / Sasdor
Liegashia
Sojourner

Postby Liegashia » Sun Mar 25, 2001 6:48 am

From what I have heard, there may be a way for the good and evil races to trade legally....wherein there would be no need to drop things on the ground and what-not....and if you got ripped off trading illegally....well I doubt too many admins are gonna lose any sleep over it

[This message has been edited by Liegashia (edited 03-25-2001).]
Jasix Prowlingwolf
Sojourner

Postby Jasix Prowlingwolf » Sun Mar 25, 2001 12:36 pm

Droping coins on the group or an item for someone else to pick up was always classed as 'trading'. Players did it and were outcast or maybe even deleted (not sure about deletions) if caught.

You might be surprised at how much the gods can actually see. I dont think it would be too hard for an admin to have a trigger/command that spams up ALL items dropped. Then one that shows them who picked the same item up. Busted!

Polished bone shields are going to be harder to get hold of this time if necros cant be go betweens for goodie/evil trading.

So if a goodie warrior has a pol bone shield they must have broken the rules to get it.... Unless we are allowed to swap eq between our own characters good/evil in an inn like BG...

Since i rarely played an evil i would not know what items they couldn't get without trading with a goodie, nothing much of major importance loads in hometowns that evils cant get access too but many cool items load in evil only places, would this not be slightly unfair? Will goodie bashers still be wandering about with crappy wgt 10 shields until we can get to Gith? I can live without most items but all bashers benifit from a heavy shield unless of course you have good bashing skills at higher lvls.

Oh there are two heavy shields that i just remembered that would be great but are quest items, i guess i best be getting me one of them..

------------------
Jasix Prowlingwolf
Protector of Clan Prowlingwolf

[This message has been edited by Jasix Prowlingwolf (edited 03-25-2001).]
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Sun Mar 25, 2001 1:04 pm

The best shield in the game is goodie only quest... I guess this compensates for evils being able to get the pbone around lvl 20, shrug.
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Sun Mar 25, 2001 1:05 pm

Besides, I wouldn't worry about it, I'm sure a week or two after the game really opens, we'll see "Skullport added today" somewhere in the news, and Cyric hinted that this would be somewhere you can trade freely.
Jasix Prowlingwolf
Sojourner

Postby Jasix Prowlingwolf » Sun Mar 25, 2001 1:25 pm

Ahhh cool,

yeah better shields can be quested but pol bones are sort of a staple item for young warriors and a great money spinner for smart trolls. I just want a wgt35 shield, more then enough.

A free-trade city!! Woot!
I wanna place an order for another Helm of the brainmole patrol.
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Sun Mar 25, 2001 4:19 pm

Heh Image while we're at it, I'd like to place an advance order for a necklace of Aryuk's tears, name your price anyone!

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”