Sheer Generosity--stuff you got free

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Klosh
Sojourner

Postby Klosh » Mon Feb 26, 2001 9:52 pm

The best gift ever given to me was when Jurdex let me tag along for my first invasion trip for my birthday. To top it off I won a nice little sword. One of the best b-day presents ever. Thanks Jurd, I like love you and stuff.

Klosh
Selias
Sojourner

Postby Selias » Fri Mar 02, 2001 8:18 pm

Well I guess the best thing that anyone gave me was an invite to do invasion before I was !fail globe on my enchanter. From that trip I won an amethyst belt... it was the spankiest piece of eq that I owned.

Also, a shaman, who was a guild mate of mine (I forget his name, I know I'm a schmuck) gave me 2 titanium rings, and then later let me borrow an amey I think... or maybe gormal let me borrow the amey, I forget.

Overall though, eq isn't important, it's the friends that ya get, and that's the BEST thing I've ever gotten.

Ragorn/Gormal - I hope to see you on the dark side
Jurdex
Sojourner

Postby Jurdex » Sat Mar 03, 2001 11:07 am

Klosh, no problem man, that was some serious luck and I thought it was pretty cool to see a guy win twilight on his birthday. Image

I cannot recall the warriors name, but I was playing my cleric, Dornax, my first main and I hadn't gotten heal quite yet and this high lvl warrior was waiting for the ship and I healed him up, and he gave me two moonbeam cloaks, I was ecstatic. Image

Since then I tried to do the same.

Jurdex
Ebgar
Sojourner

Postby Ebgar » Sat Mar 03, 2001 6:06 pm

Let's see.....Larima/Amiral/Maladryn (who is my roomate) gave me a fireweed to match my other one....
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Sun Mar 04, 2001 6:58 am

Long long time ago, when I had a human warrior, I got lost in logging camp and fdied at about lvl 15, thought I was going to lose my spanky silver rings and stuff hehe, Jurdex and Karaz who I hadn't previously nmet rescued me then gave me a PB shield, a pair of onyx earring, and some gold boots... That was fairly grand I thought for a low level character to recieve from someone they had never met, I was impressed!

Fladd/Vlax gave me a gaggle of little stuff to help me along, most notibly the advice "if you are in the situation try not to go 3d today plz"

I recall a time someone got REALLY angry at me for giving a glitter mask and a couple of holy longswords to some new lvl 20ish chars that I was getting into a rag tag group of sorts to go on excursion with Sarell. Can't remember who it was, but it was certainly very strange, going on about how I would unbalance the mud ROFL...

OH OH...my favourite thing I got given was the eerie sword Fladd/Vlax gave me that made me 2 foor taller so I could bash everything with ladak... And as for me giving stuff out......
I really liked to feed elf burgers to those trolls at TP *ruffles cherzra*, getting slime all over you was certainly worth it for the spectacle of seeing a troll chow down on my old boots in a bun (guess the sweat left its taste in there?)...those trolls really have no sense of refinement in their tastes..

Lots of Love and Safe Travels Always

Sarell/Ladak/etc ...aka Patrick
Serogg
Sojourner

Postby Serogg » Sun Mar 04, 2001 8:11 am

I gotta say Ossisna, Krretuss and Vazzgo man they gave me a grip load like im a spoil kid wooo hooo >=D

Serogg
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Sun Mar 04, 2001 11:57 am

Bootburger with extra footcheese.. yum!
Azralek Silvermist
Sojourner

Postby Azralek Silvermist » Mon Mar 05, 2001 5:04 am

AW AW

Grey suees
from the semi retired conjurer Rhuric(hope i spelled that right )way back in the day when they were still haste.

When i still thought hell was a scary place.
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Mon Mar 05, 2001 5:29 am

hrmm.. I've been planning to write this but its long so i've been putting it off.

It must have been more then four years ago when I quit toril and dumped all my spanky monk eq 3w of ftn. I had some relatively good stuff. For instance, a dragonbone, which at the time was really rare (obligatory thank yous goto tagad).

Well of course I came back about a year later, except now I had no eq. I did have a mid level sorc, so I started again with him.. practically naked.

When I was powerleveling Corth (before I quit), I met a newbie Cleric... Dornax. We spent a lot of time killing cat burglars and even though he was a pure newbie he played well so I kept looking for him whenever I did exp. Anyways, a couple days after I come back as Corth, who do I run into but Dornax.. In the high 40's I believe. He almost completely equipped me, and introduced me to his friends. I thought that it was really cool. He hardly knew me, and he didn't owe me anything, but he went out of his way to get me back on my feet.

A month or so later, I finally have globe. I do SF for the first time. I was really excited. Anyways, it was one of those days. People kept dying stupidly.. the zone took a long time... etc... At the end of the trip I bid on the adamantite helm (infra helm). Spanky piece of EQ. Well, I lost the bid to Mplor who I think was probably in a very bad mood after leading that dreadful group. Anyways, Mplor gave me the helm. At the time it was a *really* spanky piece of eq. I don't know why he gave it to me.. we never really grouped much when we were both newbie monks, although we were in Mikar's guild together for all of a few days Image Regardless, it was a very cool thing to do.

Corth

[This message has been edited by Corth (edited 03-05-2001).]
Arrtiliss
Sojourner

Postby Arrtiliss » Mon Mar 05, 2001 6:40 am

I remember back when i was a new to the mud. played a human assassin, Artil. i was like around level 5 or something. I was like waiting for my friends to log on and go kill some bunnies east of tp. This cleric Sunadar? or something like that...high level cleric that hangs with Xanador evil paladins :P . Well i didn't know that person at all and gave me some kind of dragon scalemail. ac22 i dink. it was spanky compared to my leather stuffs. i was like eye popping...woa a dragon eq on me...wow..

Thanks Image
Tilandal
Sojourner

Postby Tilandal » Mon Mar 05, 2001 9:27 am

Back on Toril I believe, My sorc Margar was grouped with a shaman (can remember names, im so bad with them). We did exp in some zone I never saw befor (or since) but during the trip she (i think it was a she) looked at me and gave me a featurless mask of pure white skin. It wasnt the greatest item in the word but it looked cool and I never saw anyone wearing another. Later while exploring I did find a mob that had a description that was very close to the mask's. I killed it a few times after boot but never got anything, It was some mage who had been punished for something and had his face removed. Someday ill get another one of those mask's.
Galok Icewolf
Sojourner

Postby Galok Icewolf » Mon Mar 05, 2001 1:18 pm

I feel so abused! You don't even remember me selias? or maybe you just don't remember my name? Image

I would have to say the best gift I got, was the patience that everyone put up with for my newbie arse, until I was semi-competent (I don't even know if I'm there yet :P).

EQ wise, I was pretty upset about loosing bid in crypts for the umpteenth time, and ragorn hooked me up with that hela ugly looking amulet. (I think he broke my loosing streak, because for the next 4 zones I won what I wanted, Ameth ring, mantle of knowledge, fireweed earring, and final item i needed for charm bracelet) Needless to say, I was pretty happy over the next couple days Image

A long time ago.. in sojourn when I was a real bad newbie I had a troll shaman, by the name of Chugru. Now there was this troll (I think a swede) whose name started with a g (garosh? garrog? garrok? *panic* I don't remember) but I had asked him for help because I died trying to get out of ghore. He came with a female troll (?? *cry* also a swede I think) and they took me towards the UD. They realized I didnt have a fly helm so they got me one and then took me to do my first equipment runs ever on duergar settlement king. If any of you are this person, or possibly know this person please tell me. Image

[This message has been edited by Galok Icewolf (edited 03-05-2001).]
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Mon Mar 05, 2001 1:46 pm

Was prolly grosh, he hooked me up with tribal quest items real early in last wipe too Image
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Mon Mar 05, 2001 2:54 pm

Hey, ebgar... Tell Amiral Malacar says hello, if you'd be so kind? Image

Mal
Ruagh
Sojourner

Postby Ruagh » Mon Mar 05, 2001 3:22 pm

I think it was Garugg or sometning like this. He helped my lil drow too Image And I think I saw him in Duris some time ago.
Selias
Sojourner

Postby Selias » Thu Mar 08, 2001 1:31 am

Sorry Galok. I'm real bad with fantasy names =P Thanks man.
Tilandal
Sojourner

Postby Tilandal » Thu Mar 08, 2001 1:43 am

Hmm, my trolls name was Garugg. I do remeber giving out some stuff but not to who or even what. Some extra pbone equ and such probably. Im not sweedish and I dont play on Duris so your probably thinking of someone else.
Tovel
Sojourner

Postby Tovel » Thu Mar 08, 2001 9:33 pm

Someone gave me an etched dagger,cant remember who it was though maybe ilsh or mplor.
Jasix Prowlingwolf
Sojourner

Postby Jasix Prowlingwolf » Fri Mar 16, 2001 2:03 am

I was given many nice items from good friends over the years but my most prized piece of equipment was from before the pwipe (not the closure). My sweetheart Shalia gave me a kiss and told me not to leave WD. She headed for EM, soloed Bandor (she was only little) and caught a boat back and gave me the huge drinking flagon (I didn't have one at all at the time, I was only little too) To me it ment the world to me, not cause i needed one but cause she wanted to do something nice for me, *smile* she was so happy.
All the eq in the mud could not replace that flagon when we got pwiped. You can always get another sword or earring but you can never get back that first gift from your sweetheart. *sigh*
Guess you have to understand me to know that a gift from the heart is much more important to me then a gift from an over full spare EQ bag.

------------------
Jasix Prowlingwolf
Protector of Clan Prowlingwolf
Aedarton
Sojourner

Postby Aedarton » Fri Mar 16, 2001 4:29 pm

When I first rolled my Paladin on Toril. I stumbled out of the Guild and into Jacyn. He chuckled, gave me 300p and a glowing golden longsword and commited me to live the life of a true Paladin.
He was the best RP Paladin I knew.

-Aesarton (later to become Aedarton)
twas always creative with names :P
Ionari
Sojourner

Postby Ionari » Sat Mar 17, 2001 5:23 pm

As Leilliel, a grey elf ranger who took 10 months to get to level 20 and off of EM, was in the woods one day when some nasty roots killed her.

Larima happened to be strolling around in the forest and noticed my plight, assisted in arranging a CR for me.

After my nearly 3 hour ordeal, he up and gave me a Crimson Sword of Armonder. A treasure I valued more than any other I ever received on this mud since it was the first gift I ever had from someone. And I made a friend too. Thanks Larima.

Io
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Sat Mar 17, 2001 8:15 pm

Hey Aedarton, now that the mud will now have an arena we can go through with that duel that you wanted us to have. That way you can stop telling tall tales about how you were going to petition the gods to have us both teleported into a pvp arena where we would fight to the death and the winner would get the loser's gear. Silly fibbing paladin!

Yayaril
Aedarton
Sojourner

Postby Aedarton » Tue Mar 20, 2001 12:23 pm

ROFL, Yayaril. U had me laughin sooo hard.
Who was your sister ?
Gene Quagmire
Sojourner

Postby Gene Quagmire » Thu Mar 22, 2001 5:49 pm

I got a Pink Veil for me Shammie once. That kicked butt. I think that was the most valuable thing I was ever given. My paladin was given lots of Mith Broadswords too. God, I loved that thing.

------------------
The Mangler.
Janden
Sojourner

Postby Janden » Thu Mar 22, 2001 6:49 pm

When I was relatively low level, someone handed me a pair of rusty sleeves and told me to sell them.. At the time they were worth something like 3k plat which really helped me get off my feet. For the life of me I can't remember who it was.

I ended up starting a shaman and met up with an equally low level monk named Tamerzein. We must have slaughtered buffs till we were in the low 20's, and he being a monk of course levelled much faster than I did. Anyhow, he eventually got into better exp. groups and started zoning with Trogar. He would always keep in touch though, letting me know how things were going. I eventually decided to follow in his footsteps and created my first monk, Jaedus. Not long thereafter, Tamerzein decided to call it quits, and he handed me a dragonbone, dryad gown, along with some other higher level monk eq that he had acquired.

I would have probably quit the mud if not for Tamerzein.. not only because of what he gave me, but because he was the first real friend I made. He dissapeared the day he handed me that equipment and I never heard from him again.

I only wish I could have showed him what I was able to accomplish in the long run. I hope that he would have been proud.

Although he probably wouldn't expect it, Dornax/Jurdex also played a big part in my sticking with the mud. He was another one that befriended me in the early going and never hestitated when I had questions or just felt like talking to someone.

And I have to thank from the bottom of my heart Trogar for accepting me and making me feel like I was part of a group.

Trogar tells you 'fol' anytime man Image

Generosity to me on the mud really had nothing to do with equipment. I ended up with my fair share anyway Image It was the guys that went the extra mile to make me feel like I was more than just another player that I truly appreciate. There are, of course, many others, and I only hope I get the chance to repay them all someday.
Vigis
Sojourner

Postby Vigis » Fri Mar 23, 2001 2:40 am

Originally posted by Kwirl:
and one day, when you are in trouble with a CR, that little guy you helped who has gone on to achieve level 50 status etc - he will be there to help you.

I know what you mean there. I met Tanras when he started out as a cleric. I was hanging out with Sarvis and Grorn alot at the time and decided I'd see if Tansar (was his name then) wanted to come along. Well, we started being friends, and when he got axed by Mystra he came back a couple weeks later. I tried to hook him up with what eq I had, I was only level 20 or so at the time, so it wasn't that great. However, I remember one time he was lvl 50 necro and asked if I wanted some exp. My answer was of course Hell Yes! Anyhow he reaches into a bp and pulls out a crescent eyepatch and told me that I was one of the first people who ever helped him on the mud. It made me feel great for about 2 weeks that I had been able to help him out at one time. Also, he was always there to help me get my corpse if I managed to get my not so intelligent barbarian butt into a nasty situation.

One of the best gifts I ever got though came when somebody at school managed to log Vigis on and type quit. I lost all my eq, and I had some decent stuff: Frosty, Brig plate, Rhemo cloak, etc. The gift was from somebody who did not want to be named then, and I will not name them now. They told me the names of the two newbies who had found my eq and were trying to quietly sell it off in WD. With the help of my clan and friends, enough pressure was put on the newbies to give my eq back (one was REAL reluctant and actually told me I should reward him, which I did. However, his friend didn't ask me for anything and got a better reward.)

I'd like to say thank you to that unnamed person who managed to save me many tears and alot of frustration.

Oh yeah, other gift was my last name, for which I had to argue quite hard Image

Thanks to everybody who ever helped me out!
Vigis Wolverinefang
Tinnel
Sojourner

Postby Tinnel » Fri Mar 23, 2001 2:46 am

Best gift I ever got was Crukk. For showing me how to play this dam game. I was a lowly Dwarf Warrior, and was approached by him as his OC cleric. I soon after rolled an enchanter and proceeded to get Crukk killed over and over and over and over again. Thank god I've improved immensely since those days. This time I'll have his back with the heals. Thanks Crukk.

T
Mplor
Sojourner

Postby Mplor » Fri Mar 23, 2001 3:24 am

One day I was a level 12 or so monk depressed cuz these necros were walking around with FAR too many 'a skeleton of Mplor shambles in from the south' and Kloin gave me a Tiny Silver Ring. These were pretty uber back in those early days of Sojourn before many had reached level 40. Later on that ring went on to some other newbie.

Mp
Sadric
Sojourner

Postby Sadric » Fri Mar 23, 2001 5:35 am

I remember getting one of the first shining mith broadswords, from mennoch. xanador also gave me quite a few things, agreiver and arthorn tried to give me an ambran if I joined eye aeternum, and pheten twinked me with some stuff to try and get me playing again at one point Image

Sadric
Jurdex
Sojourner

Postby Jurdex » Fri Mar 23, 2001 8:20 am

I remember that Janden.. doing elites for hours and hours when I was plvling or something, I think, right? Hah, you learned pretty damn quick though, I turned around and you had some of the best gear on the mud and were a darn nifty monk! Good to see you, man.

Jurdex
Dakrish
Sojourner

Postby Dakrish » Sun Mar 25, 2001 1:07 am

I've been helped a bit along the way, to many times to count. There's Nilan, Thiran, Jacyn(that nice mithril broadsword +5+5 yea!), Dorhain, Enistaeliea/alistra (who always gave me a laugh), Grimlak/Kaihen - damn we did a lot of stupid stuff together have a TON of fun, Garrok, Yuggok, And so on, and so forth. Thanks all Image

laterz
me
Dakrish/Gyrx
Alaindril
Sojourner

Postby Alaindril » Sun Mar 25, 2001 2:30 am

So many to remember, so I'll just stick with the ones who helped me out when I was just a lil' druid, at least 25 levels away from becoming the jaded taxi that I eventually turned into. :P

Janden (I feel weird calling you that, given all the other names I've known you by...) - for experience, advice, support, and a hell of a lot of fun too (running from the crimson death... whee)...

Archung/Caerlius - for experience, advice, friendship and portable holes full of quasi-nifty crap. Not to mention raids on the chieftain of SS...

Jilael - for introducing me to the wonder that is wizzies. Or was. whatever. as well as support in reaching that elusive big four-six as a dru, sorc tutelage, and more things I'm forgetting...

Lur - for many things, but most importantly, always ensuring me a place even when you didn't know me much.

-the !succubus 112 int kamikaze elf, conqueror (conquered?) of the astral plane, and regular customer of 3w resurrection services, inc...
Zhadow
Sojourner

Postby Zhadow » Sun Mar 25, 2001 4:57 am

<blink> <font color="blue"> Sheer generosity, i'll go with Ossisna ... if you know him in rl ... you'll know why Image</font> </blink>

[This message has been edited by Zhadow (edited 03-25-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Zhadow (edited 03-25-2001).]
Janden
Sojourner

Postby Janden » Sun Mar 25, 2001 6:04 pm

Alaindril,

We have so much to catch up on it isn't even funny.. I can't believe I forgot to mention you above - I guess I never considered you a "mud pal" .. you're so much more than that Image

When you get this, please send me an email or an instant message (kenwx1).

Ken
Djaarrukan
Sojourner

Postby Djaarrukan » Fri Apr 20, 2001 12:56 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by D2:
<B>Back on Toril, evils had a very nice system of hand-me-down eq. As one person got a nice piece, what he/she had been using was passed down to someone else. In this way, almost everyone always got something out of a zone group. I got lots of decent stuph that way until I got big and bad enough to be one of the people getting the zone items and giving others the hand-me-downs.

No joke. Duergars took care of their own.

But I also still remember the day that someone first gave me something for free. I was about level 10 or so, wandering through Ixarkon killing stuph with whatever sad stabber I had and Gledrukmig (Santego) walked by and handed me a wicked black stiletto. I was in total shock and forever grateful and we became great friends. =)

--D2</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Speaking of Gled.. He gave me, get this, a cloak of eternal flames. I don't know how many were in the game, but I bet it was under 10. And after the Gods took away haste from just about every item, it was one of a very few that still had it. Also, (so sorry I don't remember your name, bub) another dooger gave me a set of Dbones. People gave me so much cool stuff... thanks all.

Djaarrukan

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”