Never going to believe this!!

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Jols
Sojourner

Never going to believe this!!

Postby Jols » Thu Apr 12, 2001 2:21 am

Founds this at stratics.com:

A new company Cypod Interactive has begun work on a new MMORPG they have named Duris: 3D. They currently run a MUD (Multi-User-Dungeon) on the net known as Duris: Land of Bloodlust. The mud has grown so popular and developed such a strong community that they have decided to take the game a step further. Duris: 3D will be a racewars based game (Good vs Evil, Batman vs The Joker), with full PKilling. Some people wonder how full pkilling could ever have a good situation. I have taken it into my own hands to devise a pkilling scenario of good will. Sir Jim decided to take a walk into town and meet with his fellow guildmates to raid a dragon lair. Along the path into town Sir Jim spots Peasant Someonelevelme. Startled Sir Jim withdraws his sword but fumbles it into the air and Peasant Someonelevelme has found the skill to jump a fence and grab his sword. Sir Jim now plans revenge and stalks the man who stole his sword out into a zone and slays him, retaking his sword and also retaking his bag of gold he "misplaced". The developers have stated they have created ways for everyone to attain skills and keep the equipment they have earned.

The game will have a monthly charge equal to that of it's competition (Which means you can continue feeding the children, they are not going to take your pay check). They have stated they are not here to compete with the modern day MMORPG game but to take it a step further and compete with the second generation of MMORPG games coming out. To visit the MUD and get a taste of what you are in store for check out Duris: Land of Bloodlust website by clicking the link given. The creators of the game have promised first hand Beta spots to active players of the game. Screenshots, concept art and interviews should be available soon. To learn more about the game and it's creators visit the Forums.

Jols
Gindipple
Sojourner

Postby Gindipple » Thu Apr 12, 2001 2:29 am

cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Thu Apr 12, 2001 6:31 am

3D will never be as nice as text. 3D games make me nauseous, both because of the rapid stupid movement and the fact that they cater to the not-too-bright crowd.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Thu Apr 12, 2001 11:15 am

Well said Gindipple.
Jaeron
Sojourner

Postby Jaeron » Thu Apr 12, 2001 1:10 pm

I have faith. I always wish anyone well with business ventures. Image

Especially with ones I might have fun with. Image

------------------
Jaeron -Shadowstalker, Merc for Hire, at your service.
Nokie
Sojourner

Postby Nokie » Thu Apr 12, 2001 2:40 pm

Yeah, best of luck to Tim & crew for their new project. Anything like that is a risk, and it's wonderful to see a MMORPG come from MUD roots - especially ones derived from the Sojourn codebase!

-Nokie Quickfingers!
Treladian
Sojourner

Postby Treladian » Thu Apr 12, 2001 3:30 pm

Well, they at least have some experience under their belts for making an MMORPG. However, I don't know if the pkill thing will go over well with the mass market. So now there are gonna be what, 42 MMORPGs coming out in the next few years? Image
Nokie
Sojourner

Postby Nokie » Thu Apr 12, 2001 3:35 pm

I wrote a fairly short paper on MMORPGS for an Information Tech class this semeseter.
I know I have at least three facts somewhat wrong, but makes the teacher happy.

http://www.billimek.com/school/csis4840/MMORPG%20Paper.html.

Image</img>

-Nokie Quickfingers!

[This message has been edited by Nokie (edited 04-12-2001).]

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”