about sojourn3 what they changed

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Teslius
Sojourner

about sojourn3 what they changed

Postby Teslius » Mon Apr 16, 2001 4:07 pm

hey all,i think they gonna make all classes have to get a group. so a paladin the extremely good can or must rescue a ghoul or undead what they hate most and they gotta kill when they group.its not EVEN funny!. also paladins gotta kill a goodie mob when their groups need to kill? nah. i think the mud goes bad at least my view point.a paladin has to get a beserk skill or something like that when he/she fighting with evils, and a paladin must be a kinda lonely coz he/she is extremely good but most humans are fairly good or so. thats what a real paladin is. also necromancers has a soloability coz they are anti-social thats why their hometown is a bloodstone. if you think they are too powerful then should make more harder like a hell and no group with good align,they gave their soul to devil what their power from.what the necromancer stand for? i think they are sons of satan. they study forbidden magic that's why they are anti-society.
you think a warrior, a cleric, a shaman, an invoker, an enchater, an conjurer, a droud, a ranger, and maybe a rogue or a bard enuf for a group? they no need a necromancer and a paladin more than the others. if you want a group play then take a class of 'em, if not then take a lonely clase. think a shaman who is sorta cleric has a spirit have a stoneskin for keep his/her pets, but a necro has undeads w/o a stoneskin? from when a stoneskin became a cleric spell?,if a necro gotta be downgraded then take heal undead a cleric spell away. instead of a stoneskin a mage spell, also conjurers must heal a fire with burining hands too, coz they love thier pets as like as a conjurer means. but they shouldnt heal another mentals coz they are mages! if you think they too powerful then fix thier exp table so they can't get level easily. thats what real balance and real classes! and one more i think an OC must be exist in the MUD with new group code. but an oc should group with evil races.
Sangdraxus Blackfire
Sojourner

Postby Sangdraxus Blackfire » Mon Apr 16, 2001 4:17 pm

No offense, but I couldn't get through the first run-on sentence man... If you would reformat your effort I would really be interested in what you had to say...

------------------
Sangdraxus Blackfire
Ancient Defender of Mask - Sojourn
Leader of the Veil of Darkness
Kemeya
Sojourner

Postby Kemeya » Mon Apr 16, 2001 4:36 pm

You would?
Galok Icewolf
Sojourner

Postby Galok Icewolf » Mon Apr 16, 2001 5:21 pm

Several things...

1. Paladins can kill good mobs, but then they would loose exp. Nothing forces a paladin to group with a necromancer or other not so good classes. Most groups understand that a paladin in the group means not killing good mobs.

2. Necromancers arent in league with the devil, and they aren't sons of satan. This is D&D, and make belive. They do follow evil gods, but they carry specific roles.

3. Shamans are a hybrid class, a cross between mage and cleric, which is why they get stone and heal, but good in neither.

4. Conjureres cannot heal their pets with burning hands. The only spell that heals fire elementals is incindary cloud.

5. Necromancers arent really getting downgraded, their pets were fixed from a mistake before.

6. There will be no Outcasting. All races will be seperated per the majority of there alignment. E.g. Human, dwarf, halfling, grey elf, barbarian, half-elf

7. If you write in sentences that end, people can understand you easier.
vynigumba
Sojourner

Postby vynigumba » Mon Apr 16, 2001 5:32 pm

point 5 ..

Not, Necromancers are not getting downgraded, they are turning in a very different class.
Bopple
Sojourner

Postby Bopple » Tue Apr 17, 2001 4:37 am

Umm...got some to tell...

1. Paladins can kill good mobs, but then they would loose exp. Nothing forces a paladin to group with a necromancer or other not so good classes. Most groups understand that a paladin in the group means not killing good mobs.

- I don't think Teslius don't know that fact. I think he pointed out the possibilities paladin assisting evil actions. I think animate dead or killing good mobs are examples of evil actions. And if paladin overlook such actions, it's quite wrong. Yeah, some paladins would rp and leave the group or not group at all, but other paladins would overlook. That will happen. But is there any way to prohibit? No.

2. Necromancers arent in league with the devil, and they aren't sons of satan. This is D&D, and make belive. They do follow evil gods, but they carry specific roles.

- They're still very anti-social and scheming ppl. And even if not fiendish, they usually follow evil ways.

3. Shamans are a hybrid class, a cross between mage and cleric, which is why they get stone and heal, but good in neither.

- Yeah, they're priest+mage. But if i ask choose only one, you'll say they're priests. But then again, some other mages like invokers and illusionists don't(will not) have stone.

4. Conjureres cannot heal their pets with burning hands. The only spell that heals fire elementals is incindary cloud.

- Think Teslius meant they should allow conjurers to heal their own fire mentals with burning hands for the conjurer and the mental are connected closely, but not others' fire mentals.

5. Necromancers arent really getting downgraded, their pets were fixed from a mistake before.

- mistake or not, fix or not, deserved or not, it's still a downgrade.

6. There will be no Outcasting. All races will be seperated per the majority of there alignment. E.g. Human, dwarf, halfling, grey elf, barbarian, half-elf

- Yeah we all know this. But i wanna know why OC no more? I think it gives some perspectives to the mud.

7. If you write in sentences that end, people can understand you easier.

- Yeah, absolutely right.

= I don't play pet-hugging classes. I hate it. But that notion of group-friendly necromancers doesn't make sense to me.

[This message has been edited by Bopple (edited 04-17-2001).]

Fezbozz
Sojourner

Postby Fezbozz » Tue Apr 17, 2001 5:58 am

Since the mud is no longer forcing RP on any one if a paladin wants to kill good mobs and lose exp thats their choice.No necromancers are not in league with the devil. Necros don't even have to worship a god at all. Also they are not always anti-social. One example is Szass Tam who is a necro and a Lich. He interacts with people plenty, although he may be using them for his own evil schemes, he is not anti social. Although necros prefer the company of undead they are not always anti social. Liches on the other hand are more likely to keep to themselves. Also elementals and the conjurers are not buddies. A summoned elemental is not here because it wants to help. A conjurer forces the elemental to do his bidding thats why sometimes they go aggro to the one calling them forth. Well anyway thats the way I have always seen it. I can see the point in people wanting to keep a few classes around that are better to solo with then the others and I am sure people will still find unique ways to do this.

[This message has been edited by Fezbozz (edited 04-17-2001).]
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Tue Apr 17, 2001 11:28 am

I can only comment on the OC thing...

It was removed because a lot of folks complained that it was biased. If a god was on, and caught you, you were OC. If a god wasn't on, you could get away with it. Not really any equality there(though I do agree that in the real world, this is a definite possibility), but with the politics of a mud, you want to make administration as easy as possible, and as afair as possible, so you don't have to put up with the whines and flames that are inevitable. I think it was mainly removed to give the admins/coders extra time and peace of mind.

Course I could be wrong, but that's my guess.

------------------
Mal

PS - As always, opinions contained are my own, and are not intended to offend or upset anyone, but are merely outspoken thoughts from myself. If you have issues with them, bring em up, but keep flaming to emails.

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 17, 2001 11:38 am

We stopped doing outcasting for some of the reasons Malacar listed. It was horribly biased in the sense that if we were on and saw it, you might get caught, if we weren't, you were fine. The main reason is it simple was a huge time-drain for the staff. We'd be spending all this time looking for the people trying to circumvent the rules. It ended up a better solution to just go with the good/evil race grouping restrictions and lose the Big Brother watching over you policies.
Kiloppile
Sojourner

Postby Kiloppile » Tue Apr 17, 2001 7:40 pm

I understand that the party line is that necros aren't being downgraded.

However, having had a 46th level necro before the most recent wipe (barely before the announcement) I would really have to disagree. The current version of a necromancer is much harder to solo with, and doesn't have any really cool things he offers a group that are in any way unique.

Having said that, I'm gonna play a halfling warrior anywhere, so um... I don't really care. *snicker*
Bopple
Sojourner

Postby Bopple » Wed Apr 18, 2001 7:56 am

Is is impossible to code to oc automatically?
Sure I can imagine some difficulties...but?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Mask:
We stopped doing outcasting for some of the reasons Malacar listed. It was horribly biased in the sense that if we were on and saw it, you might get caught, if we weren't, you were fine. The main reason is it simple was a huge time-drain for the staff. We'd be spending all this time looking for the people trying to circumvent the rules. It ended up a better solution to just go with the good/evil race grouping restrictions and lose the Big Brother watching over you policies.</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Galok Icewolf
Sojourner

Postby Galok Icewolf » Wed Apr 18, 2001 9:04 am

Halfling warriors.... Rofl...

You won't like it past level 41... *shrug*
Treladian
Sojourner

Postby Treladian » Wed Apr 18, 2001 5:27 pm

Bopple: Then you have some problems involving a few evils that tried to get goodies OCed by handing them items without being asked to or assisting goodies (especially rangers and paladins :rolleyes Image that they come across fighting. While this is only a miniscule percentage, it can cause horrendous headaches those involved if it was hardcoded. It's a big headache for admins manually or hardcoded.
Kiloppile
Sojourner

Postby Kiloppile » Wed Apr 18, 2001 6:09 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Galok Icewolf:
<B>Halfling warriors.... Rofl...

You won't like it past level 41... *shrug*</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Boy, glad to hear the expert chime in with that nonsense. Um... is there some reason you think that?

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”