A General Announcement

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Galok Icewolf
Sojourner

A General Announcement

Postby Galok Icewolf » Sat Apr 07, 2001 9:49 am

I'd like to say a few things, that will make a few of you dislike me, but I think its things that needed to be pointed out.

Sojourn 3 is a ever-growing changing Mud. What this means, is that sometimes changes will take place that will not sit right in your stomach, that will sometimes not agree with you. Nostalgia is good, but some, are complaining and whining that they want their old mud back. Soujourn from what I have seen, has moved on. New classes, skills and spells have been fleshed out. I am positive that the staff welcomes contructive critisism, but when people throw a tantrum, they promptly get ignored. If you would like to make a comment, you are more then welcome to do so, but ranting about how the class you played without insight, thoughtfullness, or lacking backing, isnt going to acomplish much. This Mud is offered free to those wanting to participate in it.

I played a shaman extensively last wipe, and went with alot of groups to alot of zones. I liked shamans, there were just a couple of problems. They changed shamans and so I checked them out. Some of the changes I liked, some I didnt, so I informed people about this... mentioned problems and such. In the end I decided I'm not going to play a shaman, because I don't like what was done to the class. I do not know what i am going to play.
Those are your options. Express your views in a thought out manner. Play a different class, or don't play at all. It's your choice. Whining, and ranting isn't going to get you anywhere.
namatoki
Sojourner

Postby namatoki » Sat Apr 07, 2001 1:10 pm

Galok, that is one of the best posts I've seen so far. I hope everyone sits back and does exactly what I've been preaching as well. Please think out your posts, so all can benefit from rational thoughts rather than mindless ranting.

*applaud Galok*

Nizrath
Sadric
Sojourner

Postby Sadric » Sat Apr 07, 2001 4:00 pm

heheh well when I say I want the old mud back, I just mean I want zerks back :|

Sadric
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Sat Apr 07, 2001 4:54 pm

Am I being accused of "mindless ranting"? If you read what I wrote, everything is reasoned, I make no flames, and my purpose is simply a better mud. Like I said, I don't know if these posts are referring to me. But if they are, they are completely off base in my opinion.

Corth
Grintor
Sojourner

Postby Grintor » Sun Apr 08, 2001 1:07 am

The guy didnt name names, so please dont litter the thread with 'you talkin to me?' responses a la Tony Montana!
Me
Sojourner

Postby Me » Sun Apr 08, 2001 2:03 am

Corth seems to think that everyone is talking about him. This is like the 10th thread.
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Sun Apr 08, 2001 2:13 am

Whatever..

If you read the thread in the feedback forum and what galok said there, and then read what he said here its quite obvious that hes referring to me. And I don't think its fair that hes calling me thoughtless, and saying that I have been ranting. What should I do, not respond to this kind of bullshit being said about me? I've been on this mud a long time and I feel its my responsibility to talk about what I think could make it better. If you don't like, too bad.

Corth
Ionari
Sojourner

Postby Ionari » Sun Apr 08, 2001 2:22 am

Change happens. Go with the flow. The only thing we will see with Sojourn III is that it will continually prosper and improve.

Many, many people on Toril said the mud was 'getting old' and mundane. Some changes were made in Sojourn II where the Sorcs were divided into invokers and enchanters. People bitched. People praised. Drow were a welcome sight!

Now with the feedback from all the prior attempts at the 'perfect mud', Sojourn III will top all the others out there. Not just because of the mud code, but because of the player base that composes what we were, are, and will be.

Think about what you want out of the mud. Put into it what you can do. The ending result will be a creation made by the players, for the players. (Comma there incorrectly placed?)

Cheers...
Io
Ssryth
Sojourner

Postby Ssryth » Mon Apr 09, 2001 8:37 pm

Bah Corth rants on and on about all sorts of silly stuff... Rathipon.. now there's someone who makes a whole lot sense Image
Brugg
Sojourner

Postby Brugg » Mon Apr 09, 2001 9:17 pm

It seems to me that corth has quite a temper :-) i say we rename him Corth The Mad Flamer!
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Tue Apr 10, 2001 9:43 am

Feh! Image
Jurdex
Sojourner

Postby Jurdex » Tue Apr 10, 2001 8:39 pm

Hah, play long enough on probably any mud and you'll understand where an old school power player is coming from when he doesn't like to be spoken about in a roundabout way.

A lot of bs and gossip goes on, it isn't so much Corth is looking for it, it just happens. Be it on the message board or the mud, it will happen.

I just think everyone is entitled to their opinion, especially when it is presented in a clear and concise manner. Maybe nothing changes out of one's efforts, but does that mean one should not try to make change? Image

Jurdex
Bibbe
Sojourner

Postby Bibbe » Wed Apr 11, 2001 8:31 pm

Only dead fishes goes with the flow =)
the alive ones swim against it..

eummm .. whatever =)

- bibbe
Jenera
Sojourner

Postby Jenera » Thu Apr 12, 2001 12:11 am

I agree with Galok
I confess I have posted several flames and or rantings here in fits of bad temper
I am one of those people who miss the old mud as Galok mentioned
I was excited about alpha
And I played for several hours but something was different and uncomfortable
and as silly as that sounds, Im a weirdo anyway Image

So I have decided not to play Sojourn III
I do pop on now and then to chat with long time friends
make announcements about my crazy life
You guys are still my only friends and family and I love you all dearly Image

Have fun everyone

Jennie

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”