Something to pass the time..

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
azzixxenae
Sojourner

Something to pass the time..

Postby azzixxenae » Fri Mar 30, 2001 1:26 pm

OK, I am truly amazed at how well you Europeans type/speak English. I do a lot of worldwide travelling, can order a beer in 5 languages, but am guaranteed to mispronounce/mispel the word. Yet, a large majority of you peeps rarely mispel/transpose verbs and adjectives while mudding.

Yeah, English may be the "universal language" but I don't see many of you speaking it in your day to day routines...only during mud sessions, and if i didn't know cherz/jegz and others from another mud...would have no idea they were from across the ocean.

How intense were those english lessons?

just curious...
teach me dutch!
Azz
imp
Sojourner

Postby imp » Fri Mar 30, 2001 2:10 pm

Being swedish as Jegzed, we had english in school from the age of nine (used to be british english but nowaday you can choose as long as you're consistent). Also only childrens programs are dubbed on telly all other programs have text lines (wich makes us snicker at american/british world war movies where the germans speak english). Most RPG freaks (me included for sure) read the a lot of fantasy in english not to mention Tolkien books both in swedish and english.

/Bogra
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Fri Mar 30, 2001 2:54 pm

It's really strange actually. I'm an engineer by profession, and usually engineers don't care much for documentation and writing - let alone spelling, grammar and punctuation.

Yet somehow I must be a freak of nature, I have this strange obsession about writing perfectly, be it in Dutch or in English. If there's anything I hate it is undoubtedly be reports/documentation/whatever that are chock-full of mistakes. I just turn green on the spot. There you go, my reason. I'm just a freak.

[This message has been edited by cherzra (edited 03-31-2001).]
Zhadrak/Dharag
Sojourner

Postby Zhadrak/Dharag » Sat Mar 31, 2001 8:17 am

Imp, who are you on the Mud? always cool to know who plays the same time as yerself.

Swede power! hehe
Karikhan
Sojourner

Postby Karikhan » Sun Apr 01, 2001 10:51 am

Cherzra :P:P

we know yer a freak baby :P thats why we love ya!!!

-Jen

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”