Stats

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Sovek
Sojourner

Stats

Postby Sovek » Fri Apr 06, 2001 1:04 pm

just wondering, if for a barbarian warrior I rolled the stats

Str
agilty
dex
const

all good, is it worth keeping or what?
should i keep rollin'? Image
Sovek
Sojourner

Postby Sovek » Fri Apr 06, 2001 1:56 pm

just wondering, i made my char
then it said it has to be approved by someone....how long does that usually take?
Jaeron
Sojourner

Postby Jaeron » Fri Apr 06, 2001 2:41 pm

First question, it depends on your preference.. I personally kept rolling till I got two mightys and a heroic on the left, with a good.

Second question, it depends on rather or not the gods are actually watching whats going on. If there is a god online, they'll take care of you right away. If not, you will have to wait for one, or choose a random name.

------------------
Jaeron -Shadowstalker, Merc for Hire, at your service.
Sovek
Sojourner

Postby Sovek » Fri Apr 06, 2001 2:47 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jaeron:
<B>First question, it depends on your preference.. I personally kept rolling till I got two mightys and a heroic on the left, with a good.

Second question, it depends on rather or not the gods are actually watching whats going on. If there is a god online, they'll take care of you right away. If not, you will have to wait for one, or choose a random name.

</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Damn....you mean that my char is gone then?:P
it said you now must wait for a god to approve you....I thought it stored it on a list or somthing....damn.
azzixxenae
Sojourner

Postby azzixxenae » Fri Apr 06, 2001 5:58 pm

*cackle* oops, that kinda slipped out.

Thanks for brightening the end of a hellish work week.

Azz
Ionari
Sojourner

Postby Ionari » Fri Apr 06, 2001 6:05 pm

I didn't know that you could roll characters during the Alpha stage?

Isn't the general populace allowed to roll during the Beta stage on Easter?
Mplor
Sojourner

Postby Mplor » Sat Apr 07, 2001 3:20 am

Everyone can roll now. It's 'open alpha'. Get on and test something. Image

As for the name thing, you may want to try a human first, just to get the hang of the game. The more exotic your race becomes, the harder it is to get the hang of Sojourn-style playing unless you have a head start. Barbarians are stuck at the end of the earth, and you might find that easier after playing a more boring char for a level or two. Image

Unfortunately your chars arent saved until you log in the first time, (good idea, staff?) so you get to sit at the login screen until a staff member approves you. If you had chosen an automatically-generated name, you would be auto-approved with no wait. You'd think there would be a message at the name selection screen indicating whether an administrator was active on the game at the time to approve you, wouldnt ya? hehe
Jasix Prowlingwolf
Sojourner

Postby Jasix Prowlingwolf » Sun Apr 08, 2001 2:57 pm

From my investigations on Barbarian Warriors.

STR, AGI, DEX & CON all seem to hit a the top notch at high heroic (98) Not 100% on the figures but from what i worked out Barb warriors neeed close to perfect in all 4 major hitter stats.

Warriors cant skimp on DEX/AGI any more, if anything Dex and Agi are more important then Str these days.

Postby Guest » Mon Apr 09, 2001 12:01 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Mplor:
<B>
Unfortunately your chars arent saved until you log in the first time, (good idea, staff?) so you get to sit at the login screen until a staff member approves you. If you had chosen an automatically-generated name, you would be auto-approved with no wait. You'd think there would be a message at the name selection screen indicating whether an administrator was active on the game at the time to approve you, wouldnt ya? </B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, there is. :P If there are no admins on, you get a bright red message which tells you so and suggests you pick a generated name. Unfortunately, it doesn't tell you if an admin is on but idle. Image

--D2
Tilandal
Sojourner

Postby Tilandal » Mon Apr 09, 2001 6:41 pm

For a warrior Id go with herioc con, mighty agi and dex and good str. Id then plunk my bonuses into agi until its heroic and then any leftovers go into str or dex. either that or you can opt for highet str to help skills like bash and leave out a bit on dex but your hitroll will suffer a bit.

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”