An Open Letter To Miax and Crew :

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Mistari
Sojourner

An Open Letter To Miax and Crew :

Postby Mistari » Mon Mar 26, 2001 4:37 am

To all the staff of S3 formerly known as Toril, formerly known as Sojourn, etc etc ...

It has been a very long time since I have truly been excited about mudding, from the first time I logged on my 33.6 modem account with worldnet, and saw this menu entitled [M]uds - and hit M, and changed my life forever. I still remember my first level on Sojourn many many years ago. Back when level 20 was considered godly and people were in awe of monks getting 3 hits per round ! (ahhh the good ole days ... nymn and company)... To the day that my first character (a level 19 barb warrior named Mithrand... which come to think of now .. was NOT very original but back to the point !) grew up and actually got married on the mud... I remember my little sister (rest her soul and hugs to varia who helped me through one of the toughest parts of my life)... to the extended family and all the caring friends I had made in those years of mudding, it truly has been a joyous ride, has it not ? It seems like that day years and years ago, when I just logged on the BBS for the first time, got the usual email from some dork named sysop@ and just deleted it, and found the games/mud menu ... It really doesnt seem that long ago, but who can ever forget Ror ! (man, to this day i cant remember who that was, but always grouped in the tower with him :P) ... But enough babbling, best wishes for S3 from here on out Miax, Shev, Mask, and the rest of the staff...

Yours faithful mudder, always guys !

Mistari/Bargrivyek/Thydyl and countless other personalities Image
Vigis
Sojourner

Postby Vigis » Mon Mar 26, 2001 4:45 am

Since somebody else took the initiative, I guess I will say thanks too.
I am writing a book write now (at least I hope it will become a book and not just a file on my computer) based on my character. Sojourn was my inspiration, and in a large part it still is. I have to say thank you to Lloth, Mystra, Uthgar, Mask, and all you other imms out there for making such a unique world. If this book ever gets published, I plan on sending an autographed copy to all the imms of this world. You all have helped me more than you can ever know and I thank you for it. To all the players out there, I want you to know that you are also a large part of it, thank you for being part of the best mud I have ever played.

Vigis Wolverinefang -Hunter- Pride of the Sabertooth.

P.S. after I win first place in the lit magazine with the revamped version of my first chapter (I have no doubts that I will) I'll be posting on the story board on this BBS.
Jasix Prowlingwolf
Sojourner

Postby Jasix Prowlingwolf » Mon Mar 26, 2001 5:09 am

Yeah like thanks and stuff..

------------------
Jasix Prowlingwolf
Protector of Clan Prowlingwolf
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Mon Mar 26, 2001 9:18 am

That was Xanador, the guy with the Ror!

Hiya Mistari, nice to see you Image

I have to say, no entity on this planet has developed my love for writing more than my roleplay stories on Sojourn. Thanks to this creative outlet, it's something I've decided to persue as a minor and as a possible suppliment to my career. Thanks to everyone who's read and enjoyed my stories, and thanks especially to the staff who made those stories possible. Sojourn has changed my life in a very real and tangible way.

- Ragorn
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Mon Mar 26, 2001 12:26 pm

Yup, yup.. Wanted to add my 'thanks' also.

Game has ruined portions of my life(*grin*), but overall, I value the learning experience it has afforded me, and the vast amounts of fun I've had there.

Thanks guys. Image

Mal
Tayros
Sojourner

Postby Tayros » Mon Mar 26, 2001 3:12 pm

I'll take it one step further and charge all you peeps sying thanks with this: Be there for the open Alpha and say thanks by making this a truely great mud... err.. work of art, and help out as much as possible.

Tay
Ionari
Sojourner

Postby Ionari » Mon Mar 26, 2001 6:58 pm

Many thanks for all of the thousands of hours logged by the forgers, admins, gods, coders, helpers, players, and environment that we call(ed) home.

(:
Io
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Mon Mar 26, 2001 7:10 pm

Yeah. Toril rocks.
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Mon Mar 26, 2001 7:10 pm

Yeah. Toril rocks.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Mon Mar 26, 2001 7:12 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Vigis:
<B>Since somebody else took the initiative, I guess I will say thanks too.
I am writing a book write now (at least I hope it will become a book and not just a file on my computer) based on my character. Sojourn was my inspiration, and in a large part it still is. I have to say thank you to Lloth, Mystra, Uthgar, Mask, and all you other imms out there for making such a unique world. If this book ever gets published, I plan on sending an autographed copy to all the imms of this world. You all have helped me more than you can ever know and I thank you for it. To all the players out there, I want you to know that you are also a large part of it, thank you for being part of the best mud I have ever played.

Vigis Wolverinefang -Hunter- Pride of the Sabertooth.

P.S. after I win first place in the lit magazine with the revamped version of my first chapter (I have no doubts that I will) I'll be posting on the story board on this BBS. </B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ooh! ooh! Am I in it? Image Is it an FR book? Are you any good? Or will you be too busy mudding to ever finish? Find it next week! Same Bat-time, same Bat-channel! Image

Err... sorry... at work... brain mostly fried...
Sarvis
Thalor
Sojourner

Postby Thalor » Mon Mar 26, 2001 11:25 pm

I'm going to have to throw my thanks in as well... it's rather amazing that this free game offers more quality, depth and entertainment than any other BBS, MUD, or game that generates obscene amounts of money (excluding Scorched Earth and Pong, of course) that I've encountered. But, to Sojourn's credit, Pong hasn't kept my attention for nearly as long as Sojourn has. (7 or 8 years, ack!)

Anyway, a heartfelt thanks to all the people that have poured their time and talent into creating the world of Toril/Sojourn. I can't wait to try out all the latest bits of code and zones that've been added, and once again have the cow grace my screen =)

Thanks again!

-Thalor Duskriver, Clever Title Inc.
Ruggak
Sojourner

Postby Ruggak » Mon Mar 26, 2001 11:57 pm

As a person who has been on both sides of the imm board, I know what a toll running a game can be, especially 1 such as toril. Thanks to those players and immortals who work hard and long to make this game a fun 1.
Mistari
Sojourner

Postby Mistari » Tue Mar 27, 2001 12:13 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ruggak:
As a person who has been on both sides of the imm board, I know what a toll running a game can be, especially 1 such as toril. Thanks to those players and immortals who work hard and long to make this game a fun 1.</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

For a while I had a post in the admin sphere and enjoyed it immensely, and had made many a new friend up there, including several that to this day I actually do still keep in contact with and still enjoy chatting with them online, I sincerely hope too that once again I may devote my time to helping the mud like once before. I can only sum it up simply saying that "If you really like the mud, do something to make it better", and following that, for 18 months I did just that, devoting 20-25 hours a week to just hanging out up there, keeping tabs on things, scanning for multis and talking to players and just generally socializing with peoples Image And just all in all having a good time being there.

I hope that after I get my feet wet again and get a hold on things that I will again have that chance to serve and to help make the mud what it can be, but only with the help of everyone involved (for now ill settle with testing things Image

Mistari/Thydyl/Bargurgle and other assorted identities and bad things like that :P
Ruhr
Sojourner

Postby Ruhr » Tue Mar 27, 2001 3:32 am

33.6k modem? I started MUDding with a 300 baud modem, lol.

Err, but anyhow. Thanks to all 3 forgers and support imms for bringing the best MUD in history back online.

-R

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”