RARELOADS, do they screw with the mud.

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Jasix Prowlingwolf
Sojourner

RARELOADS, do they screw with the mud.

Postby Jasix Prowlingwolf » Sun Mar 18, 2001 3:06 pm

One topic that is bound to cause fighting and annoyance is rareloads.

I really don't like rare loads that pop only at reboot. The exceptiong being Invasion.

Rare laods that pop at reboot make people want to run to every corner of the mud to see if their item has loaded. Of course 'locate object' helps a lot. The majority of the 'rare hunters' are the zone players of the mud, but when 10 of them are running about with personal agenders the rest of the mud usually waits about to get the numbers to form a zone group.
Someone finds a rare and begs the zone group to go help them kill for it. This more often then not takes about 45 mins, sometimes faster but on many occations took 2 hours at assemble a 'Sunstone' group. Then if the rare is killed most poeple want a bid for the item, 'finder' tells them all to nick off they are claiming it, people are upset about lost time for nothing. People run out of time, zone doesn't get done.

Sound familiar? Sure with a Weller most rares can be done fairly quickly, but still takes time to gather everyone for the kill.

Another failing is 2 poeple finding a rare at the same time, both fighting to get people to help them 'kill for it'. Usually ends in someone being very pissed off.

5 people running about say IC looking for the glimmering chainmail. How many arguements did that mob start but how many smaller guys were smiling for a month when they found it 4 hours into t he boot while doing exp. Don't you think those guys deserve a rare pop as much as someone that runs for the same mob every boot?

Now i love the idea of rare loads, i think every major zone should have one or two. Makes the same ol' zones more interesting, jot rules cause it usually has a little surprise each trip.

I'd like to see all rare loads not pop on reboot but random pops. That way it gives passers-by a chance to claim them, groups can put them in the bag to be bid on, less need to claim since the 'group' finds them. But most importantly at reboot everyone doesn't run off to buggery looking for a mob to beg everyone else to help them kill.

Might stop players wanting to 'camp' on pop sites like HP Tree, Scorn or Spine.

Twinks will still camp for EQ but if the rares dont pop at reboot we will all get those zone groups moving along much faster.

Any ideas?

------------------
Jasix Prowlingwolf
Protector of Clan Prowlingwolf
Kyos
Sojourner

Postby Kyos » Sun Mar 18, 2001 3:58 pm

Agree
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Sun Mar 18, 2001 4:17 pm

I think they said they were going to be taking a look at having them pop in a style like Greycloak.

Mal
Ruhr
Sojourner

Postby Ruhr » Sun Mar 18, 2001 4:29 pm

I think rare loads holding up groups was more of an acute problem with Sojourn2 from what I hear, due to the fewer number of players...

If the success of this BBS is any indicator, the Sojourn3 player base will approach Toril levels, where, if anything, there were too many people in respect the the number of zone leaders and people invariably got left out.

In my Toril guild, most of the time we got around the "claim" factor by treating the rare-load fight as a pre-zone warm up and adding the rare to the bid at the end of the night.

As far as disputes between groups who were forming up at the same rare simultaneously, generally the rare went to the group who was ready to fight first. While this bred ill feelings, that's the way it goes, I suppose.

Personally, I agree with you. It would be better if rares loaded GC-wise, but that's a lot of re-coding that Cyric & Co. probably don't have the time for...

What GC involves is hidden, unconnected spawn rooms that rare mobs wander into the zone from sporadically, if memory serves.
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Sun Mar 18, 2001 5:14 pm

On a side note there was sometimes fighting over rareloads... one person finds it first and sits gathering people, then another comes along but he already has a group with him, etc etc.

In my opinion the person who finds it and gets to it first deserves it. If he sits at the mob (or a room away from it in case it is aggro), the others should have the courtesy to leave.

In case of invasion, this will always remain a problem... First to tree with a group wins? My question to you then: define a group. Fight over it in the arena, each group appoints a gladiator? Perhaps... this one is harder to decide. (begin rant) Perhaps goodies should have the courtesy to let evils do it those rare times they have a group at the tree too, after all goodie invasion runs are like 10x as common as evil ones (end rant).

Cherzra Eat Slime
Dormithel
Sojourner

Postby Dormithel » Sun Mar 18, 2001 9:53 pm

Humm...i thought that engaging a mob was the way to clame any equip on it? If i find someone sitting on a peice of eq when i am there and ready to go i certianly ask permission, but i dont see the point of somone sitting on eq for a half an hour while sending tells to get a group together if there is a group that is ready to go for it *oh well, just the opinion of a newbie*

heh,
Dormithel
Tilandal
Sojourner

Postby Tilandal » Sun Mar 18, 2001 10:20 pm

I tend to be of the oppinion that the first group to begin fighting should get the item or If the entire group get wacked then the next group has its go =P
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Mon Mar 19, 2001 12:38 am

I've never been a big fan of rares that load in easy to get to places. It just becomes a question of who is camped at the location, and whether they can put together a group before someone swipes their kill.

In particular, the rares that have spanky eq (or quest item that leads to spanky eq) but aren't too difficult to kill bother me. I dont see why someone who lucks into some easy to kill rare should get better eq then what can be found in a zone where you need a large group.

Best rares, IMHO, are the ones that load in aggro areas like Jot grid. That seems more fair because you have to do a zone in order to find the rare.

Also, I *hate* the GC style rares that load throughout the boot. I can imagine some poor schmuck who needs an item off a rare in GC for a spell quest and has to sit around for weeks in GC waiting for that rare to load. If its merely equipment, you can just chose not to sit around GC and be completely bored. When it pertains to a spell quest, you don't have any choice.

Corth

[This message has been edited by Corth (edited 03-18-2001).]
Treladian
Sojourner

Postby Treladian » Mon Mar 19, 2001 1:04 am

I've got mixed feelings on the subject. While randomly popping rares have many benefits over those that only load at boot, I can't help but to think of Mirlantharn that went through way too much time on Toril hunting for the faerie dragon in GC without ever finding it, denying him the globe spell . . . When you introduce random pop times into the rare load equation, then a rare becomes even harder to find since you won't know if it's already loaded and been done already and can waste a lot of time searching for them. I would favor randomly timed rares though if care was taken to make sure they pop up sufficiently enough to make up for not being predictable, at least in the case of class quests.
Raiwen
Sojourner

Postby Raiwen » Mon Mar 19, 2001 1:29 am

Image Long winded post that changes topic Image

Well, that's the price you pay for rare loads. I really don't think they should be tied anyway shape or form to reboots. It's just my opinion, but the farther you remove the mud from operating based on reboots, the closer you are to a mud that lives and breaths like a world of it's own. Something akin to state saves at certain intervals would be neat. Then you can keep track of when a mob popped, or the items on the mob. You can set rates of item pop and percentages, or placement of mobs in a zone, even keep the mob memory intact during reboots or crashes.

I had an idea awhile back, but I dunno if this has ever been attempted. A Mud is made up of a data and code designed to interprete the data. How feasible would it be to have the data SQL driven?

Now, I'm going blind here. I have no way of knowing how Sojourn3 is built. But I do know that in the base Diku mud, the mud files are mostly text based. The player file is usually binary data, but it's still a flat file.

I could see issues of updating these databases in a multi-process environment. You have file locking issues for binary files, and in text files you have different line lengths which could effect an in memory index, and most the default mud files were multi-lined records, etc. This would make it horribly difficult to update text files on the fly.

However in a SQL based database (or anytype of database, c-tree, binary tree, whatever), you'd would have built in consistancy mechanisms, the ability to update tables on the fly (as long as you had code and human-based policies to deal with dumb changes - such as removing a room which a player was already in). You could add items to the mud on the fly. Add monsters to the mud, then to permently pop on a zone. You could add new rooms, and even zones.

Like I said, I'm a bit unfamiliar with how Sojourn3 is setup, so it's probably already been thought about. I would assume the mud uses a fair chunk of shared memory for all the mud file data so all the different processes could access the same data. Probably multiple threads in each process, so that each user doesn't have to be a process or each mob for that matter. Going to a SQL based solution may mean multiple hits to the database server for each request which would mean thousands of transactions - so you could cache the requests in the shared data.

I dunno, I'm rambling in half thoughts. I have no idea how feasible it would be.
Mplor
Sojourner

Postby Mplor » Mon Mar 19, 2001 2:41 am

There are no GC rares required for spell quests since Toril closed. In fact I cannot think of one rare-load item required for a spell quest offhand, unless chloracrida was needed for dscales. Mayhaps my memory is foggy.
Jegzed
Sojourner

Postby Jegzed » Mon Mar 19, 2001 4:02 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Mplor:
There are no GC rares required for spell quests since Toril closed. In fact I cannot think of one rare-load item required for a spell quest offhand, unless chloracrida was needed for dscales. Mayhaps my memory is foggy.</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wasn't one of the items for relocate loading in GC?

/Jegzed
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Mon Mar 19, 2001 5:34 am

I thought the faerie dragon's wings were needed for a quest, but maybe I'm wrong. I kind of liked Greycloak because after all the zones were done and cleaned, I could wander around practicing my skills (springleap, springleap, springleap....garrote, garrote, garrote) and maybe get surprised every so often.

Yayaril
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Mon Mar 19, 2001 8:21 am

If rares are made random pop instead of load on boot, this means that they have to also be made !locate, or casters will have 100% advantage over non-casters.

This will make rares a whole lot more rare though, that will really suck in a way. Who will walk to ZK for weeks on end to check a rare? Or who will fight a certain swamp thing (which always loads) 50 times before it finally has the item (which very very rarely loads) on it?

I think they have to be analyzed on a case-by-case basis to determine whether that particular mob/item should be pop on boot or random pop, same for locateability... lotsa work. Perhaps leave it the way it is Image
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Mon Mar 19, 2001 8:50 am

A couple of ideas for builders of rares.

Does locate object show the room or just the mob that has it? I never really tinkered with it.
If it only lists the mob that has it, then a good idea is to have the rare load at say 10%, then foloowing that command have the rare load into a NON-PLAYER room at 100% with the max mobs set to 1. Then whether or not the rare has loaded the mob and item will load into game, rendering locate useless. Before all the sorcerers go silly at me I would only suggest this for some rares. You can still combine purging of mobs in zone file and such to make the rare loads dynamic like GC.
With the problem of having to find rares for spell quests, or even other quests for that matter and it becoming too hard. Perhaps load the mob at 10% on boot, with only the quest stuff not the other stuff (the actual quest gear might have to be changed?) then check after that at say 2% in the zone file with the max mobs still set at 1 and then the quip loaded dependant on this second load of the mob.
Or change the spell quest stuff to something else.
Set up alternate quests to make rares pop. So if the enchanter trying to get D-scales happens to be the unluckiest person on earth, say me for instance. Then they could complete a slow but steady quest that would result in the mob popping. One thats long enough that rare hunters wont play with it, or make a 45+ enchanter only item involved in it.
Tell the players to stop winging and to hang out in GC more, it is the price they have to pay! *ducks*
Make a summoning device for your rare that pops anywhere in the mud.
When houses are implemented make rares pop in my house and have me distrubute them fairly using my good judgement *ducks*, ok Jasix you get the purple ones but I bags the green!
Claiming rares....too hard bin, if people get greedy stop helping them kill stuff? *shrugs*
RANT RANT

Have a Fabulous Day
Sarell/Ladak/etc ... aka Patrick
Waelos
Sojourner

Postby Waelos » Mon Mar 19, 2001 10:27 am

Greycloak rares were needed for several spellquests if you count Chlora loading there. Dragon Tattoo was needed for gate. This was fixed later on, because it was found to be unbalancing and nearly impossible. =)

Lost
Dlur
Sojourner

Postby Dlur » Mon Mar 19, 2001 12:17 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Raiwen:
<B> Image Long winded post that changes topic Image
[Snip]
I had an idea awhile back, but I dunno if this has ever been attempted. A Mud is made up of a data and code designed to interprete the data. How feasible would it be to have the data SQL driven?
[Snip]
</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Quite a few MUDs use SQL databases to store much of their information. We use this a ton at Exile, not only because it's often more stable and much faster than a standard file format, but also because it allows us to do some nifty stuff from secure web sites. The point you are getting on towards with saving the state of the MUD constantly in the DB is known as a persistant world and from what I've seen and read very few online games do this to the point that when the game reboots or crashes it is in the same state as it was before the boot.

------------------
Jim Sykora
tempus@exilemud.com
http://www.exile.ca
Jasix Prowlingwolf
Sojourner

Postby Jasix Prowlingwolf » Mon Mar 19, 2001 3:18 pm

yeah, like a few of you have mentioned and of course i have no idea what has changed but rares like dragon tattoo for a spell quest does really make it harder for the caster doing the quests. Like how many people would have loved to have had a +9 agi item last time around? I know i desperately needed one for Jasix. Goss wings were a hassle too for spell quests. How many necros had a bag full of goss wings but some mages had to hang out in GC for weeks before they could finish their quests.
I do see the idea for having a quest item be worth more then just being a 'quest item' but using eq with highly usable stats does make it a little to dificult.

As for the comment about easy kill rares not being good cause 'little guys' get cool items and they like not even zoned or nofin. UMMMM don't you think the 'little guys' deserve some sort of joy? can you imagine what it would feel like to be lvl 25 and soloed for some glimemring chainmail? I remember being lvl 25 the first time and I would have felt like i had soloed Tiamat! To have actually killed for such a great item at a small lvl would have made me want to tell everyone about the mud and smile for a week. It's not like those easy kill rares are in every zone. Making little guys happy is what builds the mud.

------------------
Jasix Prowlingwolf
Karikhan
Sojourner

Postby Karikhan » Mon Mar 19, 2001 5:42 pm

rareloads... are a mark of prestige imho

same with artifacts, et al

if you have the patience and the brains to seek out and solve quests ..all good for ya.. isn't that a part of the !pkill mud???

can be a pain in the ass to try to form a group (ohh, say invasion..) and peeps are saying .. o i am checkin for rares .. BAH!
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Mon Mar 19, 2001 6:32 pm

I'll take an invasion group over any rare Image

Hell I'll even leave that lightning bolt eyepatch guy alone, and that means a lot since I've been looking for him for 2 wipes now!

Cherzra Eat Slime
Tayros
Sojourner

Postby Tayros » Mon Mar 19, 2001 6:37 pm

Holy Crap! Corth, wassup! Image
Karikhan
Sojourner

Postby Karikhan » Mon Mar 19, 2001 6:47 pm

Cherzr....invasion was just an example.. grin
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Mon Mar 19, 2001 6:58 pm

I know, I was kidding Image

Err, I was kidding, but I meant it too! I was kidding and meaning it, know what I mean? No wait that doesn't make sense...

*emote mumbles and scratches her head, looking really dumb*

Cherzra HIGH INTELLECT (Troll) stands here.
Mplor
Sojourner

Postby Mplor » Mon Mar 19, 2001 7:00 pm

I did all the available invoker quest spells: gate, relocate, meteor swarm, inferno. None of them required a rare load mob or item (except Inferno, but it wasnt very rare at all).

The dragon tattoo is not required for any spell quests any more, since the very beginning of Soj2. Other than chlora, i really dont think any greycloak rares were required.
Karikhan
Sojourner

Postby Karikhan » Mon Mar 19, 2001 8:16 pm

Cherzr:P:P

just wont be the same not being able to

cast 'telekinesis' ogre on ya :P
instead it will be cast 'heal' cherzra .. will be mad funny :P

so speaks an itchy fingered human air elementalist and converted dooger

-A Human -=Savak's Toy=- - I n v i d i a -

[This message has been edited by Karikhan (edited 03-19-2001).]
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Tue Mar 20, 2001 12:10 am

Just gotta point one thing out that has always annoyed me with rareloads. They load, people kill them and get the items immediately... then people like me who haven't been on sojourn since 'zerkers weren't around never get to find that stuff! I mean... two hours into a boot you know there is no point in even looking for eq unless it's in one of the high level zones... because the people that know where everything is already got it all. Now if everything has a small chance to load every repop then even lowly little rangers like me can find stuff!

Case in point: Tiny Silver Rings. Ok... I know where to get them... one day the MUD crashed like 5 times in half an hour, and one guy kept beating me to the cats so I couldn't get the rings. So he got to sell them and give them to his friends or whatever and I didn't get shit because I don't set speedwalk paths... heh. Now if they loaded with say a 10% chance every repop he could have run there after every crash and not found anything.. and I could have gone there an hour later and been like Wow! a ts ring!

Yes... it means you can't count on stuff being there right after every boot so you can run and get it... but it ALSO means you could get something even if the mud reboots at 2pm and you don't get off work until 5pm
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Tue Mar 20, 2001 2:36 am

Sarvis:

The sojourn I remember had people in a frenzy at boots checking to see what rares loaded.

Of course, your point does make sense if rares pop like they do in GC throughout the boot. On the other hand I'm still not convinced that system is workable. If the mud is too unstable then nothing will ever have a chance to load. If its too stable, then the mud might be up for a long time without anything loading at all (it is after all, a rare). I guess maybe you could raise the overall load percentages.. I dunno, the whole thing seems complicated Image

Corth
Jegzed
Sojourner

Postby Jegzed » Tue Mar 20, 2001 5:09 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Mplor:
I did all the available invoker quest spells: gate, relocate, meteor swarm, inferno. None of them required a rare load mob or item (except Inferno, but it wasnt very rare at all).</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think your memory is failing you old chap.
Two of the items for relocate were rare loads. (6.17% room *poke*)
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Tue Mar 20, 2001 5:17 am

Heh, at least the iceberry loaded at boot, was locatable, and had no other purpose besides being a quest item or a tasty snack.

Corth licks his lips.

Imagine the iceberry being !locate, loading at a random time during boot, and being part of an alternative quest for a spanky weapon (or itself being a spanky item). That would clearly be inappropriate for use in a spell quest. GC rare items that fit the above criteria shouldn't be used for spell quests. Of course, from what I gather in this thread, they aren't... so its a big moot point.

Corth
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Tue Mar 20, 2001 11:29 am

Actually that's not true. If the MUD crashes constantly the rareload code would just treat each crash like another repop. Of course if it's crashing like that you might not be able to _get_ to the item in time, but it would have loaded... hehe. Complicated maybe, but so is your car's engine compared to a horse and buggy. Which is better?

Sarvis
Jasix Prowlingwolf
Sojourner

Postby Jasix Prowlingwolf » Wed Mar 21, 2001 5:28 am

OK here are a few examples of rareloads that i think are a bit sucky. Not the item or what they load on but just that they load at reboot or not at all.

# Sunstone, you have to camp at HP tree of you have little chance of getting there first. (yes i have ran from IC to HP and still been there first but wasn't very often)

# Black eyepatch. nice 4 or 5 man fight but popping at reboot only sort of sucked.

# IC rares like glimmering and silvermesh collar, making them pop on random boots wodl be cooler. Would give the lvl 20-30 set a chance for a nice item during an exp run. Not just the rare hunters that only go there during first 20 mins of boot or for vault.

Now i like ALL of these rarelaods just not when they pop. If they were to pop anytime during the boot it would help the zone groups form faster, and give anyone the chance to find them not just those with speedwalks or EQ campers.

Some Grey cloak rares should maybe be moved to other zones like SF or Spiderhaunt to make those zones more attractive to do. Although i like GC and the rares that pop there, having so many rares pop in one zone did seema bit twinky, like how many necros soloed a lot of the rares but never really needed more then 1 for the quests? Make rares load all over would make quests better as well. Like collecting 6 or so items from the one zone is cool but wouldn't Erlans be better if you had to at least do 6 zones to get the parts you wanted. Claiming a rare would be out and if you really wanted the quest item you would use yuor bid for the rare not just claim it cause you found it.

Hmm there are always pros and cons for why an item loads at reboot only, but i think easy to run to reboot only popping rares are sort of sucky. Promotes EQ camping, arguments, slow zone group forming and disapointment for most that stop doing what they are doing to get something for one person.

Maybe a system like if you find a rare you get 4 bids, but all in group get to bid as well. If you want to give your bid to the finder great but by giving everyone a bid will make people want to help with rares.

Hmm well enough for now I have other thoughts too..

------------------
Jasix Prowlingwolf
ssar
Sojourner

Postby ssar » Wed Mar 21, 2001 6:56 am

From all the news on the new Soj3, seems there will be more things added along the lines of rares, which rares, new rares, and different rareload trends.

What needs to be changed from soj2/toril is that many of the rares should be examined on a case-by-case basis, and quite a few of them changed to possibly load within the first hour, or 10 mud days, of the boot, not just exactly at boot.

Some shouldn't be changed of course.

The imms/coders seem to have everything very well in control, and so I'm sure they'll examine this and alter whatever accordingly.

I'd like to see more rares have a chance at loading later in boot, for sure, depending upon exactly where they can load, what they are for, etc..

As far as whining about who gets what etc,
It's generally accepted that s/he who finds, gets.
As long as those s/he recruits to help killit, know in advance.

Just be sensible and have fun!

On with the hunt..

Mogr.
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Wed Mar 21, 2001 7:09 am

RE: Jasix

Black eyepatch was moved, it didn't pop on that guy anymore. At least I never found it on him the last months.

As for moving GC rares to rarely frequented zones like SF, how on earth will we find them? It would have to be specifically mentioned in the news what item was moved where, or it would never be found again.

I know I for one was always glad to help someone with a rare. And I was glad people were willing to help me likewise, if you think it's a "pain" and you'd "rather be zoning", I don't think I'd like you on my side.
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Wed Mar 21, 2001 7:39 am

Cherza:

Hrmm.. your post makes me think that somebody ought to do SF asap.

If its so neglected that something moved there would never be found, then I have a hunch something has been moved there.

Corth
Saraish Aderilix
Sojourner

Postby Saraish Aderilix » Wed Mar 21, 2001 10:00 am

I never really went hunting for rares in Soj2... being an aussie never really helped. The mud just never seemed to have that many people on it... something to do with sleep or something.

However, I did end up making some rares in one of the muds that I was working on. The idea - I know its not that original, but it IS interesting - was to use a room in a zone to have all 6 exits to different parts of the world. This meant that _IF_ the mob popped, then it would be distributed around the world - but it had a choice of 6 places to "wander" its way into.

I just think that that would make rare hunting more random - and rare. It would definitely stop campers for rares. I guess there is always the option of welling to the mob in question - but hey you need to get the number don't you?

That's the aussie rant

Dan/Saraish
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Wed Mar 21, 2001 10:02 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by cherzra:
As for moving GC rares to rarely frequented zones like SF, how on earth will we find them? </font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Errr... explore? Image

Sarvis
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Wed Mar 21, 2001 10:07 am

Chloracryda rareloads into different zones.
Jasix Prowlingwolf
Sojourner

Postby Jasix Prowlingwolf » Wed Mar 21, 2001 11:21 am

Poor Chezra seems to have missed the point. Moving a few of the GC rares to other zones would
1. make people explore more.

2. have more then Vault, Jot and hell done first every boot. (Yes i am going from as goodies stand point, i dont know nor do I care what zones evils liked to do first)

3. Gives less frequented zones like SF be done a bit more.

4. Lets people that never been to SF or NZ actually get to go there even if it is so the leader can look for the rare he wants.

5. If looking for 6 or so rares in the one zone makes a good quest why not have them load in WD or BG, not like it's much different to loading in GC cept you not have to camp at the black knight.....

6. The only real thing you need for finding GC rares is a fly spell/item unless you got 500mv. Oh and di etc if you wanna be picky. Doesn't take much brain work to run into a Gazebo demon :P

7. well i have more points but i need something else to spam about next time :P

Oh and Black eyepatch may have not loaded towards the end, i was giving examples, it is irrelevant anyway. Is the idea i am talking about not so much pacific (sic) items.

Helping with rares is cool, I don't mind doing it til i help the same twink with the same item three times but he still can't leave his tower group the next day to help everyone that helped him get his rare with a CR.

------------------
Jasix Prowlingwolf
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Wed Mar 21, 2001 11:36 am

Don't patronize me you chump. Go 'poor cherzra' someone else.
Jegzed
Sojourner

Postby Jegzed » Wed Mar 21, 2001 12:03 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jasix Prowlingwolf:
<B>2. have more then Vault, Jot and hell done first every boot. (Yes i am going from as goodies stand point, i dont know nor do I care what zones evils liked to do first)
</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We did real zones, not the midlevel runs you talk about Image

/Jegzed
vynigumba
Sojourner

Postby vynigumba » Wed Mar 21, 2001 12:07 pm

Leave GC the way it is...
I would love to see more zones like that.

To make people explore more remote area you can think of mobs that random pops (every boot) across all mud. It will give you some excitement if you happen to find one.
Jasix Prowlingwolf
Sojourner

Postby Jasix Prowlingwolf » Thu Mar 22, 2001 3:11 am

How about rare load hometowns!

Every once in a while everyone pops in a random hometown. Imagine all the humans loading in Gloomhaven. The snakes all popping in the WD inn. Gnomes scratching their bald little heads in Ixaarkon.

The barbarians could end up fighting their way out of the deep underdark.

Wouldn't that pull the races together as a unit. And the gods could themselves laughing at us all.

OOC DEATH: would be a riot!

Dick Clark could host it and you sell the rights to CBS as a new survivor show. Each fight you have to work out if you go back to the inn and get the dead of your team or you steal their EQ and march on. Those that make it out alive get to split all the EQ.

or one million Platinum piece.

I aint going back for no fat naked gay barbarian tho.....

*shudder*

bad thought.. Duergar women in little blue bikini's and headband, camped on a croc infested river is the baking calimshan desert. Even the crocs were scared!

[This message has been edited by Jasix Prowlingwolf (edited 03-22-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Jasix Prowlingwolf (edited 03-25-2001).]
Jasix Prowlingwolf
Sojourner

Postby Jasix Prowlingwolf » Mon Mar 26, 2001 1:45 pm

hmm what about rare load equipment. like player equipment :P every so often you laod from a reboot with someone elses equipment.

some lvl 10 nebie might find he has a twighlight and a pair of Amy rings to play with for a boot...

and some of the lvl 50 might be decked out in sexy brown leather gungeries...

watch people run about trying to trick poeple into giving them their real eq back. could be piss funny.....

------------------
Jasix Prowlingwolf

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”